Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Keano
    20433 posts Club Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Shame Retro has disappeared. Would’ve been fun to see him tell you all off about Lindelof 😂

Ugly game so far. Refs have been allowing a more physical game all year though. Close call on the red for Cahill but do think it was close enough to only be a yellow 🤷‍♂️

I'd drop him for Tuanzebe for Southampton if he doesn't improve second half.

Richie is right, both have been poor, so is lindelof gets benched by that logic Smalling for Maguire? Stick with them if youre on about keeping James on for confidence, tye rules cant change for lindelof pal.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35459 posts World Cup Winner
    Apollo wrote: »
    and this is different from Mourinho... how?

Lmao. Poor bait.

Yep. Don't know about you, but it doesn't surprise me either :D

You can literally go back and watch Mourinho’s best season with us, and watch us now and see the clear differences in the play
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain

Lmao. Poor bait.

You can literally go back and watch Mourinho’s best season with us, and watch us now and see the clear differences in the play

100%. There's no comparison, miles different. Even in games like this where we're missing creativity the play is still better than the **** show under Mourinho.
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    Shame Retro has disappeared. Would’ve been fun to see him tell you all off about Lindelof 😂

Ugly game so far. Refs have been allowing a more physical game all year though. Close call on the red for Cahill but do think it was close enough to only be a yellow 🤷‍♂️

Jesus...

We can't have a CB constantly getting targeted and beaten in the air against these smaller sides. It's been a reoccurring thing throughout the start of the season.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up

Lmao. Poor bait.

Defensively it's a little different, you press more often, but offensively not at all.
  • Keano
    20433 posts Club Captain
    Keano wrote: »

Come in here and watch us when we arnt having a poor half pal, instead you like others wait for things to be bad and then jump in. Typical.

Chance creation is poor and has been for months. One good half against Chelsea when they were pushing far too many men forward and you've forgotten the last 3 months of last season?

Ironically you forget the 12? Matches or so before that. Tinted glasses and all that, off you go back to the xbox thread with the rest of the nonsense talkers.
  • Ahmer50x

Richie is right, both have been poor, so is lindelof gets benched by that logic Smalling for Maguire? Stick with them if youre on about keeping James on for confidence, tye rules cant change for lindelof pal.

I am a self-admitted member of academy FC and Axel FC so that's why I'm saying it :tongue:

If you were being objective, I fully admit you keep going with the same back 4 and hope it gels.
  • Teh Zombz
    5341 posts Big Money Move
    bit of an overreaction to lindelof, he's obviously not very good in the air. maguire and awb should know this and cover the runners, all 3 to blame
  • Keano
    20433 posts Club Captain

I am a self-admitted member of academy FC and Axel FC so that's why I'm saying it :tongue:

If you were being objective, I fully admit you keep going with the same back 4 and hope it gels.

I want Tuanzebe to get games to but as i said, you kick lindelof out now... and that could mess up our defence with shaw being out now. Ayew doesnt get as easy ad a chance if Maguire is closer as well, both are at fault, but hopefully second half they come out and do something.... state of this when we all thought it would be 3 or 4 up 😂
  • forearms
    6031 posts Big Money Move
    We can complain again about the defending all we want, but it doesnt make a difference when we are lacking in the final third.

I have very little confidence in scoring when anyone outside Mata takes a free kick.

We get the ball to the open spaces on the wings and take too long to send in crosses. It's too often recycling back when we had an opening for playing the ball in.

It's still hoping for Pogba to play a ball in that seems our best chance at goal. Something needs to change.
  • Teh Zombz

Lmao. Poor bait.

Defensively it's a little different, you press more often, but offensively not at all.

if you're comparing it to a previous manager then lvg would be a better comparison, under jose we would've had about 40% possession with palace creating multiple chances all half
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Jesus...

We can't have a CB constantly getting targeted and beaten in the air against these smaller sides. It's been a reoccurring thing throughout the start of the season.

Tuanzebe isn’t a major improvement in the air over Lindelof. Lol.

Guy gets been once right there and all of a sudden he’s being targeted? That was like the only header he lost.

It’s a complete overreaction to drop him when he’s been good in every other category.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2019
    forearms wrote: »
    We can complain again about the defending all we want, but it doesnt make a difference when we are lacking in the final third.

I have very little confidence in scoring when anyone outside Mata takes a free kick.

We get the ball to the open spaces on the wings and take too long to send in crosses. It's too often recycling back when we had an opening for playing the ball in.

It's still hoping for Pogba to play a ball in that seems our best chance at goal. Something needs to change.

Lingard not playing would be a start. We need more creativity at 10. But Ole needs to get the whole team to move the ball quicker when we're up against teams sat back where space is at a premium like today
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Lmao. Poor bait.

I mean...offensively there’s a clear difference. The final product is struggling due to the hole at the number10 spot ultimately. Which we’ve banged on for months needs to be addressed
  • forearms
    First good run offensively in a while there
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Please make a couple of really early changes Ole, can't afford to leave it late here
  • forearms
    Greenwood!
  • Sellish
    10206 posts Has That Special Something
    Good, we need Greenwood.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Please make a couple of really early changes Ole, can't afford to leave it late here

Greenwood!

Thank ****
  • forearms
    How is that not a pen?!?!?
  • Teh Zombz
    lingard needs to do 1
  • Ahmer50x
    So good from martial
  • Ahmer50x
    That's a pen. He's pulled as he shoots
  • Cyodine
    5852 posts Big Money Move
    Clearly a pen.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    forearms wrote: »
    How is that not a pen?!?!?

Ref is a moron, that's how.
  • Ahmer50x
    Pressy off yesss
  • Keano
    20433 posts Club Captain
    Thats a pen how is VAR not picking these up?!?
  • WryLucky
    6390 posts Big Money Move
    VAR having a mare today.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Lmao. It’s absolute ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that they aren’t giving the pen just because he got the shot off. A foul is still a foul. These refs are jokes.
  • Sellish
    10206 posts Has That Special Something
    Had forgot about how bad Young are