Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • Wyojasond
    12178 posts Has That Special Something
    Couchy wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Do United think Sancho would come to them even if they are not competing for the title? Better look at other options

    Sancho would start at pretty much any club in the world right now on that right side, apart from Liverpool and Barca. United could afford him (£125-175m) and offer him a big wage and first team football but so could many other better clubs

    Personally think he ends up at United or Chelsea next year. Although if Salah does leave, we could be added to the bidding war. Can never count out Madrid and Barca too 🤷‍♂️

    Dortmund are geniuses for offering him his new contract though. Keeps the player happy all year and not focused on a big money move next year. Plus gives them more muscle to bargain with when teams come in with offers.

    Setting a pretty low bar for Geniuses there 😂 most obvious decision ever.

    And yet you see it all the time still. Look at Eriksen, think he only makes like 80k a week. No wonder Spurs keep getting lowball offers.

    Might seem obvious, but still a great bit of business by them. Especially a club not exactly renown for offering big contracts.
  • Tornado31619
    17832 posts World Class
    Sancho might not want to struggle with applying for a visa if Britain leaves the EU without a deal.
  • Ahmer50x
    19897 posts World Class
    Sancho might not want to struggle with applying for a visa if Britain leaves the EU without a deal.

    Think it helps that a lot of his mates from the England squad play here
  • Tornado31619
    17832 posts World Class
    Also, would Sancho actually fit Klopp’s system?
  • TakeItSlow
    7928 posts League Winner
    I could see Sancho going to United. Goes against everyone’s “we want to do it with youth!” Policy though.
  • forearms
    4958 posts Big Money Move
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    I could see Sancho going to United. Goes against everyone’s “we want to do it with youth!” Policy though.

    🤦‍♂️
  • Apollo
    16231 posts World Class
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    I could see Sancho going to United. Goes against everyone’s “we want to do it with youth!” Policy though.

    No it really doesn't. Not even a little bit. No one said we don't want signings, we want signings that fit a certain criteria - young, hungry players with potential who go onto develop at the club. The likes of AWB, etc.
  • Kellnerr
    2832 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sancho can play on either side, don't know why everyone always refers him as just a right sided player. He's played on the left in his first season at Dortmund.
    Real, PSG, City (with D. Silva leaving and Bernardo probably playing in CM then, also Sane out of favour) and you guys have demand. Probably us if one of our wingers looks for a move to Spain. Maybe even Barca, depending on what they are planning. Plenty of interest in Sancho, will be a huge summer. Next question is if he even wants to leave, can see Dortmund winning the league this year, they have strengthened well.
  • forearms
    4958 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 28
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Sancho can play on either side, don't know why everyone always refers him as just a right sided player. He's played on the left in his first season at Dortmund.
    Real, PSG, City (with D. Silva leaving and Bernardo probably playing in CM then, also Sane out of favour) and you guys have demand. Probably us if one of our wingers looks for a move to Spain. Maybe even Barca, depending on what they are planning. Plenty of interest in Sancho, will be a huge summer. Next question is if he even wants to leave, can see Dortmund winning the league this year, they have strengthened well.

    Who do you figure out of your front three would be the first to go to Real Madrid/Barcelona? I used to think it would be Salah, but now I could see any of the three being courted.
  • Wyojasond
    12178 posts Has That Special Something
    forearms wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Sancho can play on either side, don't know why everyone always refers him as just a right sided player. He's played on the left in his first season at Dortmund.
    Real, PSG, City (with D. Silva leaving and Bernardo probably playing in CM then, also Sane out of favour) and you guys have demand. Probably us if one of our wingers looks for a move to Spain. Maybe even Barca, depending on what they are planning. Plenty of interest in Sancho, will be a huge summer. Next question is if he even wants to leave, can see Dortmund winning the league this year, they have strengthened well.

    Who do you figure out of your front three would be the first to go to Real Madrid/Barcelona? I used to think it would be Salah, but now I could see any of the three being courted.

    Bobby is gonna die here 😂

    Mane might get tempted but he seems happier than ever. Salah seems the obvious answer, but he even came out recently and said how happy he is here. Most of his frustration seems to be with the Egyptian FA.
  • TakeItSlow
    7928 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    I could see Sancho going to United. Goes against everyone’s “we want to do it with youth!” Policy though.

    No it really doesn't. Not even a little bit. No one said we don't want signings, we want signings that fit a certain criteria - young, hungry players with potential who go onto develop at the club. The likes of AWB, etc.

    Spending 120-150m on one player goes against that, even City don’t do that.
  • ViVaWhom
    8291 posts League Winner
    Sellish wrote: »
    @ViVaWhom You're really negative. You're the only one who want to keep Alexis (Mark doesn't count) and you seem to be the only one with expectations that we should challenge for the league already.

    Mourinho left this club in pieces. We are in a worse place then we was when LvG left.
    We're in a bigger rebuild then ever just that now we need to make it right. Ole makes sure this club is becoming what we all want it to be.

    we are million miles away from title atm, i dont think i ever said we should be challenging for title now, you might have assumed that from me talking about fergie era but i was more pointing to a winning formula than the achievements

    My worry is the current attack won't get top 4, there is literally zero depth now. i know sanchez will never be as good as he was but he would still offer some extra quality off the bench or starting, he still had moments of quality play. currently we are WAY too thin, and its all good saying give the kids ago but when it doesnt work then its gonna make it harder to get the higher young talent around the world (hell, people just now are saying we have no chance for sancho if we dont get CL)

  • Kellnerr
    2832 posts Fans' Favourite
    forearms wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Sancho can play on either side, don't know why everyone always refers him as just a right sided player. He's played on the left in his first season at Dortmund.
    Real, PSG, City (with D. Silva leaving and Bernardo probably playing in CM then, also Sane out of favour) and you guys have demand. Probably us if one of our wingers looks for a move to Spain. Maybe even Barca, depending on what they are planning. Plenty of interest in Sancho, will be a huge summer. Next question is if he even wants to leave, can see Dortmund winning the league this year, they have strengthened well.

    Who do you figure out of your front three would be the first to go to Real Madrid/Barcelona? I used to think it would be Salah, but now I could see any of the three being courted.

    I actually think there would be more interest in Mane than Salah. Can't see Bobby going anywhere though.
  • Apollo
    16231 posts World Class
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    I could see Sancho going to United. Goes against everyone’s “we want to do it with youth!” Policy though.

    No it really doesn't. Not even a little bit. No one said we don't want signings, we want signings that fit a certain criteria - young, hungry players with potential who go onto develop at the club. The likes of AWB, etc.

    Spending 120-150m on one player goes against that, even City don’t do that.

    You don't spend that on a player every summer. If we signed him he could quite easily be here for 10+ years.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 28
    Only thing Im concerned about with Sancho is how much pressure he's going to be under, regardless of performances people will want G/A every game for the price tag.
  • TakeItSlow
    7928 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    I could see Sancho going to United. Goes against everyone’s “we want to do it with youth!” Policy though.

    No it really doesn't. Not even a little bit. No one said we don't want signings, we want signings that fit a certain criteria - young, hungry players with potential who go onto develop at the club. The likes of AWB, etc.

    Spending 120-150m on one player goes against that, even City don’t do that.

    You don't spend that on a player every summer. If we signed him he could quite easily be here for 10+ years.

    You’ve spent like 880million in the past 5/6 years. You really shouldn’t need to spend that vast of an amount.
  • ViVaWhom
    8291 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    I could see Sancho going to United. Goes against everyone’s “we want to do it with youth!” Policy though.

    No it really doesn't. Not even a little bit. No one said we don't want signings, we want signings that fit a certain criteria - young, hungry players with potential who go onto develop at the club. The likes of AWB, etc.

    Spending 120-150m on one player goes against that, even City don’t do that.

    You don't spend that on a player every summer. If we signed him he could quite easily be here for 10+ years.

    You’ve spent like 880million in the past 5/6 years. You really shouldn’t need to spend that vast of an amount.

    when you have had 4 managers, all with different philosophy's, then it can happen, its just a representation of the board running the club without a plan, its not relevant now
  • El_Nino
    3899 posts National Call-Up
    @TakeItSlow please enlighten me on who you believe from Arsenal is a better player than Firmino?
  • Kman
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 28
    It’s obvious Ole pushed hard for the Sanchez transfer despite our thin depth so support the manager ffs he obviously knows more than we do on the situation...

    I strongly feel if we had a player like Bruno instead of Lingard in that role at the start of the season we’d more than likely be 3/3 atm...it was the biggest mistake of the transfer window not bringing in a creative midfielder and something we HAVE to rectify next window. The only solution I see atm is integrating Gomes into the side. I think our attack is fine, they just need more chances generated for them.
  • wth22
    10507 posts Has That Special Something
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Letting Alexis go is absolute bonkers, I'm all for youth but we already have absolutely no depth and it's literally just starters and kids left now. We're in 4 competitions, including lengthy Europa travels, our youth would have gotten plenty of chances Alexis or not.

    If we suffer 2 injuries in attack we won't even have youth left :D definitely need more bodies.

    But ThE DNa :lol:

    the overreaction was crazy earlier, so careful

    It's crazy how our squad's actually worse than it was last year defense aside. We've let Lukaku, Alexis, Fellaini and Herrera go and only signed a 21 year old with no PL experience as a midfield/attack reinforcement (who is a fantastic signing and prospect but it's a tall ask from James to have him play out of position and start every week for a top team in his first PL season).

    Not calling for us to sign BTEC galacticos like Bale but we could have signed decent mid-range players as depth options as replacements to help bridge the gap between starters and kids. Sort of like (not including City because theirs are ridiculous) Liverpool have Shaqiri and Origi. and Spurs have Lamela and Moura.
  • Apollo
    16231 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »
    Letting Alexis go is absolute bonkers, I'm all for youth but we already have absolutely no depth and it's literally just starters and kids left now. We're in 4 competitions, including lengthy Europa travels, our youth would have gotten plenty of chances Alexis or not.

    If we suffer 2 injuries in attack we won't even have youth left :D definitely need more bodies.

    Alexis is abysmal and signing him epitomised everything wrong with the club in the past few years. He needed to go. Perfectly willing to run the risk of being a bit short numbers wise in attack to get him out. Hope he never plays another game for the club again.
  • wth22
    10507 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Letting Alexis go is absolute bonkers, I'm all for youth but we already have absolutely no depth and it's literally just starters and kids left now. We're in 4 competitions, including lengthy Europa travels, our youth would have gotten plenty of chances Alexis or not.

    If we suffer 2 injuries in attack we won't even have youth left :D definitely need more bodies.

    Alexis is abysmal and signing him epitomised everything wrong with the club in the past few years. He needed to go. Perfectly willing to run the risk of being a bit short numbers wise in attack to get him out. Hope he never plays another game for the club again.

    I don't particularly mind him leaving but to let him and Lukaku leave without replacements is baffling.
  • forearms
    4958 posts Big Money Move
    wth22 wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Letting Alexis go is absolute bonkers, I'm all for youth but we already have absolutely no depth and it's literally just starters and kids left now. We're in 4 competitions, including lengthy Europa travels, our youth would have gotten plenty of chances Alexis or not.

    If we suffer 2 injuries in attack we won't even have youth left :D definitely need more bodies.

    Alexis is abysmal and signing him epitomised everything wrong with the club in the past few years. He needed to go. Perfectly willing to run the risk of being a bit short numbers wise in attack to get him out. Hope he never plays another game for the club again.

    I don't particularly mind him leaving but to let him and Lukaku leave without replacements is baffling.

    I agree that more depth was needed, but Alexis isnt the answer. You can count on him less than Phil Jones.
  • wth22
    10507 posts Has That Special Something
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11795916/zlatan-ibrahimovic-says-if-manchester-united-need-him-he-will-return

    Not sure if Ole's interested or if Zlatan's joking but that would be interesting.
  • Apollo
    16231 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Letting Alexis go is absolute bonkers, I'm all for youth but we already have absolutely no depth and it's literally just starters and kids left now. We're in 4 competitions, including lengthy Europa travels, our youth would have gotten plenty of chances Alexis or not.

    If we suffer 2 injuries in attack we won't even have youth left :D definitely need more bodies.

    Alexis is abysmal and signing him epitomised everything wrong with the club in the past few years. He needed to go. Perfectly willing to run the risk of being a bit short numbers wise in attack to get him out. Hope he never plays another game for the club again.

    I don't particularly mind him leaving but to let him and Lukaku leave without replacements is baffling.

    It's for one season, it's not like we're going to be this thin on numbers every season. We'll get the attacking replacements in next summer, not a fan of getting a player in for the sake of it. Especially with Judge's history of contract negotiations, we'd end up with a stopgap player here for years.

    I wanted us to sign a 10 this past window but given Judge failed to get Ole one I don't want some half measure player in, would rather wait until we can get Ole his targets next summer.
  • Sellish
    9515 posts League Winner
    Alexis is just as injury prone as Phil Jones but Philly is a slightly better player.
  • forearms
    4958 posts Big Money Move
    Sellish wrote: »
    Alexis is just as injury prone as Phil Jones but Philly is a slightly better player.

    Sounds a lot like what I said, and I agree.

    These guys must be forgetting just how often Alexis was unavailable. You cant really call someone "depth" if they arent healthy when needed.
Sign In or Register to comment.