The issue impacting players who are attempting to access FUT via the apps and console should now be resolved.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • Keano
    14839 posts Has That Special Something
    Couchy wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

    Hello young, hungry players getting a chance.

    United. DNA.

    Spot on.

    that is not our DNA, our DNA is to win

    Fergie never relied on youth... he just sprinkled youth around the squad (the way its supposed to be done) because you would be dumb to think you can be successful in these times with just unproven youngsters

    classof0_2891107b.jpg

    Alexis scored 5 goals in 45 matches for us. 1 in 9.

    I think Chong can do that, as much as I doubted him this summer.

    yes i know the class of 92... thats once in a lifetime

    thats my worry, that these kids are being given this chance in HOPE of having another class of 92 rather than it actually being feasible...

    Uniteds DNA of youth wasn’t created by SAF or the class of 92, it goes all the way back to Sir Matt Busby.

    You HOPE anyone you choose to play for United is up to scratch, no different to giving the youth a chance. As it’s already been said, we aren’t winning the league while City are doing what they’re doing. We are building for the future.

    I don't understand how a United fan thinks the whole youth thing was only created since Fergie, that's embarrassing.

  • ViVaWhom
    8383 posts League Winner
    edited August 2019
    Keano wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    He has a point though. You aren’t winning anything just with youth players in this day and age.

    Think it's everything he said combined.

    "You'll never win anything with kids"

    Alan Hansen - we went on to win everything with those kids he was referring too.


    Youth isn't in Uniteds Dna, it is... the Munich Air disaster contained some of Englands finest footballers like Duncan Edwards, Bobby Chalrton etc.... the 1968 European cup win contained a lot of United youth as well.

    1999 obviously as said above, won it, same with 2008 which had a lot of our youth in.

    Our two most succesful periods... Busby Babes & Fergies era were both based on the fact of trusting youth & giving Youth a lot of the chances.

    The whole lot of what he said doesn't make sense if you know your United history, that's why everyones confused & wondering what he's on about.

    what are you talking about... take out the class of 92, who from our youth system did it have in 2008? Brown? we had an attack of Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez

    again, everyone knows these quotes and history, stop posting like you are revealing stuff

    its delusional to think we can be successful with the same tactics from 1960s, Fergie moved on with the times, only bringing through youth that was good enough, making sure the team doesnt rely on them because margin for error nowadays are so tiny

    I would love to live in a fairyland world like some of you
  • Ahmer50x
    20794 posts Club Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    You guys arguing which club is worse is like

    6f67ebeea8aa238320598fd298e785b9.png

    You guys have JUST come out of a 14 year banter era, we are getting through the 6th year of ours and we have still won more in this 6 year period than you have in that 14 period.

    Well done by totally not understanding my point. I'm talking about those stupid daily discussions on here.
    If you ask me there should be one thread where everyone can sh!tpost and stuff, but the club threads should be kept clean. What has even happened to the Premier League lounge?

    Well don’t contribute, or even better, come into the United thread 😂 no one is forcing you to read this.

    Nobody, absolutely nobody, nobody at all.

    @Couchy - Your clubs a banter club nobody else united can never be a banter club we are Manchester United!

    Oh FFS can you just go back to the Arsenal thread for a day or two please rather than this constant stream of **** you're posting in here.

    You should see what he's currently posting in the Liverpool thread :D TAA and Robertson aren't good defensively and we need a 20 goal a season forward, despite the fact we already have 2. Oh, and apparently we are going to struggle this season.

    Putting words in that I didn’t say? I specifically said striker.

    You don't need a 20 goal a season striker if the striker improves everyone else around them. Firmino is extremely important for Liverpool.

    The exact reason why Liverpool will not win the league.

    You come out with the biggest load of crap time and time again, Firmino is one of the best attackers in the world, and better than any player at Arsenal. Debatably Liverpool’s best player, well up there with Salah/VVD.

    Oh dear.

    Ahmer50x not wrong now. When was the last time a bunch of kids/academy grads won big titles? I’d agree with you if all of said youngsters were on the same level of say Sancho, but it just doesn’t work like that when Man City are around.

    I know united fans want it to be, but it’s not going to happen.

    I don't care. I'm done trying to cater to modern football. We tried that under LVG (first season) and Mourinho.

    Now I want us to throw it back to our history. Every successful United team has been very reliant on our academy. Let's go back to that.

    I don't expect my club to win trophies in the next few years. I just want to see the kids developed and entertaining football. I'd rather get knocked out of the group of the Europa with Chong playing every game than get to the final with Alexis.
  • ViVaWhom
    8383 posts League Winner
    Couchy wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

    Hello young, hungry players getting a chance.

    United. DNA.

    Spot on.

    that is not our DNA, our DNA is to win

    Fergie never relied on youth... he just sprinkled youth around the squad (the way its supposed to be done) because you would be dumb to think you can be successful in these times with just unproven youngsters

    classof0_2891107b.jpg

    Alexis scored 5 goals in 45 matches for us. 1 in 9.

    I think Chong can do that, as much as I doubted him this summer.

    yes i know the class of 92... thats once in a lifetime

    thats my worry, that these kids are being given this chance in HOPE of having another class of 92 rather than it actually being feasible...

    Uniteds DNA of youth wasn’t created by SAF or the class of 92, it goes all the way back to Sir Matt Busby.

    You HOPE anyone you choose to play for United is up to scratch, no different to giving the youth a chance. As it’s already been said, we aren’t winning the league while City are doing what they’re doing. We are building for the future.

    never did i say in that post it was... he posted a pic of 92, so i replied to it...
  • TakeItSlow
    8358 posts League Winner
    That is all well and good Ahmer but surely you want united to be back at the top as quick as possible?! You can build a side without wasting hundreds of millions on duds like Sanchez and Lukaku.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Keano wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

    Hello young, hungry players getting a chance.

    United. DNA.

    Spot on.

    that is not our DNA, our DNA is to win

    Fergie never relied on youth... he just sprinkled youth around the squad (the way its supposed to be done) because you would be dumb to think you can be successful in these times with just unproven youngsters

    classof0_2891107b.jpg

    Alexis scored 5 goals in 45 matches for us. 1 in 9.

    I think Chong can do that, as much as I doubted him this summer.

    yes i know the class of 92... thats once in a lifetime

    thats my worry, that these kids are being given this chance in HOPE of having another class of 92 rather than it actually being feasible...

    Uniteds DNA of youth wasn’t created by SAF or the class of 92, it goes all the way back to Sir Matt Busby.

    You HOPE anyone you choose to play for United is up to scratch, no different to giving the youth a chance. As it’s already been said, we aren’t winning the league while City are doing what they’re doing. We are building for the future.

    I don't understand how a United fan thinks the whole youth thing was only created since Fergie, that's embarrassing.

    Agree.

    Kills me to think of how many more trophies the Busby Babes would’ve gone on to win.
  • ViVaWhom
    8383 posts League Winner
    Keano wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

    Hello young, hungry players getting a chance.

    United. DNA.

    Spot on.

    that is not our DNA, our DNA is to win

    Fergie never relied on youth... he just sprinkled youth around the squad (the way its supposed to be done) because you would be dumb to think you can be successful in these times with just unproven youngsters

    classof0_2891107b.jpg

    Alexis scored 5 goals in 45 matches for us. 1 in 9.

    I think Chong can do that, as much as I doubted him this summer.

    yes i know the class of 92... thats once in a lifetime

    thats my worry, that these kids are being given this chance in HOPE of having another class of 92 rather than it actually being feasible...

    Uniteds DNA of youth wasn’t created by SAF or the class of 92, it goes all the way back to Sir Matt Busby.

    You HOPE anyone you choose to play for United is up to scratch, no different to giving the youth a chance. As it’s already been said, we aren’t winning the league while City are doing what they’re doing. We are building for the future.

    I don't understand how a United fan thinks the whole youth thing was only created since Fergie, that's embarrassing.

    who thinks this? so dumb when people introduce THEIR extra elements to a discussion
  • Ahmer50x
    20794 posts Club Captain
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    He has a point though. You aren’t winning anything just with youth players in this day and age.

    Think it's everything he said combined.

    "You'll never win anything with kids"

    Alan Hansen - we went on to win everything with those kids he was referring too.


    Youth isn't in Uniteds Dna, it is... the Munich Air disaster contained some of Englands finest footballers like Duncan Edwards, Bobby Chalrton etc.... the 1968 European cup win contained a lot of United youth as well.

    1999 obviously as said above, won it, same with 2008 which had a lot of our youth in.

    Our two most succesful periods... Busby Babes & Fergies era were both based on the fact of trusting youth & giving Youth a lot of the chances.

    The whole lot of what he said doesn't make sense if you know your United history, that's why everyones confused & wondering what he's on about.

    what are you talking about... take out the class of 92, who from our youth system did it have in 2008? Brown? we had an attack of Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez

    again, everyone knows these quotes and history, stop posting like you are revealing stuff

    its delusional to think we can be successful with the same tactics from 1960s, Fergie moved on with the times, only bringing through youth that was good enough, making sure the team doesnt rely on them because margin for error nowadays are so tiny

    I would love to live in a fairyland world like some of you

    Academy players to start multiple matches all comps in 2007-08:

    Ryan Giggs
    Paul Scholes
    Wes Brown
    Gerard Pique
    John O'Shea
    Jonny Evans
    Darren Fletcher
    Danny Simpson
    Chris Eagles
  • Keano
    14839 posts Has That Special Something
    @ViVaWhom

    This'll be my last post as you clearly know little of Uniteds history the way you're talking & not knowing who we had in 2008 (it's quite easy to look up you know, educate yourself).

    Gary Neville
    Wes Brown
    Giggs,
    Scholes
    Pique
    O'Shea
    Jonny Evans
    Fletcher
    Danny Simpson
    Ben Foster
    Chris Eagles

    All of those featured during that season (Fraizer campbell also but as a sub).

    A lot of the class of 92 was still there with some of the youth we had at the time also, so what youth.... that youth.
  • ViVaWhom
    8383 posts League Winner
    edited August 2019
    Keano wrote: »
    @ViVaWhom

    This'll be my last post as you clearly know little of Uniteds history the way you're talking & not knowing who we had in 2008 (it's quite easy to look up you know, educate yourself).

    Gary Neville
    Wes Brown
    Giggs,
    Scholes
    Pique
    O'Shea
    Jonny Evans
    Fletcher
    Danny Simpson
    Ben Foster
    Chris Eagles

    All of those featured during that season (Fraizer campbell also but as a sub).

    A lot of the class of 92 was still there with some of the youth we had at the time also, so what youth.... that youth.

    "featured" lol how many were important part of the season

    please go away, trying to act mighty, nothing you have said has been a revelation, its just been irrelevant

    i already said Fergie sprinkled the squad with youth (which is what you are pointing out now, as if i didnt know)
  • Pietu
    4626 posts National Call-Up
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    He has a point though. You aren’t winning anything just with youth players in this day and age.

    Nobody other than City or Liverpool is winning the league in the next 2 or 3 years, it's better for United to focus on their young players and build the future around them and add youngish players with potential so that they can challenge for the league after a couple of years.
  • Ahmer50x
    20794 posts Club Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    That is all well and good Ahmer but surely you want united to be back at the top as quick as possible?! You can build a side without wasting hundreds of millions on duds like Sanchez and Lukaku.

    I'm done with shortcuts.

    Pep's Barca team had an academy core, Heynckes' Bayern team had an academy core, Ajax did well with an academy core last year.

    I want us to be like those clubs, not City or Chelsea.

    If it takes 5 years instead of 1, I'm fine with that. At least it'll be sustainable.
  • ViVaWhom
    8383 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    He has a point though. You aren’t winning anything just with youth players in this day and age.

    Think it's everything he said combined.

    "You'll never win anything with kids"

    Alan Hansen - we went on to win everything with those kids he was referring too.


    Youth isn't in Uniteds Dna, it is... the Munich Air disaster contained some of Englands finest footballers like Duncan Edwards, Bobby Chalrton etc.... the 1968 European cup win contained a lot of United youth as well.

    1999 obviously as said above, won it, same with 2008 which had a lot of our youth in.

    Our two most succesful periods... Busby Babes & Fergies era were both based on the fact of trusting youth & giving Youth a lot of the chances.

    The whole lot of what he said doesn't make sense if you know your United history, that's why everyones confused & wondering what he's on about.

    what are you talking about... take out the class of 92, who from our youth system did it have in 2008? Brown? we had an attack of Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez

    again, everyone knows these quotes and history, stop posting like you are revealing stuff

    its delusional to think we can be successful with the same tactics from 1960s, Fergie moved on with the times, only bringing through youth that was good enough, making sure the team doesnt rely on them because margin for error nowadays are so tiny

    I would love to live in a fairyland world like some of you

    Academy players to start multiple matches all comps in 2007-08:

    Ryan Giggs
    Paul Scholes
    Wes Brown
    Gerard Pique
    John O'Shea
    Jonny Evans
    Darren Fletcher
    Danny Simpson
    Chris Eagles

    read reply above
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    Absolutely gutted he's leaving. Just feels like another massive step back to me. Alexis performing at even 75% improves the starting XI immeasurably. Shame he couldn't stay fit during Ole's tenure, as he'd prove himself to be what we all know he is, top class player.
  • Apollo
    17334 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    He has a point though. You aren’t winning anything just with youth players in this day and age.

    Nobody other than City or Liverpool is winning the league in the next 2 or 3 years, it's better for United to focus on their young players and build the future around them and add youngish players with potential so that they can challenge for the league after a couple of years.

    Exactly. And that's precisely what Ole is doing, by bringing our most promising academy players into the first team and bringing in talented young, hungry players like AWB who can continue to develop at the club over the coming years. No doubt in my mind that that will continue next summer with the players we target, we'll be looking at players like Maddison and Sancho. (Whether we get them or not is irrelevant to the point I'm making), we'll continue with the framework that Ole has set out this summer.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Absolutely gutted he's leaving. Just feels like another massive step back to me. Alexis performing at even 75% improves the starting XI immeasurably. Shame he couldn't stay fit during Ole's tenure, as he'd prove himself to be what we all know he is, top class player.

    :D
  • forearms
    5031 posts Big Money Move
    It really is shocking to me that some are inconsolable over Alexis leaving. I dont get it.
  • Keano
    14839 posts Has That Special Something
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    @ViVaWhom

    This'll be my last post as you clearly know little of Uniteds history the way you're talking & not knowing who we had in 2008 (it's quite easy to look up you know, educate yourself).

    Gary Neville
    Wes Brown
    Giggs,
    Scholes
    Pique
    O'Shea
    Jonny Evans
    Fletcher
    Danny Simpson
    Ben Foster
    Chris Eagles

    All of those featured during that season (Fraizer campbell also but as a sub).

    A lot of the class of 92 was still there with some of the youth we had at the time also, so what youth.... that youth.

    "featured" lol how many were important part of the season

    please go away, trying to act mighty, nothing you have said has been a revelation, its just been irrelevant

    Name
    starts - sub appearances
    Gary Neville - 0 & 1
    Wes Brown - 48 & 4
    Giggs, - 33 & 10
    Scholes - 30 & 4
    Pique - 9 & 4
    O'Shea - 17 & 21
    Jonny Evans - 2 & 1
    Fletcher - 11 & 13
    Danny Simpson - 4 & 4
    Ben Foster - 1 & 0
    Chris Eagles - 3 & 3
    Phil Bardsley - 1 & 0

    You seem to be unable to understand, football is a squad game, i'm not acting on my high horse or whatever, i'm simply point out that you know nothing about the club you say you support & that's embarrassing.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    Apollo wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    He has a point though. You aren’t winning anything just with youth players in this day and age.

    Nobody other than City or Liverpool is winning the league in the next 2 or 3 years, it's better for United to focus on their young players and build the future around them and add youngish players with potential so that they can challenge for the league after a couple of years.

    Exactly. And that's precisely what Ole is doing, by bringing our most promising academy players into the first team and bringing in talented young, hungry players like AWB who can continue to develop at the club over the coming years. No doubt in my mind that that will continue next summer with the players we target, we'll be looking at players like Maddison and Sancho. (Whether we get them or not is irrelevant to the point I'm making), we'll continue with the framework that Ole has set out this summer.

    Greenwood is barely getting minutes currently, Gomes & Garner aren't making the squad and Ole chose to buy a £15m Championship winger instead of playing Chong. Who has he actually brought in and given consistent minutes to from the academy that weren't already regulars?
  • Delboy13710
    5635 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    That is all well and good Ahmer but surely you want united to be back at the top as quick as possible?! You can build a side without wasting hundreds of millions on duds like Sanchez and Lukaku.

    I'm done with shortcuts.

    Pep's Barca team had an academy core, Heynckes' Bayern team had an academy core, Ajax did well with an academy core last year.

    I want us to be like those clubs, not City or Chelsea.

    If it takes 5 years instead of 1, I'm fine with that. At least it'll be sustainable.

    Sensible response. Even though my team ain't won nothing that aside I'm so happy with every other aspect of my club . Bring through youth , play attractive football and compete at the very top level all organically living within our means .
    I think Uniteds approach is correct this season whether Ole is the right one to implement it remains to be seen . Not sure I agree with getting rid of Sanchez but got to trust in the manager to do what he wants hes way .
  • Keano
    14839 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    He has a point though. You aren’t winning anything just with youth players in this day and age.

    Nobody other than City or Liverpool is winning the league in the next 2 or 3 years, it's better for United to focus on their young players and build the future around them and add youngish players with potential so that they can challenge for the league after a couple of years.

    Exactly. And that's precisely what Ole is doing, by bringing our most promising academy players into the first team and bringing in talented young, hungry players like AWB who can continue to develop at the club over the coming years. No doubt in my mind that that will continue next summer with the players we target, we'll be looking at players like Maddison and Sancho. (Whether we get them or not is irrelevant to the point I'm making), we'll continue with the framework that Ole has set out this summer.

    Greenwood is barely getting minutes currently, Gomes & Garner aren't making the squad and Ole chose to buy a £15m Championship winger instead of playing Chong. Who has he actually brought in and given consistent minutes to from the academy that weren't already regulars?

    He was in a chase for top 4 last season, to which we missed out slightly... & this season it's about playin gthem in the right games, you don't go... I must play the youth all the time in the first 3 games because someone on the EA forums might say otherwise I don't play youth. It's Gomes, Chong, garner & greenwoods first season at being put into the first team, that takes time... hence why they're training with the first team & have been since Ole arrived, but arn't being played untill he deems them ready, football is a squad game afterall.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    forearms wrote: »
    It really is shocking to me that some are inconsolable over Alexis leaving. I dont get it.

    It's because our options are a Championship winger who plays like a Championship winger, a 26 year old youth prospect, a Ronaldo tribute act without half as much of the talent and a sulky winger turned striker who although is fantastically talented, doesn't show it anywhere often enough... and he's injured!
  • Pietu
    4626 posts National Call-Up
    Apollo wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    He has a point though. You aren’t winning anything just with youth players in this day and age.

    Nobody other than City or Liverpool is winning the league in the next 2 or 3 years, it's better for United to focus on their young players and build the future around them and add youngish players with potential so that they can challenge for the league after a couple of years.

    Exactly. And that's precisely what Ole is doing, by bringing our most promising academy players into the first team and bringing in talented young, hungry players like AWB who can continue to develop at the club over the coming years. No doubt in my mind that that will continue next summer with the players we target, we'll be looking at players like Maddison and Sancho. (Whether we get them or not is irrelevant to the point I'm making), we'll continue with the framework that Ole has set out this summer.

    That is the right path, that will give you longevity, it's the best way to rebuild a team to have longevity and if it works out for you, you can challenge for everything for years to come
  • Ahmer50x
    20794 posts Club Captain
    UCL Final Starting XI Academy Products:

    2019: Winks, Kane, TAA
    2018: Carvajal, TAA
    2017: Carvajal
    2016: Carvajal, Saul, Gabi, Koke, Torres
    2015: Marchisio, Pique, Alba, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi

    Yup, clearly developing youth is a waste of time. Should go buy more failacticos instead.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    He has a point though. You aren’t winning anything just with youth players in this day and age.

    Nobody other than City or Liverpool is winning the league in the next 2 or 3 years, it's better for United to focus on their young players and build the future around them and add youngish players with potential so that they can challenge for the league after a couple of years.

    Exactly. And that's precisely what Ole is doing, by bringing our most promising academy players into the first team and bringing in talented young, hungry players like AWB who can continue to develop at the club over the coming years. No doubt in my mind that that will continue next summer with the players we target, we'll be looking at players like Maddison and Sancho. (Whether we get them or not is irrelevant to the point I'm making), we'll continue with the framework that Ole has set out this summer.

    Greenwood is barely getting minutes currently, Gomes & Garner aren't making the squad and Ole chose to buy a £15m Championship winger instead of playing Chong. Who has he actually brought in and given consistent minutes to from the academy that weren't already regulars?

    You realise Sanchez going helps everyone you just listed right. Even Garner.
  • ViVaWhom
    8383 posts League Winner
    edited August 2019
    Keano wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    @ViVaWhom

    This'll be my last post as you clearly know little of Uniteds history the way you're talking & not knowing who we had in 2008 (it's quite easy to look up you know, educate yourself).

    Gary Neville
    Wes Brown
    Giggs,
    Scholes
    Pique
    O'Shea
    Jonny Evans
    Fletcher
    Danny Simpson
    Ben Foster
    Chris Eagles

    All of those featured during that season (Fraizer campbell also but as a sub).

    A lot of the class of 92 was still there with some of the youth we had at the time also, so what youth.... that youth.

    "featured" lol how many were important part of the season

    please go away, trying to act mighty, nothing you have said has been a revelation, its just been irrelevant

    Name
    starts - sub appearances
    Gary Neville - 0 & 1
    Wes Brown - 48 & 4
    Giggs, - 33 & 10
    Scholes - 30 & 4
    Pique - 9 & 4
    O'Shea - 17 & 21
    Jonny Evans - 2 & 1
    Fletcher - 11 & 13
    Danny Simpson - 4 & 4
    Ben Foster - 1 & 0
    Chris Eagles - 3 & 3
    Phil Bardsley - 1 & 0

    You seem to be unable to understand, football is a squad game, i'm not acting on my high horse or whatever, i'm simply point out that you know nothing about the club you say you support & that's embarrassing.

    @Keano
    and you seem to not be able to comprehend anything i have said... posting about busby babes when the discussion was towards the 92 class...

    regarding this 2008 squad you keep harping about, first i said
    take out the class of 92,
    we are left with

    Wes Brown - 48 & 4
    Pique - 9 & 4
    O'Shea - 17 & 21
    Jonny Evans - 2 & 1
    Fletcher - 11 & 13
    Danny Simpson - 4 & 4
    Ben Foster - 1 & 0
    Chris Eagles - 3 & 3
    Phil Bardsley - 1 & 0

    i think we can all agree, Brown was the only real pivotal part of the team, which is what i said already, with other youth products complimenting the squad, which is what i said already.
    Fergie never relied on youth... he just sprinkled youth around the squad (the way its supposed to be done)

    i dont need to research that season... i lived through it, but you stick to your google

    again, you are just arguing about things you brought/made up
  • Pietu
    4626 posts National Call-Up
    Apollo wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    He has a point though. You aren’t winning anything just with youth players in this day and age.

    Nobody other than City or Liverpool is winning the league in the next 2 or 3 years, it's better for United to focus on their young players and build the future around them and add youngish players with potential so that they can challenge for the league after a couple of years.

    Exactly. And that's precisely what Ole is doing, by bringing our most promising academy players into the first team and bringing in talented young, hungry players like AWB who can continue to develop at the club over the coming years. No doubt in my mind that that will continue next summer with the players we target, we'll be looking at players like Maddison and Sancho. (Whether we get them or not is irrelevant to the point I'm making), we'll continue with the framework that Ole has set out this summer.

    Greenwood is barely getting minutes currently, Gomes & Garner aren't making the squad and Ole chose to buy a £15m Championship winger instead of playing Chong. Who has he actually brought in and given consistent minutes to from the academy that weren't already regulars?

    The season just started ffs, you can't expect him to give them all game time already, long season ahead!
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32453 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 2019
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Sanchez still hasnt had a chance under Ole, he only played under Jose where everyone keeps saying all our players are excluded from criticism under him...

    Pretty sure he played more minutes, had more appearances under OGS last season than Mourinho last season. Failed to impress. His built up quite an injury history over recent years, couldn’t stay healthy, and will likely run into more issues with OGS playing more physically demanding system than what was played the last 2 seasons.

    Like I said yesterday, I was one of the few like you that wanted him to stay for depth purposes but he’s not shown anything to suggest he should be starting or would be playing more than our current set of players. He’s been struggling since he joined and showed no signs of improving. Don’t know how selling a player that was hardly going to have a major impact on the first team barring a miraculous turn around in form...hurts us that much
  • forearms
    5031 posts Big Money Move
    Sanchez is always injured. Hes getting up there in age, so its not going to be getting any better, just worse. He was injured right after coming back from injury for United. He got injured again playing with Chile in the Copa America.
  • Apollo
    17334 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    He has a point though. You aren’t winning anything just with youth players in this day and age.

    Nobody other than City or Liverpool is winning the league in the next 2 or 3 years, it's better for United to focus on their young players and build the future around them and add youngish players with potential so that they can challenge for the league after a couple of years.

    Exactly. And that's precisely what Ole is doing, by bringing our most promising academy players into the first team and bringing in talented young, hungry players like AWB who can continue to develop at the club over the coming years. No doubt in my mind that that will continue next summer with the players we target, we'll be looking at players like Maddison and Sancho. (Whether we get them or not is irrelevant to the point I'm making), we'll continue with the framework that Ole has set out this summer.

    Greenwood is barely getting minutes currently, Gomes & Garner aren't making the squad and Ole chose to buy a £15m Championship winger instead of playing Chong. Who has he actually brought in and given consistent minutes to from the academy that weren't already regulars?

    This is the one time I'll respond to you due to the forum's ignore feature being ****.

    Try using your brain for a moment and you'll see what Ole is trying to do. He took them on the preseason tour, he gave all of them (bar Garner who looks the least ready) a good amount of minutes and the three of them impressed. He's now got them training with the first team this season ready for an introduction to the first team in the right situation.

    We started the season with two tricky games against Chelsea and Wolves. It was perfectly understandable for Ole to not give Greenwood a start in those games, it would be a horrendous way to introduce a player. Greenwood has already been given several small cameos, his involvement will be stepped up as the season progresses and he will have had plenty of starts by the end of the season.

    As for Gomes and Chong, Ole has made it clear that they will get chances in the cups this season in the next couple of months. You can't throw in a bunch of academy players into the team in one go, that would be utterly ridiculous. It's been three games, that's it. All three of them will rightly get chances this season, anyone thinking their involvement so far reflects what will happen this season is a moron.
Sign In or Register to comment.