Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Keano
    13418 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

His agent is doing the whole... he's wanted elsewhere, so start playing me or i'll be looking to leave.
  • Ahmer50x
    18137 posts World Class

Imagine being upset that the “stars” of the side get critiqued when the team loses.
  • Keano

Imagine being upset that the “stars” of the side get critiqued when the team loses.

Small mentality, if you're not doing well.. for sure people will go for the top players wondering why they arn't playing well & carrying the team, not saying it's right... but you can't expect no criticism. trying to pass the blame off himself & wishing everyone got the blame.
  • forearms
    4808 posts National Call-Up

I think you are missing a word: unjustly
  • Apollo
    14912 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 21

He's just making people resent him even more with his rubbish. His actions and words in the build up to his move have alienated so many of us. Really glad he's gone, he's shown a complete lack of professionalism throughout getting his move.
  • Keano
    forearms wrote: »

Sanchez - paid more than everyone & can't perform to 1/10th of what he did at Arsenal.

Pogba - flashes of brilliance & is class, but turns it on & off when it suits, but fair play to him for sticking around & facing it.

Lukaku - paid & bought for a big fee, can't even control a ball.

Imo the critique is fair, possibly a bit much on Pogba, but otherwise i'd say Lukaku & Sanchez are right to be, Pogba as well but some of it goes to far with him.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31880 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 21
    While I agree that it’s petty on his side to come out with those comments, especially when taking into account his actions this summer. I do agree with him too an extent. There were several times where they had fingers pointed at them despite the entire team playing like garbage and fans expected miracles of those played (I don’t think any fan ever had Sanchez in that category since he’s signed with us though). It’s just easier to blame 1-2 players than it is the whole team.
  • finsfan85
    12396 posts Has That Special Something
    Keano wrote: »

Sanchez - paid more than everyone & can't perform to 1/10th of what he did at Arsenal.

Pogba - flashes of brilliance & is class, but turns it on & off when it suits, but fair play to him for sticking around & facing it.

Imo the critique is fair, possibly a bit much on Pogba, but otherwise i'd say Lukaku & Sanchez are right to be, Pogba as well but some of it goes to far with him.

This criticism of Lukaku was well known when you paid a big fee for him. Can’t blame him for that.
  • Keano
    finsfan85 wrote: »

This criticism of Lukaku was well known when you paid a big fee for him. Can’t blame him for that.

You expect players to pick up the level when they're with better coaches & such.

The point being, you have a big money move, if things arn't going well then the criticism will be aimed at you, that's part & parcel of being a professional sports player. Some can deal with it & come back, they're the top, top players... & some run away or move on, personally I think it shows a weak mentality.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 21

Sanchez, no comment necessary.

Pogba, not going to start the argument over again from the arguments in the early summer but I don’t think his consistency issues are entirely his fault and he always got the full brunt of the blame, often over the top. I’ll leave it at that.

Lukaku, like Pogba, he’s literally the player he was at Everton. So wild to me that so many people seem shocked that he didn’t work out with us. Never fit the system and his composure is very questionable, often leading to terrible touches. It’s tough to blame him when he was the same way at Everton.

Pogba and Shaw were bigger scapegoats under Mourinho than Sanchez and Lukaku were imo
  • forearms

Sanchez, sure.
    Lukaku, to a point, yes.

Pogba, unjustly:
    criticized for everything. He was criticized for giving his jersey to a fan! He is the reason we lose. He is the "virus". He is responsible for being the sole creator, the one responsible for goals from midfield, and needs to be in offense and defense apparently simultaneously.

He is unjustly criticized far too often.
  • Apollo

Sanchez, sure.
    Lukaku, to a point, yes.

Pogba, unjustly:
    criticized for everything. He was criticized for giving his jersey to a fan! He is the reason we lose. He is the "virus". He is responsible for being the sole creator, the one responsible for goals from midfield, and needs to be in offense and defense apparently simultaneously.

Pogba is unjustly criticised too often, I completely agree. People expect him to do everything when no one could live up to the expectations put on him. But Lukaku is using that fact to try and make it about himself as well. Fed up of him now, really glad he's gone.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Apollo wrote: »

Sanchez, sure.
    Lukaku, to a point, yes.

Pogba, unjustly:

Pogba is unjustly criticised too often, I completely agree. People expect him to do everything when no one could live up to the expectations put on him. But Lukaku is using that fact to try and make it about himself as well. Fed up of him now, really glad he's gone.

Yeah he’s been childish all summer.
  • Apollo
  • Ahmer50x
    18137 posts World Class
    I think critiques of Pogba last season were fair for a lack of defensive contribution and for his poor relationship with Mourinho.

This season though he’s been tracking back and grafting so no complaints, despite the pen miss.

Lukaku and Sanchez were paid big and didn’t perform by any measure last year. Simple as.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 21
    Bruno Fernandes alone probably could have been the difference from 4/5th to 3rd. Thought it would be the first position would strengthen just so baffling
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I think critiques of Pogba last season were fair for a lack of defensive contribution and for his poor relationship with Mourinho.

This season though he’s been tracking back and grafting so no complaints, despite the pen miss.

Lukaku and Sanchez were paid big and didn’t perform by any measure last year. Simple as.

Not all of the Pogba criticism last year was fair. No ones saying he doesn’t/didn’t deserve his share, but so often the criticism of him was wayyyy over the top and unnecessary.
  • Keano
    I've already said I agree Pogba does get too much criticism, from me as well. Lukaku actually got a lot of praise untill this summer & the way he acted, for when he's played right wing, the psg game & such since Ole came in, Sanchez as said.. nothing else needed on that.

I get that the squad all played badly, but I think the point/reason why others take it out on Pogba or 1-2 others is that they expect the others arn't as good... for example;

Smalling/Jones/Rojo, we've known they're not good enough for years but just had to accept.

Young - the amount of stick he got was way more than Lukaku ever did... but with Young, we knew it was the managers decision to play a old winger at full back.

mctominay - Young & enthusiastic, but nobody thought he would be good enough to be a regular, he's still inexperienced & yet to prove himself over a season.

Fred - little to no flack really, just the forgotten man.

Martial - some flack for being lazy & not running for the ball

Rashford - flack about consistency, but he's hot/cold with supporters... prob gets let off a lot due to being a Manc.

Lingard - also gets loads of flack but it's accepted we know his ability & it's once again the managers choice to play him.

So the point is, Pogba/Lukaku/Sanchez were meant to be the three top players we had, the rest we know were/are mediocore & not United players... that's it... we expected better from them & that's also on our expectations, you can't expect players to win games alone all the time etc, but yeah... I feel Lukaku is being OTT about this on himself, making out like he was bullied out or something like a victim.
  • Ahmer50x
    18137 posts World Class

Not all of the Pogba criticism last year was fair. No ones saying he doesn’t/didn’t deserve his share, but so often the criticism of him was wayyyy over the top and unnecessary.

I’m only speaking for myself.

There will always be criticism because twitter fans expect a hat trick from every attacking player and an assist every game from the fullbacks. You just have to ignore that lot and think more rationally.
  • Pietu
    2122 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bruno Fernandes alone probably could have been the difference from 4/5th to 3rd. Thought it would be the first position would strengthen just so baffling

Nah don't think that would have been enough for you to get 3rd
  • forearms

☝️ my opinion as well.
  • Apollo

This conversation has been had a million times. We all know we needed a signing at 10 and a DM. Ole wanted both but Judge and Ed let him down by wasting so much time. Dybala and Eriksen fell through, but they left it too late to get an alternative for Ole.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b67959a72a8a534515770d33e36731e58eb36f8d7&rid=giphy.gif

• Sellish
    9176 posts League Winner
    There must be a reason why no one buys Bruno.

I do trust our board with that choice.
  • Keano
    Sellish wrote: »
    There must be a reason why no one buys Bruno.

I do trust our board with that choice.

Oh for sure...

Woodward & Judge can't do more than one transfer a month.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13258 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 21
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Remember when we all wanted Bakayoko. We Dodged an FMJ bullet. :D
  • Keano
    Remember when we all wanted Bakayoko. We Dodged an FMJ bullet. :D

When did we all want Bakayoko?