Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

A steady and solid back 5 😭 it’s been too long.
  • Ahmer50x
    17258 posts World Class
    edited August 18

Not this again. Ffs let him go.

How’d the idea of renewing Darmian so he wouldn’t go on a free work out?
  • Adrian095
    33912 posts National Team Captain
    Couchy wrote: »

Still think Shaw is vulnerable.
  • Low Ki
    11744 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 19

I agree, according to Lukaku hes slower than Mata.

I think injuries are what have hindered Shaw more than anything.
  • Keano
    12752 posts Has That Special Something
    Low Ki wrote: »

he also was supposedly told to go at a slower rate & his acceleration is what makes him quick... how quick you get to your fastest.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Not this again. Ffs let him go.

How’d the idea of renewing Darmian so he wouldn’t go on a free work out?

Bailly is a far better player than Darmian. This is sensible as long as the wages aren’t outrageous. He is our 4th best CB.

He could use some competition but he’s still a solid defensive player.

I knew this would happen after Lukaku leaked that data, he is not slower than Mata ffs. It was data from a single training session. Not a squad race.
  • Low Ki
    It was a joke. Guess sarcasm is lost on the internet.
  • Pxul_
    7723 posts League Winner

This may be the best chant of the season
  • ViVaWhom
    7882 posts League Winner
    only problem with that is, on TV no one can hear what they are actually chanting apart from the harry maguire part, makes it seem like they are chanting for maguire
  • Pxul_
    7723 posts League Winner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    only problem with that is, on TV no one can hear what they are actually chanting apart from the harry maguire part, makes it seem like they are chanting for maguire

That’s true actually 😂 would seem to everyone not at the game that they miss him already.
  • Low Ki
    What is this obsession with a players junk?
  • Pxul_
    7723 posts League Winner

Having a childish sense of humour doesn’t hurt anyone 😂🤷‍♂️
  • Low Ki
    Pxul_ wrote: »

Having a childish sense of humour doesn’t hurt anyone 😂🤷‍♂️

You've got a funny sense of childish humor.
  • Low Ki
    Played Wolves 3 times last season without winning. A win would be massive.

That's pretty common for most of the top 6. I was always more wary of Wolves than that Chelsea side we faced last week.

Ironically it's the bottom sides Wolves struggle against due to them sitting deep and inviting pressure. Interested to see how Ole decides to fave off against them.
  • Apollo
    14235 posts Has That Special Something
    Match day! It's a tricky game, it should be interesting but hopefully if we play well we can get a result
  • Ahmer50x
    17258 posts World Class
    Played Wolves 3 times last season without winning. A win would be massive.

That's pretty common for most of the top 6. I was always more wary of Wolves than that Chelsea side we faced last week.

Ironically it's the bottom sides Wolves struggle against due to them sitting deep and inviting pressure. Interested to see how Ole decides to fave off against them.

Been saying this is gonna be our toughest game this month for a while.

If we win here, there's no reason we can't take 12 points this month. (though a trip to St. Mary's will be a bit tricky as Liverpool showed)
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

The only problem here is they see Everton as a real rival. Good to actually see them turning down money for what they think is the good of the team. Would not expect that!
  • Apollo
    edited August 19

The only problem here is they see Everton as a real rival. Good to actually see them turning down money for what they think is the good of the team. Would not expect that!

Really? I don't agree with that personally, it's not the only problem. They should not be blocking moves for footballing reasons. They have hired people to make those decisions, I don't like the fact that they're overriding outgoing decisions like that.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »

Really? I don't agree with that personally, it's not the only problem. They should not be blocking moves for footballing reasons. They have hired people to make those decisions, I don't like the fact that they're overriding outgoing decisions like that.

Yeah that’s true. Main point is at least they aren’t selling players for purely economical benefits
  • Sellish
    8966 posts League Winner
    edited August 19

Who have they hired to make those decisions?

Ole isn't the one to make those decisions.
    He have a important voice but he isn't the one to make the decision.
  • Apollo
    Sellish wrote: »

My point is still accurate despite the fact that we still need a DoF/Technical Director. If Ole wanted Rojo gone, he should be gone. Ed clearly gave the go ahead too for the negotiations to get as far as they did. We undoubtedly need a DoF, but the Glazers should not be overriding those we have in place currently.
  • Ahmer50x
    17258 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »

My point is still accurate despite the fact that we still need a DoF/Technical Director. If Ole wanted Rojo gone, he should be gone. Ed clearly gave the go ahead too for the negotiations to get as far as they did. We undoubtedly need a DoF, but the Glazers should not be overriding those we have in place currently.

This. Leave the running of the football club to the professionals.

Even Woodward knows something relative to the Glazers tbh
  • AEsey
    5982 posts Big Money Move
    Still 8hrs, pls hurry up, I'm in need of some football!
  • forearms
    4704 posts National Call-Up

@XxRichiexRichxX this goes back to the conversation we had regarding the owners, and why they are ultimately responsible.

If true, that is an absolute joke.
  • Adrian095
    33912 posts National Team Captain
    Match day! It's a tricky game, it should be interesting but hopefully if we play well we can get a result

Hoping for result and good performance. Midfield is key today.