Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Kellnerr
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Or in other words he got a few IF’s on Fifa a year back 😂

9bef5c1e158dd2252e1d39e74f0505ed.png

Probably the most fun card I've used since playing FUT. This card was too OP in a gold/silver mixed team, someone might call it because of handicap :trollface:

• SDoofus
    5059 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 21
    It's telling that every time a twitter account wants to "show off" AWB, it's always TAA that he's compared to.

Same happens with VVD too. We are incredibly blessed to have these "yardstick" footballers that others try to measure up against.
  • Pietu
    2133 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kellnerr wrote: »

9bef5c1e158dd2252e1d39e74f0505ed.png

Probably the most fun card I've used since playing FUT. This card was too OP in a gold/silver mixed team, someone might call it because of handicap :trollface:

He is GOAT so obviously he is good!
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

In the modern game, I'd much rather have TAA's attacking ability at RB.

Watching AWB against Chelsea and Wolves, he seems really clueless going forward, which is funny because it makes the lack of a quality RW an even bigger issue.

If you want TAA because of his attacking ability, fine. I can understand that because he's excellent at it. But that second comment is laughably wrong. It's an annoyingly common misconception that he's poor at attacking because he really isn't.

Outstanding defensively, solid enough going forward, I'd rather have AWB all day long, but we're both biased.
  • Ahmer50x
    18153 posts World Class
    It's telling that every time a twitter account wants to "show off" AWB, it's always TAA that he's compared to.

Same happens with VVD too. We are incredibly blessed to have these "yardstick" footballers that others try to measure up against.

If you're talking yardstick footballers, then de Gea and Pogba are the "yardsticks" that keepers and midfielders constantly get compared to so I'm sure you cede they're the best in their positions :tongue:
  • SDoofus
    edited August 21

If you're talking yardstick footballers, then de Gea and Pogba are the "yardsticks" that keepers and midfielders constantly get compared to so I'm sure you cede they're the best in their positions :tongue:

Alisson and De Bruyne*
  • Keano
    13425 posts Has That Special Something

That's because people, be it liverpool fans or not rave about how great they are, so comparing our players to yours is more of a... people think their players are good, so how do ours compare.... or potentially it's a... you lot brag about how good they are, so comparing us & seeing them better in aspects is telling about how bias fans can be, be it you lot for saying Trent is better due to attacking or us for saying AWB for defending etc.

I remember when De gea started having his mistakes & people were saying how better Alisson was compared to De gea... so yeah, you're right. ;)
  • El_Nino
    3183 posts National Call-Up

Alisson and De Bruyne*

KDB or Kante depending on midfield style.

100% DDG is the yardstick for GKs to be measured by even if he has been out of it
    For a season.
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class
    edited August 21

Alisson and De Bruyne*

VVD and Robertson are your two players at the level that people want to compare contenders to them. Those two are the best in their positions imo.

You insist on overrating the rest of your players though. I'm not saying they're bad, far from it. Most are still great players but clearly fall short of the level of those two.
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class
    El_Nino wrote: »

Alisson and De Bruyne*

KDB or Kante depending on midfield style.

100% DDG is the yardstick for GKs to be measured by even if he has been out of it
    For a season.

Absolutely.
  • Ahmer50x
    18153 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »

Alisson and De Bruyne*

VVD and Robertson are your two players at the level that people want to compare contenders to them. Those two are the best in their positions imo.

You insist on overrating the rest of your players though. I'm not saying they're bad, far from it. Most are still great players but clearly fall short of the level of those two.

TAA was arguably the best RB in the world coming into this season so I'll give him that too.
  • forearms
    4814 posts National Call-Up
    I have rarely seen comparisons against De Bruyne. I know I've seen Pogba get compared to players almost daily, whether that be today's mids, or players like Gerrard, or Lampard. Unfair, really.
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class

Hopefully they'll agree to take on a bigger proportion of his wages. But if they won't, Ed and Judge should just take the current deal of 50%. Just get him out.
  • SDoofus

Alisson and De Bruyne*

I'm sorry, what?

Our squad is filled with extremely good players at the moment.

Alisson, Robertson, VVD, TAA, Fabinho, Firmino, Salah and Mane.
  • Wyojasond
    11561 posts Has That Special Something

Alisson and De Bruyne*

I’d agree about VVD and Robertson.

Mane is probably top two as LW with Hazard still getting the edge. Firmino is tricky as no one really classifies him a ST, but I can’t think of a better CF in the world. He really defines that role. Messi will always be the best RW, but Salah is easily second with his last few years.

I’d say Fabinho has made a solid claim as CDM too, but wouldn’t say he’s a measuring stick. Alissons year last year (won the golden glove in 3 competitions) easily made him the stick coming into this year, but I’ve always rated De Gea so still have no issue with him being mentioned. Even as bad as last year was.
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class

Alisson and De Bruyne*

I'm sorry, what?

Clearly didn't read the post. I didn't say they're bad. I even said they're great players. :D I was simply saying Robertson and VVD are at a level above the others.
  • SDoofus

Alisson and De Bruyne*

I'm sorry, what?

Clearly didn't read the post. I didn't say they're bad. I even said they're great players. :D I was simply saying Robertson and VVD are at a level above the others.

I'm not really sure what that means? I rate all of those mentioned players on a very similar level... with the exception of maybe VVD, who is a freak of nature.
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class
    edited August 21

Alisson and De Bruyne*

I'm sorry, what?

I'm not really sure what that means? I rate all of those mentioned players on a very similar level... with the exception of maybe VVD, who is a freak of nature.

@Ahmer50x @Keano Someone else want to try explaining it to him about a lot of Liverpool fan's overjudgement of their players? I don't know how else to phrase it. Even if you want to throw TAA into the list Ahmer that's fine, the underlying point I mean. I'm not slating any of those players he mentioned, even called them great players. He's just nitpicking now.
  • SDoofus

Alisson and De Bruyne*

I'm sorry, what?

@Ahmer50x @Keano Someone else want to try explaining it to him about a lot of Liverpool fan's overjudgement of their players? I don't know how else to phrase it. Even if you want to throw TAA into the list Ahmer that's fine, the underlying point I mean. I'm not slating any of those players he mentioned, even called them great players. He's just nitpicking now.

I just don't understand how the likes of Alisson, Fabinho, TAA, Salah, Mane and Firmino can be overrated? They're up there with the best that the PL can offer.
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class
    edited August 21

Alisson and De Bruyne*

I'm sorry, what?

I just don't understand how the likes of Alisson, Fabinho, TAA, Salah, Mane and Firmino can be overrated? They're up there with the best that the PL can offer.

I didn't say they weren't. You've missed the point here completely, seems like you've picked up where you've left off where Liverpool's players are concerned in that regard. From @Wyojasond 's response it's clear he gets the topic being discussed. We're talking about measuring stick's for their positions. Robertson and VVD are. The other's aren't. That doesn't mean they're not great players, they undoubtedly are.
  • Tornado31619
    16962 posts World Class

Alisson and De Bruyne*

I’d agree about VVD and Robertson.

Mane is probably top two as LW with Hazard still getting the edge. Firmino is tricky as no one really classifies him a ST, but I can’t think of a better CF in the world. He really defines that role. Messi will always be the best RW, but Salah is easily second with his last few years.

I’d say Fabinho has made a solid claim as CDM too, but wouldn’t say he’s a measuring stick. Alissons year last year (won the golden glove in 3 competitions) easily made him the stick coming into this year, but I’ve always rated De Gea so still have no issue with him being mentioned. Even as bad as last year was.

Messi is not a RW. Salah is comfortably the world’s best RW.

Salah
    Sterling
    Sancho

Bale is also criminally underrated.
  • Keano

Alisson and De Bruyne*

I'm sorry, what?

I'll try & take it from here if need be @Apollo ... you get ready, because...

giphy.gif

• Tornado31619
    16962 posts World Class
    What Apollo is trying to say is that VVD and Robbo are better in their positions than the others are in theirs.

Think of it as VVD and Robbo being world class, with the others being in the league just below.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain

Lol I actually used to watch games from the 15/16 season.
  • TakeItSlow
    7332 posts Big Money Move
    To be fair why are players even deciding on the pitch? Ole should have the balls to say no Pogba, Rashford is the clubs penalty taker until further notice.

I’m not sure why he doesn’t do that, maybe it is because of Paul’s ego?
  • Keano
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    To be fair why are players even deciding on the pitch? Ole should have the balls to say no Pogba, Rashford is the clubs penalty taker until further notice.

Personally feel it might be something to keep him sweet this season so we can focus on getting into the CL & then he can go, but Ole realises without Pogba our midfield is poor.
  • Sellish
    9179 posts League Winner
    I don't have against having 2-3 players taking penalties.
    As long as they are on similar level.
    Just that Pogba isn't on Martial and Rashford's lvl when it comes to pens plus that they are goalscorers and he is not.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31885 posts National Team Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Who’s to say he’s not already decided that?
    Rashford picked up the ball as if he’s the no1 choice, but then gave it to Pogba to take because ultimately he earned it. That’s not even an uncommon thing to do, happens quite a bit.

It’s like someone said, it wasn’t even a poorly taken PK, it was more a great save. If it had gone in, this thread would be about 2 pages less...