Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Apollo wrote: »
    If we do send Chong out on loan I want him going to an English club. When one of the things we need him to work on is his physicality, English football is the place to do it.

Yeah he needs to face the physicality and play vs Men. The u23 are no use to him at this point.
  • Apollo
    20443 posts Club Captain

Ole's been targeting Rashford's finishing as an area to help him improve, what you wanted to see @XxRichiexRichxX
  • Apollo
    20443 posts Club Captain
  • Ahmer50x
    24865 posts Club Captain

Never thought I’d actually be pulling for Ashley Young :cry:
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 2019
    My current player rankings on the 433

GK - de Gea/Romero/Grant - Loan Pereira again but I'm not convinced he will make it as a starter ever
    LB - Shaw/Dalot/Young
    RB - AWB/Dalot/Young
    CB Cover - Lindelof/Axel/Rojo/Jones
    CB Stopper - Smalling/Bailly - Axel likely next in line I think we still need a CB but could work with Smalling at a push but not Ideal
    CDM - McTominay/Fred - I just don't see how Matic can work and I feel both of these could play this role or the 8 but the way this is set up it is more like a 8 in the physical demands and I value breaking the lines and moving in the transitions than defense skills.
    CM 8 - Pogba/Andreas - Not quite 8s but not true 10s imo similar to the CDM role on the press so passing and mobility are highly valued but have more freedom to join the attacks.
    CM 10 - Mata - Think we need more in midfield a 6/8 and a 8/10 or 10 and then the 8s and 10s are decided on who that is and who we have left. Much prefer Mata in 10 been great for us in RW numbers wise but can't help but think another 10 we have wasted demanding movement when they can unlock defences.
    RW Lingard/James Want to see more of James there rather than just swapping. I think he going to take it but he 3rd out of wingers so far until he is used at RW.
    LW Martial/Gomes - just think Martial will suit LW more than ST he loves waiting out wide and linking inside rather than running in the channel think he did it once in the half he played :D. Gomes can make things tick. Loves the ball and can make people react to when he has got it. Find a way to get him game time and our combinations will be great. you can see why teams like Barca were looking at him,
    ST - Rashford/Lukaku/Sanchez/Greenwood - If Lukaku goes I'm perfectly fine with stick with what we got if he doesn't fine as well but Rashford is Ole main man and will quick become the fans if he finishes. Sanchez could jump ahead of Lukaku if he stays even as I feel he could do a role down the center.

Still think we ideally need the following before anyone is sold and rate the Midfield roles highest in priority.

CB Stopper
    CDM/CM
    CM/CAM
  • forearms
    5155 posts Big Money Move
    So I was unable to watch the game. It sounds as though Pogba played well. Glad the situation didnt affect his play.

I'm still hoping he is sold, primarily so the fanbase can move on. But without him, we need another playmaker.
  • Apollo
    20443 posts Club Captain
    forearms wrote: »
    So I was unable to watch the game. It sounds as though Pogba played well. Glad the situation didnt affect his play.

I'm still hoping he is sold, primarily so the fanbase can move on. But without him, we need another playmaker.

Pogba was good yeah. AWB, Tuanzebe, James, Gomes and Greenwood other standouts as well.
  • forearms

Pogba was good yeah. AWB, Tuanzebe, James, Gomes and Greenwood other standouts as well.

Good to hear the youngsters played well. Hopefully it continues against better competition. I'm all for Taunzebe getting more chances.
  • Apollo
    20443 posts Club Captain
    Continuing under the premise that we'll probably play two different XI's again next week, there's a couple of things I'd like to see: Tuanzebe play with Smalling in one half instead of Jones to pair him with a different type of CB (like @WelshWizard has been referring to), and Pogba in the same half as James to see Pogba supplying passes for him to get in behind.

It'll still be for fitness the game, just would like to see a couple of tweaks to the combination of XIs to see how they'd do.
  • Apollo
    20443 posts Club Captain

Good to hear the youngsters played well. Hopefully it continues against better competition. I'm all for Taunzebe getting more chances.

Hopefully if Tuanzebe keeps playing well as we build up the quality of opposition through preseason he'll almost force Ole to move a couple of others on and keep Tuanzebe in the squad instead.
  • Keano
    16582 posts World Class
    Happy with what I saw, injury to Shaw isn't as bad as expected, James looks great, Garner got his first goal & Tuanzebe is showing great signs.

Matic looks slow, but his legs have gone, no amount of fitness training is going to get that back, Martial should be on the left as he likes to dribble in, but also needs to run into space, it would give so much more options if he was able to dribble round players & run in behind.
  • Keano
    16582 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Would say second meeting will be done then, they prob want him before we play them... or for him to join them when we're in the same city.
  • Ahmer50x
    24865 posts Club Captain
    Continuing under the premise that we'll probably play two different XI's again next week, there's a couple of things I'd like to see: Tuanzebe play with Smalling in one half instead of Jones to pair him with a different type of CB (like @WelshWizard has been referring to), and Pogba in the same half as James to see Pogba supplying passes for him to get in behind.

It'll still be for fitness the game, just would like to see a couple of tweaks to the combination of XIs to see how they'd do.

I think we’ll see some random combos for 45 mins each again against Leeds.

Probably will move to 60 mins for the first XI after that
  • Apollo
    20443 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2019

I think we’ll see some random combos for 45 mins each again against Leeds.

Probably will move to 60 mins for the first XI after that

I didn't even look at the date of the third game if I'm honest, by next week I just meant the Leeds game. I'm not too fussed about the overall XI anymore in each half, it doesn't make a great deal of difference as it's mainly for fitness, but like I say there's just a couple of tweaks I'd like to see Ole do to see how they'd go
  • Low Ki
    12368 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2019
    ^ Got all ball nicely there. Had to rewatch it.

Pogba needs to take him to his barber though.
  • Tornado31619
    22246 posts Club Captain

And then Rojo was ready for Smalling to be beaten, what a ****show :lol:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33282 posts National Team Captain

Rojo was tracking his own man.....
  • Tornado31619
    22246 posts Club Captain

Rojo was tracking his own man.....

How didn’t I notice that? :lol:
  • forearms
    Castles now reporting the Maguire deal done. Hopefully we can jettison Jones or Rojo now.
  • Ahmer50x
    24865 posts Club Captain
    Castles and The Sun as of now so nothing to get excited about.

Let's wait for a better source especially since Castles jumped the gun and got the timing and figure wrong on AWB
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    It’s so sad that we’ll pay £80m for maguire and juventus get de ligt for €63m :disappointed:
  • Apollo
    20443 posts Club Captain
    Gervonta wrote: »
    It’s so sad that we’ll pay £80m for maguire and juventus get de ligt for €63m :disappointed:

I see what you're saying but personally I don't really feel disappointed about De Ligt because I don't believe he was ever going to come here unless we offered absolutely astronomical wages. He wasn't going to pick us over the other teams in for him