Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• TakeItSlow
    7190 posts Big Money Move
    Couchy wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Not saying anything about Pepe until he’s made 10+ performances in a brand new league.

@Couchy he was an elite talent in ligue 1, but as we all know that doesn’t mean a thing when coming to this league.

My opinion of Rashford will not change until he does something to change it. Not elite in my eyes and never proved it end of.

Na I’m not having that. I’m sure you’ve watched enough YouTube compilations to form an opinion on him by now.

You have an opinion on anything United related so grow a pair and tell me what you think he will contribute this year?

And FYI, 21 year old ‘non elite talent’ Rashford has scored 7 more goals in his career than 24 year old ‘Ligue 1 elite talent’ Pepe. One plays in the hardest league in the world, one plays in a farmers league.

Hope this helps.

Pepe has only just come onto the seen. Rashford has been playing in the prem for a few years.

You can’t compare the two, Rashford for me isn’t an elite talent. If you’re gonna argue there’s absolutely no point, it’s my opinion only Rashford can change that. Thanks.
  • Pxul_
    7756 posts League Winner
    This thread is so hostile recently. I feel like @SDoofus could really calm you guys down. I know how much you miss him😂
  • Retro_G
    28254 posts Player of the Year
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    <3 Everyone who thought Maguire was an awful signing are going to look stupid come the end of the season, if he can keep this form going.

Who thought he was an awful signing!? :smiley:

@XxRichiexRichxX has been moaning about Maguire for weeks, saying he was no better than Smalling. A few others weren't keen on his signing.

I think @Sellish was just as negative. Might have said he’d rather no CB signing than Maguire for 80m?

Correct mate.
  • Pietu
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pietu wrote: »
    <3 Everyone who thought Maguire was an awful signing are going to look stupid come the end of the season, if he can keep this form going.

Who thought he was an awful signing!? :smiley:

Ffs he’s had one game for you, you need to actually stop.
    Not saying anything about Pepe until he’s made 10+ performances in a brand new league.

Couchy he was an elite talent in ligue 1, but as we all know that doesn’t mean a thing when coming to this league.

You really are a hypocrite, you said Ndombele wasn't worth it AFTET 1 MATCH and now when United fans are getting gassed about Maguire after 1 match you go against your word and say it's only 1 match and then you go and say that Pepe needs atleast 10+ performances before you say anything about him even though as soon as Ndombele did something bad in his FIRST MATCH you went and said he isn't worth it. Grade A hypocrite

@Couchy He is a hypocrite, says one thing about one player and then all of a sudden the same thing doesn't apply to some other player
  • TakeItSlow
    edited August 13
    @Pietu that was a joke, if you can’t sense sarcasm then ignore me. Thanks. Ndombele is quite obviously a top talent.
  • Keano
    12904 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 13
    Welcome back @Couchy i'm sure it'll be fun with the state this thread gets in seeing you get involved :trollface:

Let's face it, any fan of the club the player is at will be bias towards them, any other fan won't be & will be bias the other way. You can't judge a player on 1 game in a league, he can show signs of being amazing, but if the consistency isn't there, then he'll be an average player/squad player. Reason Maguire/Pepe are different is Maguire has played in the Prem at Hull & Leicester beforehand.... Pepe hasn't. Not to say maguire won't flop in a diferent system/team, but there is evidence of how he handles the league/players in that league & such.

Rashford isn't an elite talent off of what basis? Sure his dribbling isn't on Martials level, but at the same time he's 21... has more goals than some great strikers at his age & is leading the line (along with Martial) but United, a lot of other 21 year olds who're considered to be great for the future are still in their u23s or on the bench 80% of the time.

Rashfords consistency is an issue at times, but the end of last season he was playing game after game with a knock, that's why i won't judge him on that... anyone else tried playing on when you're injured & mentally you know you are? it's awful.

Either way I hope Rashford & Martial both do well, they're both elite in their own right, Martial has what Rashford doesn't & vise versa, it could be a great partnership if they can link up properly.

[email protected] Where is the comment about Ndombele (I remember seeing it but cba to find it as i'm about to leave)... if there is any context to it that shows it being a joke, then it's a joke, otherwise it's not. Internet language 101.
  • Pietu
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pietu that was a joke, if you can’t sense sarcasm then ignore me. Thanks. Ndombele is quite obviously a top talent.

Well it didn't seem like a joke
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

@Couchy he was an elite talent in ligue 1, but as we all know that doesn’t mean a thing when coming to this league.

My opinion of Rashford will not change until he does something to change it. Not elite in my eyes and never proved it end of.

Na I’m not having that. I’m sure you’ve watched enough YouTube compilations to form an opinion on him by now.

You have an opinion on anything United related so grow a pair and tell me what you think he will contribute this year?

And FYI, 21 year old ‘non elite talent’ Rashford has scored 7 more goals in his career than 24 year old ‘Ligue 1 elite talent’ Pepe. One plays in the hardest league in the world, one plays in a farmers league.

Hope this helps.

Pepe has only just come onto the seen. Rashford has been playing in the prem for a few years.

You can’t compare the two, Rashford for me isn’t an elite talent. If you’re gonna argue there’s absolutely no point, it’s my opinion only Rashford can change that. Thanks.

Your absolute reluctance to put your money where your mouth is regarding Pepe speaks volumes :joy:
  • Apollo
    14392 posts Has That Special Something
    tenor.gif?itemid=4767827
  • TakeItSlow
    edited August 13
    Keano wrote: »
    Welcome back @Couchy i'm sure it'll be fun with the state this thread gets in seeing you get involved :trollface:

Let's face it, any fan of the club the player is at will be bias towards them, any other fan won't be & will be bias the other way. You can't judge a player on 1 game in a league, he can show signs of being amazing, but if the consistency isn't there, then he'll be an average player/squad player. Reason Maguire/Pepe are different is Maguire has played in the Prem at Hull & Leicester beforehand.... Pepe hasn't. Not to say maguire won't flop in a diferent system/team, but there is evidence of how he handles the league/players in that league & such.

Rashford isn't an elite talent off of what basis? Sure his dribbling isn't on Martials level, but at the same time he's 21... has more goals than some great strikers at his age & is leading the line (along with Martial) but United, a lot of other 21 year olds who're considered to be great for the future are still in their u23s or on the bench 80% of the time.

Rashfords consistency is an issue at times, but the end of last season he was playing game after game with a knock, that's why i won't judge him on that... anyone else tried playing on when you're injured & mentally you know you are? it's awful.

Either way I hope Rashford & Martial both do well, they're both elite in their own right, Martial has what Rashford doesn't & vise versa, it could be a great partnership if they can link up properly.

Put so many points across so well.

A question for you, does Rashford get in a league winning side at City or Liverpool? Absolutely not. Which is my point, for me to be truly elite you’re in that upper bracket of players who are helping teams win titles. Look at Sterling for example.

Rashford in my opinion will never be striker who wins you a title, think about RVP for example. Literally elite at everything, Rashford has inconsistent finishing, doesn’t head the ball and I don’t particularly rate his dribbling.

That’s why I don’t think he’ll ever be elite, for me Martial has all the tools to become elite as a number 9.

It’s bizarre people think I’m just bashing united players when I’m singing Martial and Greenwood’s praises :lol: jeeez.
  • Pietu
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero

A question for you, does Rashford get in a league winning side at City or Liverpool? Absolutely not. Which is my point, for me to be truly elite you’re in that upper bracket of players who are helping teams win titles. Look at Sterling for example.

Rashford in my opinion will never be striker who wins you a title, think about RVP for example. Literally elite at everything, Rashford has inconsistent finishing, doesn’t head the ball and I don’t particularly rate his dribbling.

That’s why I don’t think he’ll ever be elite, for me Martial has all the tools to become elite as a number 9.

Well Pepe doesn't get into our starting 11 either so he isn't considered an elite talent then, both would get into our bench tho
  • TakeItSlow

Well Pepe doesn't get into our starting 11 either so he isn't considered an elite talent then, both would get into our bench tho

Literally said Pepe isn’t an elite talent until he actually proves himself in the premier league...
  • Ahmer50x
    17454 posts World Class

Literally said Pepe isn’t an elite talent until he actually proves himself in the premier league...
    Salah came in and bagged 32. 15-25 isn’t out of the ordinary for such a player.

Salah came from Serie A, a far more challenging league.

Lacazette went from 28, 21, and 27 in his last 3 years at Lyon to 14 and 13 in the Prem.

Are you suggesting Pepe will do better than Laca?

I’m not suggesting Pepe will do better than Laca, I’m telling you Pepe will do better than Laca.

Okay pal.
  • Pietu
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero

Tbf you can be an elite talent and not get into Citys or our starting 11, for example Joao Felix
  • Keano
    12904 posts Has That Special Something

It’s bizarre people think I’m just bashing united players when I’m singing Martial and Greenwood’s praises :lol: jeeez.

Answer in points again;

In my opinion, does Rashford get on Citys squad... Potentially. If you look at the likes of Mahrez, Sane etc it's not a bad thing to be a rotation player at City, as those rotation players would get into any other team in the league etc, I would see Rashford as a player like Mahrez/Sane, who'd not be the main 3, but at the same time, would feature the majority of the season & do well in the squad.

Rashford may not win you a title, but that's why he has players around him, Martial would contribute goals/assists, Pogba the same, James/Lingard/whoever else etc, the point is champions arn't all made up on a team who have a goalscorer like an RVP, Salah, Kane etc... there are some squads where the goals were shared out... & that's why if he's not a 30+ goal season striker, that's fine.. because I believe our Rw (when sorted) & Lw (martial & whoever else etc), will contribute enough to keep us there along with Greenwood etc if the development of them all goes well.

Martial does, if you want a striker who stays up top, doesn't run as much, but is clinical & composed on the ball in whatever he does. He can sometimes take to many touches, but like with Rashford that's the inexperience in him that he'll grow/learn from.... they can both teach each other a lot... & Martial is now tracking/pressing etc & Rashford will be doing other things he didn't before.

If only one becomes elite, then that's fine, if both do it's even better.... as it stands they're both looking like they could... I agree that Martial looks more composed & ready to step up to the elite level if given the game time etc, but Rashford isn't far behind if you look at the stats that matter... goals/assists/chances/shot conversion & all that, that we judge a striker on.
  • TakeItSlow

Lacazette went from 28, 21, and 27 in his last 3 years at Lyon to 14 and 13 in the Prem.

I’m not suggesting Pepe will do better than Laca, I’m telling you Pepe will do better than Laca.

Okay pal.

Lacazette’s not an elite player. Nor does he rock up with elite numbers. Pepe will do better than Lacazette this season.
  • Ahmer50x
    17454 posts World Class

Okay pal.

Lacazette’s not an elite player. Nor does he rock up with elite numbers. Pepe will do better than Lacazette this season.

You also said he’d score 15-25 goals this season.

That’s Sterling level production.
  • Apollo

Rashford is 21. You act like he's in his prime with your comparisons, you can't possible compare Rashford to RVP at his peak, Rashford has years to develop before you can even bring him into a comparison like that. He has plenty of time to improve and has already proven that he can score goals in the Premier League and against top teams. He's only going to get better and is likely to get his best goal return this season under Ole if he stays fit, who is building his attack around him and Martial. Not many players out there are good enough that a manager is prepared to build their attack around them at such a young age.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Okay pal.

Right we are getting closer to an opinion now, let’s put a number on it. How many goals and assists combined?
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Welcome back @Couchy i'm sure it'll be fun with the state this thread gets in seeing you get involved :trollface:.

I’m a changed man @Keano. I’m just here to talk some football :sweat_smile:
  • Ahmer50x
    17454 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »

Rashford is 21. You act like he's in his prime with your comparisons, you can't possible compare Rashford to RVP at his peak, Rashford has years to develop before you can even bring him into a comparison like that. He has plenty of time to improve and has already proven that he can score goals in the Premier League and against top teams. He's only going to get better and is likely to get his best goal return this season under Ole if he stays fit, who is building his attack around him and Martial. Not many players out there are good enough that a manager is prepared to build their attack around them at such a young age.

Rashford has more Prem goals by age 21 than RvP had by age 25.
  • TakeItSlow

Okay pal.

Right we are getting closer to an opinion now, let’s put a number on it. How many goals and assists combined?

Combined? I’ll give an exact figure. I think he’ll hit 21 goals and assists combined.
  • Apollo

I'm just pointing out that he's trying to judge Rashford like he's the finished article. He's 21 and is only going to get better. We all know in here that he's a top talent, it's no wonder TakeItSlow doesn't rate him as one when he's comparing him at 21 to RVP at his peak.
  • TakeItSlow
    edited August 13

Not very fair to compare an injury ridden season with one who’s had 0 injury problems.

Rashford’s goal scoring is mid table striker level for United despite consistently getting 1600+ minutes per season. RVP in an injury ridden season scored more than Rashford ever has in a single season.

In my opinion Martial scores more league goals than Rashford this season and Rashford doesn’t get above 15 league goals.
  • Apollo

Not very fair to compare an injury ridden season with one who’s had 0 injury problems.

Rashford’s goal scoring is mid table striker level for United despite consistently getting 1600+ minutes per season. RVP in an injury ridden season scored more than Rashford ever has in a single season.

In my opinion Martial scores more league goals than Rashford this season and Rashford doesn’t get above 15 league goals.

Rashford is playing on the wing this season in Ole's 4231. Martial is leading the line, him scoring more goals than Rashford is expected when he's the one playing as the striker.
  • Apollo
    Also, it really is ridiculous that you're deeming Rashford's numbers as "mid table striker level", when he played a bunch of games on the wing last season under Jose, several from the bench and spent the last chunk of the season visibly carrying a knock and was nowhere near full fitness. Couple that with Rashford's age and it really is laughable that you're criticising him by judging him against RvP's numbers. It's a horrendous comparison that has absolutely nothing going for it.

This will be the first season where he will have spent the entirety of it as one of the crucial parts of our attack if he stays fit. But by all means, keep twisting the facts to suit this ridiculous argument.
  • TakeItSlow

Rashford is playing on the wing this season in Ole's 4231. Martial is leading the line, him scoring more goals than Rashford is expected when he's the one playing as the striker.

They rotated a lot. I watched the highlights back and in the first half Rashford was so lazy tracking back. Specifically when Chelsea put a couple balls into the box from the right and almost scored from them.
  • Apollo

They rotated a lot. I watched the highlights back and in the first half Rashford was so lazy tracking back. Specifically when Chelsea put a couple balls into the box from the right and almost scored from them.

What has that got to do with anything in the slightest about what we're talking about? :D
  • TakeItSlow

What has that got to do with anything in the slightest about what we're talking about? :D

He said Rashford was playing on the wing, he wasn’t strictly on the wing, otherwise he would’ve tracked back.
  • Pietu
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rashford couldn't have had that bad of a game as he scored 2 goals