Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    23655 posts Club Captain
    Robson also reported the 40m Maguire bid and I shared it on here.

Simon hasn't agreed but I'm inclined to believe we did make a derisory offer first.
  • HysxteriA
    4059 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2019
    After 2 windows including this one what would everyones ideal united look like? Interested to see what everyone thinks. Just a starting 11.

The dream hopefully for me

James - Greenwood - Sancho
    Fernandez
    Saul Niguez - Garner
    Shaw - McGuire - Lindelof - AWB
    De Gea

I think greenwood will eventually phase out Rashford, I feel he will be a better striker personally. Garner seems very promising that's the reason he is in there. Longstaff valuation is mental, considering his inexperience I'd rather stick to what we know in Garner. Sancho I hope to secure if we manage top 4. I can't see martial lasting personally simply due to his workrates on the pitch. Hoping we can get at least 2/3 seasons on De Gea if he stays I think he will recover his form. He's still a top class goalkeeper. Pogba well, my stance always will be for him to leave.

Out goings I'd like to see leave is Rojo, Jones, Young, Matic, Darmian and Lingard.

I hope for a transformed dressing room, get rid of the insta celebs.
  • HysxteriA
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

Aha saw this earlier immediately my head went into my palms!
  • Pietu
    6897 posts Big Money Move
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    After 2 windows including this one what would everyones ideal united look like? Interested to see what everyone thinks. Just a starting 11.

Fernandez
    Saul Niguez - Garner
    De Gea

I think greenwood will eventually phase out Rashford, I feel he will be a better striker personally. Garner seems very promising that's the reason he is in there. Longstaff valuation is mental, considering his inexperience I'd rather stick to what we know in Garner. Sancho I hope to secure if we manage top 4. I can't see martial lasting personally simply due to his workrates on the pitch. Hoping we can get at least 2/3 seasons on De Gea if he stays I think he will recover his form. He's still a top class goalkeeper. Pogba well, my stance always will be for him to leave.

Out goings I'd like to see leave is Rojo, Jones, Young, Matic, Darmian and Lingard.

Yeah good luck getting Saul
  • Pxul_
    9423 posts League Winner
    Pietu wrote: »

Fernandez
    Saul Niguez - Garner
    De Gea

Idk why everyone thinks he’s eventually going to leave athletico. He’s going absolutely no where😂
  • Apollo
    20031 posts Club Captain
    Pxul_ wrote: »

Fernandez
    Saul Niguez - Garner
    De Gea

Idk why everyone thinks he’s eventually going to leave athletico. He’s going absolutely no where😂

I thought it was the more common opinion to think he's staying :o Haven't seen many people who think he would leave. But I completely agree with you, he's not leaving. Think he'll be there his whole career.
  • Pietu
    6897 posts Big Money Move
    Apollo wrote: »

Fernandez
    Saul Niguez - Garner
    De Gea

I thought it was the more common opinion to think he's staying :o Haven't seen many people who think he would leave. But I completely agree with you, he's not leaving. Think he'll be there his whole career.

That's what I think also, he loves Atletico too much, I can't see him leaving unless they get relegated or something like that happens
  • HysxteriA

Fernandez
    Saul Niguez - Garner
    De Gea

Fernandez
    Saul Niguez - Garner
    De Gea

Hence "ideal / dream" I realise the chance is extremely thin but that's the player id love to bring into the team we have currently.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 2019

Moyes doesn't need another excuse and I doubt even he could spin that in to saving the club money. :D

Magure would of been on everyone radar at that time getting in the line-up at 18 from a good academy. Moyes then went on to attempt to get Gareth Bale and Cesc Fabregas despite saying the team needed ripping up. Moyes never had a chance following Sir Alex but my he did some stupid things, ­Transitional period granted but from day one he went in with a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ wrecking ball.

Will anything ever beat the players Arsene Wenger could of have signed list? :D
  • Wyojasond
    14386 posts Has That Special Something

Moyes doesn't need another excuse and I doubt even he could spin that in to saving the club money. :D

Magure would of been on everyone radar at that time getting in the line-up at 18 from a good academy. Moyes then went on to attempt to get Gareth Bale and Cesc Fabregas despite saying the team needing ripping up. Moyes never had a chance following Sir Alex but my he did some stupid things, ­Transitional period granted but from day one he went in with a **** wrecking ball.

The team Chelsea could currently have might be up there 🤔😂 (De Bruyne, Salah.....Sure there are others)
  • Pxul_
    9423 posts League Winner
    Mostly united fans seem to think that he’s going to join yous at some point when he’s gonna stay at atletico his whole career.
  • finsfan85
    13397 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2019

Magure would of been on everyone radar at that time getting in the line-up at 18 from a good academy. Moyes then went on to attempt to get Gareth Bale and Cesc Fabregas despite saying the team needing ripping up. Moyes never had a chance following Sir Alex but my he did some stupid things, ­Transitional period granted but from day one he went in with a **** wrecking ball.

The team Chelsea could currently have might be up there 🤔😂 (De Bruyne, Salah.....Sure there are others)

Another one to add to the list

Post edited by finsfan85 on
  • WelshWizard

Still not close :D Sure Wenger could of had the Pro XI as his XI at one point with the amount of players.

"Zlatan doesn't do auditions"

"Ronaldo was shown around London Colney and given an Arsenal jersey with his name on the back. A £4million deal with Sporting Lisbon was agreed,"

"15 year-old Argentine Messi was pointed out alongside Barca rising stars Fabregas and Pique, they offered him a contract"

"Wenger was keen to find a long-term replacement for Sol Campbell but wasn't keen on the £5million transfer fee Anderlecht wanted for Kompany."

Kante - "When he was in France, when he was at Leicester. Then again, I cannot explain everything but it's quite obvious when you look where he’s gone.

Buffon, Ronaldinho, Drogba, Alonso the list is endless :D
  • Apollo
    20031 posts Club Captain
    Mostly united fans seem to think that he’s going to join yous at some point when he’s gonna stay at atletico his whole career.

Don't know how they can think that, he's not leaving.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33100 posts National Team Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    So apparently United's first offer for Maguire was 40m.

Do the joke bid articles only come with Arsenal then or?

What's the source of that? The BBC reported the 70m a while back, not sure where you've found that number from

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3900647/sources-man-utd-miles-away-from-maguire-deal

"But having made an initial offer of just £40m for Maguire last month, United remain a substantial distance from matching Leicester's wanting price for a player the Foxes signed from Hull City for an initial fee of £12m two years ago."

I'd rather take the word of the BBC over ESPN. They reported £70m, nothing on an alleged £40m bid that I've seen.

This was obviously your initial bids leading up to the 70m which was only recent.

You don’t think the reliable sources would have eventually mentioned it? Someone would have for sure.

ESPN are dodgy at best. They struggle to even be reliable for MLS stuff here in the US
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    edited July 2019
    I hope David De G.O.A.T. signs a new deal, he is well worth the £350k a week.
  • Pughy30
    27259 posts Player of the Year
    Sanchez has to be one of the worst signings of all time. I'm not just talking about due to performance but In terms of how he's escalated the wages at the club, now the players are seeing someone as poor as him on 350k a week the contract negotiations are a nightmare for United
  • Ahmer50x
    23655 posts Club Captain
    Ducker is the closest to the club of that lot. Hopefully it’s sorted soon :)
  • WelshWizard
    Would expect de Gea base to be in 350k/400k ball park with assorted bonus clauses getting it towards 500k Likely be 4 years as well with a club option for the 5th.

We all know the structure. I find this fine if wages are structured on roles and loyalty but it sets the precedent on what our future #1s will demand and expect. If they prove it in the shirt fine but we better not go giving it out of the gate.

His options seem limited and assurances from us will mean very little. Should of been sorted before the tour started.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    1.5m a week on Pogba, Rashford, Alexis and De Gea.

6m a month. £72M a year.
  • WelshWizard
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Sanchez has to be one of the worst signings of all time. I'm not just talking about due to performance but In terms of how he's escalated the wages at the club, now the players are seeing someone as poor as him on 350k a week the contract negotiations are a nightmare for United

Yeah the structure is the worst part of Sanchez. But it's up to the club to sort it but they seem happy to ride it out. Realistically he been getting only his base even if he hasn't warranted that. The issue isn't mainly the wages it who is getting them with the low turnover of players being the biggest issue. It's like the club is ran by bankers or something ;) and they only see the part of protecting assets without the consideration of having to make the most of them by selling them.

As Manchester United plc we underspend and in Football as a whole we overspend on wages. There is a fine balance to be had and I doubt anyone has faith in Judge to manage to get balanced on the footballing side of a squad correctly structured in wages any time soon.

de Gea asking for them wages fine but it's gone straight through the club and potential targets with deadwood like Jones demanding more because they do more or Prospects wanting to get paid on the chance they deliver. Dean Henderson going back on loan getting delayed because he is demanding a huge pay rise to secure his future which he could even attempt to demand more when de Gea commits or doesn't.

• WelshWizard
    edited July 2019

6m a month. £72M a year.

Quick maths :D

shh or they will demand more. That's a drop in the ocean when your revenues are 600m :D

Just going to get higher as well. Challenges for Prem teams are huge with the gap to other leagues in finances and United find themselves right at the top.

Revenues are predicted to rise at a steady rate and we have a relatively favourable wages/revenue ratio which agents will constantly attempt to take advantage of when we earn so much.
  • Alex02
    2937 posts National Call-Up

6m a month. £72M a year.
    We’ll hopefully have The Virus and Alexis gone soon atleast :)
  • WelshWizard
    Alex02 wrote: »

6m a month. £72M a year.

Prepare yourself for the bumper new deal Pogba gets if Real can't make up the funds United want.
  • forearms
    5141 posts Big Money Move

6m a month. £72M a year.

shh or they will demand more. That's a drop in the ocean when your revenues are 600m :D

Just going to get higher as well. Challenges for Prem teams are huge with the gap to other leagues in finances and United find themselves right at the top.

Revenues are predicted to rise at a steady rate and we have a relatively favourable wages/revenue ratio which agents will constantly attempt to take advantage of when we earn so much.

Its bound to happen. There are 52 players in the NBA for this coming season that will make at least $20mil. Steph Curry will make over $40mil. MLB, NFL have 40, and 16 over $20mil.

With the insane amounts of revenue coming in from broadcasting rights for the Premier League, logically it's only a matter of time before players wages/salaries will eventually follow to equally high amounts.
  • Alex02
    2937 posts National Call-Up
    Alex02 wrote: »

6m a month. £72M a year.

Prepare yourself for the bumper new deal Pogba gets if Real can't make up the funds United want.
    Would be the best thing really