Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    33302 posts National Team Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    @XxRichiexRichxX so damn ignorant.

Lmao. You came in here saying “ Inter have made a late mover for Haller... Lukaku might be staying after all.”..over a single tweet with no source saying that Inter “have shown a late interest”. Not sure how that translates to them having made a late move or means that Lukaku is staying. Nevermind all the reliable reports with proper sources saying Haller is about to complete his West Ham medical...but I’m the arrogant one...
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Alex02 wrote: »
    Inter have made a late mover for Haller... Lukaku might be staying after all.

Inter aren’t signing Haller

Says who? They're making a late move for him :joy: they could very well sign him.

At least link your source.

Ex is the most reliable in the business for West Ham news. @Dan is Clutch will vouch.

:lol::lol:
    In fairness he is very reliable for West Ham
    Yeah Ex is the most reliable source with West Ham stuff.
    I was never questioning that. I was laughing out how “shown interest” immediately translated to “making a late move....Lukaku staying”
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    edited July 2019

Lmao. You came in here saying “ Inter have made a late mover for Haller... Lukaku might be staying after all.”..over a single tweet with no source saying that Inter “have shown a late interest”. Not sure how that translates to them having made a late move or means that Lukaku is staying. Nevermind all the reliable reports with proper sources saying Haller is about to complete his West Ham medical...but I’m the arrogant one...

Says who? They're making a late move for him :joy: they could very well sign him.

Ex is the most reliable in the business for West Ham news. @Dan is Clutch will vouch.

I was never questioning that I was laughing out how “shown interest” immediately translated to “making a late move....Lukaku staying”

Wtf is wrong with you. You question the source then in your next post say I was never questioning it. Its because I wrote it you got your back up, such a strange dude.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited July 2019

I was never questioning that I was laughing out how “shown interest” immediately translated to “making a late move....Lukaku staying”

Wtf is wrong with you. You question the source then in your next post say I was never questioning it. Its because I wrote it you got your back up, such a strange dude.

I didn’t say they weren’t reliable. I mentioned the bold part emphasizing that several reliable reports have stated he’s completing his medical soon and supposedly already in London to do so. I’ve seen Dan mentioned then a few times in a group chat so I trust his judgment with the West ham sources.

But please explain how “shown interest” equals “have made a late move”? Lol. Typical Womby.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner

I didn’t say they weren’t reliable. I mentioned the bold part emphasizing that several reliable reports have stated he’s completing his medical soon and supposedly already in London to do so. I’ve seen Dan mentioned then a few times in a group chat so I trust his judgment with the West ham sources.

But please explain how “shown interest” equals “have made a late move”? Lol. Typical Womby.

They're making a late move to try and sign him obviously otherwise they wouldn't show interest knowing he's potentially having a medical at another club. Use your brain.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited July 2019
    XxRichiexRichxX so damn ignorant.

They're making a late move to try and sign him obviously otherwise they wouldn't show interest knowing he's potentially having a medical at another club. Use your brain.

You can 100000% show interest in a player without submitting a bid. We “showed interest” in Haller last month but no bids were submitted. Yet if you read these reports West Ham are about to sign “Manchester United target” Haller

I highly highly doubt Haller ends up in an Inter kit next season :wink:
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Looking forward to the Leeds game, would of prefered it later in the pre-season but it should prove a sterner test than park the bus Glory.

Even with 45/45 teams there are a few things I would like to see.
    1. Interested in what Angel Gomes and James can show again.
    2. Axel alongside a different CB Ideally Smalling not convinced but Lindelof would be interesting as well.
    3. Make-up of the midfield and how they deal with the transition.
    4. Our deeper shape.
    5. Build up when pressed.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited July 2019
    Looking forward to the Leeds game, would of prefered it later in the pre-season but it should prove a sterner test than park the bus Glory.

2. Axel alongside a different CB Ideally Smalling not convinced but Lindelof would be interesting as well.
    4. Our deeper shape.

Agree with all of that.

Hopefully Lukaku can get some minutes as well seeing as he’s staying apparently.
  • WelshWizard

4. Our deeper shape.

Agree with all of that.

Hopefully Lukaku can get some minutes as well seeing as he’s staying apparently.

It's a big departure from what we been doing but wouldn't mind trying to play for Lukaku and giving him the service he needs for 45. James on the right crossing would be a start.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

4. Our deeper shape.

Agree with all of that.

It's a big departure from what we been doing but wouldn't mind trying to play for Lukaku and giving him the service he needs for 45. James on the right crossing would be a start.

Ha. I was just editing my comment to add...

in all seriousness. Should give him minutes, assuming he’s healthy now.

And I’d like to see Greenwood get minutes as a ST. And put Martial on a wing. Martial didn’t cut it at ST and felt Greenwood was a bit wasted on the wing
  • Apollo
    20505 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2019

4. Our deeper shape.

Said the other day one of the things I'd like to see against Leeds was Tuanzebe alongside Smalling, so definitely agree with that. Pogba in the same half as James was my other one for his passing range to get James in behind. Other than that it'll just be good to see the team come up against a level up in opposition from the last game and also how the academy players do against them.
  • Apollo
    20505 posts Club Captain
    Could quite feasibly be Lukaku's last game for us as well
  • WelshWizard

4. Our deeper shape.

Agree with all of that.

Ha. I was just editing my comment to add...

in all seriousness. Should give him minutes, assuming he’s healthy now.

And I’d like to see Greenwood get minutes as a ST. And put Martial on a wing. Martial didn’t cut it at ST and felt Greenwood was a bit wasted on the wing

Yeah even at this point I would look to get closer to what we could use and that 2nd half team was a lot closer.

Martial had his chance and the questions still remain does he do enough at ST, Stats show attack can convert chances it's the fact we don't create enough and I don't think his movement or lack of helps. I'd much rather give Greenwood the chance down the middle especially if the plan is to have him back up Rashy which imo he should be. Waiting for that elusive goal to come it's only a matter of time and he will be banging them in.

• WelshWizard
    edited July 2019
    Angel Gomes is what I'm really interested in especially in that wide left role. Seems to be taking on what Ole wants especially about the press and delivering. If he keeps it up he should definitely be getting more time this season.

Don't think we could support him elsewhere on the pitch than wide or that 10 role but has underrated defensive qualities which he could put them to use in the pressing out wide, Iniesta is the best way I can describe in terms of strength and weakness just keeps the ball for fun and he has dictated play in advance positions as well as deep in Scholes/Xavi manner but question marks on his impact on the goal in advance positions. As an option off the bench he should be one of the first players looked at during the season even if it;s just to raise the tempo.
  • Apollo
    20505 posts Club Captain
    Angel Gomes is what I'm really interested in especially in that wide left role. Seems to be taking on what Ole wants especially about the press and delivering. If he keeps it up he should definitely be getting more time this season.

Don't think we could support him elsewhere on the pitch than wide or that 10 role but has underrated defensive qualities which he could put them to use in the pressing out wide, Iniesta is the best way I can describe him just keeps the ball for fun and he has dictated play in advance positions as well as deep in Scholes/Xavi manner. As an option off the bench he should be one of the first players looked at during the season.

He was very impressive the other day. Like you say he needs to continue against the better opposition before we make any decisions about his level of game time this season, but we'd definitely have some opportunities available for him if he can when we rotate at LW, assuming James is going to be moved to the right at some point, and has the added bonus of being able to play in midfield as well if we need him. Greenwood obviously will be the main one coming through properly this season if we're right about Ole intending him to be Rashford's backup, but Gomes should get a decent amount of games in the cups and when we rotate in general to step up his involvement to the senior squad.
  • Keano
    16616 posts World Class
    Aslong as out front three and creative mids work well together then martial rashford and greenwood would be able to do the job, but we need good link up play between martial, rashford, greenwood, lingard, james etc.

Hopefully the front three is martial - rashford - james but lingard also showed he could do it in a different system.

If Ben Yedder is really as cheap as reported then get him, before if rashford doesnt start firing then ben yedder will imo for his strengths etc and having rashford/martial/james around him to link up with.
  • WelshWizard
    edited July 2019
    Keano wrote: »
    Aslong as out front three and creative mids work well together then martial rashford and greenwood would be able to do the job, but we need good link up play between martial, rashford, greenwood, lingard, james etc.

Hopefully the front three is martial - rashford - james but lingard also showed he could do it in a different system.

If Ben Yedder is really as cheap as reported then get him, before if rashford doesn't start firing then ben yedder will imo for his strengths etc and having rashford/martial/james around him to link up with.

Our season could depend on it but I'm confident they can do it.

Martial/Lingard/Rashford have shown they could link-up and work as a unit especially under Ole who wants to spread the load across the fluid front 3. Greenwood has come in and he justs get in the right positions none stop. Need to see if James can play with them and work off them to get in more advance positions inside for the rest of the preseason but got no worries even if he just going to be wide and direct. Rashford can run channels but he does love to drop where Greenwood will get in positions to shot naturally so there is enough different between them to be considered as real options. Another ST might be overkill at this point and I think it is fair we go with what we got as there ways to set nearly all our forwards as STs.

A lot will depend on getting them the ball especially when we are looking to break but in games when we are on top the ability to call on Mata to play in the pocket is huge and the need for creativity will be negated on the counter press if they are direct. Questions still remain if Rashford will deliver that ruthless streak and somewhat greed to be our 20 goal ST but it's looking like he will have the chances to prove if he can with Ole style. Martial is really clinical and should produce more as well. Jesse could do with being around his 17-18 numbers but I got faith in him and James chipping in with some goals who ever is on the right. Greenwood just gets goals and will get them all across the front. Hasn't happened for him yet but anyone can see the potential to get goals every times he plays is there.

I have more worries about the midfield than the attack. Moving the ball from 4/8 to the forwards with Mctominay and Pogba I find prefect but as soon as we go beyond that there will be questions and even questions on that mid vs better teams especially if Pogba is in the 10 and we struggle to get him the ball. Currently the issues are unchanged from last season in this area a few ins and that could change,
  • Apollo
    20505 posts Club Captain
    As frustrating as it is that it's one deal at a time, we should see the movement on the midfield front that we desperately need as soon as we've got the Maguire move sorted.
  • Teh Zombz
    4483 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2019
    ravel keeps getting chance after chance, i'll give him 3-6 months at sheffield before he ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it up
  • Ahmer50x
    24982 posts Player of the Year

Maguire on the bench for Leicester today.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    So much for "wanting a challenge."

• Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    50 goals, assists from Bruno, great watch....

• Ahmer50x
  • WelshWizard
    edited July 2019
    Retro_G wrote: »
    50 goals, assists from Bruno, great watch....

Throughballing Bas Dost on the break, imaging that with the pace we have :D

You would expect less output but his threat can open loads of space and a challenge for any side.
    • 120 shots in the league he had alone United had 396 shots in the Premier League
    • 74 of his 120 shots in the league came from outside the box.
    • He has that knack of arriving late and not getting picked up.

When a player is happy to shot and can hit the target regular from distance. Teams have to stop that threat and it impacts how they defend.
  • WelshWizard
    edited July 2019
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11764338/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-wants-to-build-around-paul-pogba-at-manchester-united

Pogba

Asked if he still believes Pogba is the man to get United back to the top, Solskjaer said: "Paul is a fantastic player, a fantastic human being and has always been a great professional.

"I've had a great relationship with him, I had him in the reserves a few years back.

"And I said [previously], 'if he's in your squad, you'd build your team around him', and I haven't changed that much since then, so I would say the same now."

Players wanting to leave

Asked if he understands the mentality of players that want to leave United, Solskjaer said: "No. The ones who want to leave now haven't been here when it's been successful.

"It is the best feeling you can ever have as a footballer to be at this football club when we're successful and hopefully they want to be part of that - and I want to be part of that."

More Transfers

"We're looking at one or two options, but it depends on outgoings as well - it might be more because if suddenly two, or three will go, you will have to replace players," he added.

James, AWB and does he have final say

"I'm very happy with those two - they were two signings I was quite adamant to the club that we should try to sign them," said Solskjaer.

"I believe they can have an impact straight away and also in the long-term for this club."

Asked if he has the final say on all signings, Solskjaer said: "There won't be any players here that I don't want in my group, no."

Sanchez

But Solskjaer says he still has "great belief" Sanchez can come good at United and is hopeful he will be "back up and running" when he returns after suffering a hamstring injury in Chile's Copa America third-place play-off.

"There's a top, top player there and if we can get him firing, he can get us 20 goals easily," Solskjaer added.

"We know what he's capable of and we - me with Alexis and the team - have to find a way to get that out of him.

"I don't like to talk about individuals too much, but Alexis has made headlines since he came here.

"He's had such a fantastic time at Arsenal and we want to find him scoring goals at Old Trafford and that can give us an extra boost."
  • Alex02
    2969 posts National Call-Up

Think some of the Pogba reactions in here have been very OTT. Suggests to me he’ll be our captain next season if he decides to stay, probably with Young the main captain and Pogba captaining when Young isn’t playing
  • WelshWizard
    edited July 2019

Think some of the Pogba reactions in here have been very OTT. Suggests to me he’ll be our captain next season if he decides to stay, probably with Young the main captain and Pogba captaining when Young isn’t playing

Think that will be the case with a nice new deal as well to make Raiola some money.

OTT in the sense that people should know by now what Pogba is like when it time to get involved in playing the transfer game with his agent. He either knows what he is doing or is heavily influenced by his agent. This won't sound good but you still get that immaturity feeling from him.

But less so that he would happily join Juve or Real in heartbeat if they stumped up the money. It's just people buy in to words too much just like they did with Ander. Football and Business decisions take precedent over any love for the badge these days, it's only a short career.
  • Ahmer50x
    If Pogba signs an extension, I can try to get behind him as a player but would be absolutely fuming if he was made captain.