Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • HysxteriA
    3201 posts National Call-Up
    Any team news yet? Really want Gomes to get some minutes
  • Apollo
    14214 posts Has That Special Something
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    Any team news yet? Really want Gomes to get some minutes

    ThickCavernousFlatfish-max-1mb.gif
  • Apollo
    14214 posts Has That Special Something
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    Any team news yet? Really want Gomes to get some minutes

    As much as I would like to see him get minutes at this early stage of the season, I can't see it happening today. I think it'll be Greenwood with a cameo again and Gomes will get his first chance of the season in one of the cup games.
  • Keano
    12741 posts Has That Special Something
    Couchy wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

    The only problem here is they see Everton as a real rival. Good to actually see them turning down money for what they think is the good of the team. Would not expect that!

    except with the loan to obligation to buy... if the Glazers had actually pushed judge/woodward to get a move on we could've got a cm in to sort our midfield & then we would've looked a whole lot stronger... so instead of trying to focus on ourselves & improve us, they've just tried to hinder someone they see as a rival... so although it's good they actually made a decision based on the team, they should've sent him off & bought someone in, in a position we needed filling.
  • El_Nino
    2863 posts Fans' Favourite
    You can win as easily as you’d like just so long as Martial/AWB do nothing
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    El_Nino wrote: »
    You can win as easily as you’d like just so long as Martial/AWB do nothing

    IF we win, can almost guarantee they will have played a big part in it.
  • Apollo
    14214 posts Has That Special Something
    Couchy wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    You can win as easily as you’d like just so long as Martial/AWB do nothing

    IF we win, can almost guarantee they will have played a big part in it.

    Its because of FPL, I have Martial and AWB in my team and I'm his H2H opponent this week ;)
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    edited August 19
    Apollo wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    You can win as easily as you’d like just so long as Martial/AWB do nothing

    IF we win, can almost guarantee they will have played a big part in it.

    Its because of FPL, I have Martial and AWB in my team and I'm his H2H opponent this week ;)

    I gathered that much haha AWB is a walking bonus point. I too have Tony, hoping for another good performance from him.
    Post edited by Couchy on
  • Ahmer50x
    17227 posts World Class
    Expecting the same 11 personally with maybe James in for Pereira
  • wth22
    9700 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Expecting the same 11 personally with maybe James in for Pereira

    Yeah, I'm expecting James or Mata in for Andreas.
  • Apollo
    14214 posts Has That Special Something
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Expecting the same 11 personally with maybe James in for Pereira

    Yeah, I'm expecting James or Mata in for Andreas.

    Only one of Mata or Lingard should be starting today imo. We need width on the right, not someone who will drift inside to where they're strongest in central midfield. So I'd start James instead of Andreas.
  • Ahmer50x
    17227 posts World Class
    edited August 19
    Apollo wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Expecting the same 11 personally with maybe James in for Pereira

    Yeah, I'm expecting James or Mata in for Andreas.

    Only one of Mata or Lingard should be starting today imo. We need width on the right, not someone who will drift inside to where they're strongest in central midfield. So I'd start James instead of Andreas.

    James' best attribute is his pace running in behind. We're not gonna have space to do that against the back 3 collapsing into a back 5.

    I personally think this is a terrible match to play James unless he shows something completely different to what he's done so far.

    I'd go Mata CAM (well I want Gomes but trying to be realistic) and Lingard RW
  • Apollo
    14214 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Expecting the same 11 personally with maybe James in for Pereira

    Yeah, I'm expecting James or Mata in for Andreas.

    Only one of Mata or Lingard should be starting today imo. We need width on the right, not someone who will drift inside to where they're strongest in central midfield. So I'd start James instead of Andreas.

    James' best attribute is his pace running in behind. We're not gonna have space to do that against the back 3 collapsing into a back 5.

    I personally think this is a terrible match to play James unless he shows something completely different to what he's done so far.

    I'd go Mata CAM (well I want Gomes but trying to be realistic) and Lingard RW

    I don't agree personally. I think having him on the pitch can have another positive effect. He'll make their defence stretch to cover him out wide and it'll give our central players more space to work with. Having someone who drifts inside at RW against Wolves will just bring another player into the already packed central areas and make it more difficult. For me I'd play Mata at 10 and James wide.
  • HysxteriA
    3201 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Expecting the same 11 personally with maybe James in for Pereira

    Yeah, I'm expecting James or Mata in for Andreas.

    Only one of Mata or Lingard should be starting today imo. We need width on the right, not someone who will drift inside to where they're strongest in central midfield. So I'd start James instead of Andreas.

    James' best attribute is his pace running in behind. We're not gonna have space to do that against the back 3 collapsing into a back 5.

    I personally think this is a terrible match to play James unless he shows something completely different to what he's done so far.

    I'd go Mata CAM (well I want Gomes but trying to be realistic) and Lingard RW

    This is why I suggested Gomes. Need smart intelligent players here like him and Mata. Hoping lingard and Andreas are on the bench for this one.
  • Ahmer50x
    17227 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Expecting the same 11 personally with maybe James in for Pereira

    Yeah, I'm expecting James or Mata in for Andreas.

    Only one of Mata or Lingard should be starting today imo. We need width on the right, not someone who will drift inside to where they're strongest in central midfield. So I'd start James instead of Andreas.

    James' best attribute is his pace running in behind. We're not gonna have space to do that against the back 3 collapsing into a back 5.

    I personally think this is a terrible match to play James unless he shows something completely different to what he's done so far.

    I'd go Mata CAM (well I want Gomes but trying to be realistic) and Lingard RW

    I don't agree personally. I think having him on the pitch can have another positive effect. He'll make their defence stretch to cover him out wide and it'll give our central players more space to work with. Having someone who drifts inside at RW against Wolves will just bring another player into the already packed central areas and make it more difficult. For me I'd play Mata at 10 and James wide.

    James will literally spend all day getting dispossessed by the LCB if that happens.

    But regardless I can kind of see your point at RW.

    Think this is definitely a Mata or Gomes CAM game rather than a Lingard one though. Need creativity more than pressing.
  • Apollo
    14214 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Expecting the same 11 personally with maybe James in for Pereira

    Yeah, I'm expecting James or Mata in for Andreas.

    Only one of Mata or Lingard should be starting today imo. We need width on the right, not someone who will drift inside to where they're strongest in central midfield. So I'd start James instead of Andreas.

    James' best attribute is his pace running in behind. We're not gonna have space to do that against the back 3 collapsing into a back 5.

    I personally think this is a terrible match to play James unless he shows something completely different to what he's done so far.

    I'd go Mata CAM (well I want Gomes but trying to be realistic) and Lingard RW

    I don't agree personally. I think having him on the pitch can have another positive effect. He'll make their defence stretch to cover him out wide and it'll give our central players more space to work with. Having someone who drifts inside at RW against Wolves will just bring another player into the already packed central areas and make it more difficult. For me I'd play Mata at 10 and James wide.

    James will literally spend all day getting dispossessed by the LCB if that happens.

    But regardless I can kind of see your point at RW.

    Think this is definitely a Mata or Gomes CAM game rather than a Lingard one though. Need creativity more than pressing.

    Yep I think most of us would agree on that. We need the creativity to break down their defence. Lingard doesn't provide that, one of Mata or Gomes need to start at 10.
  • Teh Zombz
    3725 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 19
    he better not start matic tonight and pogba better not do his "cba" cameo role
  • Ahmer50x
    17227 posts World Class
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    he better not start matic tonight and pogba better not do his "cba" cameo role

    I don't think that's even on the table? Surely McTominay and Pogba have those roles locked down.
  • Apollo
    14214 posts Has That Special Something
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    he better not start matic tonight and pogba better not do his "cba" cameo role

    There's no justification for Ole to start Matic anymore other than rotation or injury. Matic's legs have gone, McTominay is our best DM now, and although we have a limited sample size his partnership alongside Pogba in the 4231 has worked well so far. If Ole wants an extra midfielder for a tactical change in a one off game, play Pereira or Fred. Matic should not be starting PL games this year injuries permitting.
  • Cyodine
    1304 posts Professional
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    he better not start matic tonight and pogba better not do his "cba" cameo role

    I don't think that's even on the table? Surely McTominay and Pogba have those roles locked down.

    I heard Matic, Young, and Rojo are getting a start.
  • Keano
    12741 posts Has That Special Something
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    he better not start matic tonight and pogba better not do his "cba" cameo role

    I don't think that's even on the table? Surely McTominay and Pogba have those roles locked down.

    I heard Matic, Young, and Rojo are getting a start.

    along with Lukaku, Di Maria & Sanchez in goal.
  • Ahmer50x
    17227 posts World Class
    Does anybody feel confident we're gonna win today?

    I see a draw personally and I'd be pretty happy with that tbh
  • Teh Zombz
    3725 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    he better not start matic tonight and pogba better not do his "cba" cameo role

    I don't think that's even on the table? Surely McTominay and Pogba have those roles locked down.

    i hope so but the biggest problem against chelsea was how easy they cut through our midfield, ole might want a more defensive minded player in midfield away from home
  • wth22
    9700 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Does anybody feel confident we're gonna win today?

    I see a draw personally and I'd be pretty happy with that tbh

    Yes, I'm expecting a win today - put money on it too. That fixture congestion has to get to Wolves.
  • Cyodine
    1304 posts Professional
    Keano wrote: »
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    he better not start matic tonight and pogba better not do his "cba" cameo role

    I don't think that's even on the table? Surely McTominay and Pogba have those roles locked down.

    I heard Matic, Young, and Rojo are getting a start.

    along with Lukaku, Di Maria & Sanchez in goal.

    The attack of dreams!
  • Apollo
    14214 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Does anybody feel confident we're gonna win today?

    I see a draw personally and I'd be pretty happy with that tbh

    Not confident, no. But if we play well we have a good chance of getting all three points. Would be relatively happy with a draw though tbf.
  • Wyojasond
    11184 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Does anybody feel confident we're gonna win today?

    I see a draw personally and I'd be pretty happy with that tbh

    Personally eager to see how you guys look. Despite the 4-0 waxing of Chelsea there were still plenty of questions.

    I think this game will really show what you guys have. Win comfortably and top 3 discussion should really be on the table (already regret adding Spurs back into my top 4 predictions)

    All for a comfortable Wolves win today though 😂
  • Apollo
    14214 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 19
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    he better not start matic tonight and pogba better not do his "cba" cameo role

    I don't think that's even on the table? Surely McTominay and Pogba have those roles locked down.

    i hope so but the biggest problem against chelsea was how easy they cut through our midfield, ole might want a more defensive minded player in midfield away from home

    We lost our shape too often in the first half, was just opening day nerves. After we went 1-0 up the whole team massively settled down and we were much better.
  • Ahmer50x
    17227 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Does anybody feel confident we're gonna win today?

    I see a draw personally and I'd be pretty happy with that tbh

    Personally eager to see how you guys look. Despite the 4-0 waxing of Chelsea there were still plenty of questions.

    I think this game will really show what you guys have. Win comfortably and top 3 discussion should really be on the table (already regret adding Spurs back into my top 4 predictions)

    All for a comfortable Wolves win today though 😂

    Never get tired of reading that :sunglasses:
Sign In or Register to comment.