Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    32138 posts National Team Captain
    wth22 wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Letting Alexis go is absolute bonkers, I'm all for youth but we already have absolutely no depth and it's literally just starters and kids left now. We're in 4 competitions, including lengthy Europa travels, our youth would have gotten plenty of chances Alexis or not.

If we suffer 2 injuries in attack we won't even have youth left :D definitely need more bodies.

Alexis is abysmal and signing him epitomised everything wrong with the club in the past few years. He needed to go. Perfectly willing to run the risk of being a bit short numbers wise in attack to get him out. Hope he never plays another game for the club again.

I don't particularly mind him leaving but to let him and Lukaku leave without replacements is baffling.

I do agree with that... which is why I've said since the summer with it being obvious Lukaku was out... that I wouldn't have minded Sanchez staying. But on the flip side it's entirely understandable as to why he's leaving.

And don't underestimate how much of it is Sanchez wanting to go either. Per several reports he never really got on with anyone in the locker room except for Lukaku. That was reported prior to his links to Inter so it makes sense that he'd potentially be pushing a move to Inter. Don't think OGS particularly minds not getting in the way given his struggles last season.
  • Sellish
    9512 posts League Winner
    Rochdale at home.
    We should be seeing both Gomes and Greenwood there.
  • Apollo
    16153 posts World Class
    edited August 28
    Sellish wrote: »
    Rochdale at home.

Yep, was exactly the kind of draw I was hoping for, especially being at OT. Perfect opportunity to give our academy players a game, the two you mentioned and we should also see Tuanzebe at CB too :blush:
  • Sellish
    9512 posts League Winner
    Best way to get tickets to a game like that?
    Should be a cheap game that could be great watching.
  • Mike
    10067 posts Has That Special Something
    Best way to get tickets to a game like that?
    Should be a cheap game that could be great watching.
    They'll be giving them away
  • Keano
    14126 posts Has That Special Something
    Rochdale at home.

Yep, was exactly the kind of draw I was hoping for, especially being at OT. Perfect opportunity to give our academy players a game, the two you mentioned and we should also see Tuanzebe at CB too :blush:

I'd hope to see Chong, Garner, Gomes, Greenwood & Tuanzebe in that.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    finsfan85 wrote: »

2 hours 36 minutes late... unusual for you.
  • Ahmer50x
    19770 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »
    Rochdale at home.

They should all be starting.

Probably alongside the likes of Smalling, Young, Matic, and Mata
  • Apollo
    16153 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    Rochdale at home.

They should all be starting.

Probably alongside the likes of Smalling, Young, Matic, and Mata

I'd personally start them all except Garner. I think he'll be brought on off the bench, he looked the least ready of the four in preseason (not including Tuanzebe in that four as his situation is different). Will be very disappointed if the rest of them aren't starting though, it's the perfect opportunity to give them a start.
  • finsfan85
    12878 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 28
    Couchy wrote: »

Well anyway, let’s stay on topic here. Do we think the meeting was about a new contract at United? A future transfer to Real? Do we think Pogba is unhappy at United?
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    edited August 28

Well anyway, let’s stay on topic here. Do we think the meeting was about a new contract at United? A future transfer to Real? Do we think Pogba is unhappy at United?

He’s going nowhere this summer. End of topic.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    Rochdale at home.

No, we should be seeing Lingard and Dan James there.
  • Keano
    14126 posts Has That Special Something

He’s going nowhere this summer. End of topic.

• Wyojasond
    12154 posts Has That Special Something

Probably went something like this....

Mino: “Paul’s here, Paul doesn’t want to be here, but give us a nice raise and he’ll try his best til next summer.”

Woodward: “Sounds good to me”
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32138 posts National Team Captain

Probably went something like this....

Mino: “Paul’s here, Paul doesn’t want to be here, but give us a nice raise and he’ll try his best til next summer.”

Woodward: “Sounds good to me”

probably
  • EA_Rtas
    1643 posts EA Moderator
    Alright as was said before let's leave it out now. The thread starts to go back on topic then someone brings it up again and it goes down the rabbit hole over and over.
  • Apollo
    16153 posts World Class
  • Pxul_
    8212 posts League Winner
    He’s like your 4th best cb surely Jones and rojo should be out the door before him 😂
  • Apollo
    16153 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    He’s like your 4th best cb surely Jones and rojo should be out the door before him 😂

Several of us in here think he's being moved on ahead of Jones because of his lack of ability on the ball. Ole wants his CBs to be comfortable in possession, and Smalling just isn't.

I doubt we could find a buyer for Jones regardless tbh :D I think we're stuck with him until his contract runs out sadly.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Smalling is arguably better than Lindelof. Better in the air, 1v1 defending and much quicker. Has to rotate round the ball when he passes it though. Big mistake letting him go as the current batch of defenders are so bad in the air.
  • Sellish
    9512 posts League Winner

Several of us in here think he's being moved on ahead of Jones because of his lack of ability on the ball. Ole wants his CBs to be comfortable in possession, and Smalling just isn't.

I doubt we could find a buyer for Jones regardless tbh :D I think we're stuck with him until his contract runs out sadly.

Jones is a better CB imo but him, Rojo & Bailly have a Sturridge like injury history..
    Wouldn't mind Smalling stay.
  • Sellish
    9512 posts League Winner
    edited August 29
    Smalling is arguably better than Lindelof. Better in the air, 1v1 defending and much quicker. Has to rotate round the ball when he passes it though. Big mistake letting him go as the current batch of defenders are so bad in the air.

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Sarcastic-Laugh.gif

• Apollo
    16153 posts World Class

It's actually quite impressive how you manage to be wrong about virtually everything football related.
  • Apollo
    16153 posts World Class

Jones is a better CB imo but him, Rojo & Bailly have a Sturridge like injury history..
    Wouldn't mind Smalling stay.

I wouldn't mind Smalling staying either, but as we're talking about who is 4th choice, not 1st or something I'm happy to trust Ole's decision on that. They should only be getting cup games so it's not too bad.
  • MarkFromNorwich

It's actually quite impressive how you manage to be wrong about virtually everything football related.

In your opinion...

haven't you criticised me for choosing style over substance? Lindelof is a more comfortable footballer, but Smalling is a much better pure defender.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 29
    Re-post
  • Apollo
    16153 posts World Class
    edited August 29
    Nvm
  • ViVaWhom
    8291 posts League Winner
    some good news in transfer market
    Manchester United defender Chris Smalling is close to joining Roma on a season-long loan for a €3m (£2.7m) fee, according to Sky in Italy.