Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    31671 posts National Team Captain
    Couchy wrote: »

His FUT card best have at least 95 pace

He either won’t because it’ll be sacrificed for the card overall. Or he will and other stats will be sacrificed.
  • Keano
    12752 posts Has That Special Something

He either won’t because it’ll be sacrificed for the card overall. Or he will and other stats will be sacrificed.

This.

They'll either downplay his pace to an 85 or so, or they'll make his dribbling, crossing, passing etc worse to compensate so he's not a lower rated OP card etc.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Bit off topic but remember when a lot of people thought Zidane was the saviour :lol:

They’ve been so poor this pre season , Rodriguez is now off the market and I’ll think Zidane will end up gone by Christmas tbh, just shows how much of an impact Ronaldo had at Madrid.

A year ago I was calling for Blanc. Really happy with the progress made in the last 12 months personally. Just need more of it.

Yeah I was on the Blanc train as well as far as available managers.
  • El_Nino
    2892 posts Fans' Favourite

I mean other than mid 90s pace and 80s dribbling what desirable stats does he have? 60s shooting with 70s passing hardly makes him incredible
  • RayS
    25311 posts Player of the Year

There's actually a good number of Bronzes out there with 90+ pace, so no need for them to downgrade his pace to compensate for an overall rating.

Also:
    RayS wrote: »

His H2H stats are updated to 93 acceleration and 90 sprint speed. His FUT20 card should be around this if not slightly higher

https://sofifa.com/player/232104/daniel-james/19/159523

• XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 15

There's actually a good number of Bronzes out there with 90+ pace, so no need for them to downgrade his pace to compensate for an overall rating.

Also:

His H2H stats are updated to 93 acceleration and 90 sprint speed. His FUT20 card should be around this if not slightly higher

https://sofifa.com/player/232104/daniel-james/19/159523

Yeah not denying that. But I’m just saying typically when they do that, they sacrifice the other stats and make the card basically unusable. I’m expecting him to be a high silver and silvers have been mostly unusable for the last couple of years
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    It’ll all be for naught anyway. Pace is even less of a factor on 20 than 19.

Just hope Greenwood and/or Gomes get a future stars card, will be all over that.
  • Ahmer50x
    17258 posts World Class
    It’ll all be for naught anyway. Pace is even less of a factor on 20 than 19.

Just hope Greenwood and/or Gomes get a future stars card, will be all over that.

This is good news.

More realistic intricate passing is the way forward, not pace abuse.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Pace wasn’t even a major factor in 19.
  • Keano

Who needs pace when you can first time shot, lacroquetta round everyone & el tornado amirite? :trollface:
  • Ahmer50x
    17258 posts World Class
    edited August 15
    My problem with 19 lately has just been De Gea palming everything to the opposition for a tap in and also the fact that any attempt to challenge someone in the box is basically a pen.

Would also take the overall speed of the game itself down 10% or so.

Should be a lot more 0-0s than there are.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 15
    Keano wrote: »

Who needs pace when you can first time shot, lacroquetta round everyone & el tornado amirite? :trollface:

Yeah. 19 is truly awful. Earliest I’ve quit playing a FIFA, back in Feb. I’ve never been so demotivated to play a new FIFA. I got the Beta invite, downloaded the game, and still haven’t even loaded it up. Just have no faith as long as they are on this engine. I’ll try out the early access, but not holding my breath on the game being enjoyable. If it’s remotely like 19 I’ll be skipping. Game feels too much a chore to play, just too much BS with the broken mechanics, especially in the tackling.
  • Keano
    I get you, didn't get an invite, but never have so wasn't fussed.. will just see what people say when they actually allow stuff to be said.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 15
    I get you, didn't get an invite, but never have so wasn't fussed.. will just see what people say when they actually allow stuff to be said.

I’ve got the last 4 and typically it’s all I’ll play throughout the duration, but not this year. Ha.

Trust you’re not missing too much. Beta vs final build is always different. I quite enjoyed the beta last year, but immediately on the first or second day of the trial I absolutely hated it and said several times it was the worst FIFA they’ve released lol. So much about the gameplay just felt so bad/wrong. I truly regret buying it. But I played it anyways. I quit as soon as they announced Prime Moments. That was a big slap in the face lol.

Content wise, probably the best year. Gameplay was the worst
  • Keano
    edited August 15

I’ve got the last 4 and typically it’s all I’ll play throughout the duration, but not this year. Ha.

Trust you’re not missing too much. Beta vs final build is always different. I quite enjoyed the beta last year, but immediately on the first or second day of the trial I absolutely hated it and said several times it was the worst FIFA they’ve released lol. So much about the gameplay just felt so bad/wrong. I truly regret buying it.

Yeah I get you, fifa is genuinely the angriest I get... & it's weekends, so my only chill time is when watching the footy or at work (somehow). Makes me into a different person haha.

~~~~

Genuine question as in the Xbox football section they've mentioned it.

Winning last nights super cup supposedly makes Liverpool on their perch again, but for me if you add the super cup... you add the domestic version (community shield), surely?

Winner of CL vs winner of Europa

Winner of highest league in england - winner of fa cup (or 2nd place if the winner wins both).

Personally for me they either both count, or both don't. You can't have one without the other for agenda's sake... but just wondered how others thought of it.

They've included the super cup in the statement on the Xbox section, but obviously left out the community shield (ironic) to then say Liverpool hold the most accolades again (that's why I ask, as they've included one but not the other).
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Trust you’re not missing too much. Beta vs final build is always different. I quite enjoyed the beta last year, but immediately on the first or second day of the trial I absolutely hated it and said several times it was the worst FIFA they’ve released lol. So much about the gameplay just felt so bad/wrong. I truly regret buying it.

Yeah I get you, fifa is genuinely the angriest I get... & it's weekends, so my only chill time is when watching the footy or at work (somehow). Makes me into a different person haha.

~~~~

Winning last nights super cup supposedly makes Liverpool on their perch again, but for me if you add the super cup... you add the domestic version (community shield), surely?

Winner of highest league in england - winner of fa cup (or 2nd place if the winner wins both).

Personally for me they either both count, or both don't. You can't have one without the other for agenda's sake... but just wondered how others thought of it.

They've included the super cup in the statement on the Xbox section, but obviously left out the community shield (ironic) to then say Liverpool hold the most accolades again (that's why I ask, as they've included one but not the other).

Oh it makes me very irritable. I don’t care about losing whenever I do, but the gameplay drives me crazy. It’s the only game I’ve played where even when I’m winning it feels like I’m losing
  • Keano

~~~~

Oh it makes me very irritable. I don’t care about losing whenever I do, but the gameplay drives me crazy. It’s the only game I’ve played where even when I’m winning it feels like I’m losing

I know that one 😂
  • forearms
    4704 posts National Call-Up
    I'm glad I never bought 19. I am planning on loading up 17 tonight just to see what it plays like again. I know I have an untradeable TOTS Ronaldo I packed in the league upgrades that year. I imagine I will regret it right after I load it up though 😂
  • Pxul_
    7723 posts League Winner
    Making Mctominay your captain would be the same thing as us making Henderson captain, a big mistake.
  • Keano
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Making Mctominay your captain would be the same thing as us making Henderson captain, a big mistake.

That is what we lack at the moment, personally i'd have him as vice captain at most due to lack of experience etc, as you have De Gea, Lindelof, Maguire, Pogba who all could've potentially been captained.

We lack players that fight for the club, the shirt, badge, fans etc & have that mentality that mctominay has (superb & never stops trying regardless of ability). That's why a few say him for one of them roles, because of the attitude, desire etc which a lot of players lacked when under Jose, LVG etc... nobody wants a captain that drops their head.

Henderson might be seen in your eyes as a bad captain, but you've still won a European cup with him as that.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    DDG, Maguire, and Lindelof should all be captain before McT.

McT can be a leader and fight for the team regardless of the band
  • Ahmer50x
    17258 posts World Class

Think being an academy player and British gives him an edge with some (including me)

Maguire needs to be here for a bit before he can be discussed.
  • Keano
    For me it'd be... De Gea/Lindelof as first/second picks, then Mctominay due to attitude.

Maguire would be with De Gea/Lindelof if he'd been here beforehand... Pogba I wouldn't touch with it & the rest of the squad are just no.
  • Pxul_
    7723 posts League Winner
    You’ll regret it if McT is given captaincy. He’s destined to be a Henderson/Milner type of player. Someone that’s there to make up the numbers but gets started because he’s the captain.

Might sound harsh given his age but I seriously doubt he’ll become above average.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Think being an academy player and British gives him an edge with some (including me)

Maguire needs to be here for a bit before he can be discussed.

I agree about Maguire, he’d be the last of the three I mentioned.

For me, there’s still questions of how good Mctominay can be. Sure his attitude is great, and he’s an academy player...but I feel he could very easily get replaced for someone better in the next window barring a huge improvement overall and consistency.
  • Wyojasond
    11209 posts Has That Special Something

~~~~

Personally I don’t count either one, but after the chat yesterday, people seem to rate it higher than the charity shield.

I don’t see the point of either one honestly 😂 SuperCup is kind of a test run for the CL final to make sure they can handle everything but still a preseason game to me 🤷‍♂️
  • Pxul_
    7723 posts League Winner
    Supercup rated slightly higher than the community shield.

Both just glorified friendlies tbh
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Actually forgot just how bad some of these were
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 15
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    You’ll regret it if McT is given captaincy. He’s destined to be a Henderson/Milner type of player. Someone that’s there to make up the numbers but gets started because he’s the captain.

Might sound harsh given his age but I seriously doubt he’ll become above average.

I agree. It’s far too early to give him captaincy, at least not until we see what levels he can reach. There’s still a lot of questions about his ceiling.

As I said, guy can have the right attitude, lead, and fight for the club without the captains band. We’ve got others that check all of those boxes that are more worthy.

I understand the significance of being an academy player, but that isn’t enough to give him much of an edge imo. More important characteristics to being a captain imo. Academy product should just be a bonus.
  • Sellish
    8966 posts League Winner
    Love our black third kits.