Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• MarkFromNorwich
    3011 posts National Call-Up
    Pietu wrote: »
    He is just a Sanchez and Jose fan. I don't know if you lot watch Sky Sports on YouTube but he reminds me of this AdvancedEdition dude who on every United video last season said how Jose is the answer and how bar from Alexis there isn't any quality and then once he got sacked he thought you would fall out of top 6 and then went quiet once you actually played better under Ole. Wouldn't surprise me if he was the same dude.

I'm not a Jose fan at all. It made my Christmas when he was sacked. I just don't think Ole is an improvement.
  • Apollo
    14338 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 26
    He is just a Sanchez and Jose fan. I don't know if you lot watch Sky Sports on YouTube but he reminds me of this AdvancedEdition dude who on every United video last season said how Jose is the answer and how bar from Alexis there isn't any quality and then once he got sacked he thought you would fall out of top 6 and then went quiet once you actually played better under Ole. Wouldn't surprise me if he was the same dude.

I'm not a Jose fan at all. It made my Christmas when he was sacked. I just don't think Ole is an improvement.

99% of United fans in here disagree with almost everything you've said, a bunch of rival fans think you're completely wrong as well. The facts and quotes from the club and its players back up our opinions as well regarding the levels of fitness and the effects it had on the squad and their intensity. You think we're all deluded, so why don't you just go back to the XBOX thread rather than continue this farce?
  • Shshj
    4029 posts National Call-Up
    There's not a lot out there right now, we were in the same boat with Lampard.

Poch is the ambitious choice, then you have some like Blanc who's safe but a middle-of-the-road type. After that you have the wildcards, maybe Setién?
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Shshj wrote: »
    This isn't meant as bait, but just out of interest. If Ole was to go now, who would you want United to go for?

Ole should just stay for the season now because no good managers are currently available.

In terms of who I would have, Pochettino is not a bad choice even though I don't think his football is that good to watch. I like Tuchel, I think the football his teams play is pretty good, but he worries me slightly, not the easiest to work with and it really fell apart at Dortmund towards the end at it looks like it might be heading that way at PSG.
    Nagelsmann is interesting too, and if he mounts a real title challenge this season then that would probably be my pick.

I guess the answer is, I don't have an answer?
  • Apollo
    Yes, he got kicked against Liverpool, wasn't aware that this one knock was the reason for the next 3 months of poor form (no mention of him carrying an injury in those next three months).

Oh, and a player praises new manager that consistently plays him, what a surprise! Also, what does fitness have to do with being able to break teams down when you're dominating possession? Why has this problem already shown itself three games into the new season where United struggled to break down low block defences despite the fitness work?

The last two performances are eerily reminiscent of last season's performances, the fitness obviously isn't to blame, so what is?

Yes there were plenty of mentions :D Plus it was clear to see on the pitch as well. He was visibly carrying the knock for ages, was at nowhere near the same intensity. Was repeatedly discussed throughout the remainder of the season that he was playing with an injury.

I'm talking about fitness under Ole and the ability to play the way he wants us to. I haven't referenced breaking down teams here. I've already pointed out the fact that starting Mata or Gomes instead of Lingard would help with that considerably. We're past that. When the squad had the fitness to play the way he wanted to last season when he came in, the results were excellent. When the squad's fitness imploded and the injury problems started, the results were **** because of it.

In the last two performances we lacked creativity, a fact that would have been majorly helped by not having to rely on Lingard for that. That is Ole's fault for picking him. We need a creative player at 10 against teams sat deep, but the difference in style between under Jose, under Ole when the fitness problems started and now is utterly massive. The style is completely different. We just need more creativity at 10 against those sorts of teams and we'll be fine.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Apollo wrote: »

99% of United fans in here disagree with almost everything you've said, a bunch of rival fans think you're completely wrong as well. The facts and quotes from the club and its players back up our opinions as well regarding the levels of fitness and the effects it had on the squad and their intensity. You think we're all deluded, so why don't you just go back to the XBOX thread rather than continue this farce?

And there's United fans in other forums that have similar opinions to mine...
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31696 posts National Team Captain
    Yes, he got kicked against Liverpool, wasn't aware that this one knock was the reason for the next 3 months of poor form (no mention of him carrying an injury in those next three months).

Oh, and a player praises new manager that consistently plays him, what a surprise! Also, what does fitness have to do with being able to break teams down when you're dominating possession? Why has this problem already shown itself three games into the new season where United struggled to break down low block defences despite the fitness work?

The last two performances are eerily reminiscent of last season's performances, the fitness obviously isn't to blame, so what is?

Not sure any fan said the goals or breaking down teams issues were fitness related. It’s pretty obvious that the fitness issues were directed at the pressing and the amount of ground covered by the team...that’s pretty damn clear.

And again on the breaking teams down, we keep coming full circle with this argument...the glaring issue there is Lingard playing at 10, arguably the least creative option there...and we’ve all been criticism of OGS in that department.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Redcafe/twitter?
  • MarkFromNorwich

Redcafe/twitter?

and Youtube and Reddit...
  • Apollo

Good for them. But here, you're banging the drum on the same points, the vast majority of people disagree with you and we're just going round in circles. It's clear you're not going to change your viewpoint, no matter how many different people try and explain an alternative point of view.
  • Apollo

Not sure any fan said the goals or breaking down teams issues were fitness related. It’s pretty obvious that the fitness issues were directed at the pressing and the amount of ground covered by the team...that’s pretty damn clear.

And again on the breaking teams down, we keep coming full circle with this argument...the glaring issue there is Lingard playing at 10, arguably the least creative option there...and we’ve all been criticism of OGS in that department.

Exactly.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Redcafe/twitter?

Definitely explains things. Lots of extreme over the top opinions. But regardless at the end of the day you can go to those same places and find plenty of fans that disagree with you and are on our side of things. Welcome to any normal fan base.
  • MarkFromNorwich

Redcafe/twitter?

Definitely explains things. Lots of extreme over the top opinions. But regardless at the end of the day you can go to those same places and find plenty of fans that disagree with you and are on our side of things. Welcome to any normal fan base.

Yes, my opinion is extreme and over the top, and yours is perfectly reasonable etc etc. Man Utd will get top four and eventually challenge under Ole, the only stumbling block is Lingard at number 10... very reasonable.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

If he can replicate his performance from Saturday, it’ll be ok. With that being said I’ll be shocked if he’s able to string together 2 good performances consecutively.
  • finsfan85
    12221 posts Has That Special Something
    Didn’t Luke Shaw have a small hamstring issue in preseason as well? Could be a result of Ole’s vigorous training. If I remember correctly, Lindelof also had a small muscular issue in preseason.
  • Ahmer50x
    17375 posts World Class
    edited August 27

As to Shaw’s injury, what can you do? Just gonna have to play Young given Dalot is also out and hope Maguire can cover him well enough.

Removed, let's leave it out with the insults please ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Wyojasond
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Didn’t Luke Shaw have a small hamstring issue in preseason as well? Could be a result of Ole’s vigorous training. If I remember correctly, Lindelof also had a small muscular issue in preseason.

^^^This. I’ve been saying all summer that I’m not sold that United have the “athletes” to keep pace with what Ole wants to do.

Still early days, but we’ll see.
  • Apollo
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    As to Shaw’s injury, what can you do? Just gonna have to play Young given Dalot is also out and hope Maguire can cover him well enough.

I really hope he's back for the Arsenal game in just over a month.
  • Ahmer50x
    17375 posts World Class

^^^This. I’ve been saying all summer that I’m not sold that United have the “athletes” to keep pace with what Ole wants to do.

Well, I expect Young to retire next summer.

If Shaw can’t keep fit and do what Ole wants, we can buy a first choice instead of a backup.
  • Tornado31619
    16570 posts World Class
    Young was a decent LB when we came 2nd under José. It was only last season, at RB, that he was poor for us.

He also has a good free kick on him, so maybe we should ask the ref to switch our penalties for free kicks :lol:
  • forearms
    4721 posts National Call-Up

That was a worry for me as well, but it resided with the midfield and forwards. Realistically, we were never going to buy 2 fullbacks this summer though, nor was it necessarily needed.

Any news on Martial?
  • Apollo
    forearms wrote: »

That was a worry for me as well, but it resided with the midfield and forwards. Realistically, we were never going to buy 2 fullbacks this summer though, nor was it necessarily needed.

Any news on Martial?

Not that I've seen. I can't decide if no news is good news or not. :s
  • Ahmer50x
    17375 posts World Class
    Young was a decent LB when we came 2nd under José. It was only last season, at RB, that he was poor for us.

He also has a good free kick on him, so maybe we should ask the ref to switch our penalties for free kicks :lol:

So Rashford can blast them wide? Nah, pass :tongue:
  • Adrian095
    33924 posts National Team Captain

The first time crosses/cutbacks into the box are now void from the Left side.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Any news on Martial?

Very concerning imo. Would’ve come out already if it wasn’t too serious.
  • Ashy
    9568 posts League Winner
    Ashley Young is back on the menu boys!!
  • Apollo
    Ashy wrote: »
    Ashley Young is back on the menu boys!!

XS5LK.gif
  • Apollo
    Couchy wrote: »

Any news on Martial?

Very concerning imo. Would’ve come out already if it wasn’t too serious.

:disappointed:
  • Pietu
    1859 posts Play-Off Hero
    Martial news?