Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• TakeItSlow
    6498 posts Big Money Move
    Oh god it’s already begun. A couple of wins in pre season and players are the best thing since sliced bread.

Heard if all before :joy:
  • RayS
    25110 posts Player of the Year
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Oh god it’s already begun. A couple of wins in pre season and players are the best thing since sliced bread.

Are you trying to tell us to take it slow?
  • Apollo
    13240 posts Has That Special Something
    We're impressed by what we've seen in preseason, nobody is trying to suggest we're going to win the league :joy:
  • Pughy30
    25353 posts Player of the Year
    edited July 21
    Pre season is always awful people over hype everyone and get carried away on pointless friendly games
  • Apollo
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Pre season is always awful people over hype everyone and get carried away on pointless friendly games

When the basis for a lot of the opinions come from last season before the injury and fitness problems, and have been restarted now that Ole's been able to sort out the squad's fitness, they're by no means based on pre season alone and therefore have a good chance of being valid.
  • El_Nino
    2373 posts Fans' Favourite
    Apollo wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Mike wrote: »
    Pepe talk just sounds like Lille drumming up interest. Seemed lose with ball the times I've seen him. Prem defenders would eat that up for days.

Also our link to it is a load of rubbish, not a fit when we just sign AWB who plays more of a support role where Pepe needs overlapping attacking RBs so he can come in side. Many years we have had space issues with players all wanting the 10 role his transfer wouldn't solve our RW issue in the slightest if anything it would be worse.

Again AWB was a steal. Maguire I don't care about fees it's not our money and after the owners have took 1 billion out of the club I'll take any spending. As @Shshj and @Retro_G said no one will give a toss if he fills the clear need we have. Many agree 50m was fair 70/80m the difference means very little in the grand scheme he could be worth that to us when he fits the need so much. How much is Greenwood going to save us? :p

@Mike A City fan trying to ridicule a club spending money it has earnt. :D

Pep first window with Champions league football

John Stones £47,500,000

From reddit:- based on the revenue increase of top 10 clubs averaged to get the buying power of football clubs in the last 18 years. 8.34% per year Inflation.

Kyle Walker 45m at 27 50m AWB at 21 never mind inflation alone that is a steal.
    I'm not ridiculing the money spent, I'm ridiculing you lot justifying the money spent

City did exactly the same with Champions League football. At times of transfers, You bought Stones and Mahrez from mid table clubs.

Mid table clubs? You know what your doing and I bit when I should know better. :D

Rio 15th
    Keane 22nd
    Saha 14th
    Rooney 17th
    Van der Sar 13th

Oh no what **** mid table players.

Including Saha in that list is the weirdest **** thing I’ve ever seen

The fact that he included him doesn't negate his overall point though.

Not followed the argument so I have no opinion, purely was taken back by Saha featuring next to those names 😂
  • TakeItSlow
    As per @RayS yes, take it slow, it might bite you on the booty.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 21
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Key is that high intensity training. it sounded like Ole went full old school with the running at Carrington but on tour it's been the modern way of Tactical Periodisation - picking a tactic and setting training for it as well. Loads of small course drills and small number games everything I have seen is high intensity and aimed at playing football better. The blend of old and new is looking very effective as system is clear while fitness is looking way ahead of schedule.

McTominay/Rashford on about the preseason not just about the hard work but learning tactically what the boss wants is great and a major benefit of the manager having a preseason and shouldn't be down played as having a little impact this season. Still standing by the system being the biggest transfer in a long time and hope it shows in many games this seasons.

Obviously it will be compared to Jose but him and Ole had different ideas from the off and set up training to accomplish that.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31386 posts National Team Captain

Jesus christ the irony of this post. As soon as you're linked to players you bang on about how amazing they are :joy: :joy: :joy:
  • TakeItSlow

Jesus christ the irony of this post. As soon as you're linked to players you bang on about how amazing they are :joy: :joy: :joy:

They’re all going to be amazing if we’re linked with them mate
  • Cyodine
    1148 posts Professional
    edited July 22
  • Low Ki
    11727 posts Has That Special Something
    Makes him sound like a sadist.
  • Sellish
    8652 posts League Winner
    I know we all want Sancho but he seems to be best pal with Lingard, Rashy & Memphis..
  • Teh Zombz
    3673 posts National Call-Up
    you lot care a bit too much about who is friends with who
  • Sellish
    8652 posts League Winner
    Teh Zombz wrote: »

Not really.
    Come to this team and spend with Lingard and Pogba and you will probably end up sharing their attitude.

Pogba's attitude started to dip a lot when Zlatan left for example. Zlatan have always had great attitude and he and Pogba spent a lot of time together.
  • El_Nino

I don’t think you realise the impact it has if you don’t.
  • TakeItSlow

Literally has little to no impact :joy:
  • El_Nino
    edited July 22

Literally has little to no impact :joy:
    Absolutely clueless if you believe that.
    If you’ve ever played a sport and been in a dressing room you’d know different.
  • TakeItSlow
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Anyone who's into sports himself knows that it can have a huge impact.

Yes maybe in lower tiered sporting levels. If you don't have an elite mentality then it might matter. But if you're Sancho for example and you've got the current United coming after you, your friends etc are there and then a big CL team also comes in if you value your career you go with the big CL side.
  • El_Nino

Yes maybe in lower tiered sporting levels. If you don't have an elite mentality then it might matter. But if you're Sancho for example and you've got the current United coming after you, your friends etc are there and then a big CL team also comes in if you value your career you go with the big CL side.

Two things, firstly it’s very clear many elite players(I.e Pogba) don’t have an elite mentality.

Secondly well played on completely missing the original point Sellish was making.
  • Apollo

Eh? No one is suggesting someone would decide to join a club purely because your friends are there. It's about a players attitude changing when they're at the club if they're friends with the wrong type of person.
  • Apollo
    If we do sign Sancho next summer, @Sellish , I'm not worried about him being friends with Lingard, mainly because of Ole. He's changing the dynamic of the dressing room, he expects an incredibly high work ethic from his players, he's brought in two players already who share that attitude, he reportedly rightly wasn't happy with Lingard after the whole video situation.

Players won't get away with the wrong type of mentality at the club this season, Ole will be straight on them if they're not working hard enough. He's changing the dressing room work ethic enough that I don't think it'll be an issue anymore by the time Sancho would get here if we hopefully do sign him next summer.
  • TakeItSlow

Two things, firstly it’s very clear many elite players(I.e Pogba) don’t have an elite mentality.

Secondly well played on completely missing the original point Sellish was making.

Pogba does have an elite mentality. Clearly, he wants the absolute best.
  • Apollo

I disagreed with his example of Pogba myself but the actual point he's making is spot on. There are plenty of top players about with a terrible mentality.
  • TakeItSlow

I disagreed with his example of Pogba myself but the actual point he's making is spot on. There are plenty of top players about with a terrible mentality.

They just aren't top players then.
  • El_Nino
    edited July 22

Please do elaborate.
    I would love an explanation on how going out and playing to a fraction of your ability while wandering around the pitch like a lost puppy equals an elite mentality?
    He’s a world class talent, but if your arguing his mentality is elite then I’m a little worried about you.
    There’s no excuse for downing tools, and Pogba clearly did that under Mourinho.
  • Kellnerr
    2353 posts Fans' Favourite

Mbappe under Neymar for example.