Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    18179 posts World Class
    I know it’s become the norm now but it feels so good to say that I’m gonna state it again:

“Alexis Sanchez, Matteo Darmian, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Marcos Rojo and Fred were not spotted by MEN photographers as the players reported at their pre-match base.”
  • Apollo
    14969 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I know it’s become the norm now but it feels so good to say that I’m gonna state it again:

“Alexis Sanchez, Matteo Darmian, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Marcos Rojo and Fred were not spotted by MEN photographers as the players reported at their pre-match base.”

zC2WyEC.png
  • Keano
    13426 posts Has That Special Something

Darmian - needs to leave, not because he's a player, but he's clearly not been in any managers plans & should've really gone a year ago, if not two.

Sanchez - Hopefully Inter take him

Jones - Doubt anyone will due to wages, unless on loan

Smalling - Happy to keep as 4th choice

Rojo - should've let him go to Everton, silly choice by the Glazers

Fred - Jury still out but clearly Ole doesn't fancy him atm or at all.
  • Ahmer50x
    18179 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »

Darmian - needs to leave, not because he's a player, but he's clearly not been in any managers plans & should've really gone a year ago, if not two.

I agree with you but I think we’ll see Jones and Tuanzebe in the Europa League and Smalling is just injury cover.

Think playing out from the back is so important now that Ole has Smalling down as 5th choice
  • Keano

I agree with you but I think we’ll see Jones and Tuanzebe in the Europa League and Smalling is just injury cover.

Think playing out from the back is so important now that Ole has Smalling down as 5th choice

Aye, which I get to a degree, but Smalling>Jones for me. Smalling is consistent (it may not be 8/10's or 9/10's), where as Jones has picked up majority of his wages from the injury table.
  • Kman
    2915 posts Fans' Favourite
    I hate watching Jones play..never have I seen one player that has such a high chance each game to concede an OG or a pen
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31889 posts National Team Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Comparing Sancho to greenwood after Greenwood has had about 15 minutes of league football?

Never change.

Ironic
  • Sellish
    9181 posts League Winner

If Alexis was as good as Pukki then he would be a starter lol.
  • Ahmer50x
    18179 posts World Class
    Unchanged team.
  • Sellish
    9181 posts League Winner
    Same line up as last time.
  • Ahmer50x
    18179 posts World Class
    Gomes>Andreas>Mata>Lingard but other than that not unhappy
  • Tornado31619
    17000 posts World Class
    No Gomes :cry:
  • Apollo
    14969 posts World Class
    edited August 24
    Disappointed in no Mata, his creativity would have been a big help, and that Greenwood isn't starting, this was the type of game he should be starting. Happy with the rest of the team though

Hopefully we're comfortable at like 60 odd minutes and he can get a decent cameo
  • Teh Zombz
    3812 posts National Call-Up
    that bench is pretty tragic if we need a goal
  • HysxteriA
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    No Gomes is absolutely disgusting. Every week I see the team news I feel like launching my remote at the TV. Lingard a number 10 with 2 assists registered for an entire year. BRILLIANT.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Greenwood best get some good minutes today. Shocking to not have Gomes on the bench though, really bad decision.
  • Ahmer50x
    18179 posts World Class

Anything short of a comfortable win here is unacceptable. That team is Zaha and a bunch of dross.
  • Andy1999
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Lingard has to perform today.

Would have preferred to see mata and greenwood in for James and lingard
  • Keano
    Meh/. Greenwood or Gomes should've started... James for me didn't do enough to warrant starting today over Greenwood (and the dive also would've made me bench him to make him learn). Gomes should've been on the bench if not playing instead of Lingard, hope Jesse can prove us all wrong today, but yeah.., he's the attacking version of Jones/Smalling, you know they'll give it their all but for more than a handful of games each season that's not enough.
  • Ahmer50x
    18179 posts World Class
    Meh/. Greenwood or Gomes should've started... James for me didn't do enough to warrant starting today over Greenwood (and the dive also would've made me bench him to make him learn). Gomes should've been on the bench if not playing instead of Lingard, hope Jesse can prove us all wrong today, but yeah.., he's the attacking version of Jones/Smalling, you know they'll give it their all but for more than a handful of games each season that's not enough.

I think James needs to build his confidence and work on his end product. That's not gonna happen if he doesn't get games so no complaints with him playing personally.

Agree on lingard.
  • Keano

I think James needs to build his confidence and work on his end product. That's not gonna happen if he doesn't get games so no complaints with him playing personally.

Agree on lingard.

Oh nah I get that... but my thing is more... a lot of us felt Greenwood should've got the nod over James last week anyway, James got it... didn't really stand out or do anything, dived & got booked for it... so you build his confidence or teach him a lesson in you don't do that here.

I think the main issue is Greenwood didn't start last week, as if you take James out today it may affect him, but yeah... still feel greenwood should play, hoping he comes on 65 mins or so if we're a couple or so up.
  • Ahmer50x
    18179 posts World Class
    edited August 24

Agree on lingard.

Oh nah I get that... but my thing is more... a lot of us felt Greenwood should've got the nod over James last week anyway, James got it... didn't really stand out or do anything, dived & got booked for it... so you build his confidence or teach him a lesson in you don't do that here.

I think the main issue is Greenwood didn't start last week, as if you take James out today it may affect him, but yeah... still feel greenwood should play, hoping he comes on 65 mins or so if we're a couple or so up.

If you put aside what we want and look only at what Ole says, then the first time I expect to see the kids start is cups. If he doesn't play them then, we can be angry.
  • Keano

Agree on lingard.

If you put aside what we want and look only at what Ole says, then the first time I expect to see the kids start is cups. If he doesn't play them then, we can be angry.

Oh aye, but as has been mentioned plenty, palace should be there for the taking... & James just doesn't have enough in his game atm to start over a Greenwood with the stats & numbers he put away last year.

I'm happy either way as long as we get the win.

If we win we're all happy, if we lose questions like that will arise ( as well as subs coming on to late etc).