Comments

• Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Sellish wrote: »
    Love our black third kits.

Yeah they are very nice!
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Running an experiment. We have a good variety of ages and geographical locations on here.

Rank your top 5 United players of all time, note - not just greatest individual seasons or your favourite player. Talking all time, longevity, trophies etc.
  • Ahmer50x
    17103 posts World Class
    Too similar to this one IMO

Bastian-Schweinsteiger-601113.jpg
  • Ahmer50x
    17103 posts World Class
    edited August 16
    Couchy wrote: »
    Running an experiment. We have a good variety of ages and geographical locations on here.

Rank your top 5 United players of all time, note - not just greatest individual seasons or your favourite player. Talking all time, longevity, trophies etc.

1. Ryan Giggs
    2. Bobby Charlton
    3. Denis Law
    4. George Best
    5. Paul Scholes
    6. Wayne Rooney

Was very hard for me to rank 3-5 because I obviously wasn't around back in Law and Best's day so I had to go off of hearsay, youtube clips, and what I've read about them so take that bit with a huge grain of salt.

I also expanded it out to include 6 as Wazza deserved the shout out tbh

I've seen some people shout Ronaldo and Cantona for this kind of list before but for me you're not even eligible if you don't have 10+ years of service.

Also feel like Roy Keane deserves to be up there in the top 10 somewhere
  • Ahmer50x
    17103 posts World Class
    edited August 16
    If I'm ranking top 5 players I can remember seeing, that's a lot easier:

1. Giggs
    2. Scholes
    3. Rooney
    4. Keane
    5. G Neville
  • El_Nino
    2739 posts Fans' Favourite

Not a united fan but I’ve watched an awful lot of them over the last two decades so as outsider looking in:

1.Rooney
    Giggs
    Scholes
    2.Keane
    3.Neville

Mirrors @Ahmer50x for the players he’s seen play.

My one distinction is I rate Rooney higher, for me debatably the most under appreciated footballer I’ve ever known.

• Ahmer50x
    17103 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »

"Alexis might end up playing a lot more games than you expect" -OGS

giphy.gif
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

1. Ryan Giggs
    2. Bobby Charlton
    3. Denis Law
    4. George Best
    5. Paul Scholes
    6. Wayne Rooney

Was very hard for me to rank 3-5 because I obviously wasn't around back in Law and Best's day so I had to go off of hearsay, youtube clips, and what I've read about them so take that bit with a huge grain of salt.

I also expanded it out to include 6 as Wazza deserved the shout out tbh

I've seen some people shout Ronaldo and Cantona for this kind of list before but for me you're not even eligible if you don't have 10+ years of service.

Also feel like Roy Keane deserves to be up there in the top 10 somewhere

Interestingly the same top 6 as me but I have a different order.

1 Sir Bobby
    2 Best
    3 Scholes
    4 Giggs
    5 Rooney
    6 Law

Very much the same requirements for me too, longevity plays a massive part.
  • Kellnerr
    2464 posts Fans' Favourite
    No love for Beckham? :cry:
  • Pxul_
    7680 posts League Winner
    Rooney is bare overrated
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    edited August 16
    Kellnerr wrote: »

Beckham is my favourite player of all time (met him this summer!) but he’s around the 8-12 mark for me, had he not been forced out then no doubt he’d be up there with Giggs and Scholes.
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Rooney is bare overrated

Oh boy... top goal scorer of all time for the biggest club in England and the national team AND he wasn’t a pure goalscorer. Rooney is one of the most underrated players of all time.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31652 posts National Team Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Too similar to this one IMO

Bastian-Schweinsteiger-601113.jpg

I honestly liked that kit tbh. I have that one in my closet.
    Rooney is bare overrated

Yikes
  • HysxteriA
    3201 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 16

Beckham is my favourite player of all time (met him this summer!) but he’s around the 8-12 mark for me, had he not been forced out then no doubt he’d be up there with Giggs and Scholes.
    Rooney is bare overrated

Oh boy... top goal scorer of all time for the biggest club in England and the national team AND he wasn’t a pure goalscorer. Rooney is one of the most underrated players of all time.

I actually disagree I think he was a true goalscorer. He did anything Fergie ever asked of him for the benefit of the team, he played in all sorts of roles during his time. Had he been used as an out an out striker it bet my house on it he would have had Shearer's record. Immensely underrated.
  • Pxul_
    7680 posts League Winner

Rooney is bare overrated

Nah Rooney is clapped and possibly the worst player for England in actual competitions. Can only turn up in friendlies and peaked at a young age.

Dead player :)
  • forearms
    4668 posts National Call-Up

Try doing a top 5 since LvG took over. Outside DDG, that would be a rough list in all honesty.
  • wth22
    9693 posts League Winner

Rooney is bare overrated

Nah Rooney is clapped and possibly the worst player for England in actual competitions. Can only turn up in friendlies and peaked at a young age.

All time highest goalscorer for one of the biggest club in the world and one of the biggest countries in the world, second in the biggest league in the world, jesus how overrated :lol:

I think why Rooney is criminally underrated because people compare what he was to what he could have been, if you just see what he was in a vacuum, he is undeniably one of the legends of the game.

Perhaps also why Lampard, Gerrard and the other "Golden Generation" don't get half as much stick as Rooney for their no shows internationally, he wasn't the only underperformer.
  • wth22
    9693 posts League Winner
    forearms wrote: »

Try doing a top 5 since LvG took over. Outside DDG, that would be a rough list in all honesty.

Herrera/Rashford/Martial/Pogba/Shaw in some order, too hard to call what :lol:
  • wth22
    9693 posts League Winner
    HysxteriA wrote: »

Rooney is bare overrated

I actually disagree I think he was a true goalscorer. He did anything Fergie ever asked of him for the benefit of the team, he played in all sorts of roles during his time. Had he been used as an out an out striker it bet my house on it he would have had Shearer's record. Immensely underrated.

He might have even broken Shearer's record if he just stayed in the PL longer. Even for Everton he was their top scorer in his last season there before going to DC United and can perhaps still make an impact post MLS return a la Defoe if Derby come up.

He's younger than Ronaldo, still not very old by usual standards, has 3-4 years left in him in deeper positions and can rack up penalties.
  • Pxul_
    7680 posts League Winner

Rooney is bare overrated

All time highest goalscorer for one of the biggest club in the world and one of the biggest countries in the world, second in the biggest league in the world, jesus how overrated :lol:

I think why Rooney is criminally underrated because people compare what he was to what he could have been, if you just see what he was in a vacuum, he is undeniably one of the legends of the game.

Perhaps also why Lampard, Gerrard and the other "Golden Generation" don't get half as much stick as Rooney for their no shows internationally, he wasn't the only underperformer.

Man united are a dead team and England are a dead team as well.
  • Apollo
    14109 posts Has That Special Something

Rooney is bare overrated

Slow day at work? :joy:
  • wth22
    9693 posts League Winner

Rooney is bare overrated

Compelling argument.
  • forearms

You excluding De Gea, or 5 apart from DDG?
  • wth22
    9693 posts League Winner

Apart from, of course, daylight separates them and Dave
  • Pxul_
    7680 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »

Rooney is bare overrated

Slow day at work? :joy:

Very much so 😂 still don't rate rooney tho
  • forearms

Apart from, of course, daylight separates them and Dave

👍
  • Sellish
    8855 posts League Winner
    edited August 16

Rooney is bare overrated

Thought about this aswell.
    He had the potential to be Messi/Ronaldo good.

But he was still an amazing player.
    A lot of Ronaldo's success here was because of Rooney's work aswell.
  • Teh Zombz
    3722 posts National Call-Up
    rooney was incredible, his later seasons seem to make people forget how good he was
  • Keano
    12648 posts Has That Special Something
    fans can be fickle & Rooney peaked very early, which meant that due to his decline coming earlier, he was judged/remembered a lot more for that than the prime in which him & Ronaldo tore it up & even after Ronaldo left, Rooney helped carry us to titles whilst a lot of our squad was starting to get the wrong side of 30 etc.
  • wth22
    9693 posts League Winner
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    rooney was incredible, his later seasons seem to make people forget how good he was

Even under Moyes he was incredible, 17 goals and 10 assists in 28 games in that **** show :D