7574 posts League Winner
    damn, gomes starting well
  • Teh Zombz
    3624 posts National Call-Up
    i was excited to see garner
  • Alex02
    2652 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Would you prefer it if he refused to play or even go on tour?
  • Kman
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m so happy we bought AWB
  • Ahmer50x
    16110 posts World Class
    Marcus starting as he means to go on :love:
  • Apollo
    12980 posts Has That Special Something
    Rashford :blush:
  • Teh Zombz
    gomes link up play is nice
  • Ahmer50x
    16110 posts World Class
    How has Mason missed that :open_mouth:
  • ViVaWhom
    7574 posts League Winner
    with pogba and mata comes some superb football
  • Alex02
    2652 posts Fans' Favourite
    good assist from judas
  • Ahmer50x
    16110 posts World Class
    GARNER <3
  • ViVaWhom
    7574 posts League Winner
    what a hit
  • Teh Zombz
    MY BOY
  • Apollo
    Garner!
  • ViVaWhom
    7574 posts League Winner
    greenwood needs to get past his curse with the post
  • Kman
    Wouldn’t be against Greenwood playing on right this season
  • Ahmer50x
    16110 posts World Class
    Greenwood, Gomes, and Garner all look ready to play some first team minutes this year.

Chong needs a loan.
  • Apollo
    edited July 13
    Greenwood, Gomes, and Garner all look ready to play some first team minutes this year.

Chong needs a loan.

Agree with this. All three in this second half have been very impressive, good start to their preseason
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31317 posts National Team Captain
    Kman wrote: »

Much rather him down the middle with Rashford in the right if Greenwood is to start any matches tbh.

Can’t wait to see Garner break through into the first team.

Pogba, AWB, Mata, Gomes were excellent.

Hopefully Shaw is ok.

Overall excited for the season.
  • Apollo
    As a first game of preseason, pretty happy with that. James, Tuanzebe, Gomes, AWB and Greenwood have impressed in particular. Can't wait to see James and AWB regularly this season in the PL
  • Ahmer50x
    16110 posts World Class

Ashley Young at LB against Chelsea would be a **** nightmare :joy:
  • Apollo

Ashley Young at LB against Chelsea would be a **** nightmare :joy:

3 weeks to recover. Hopefully it's not a bad one.
  • Kman
    Kman wrote: »

Much rather him down the middle with Rashford in the right if Greenwood is to start any matches tbh.

Can’t wait to see Garner break through into the first team.

Pogba, AWB, Mata, Gomes were excellent.

Hopefully Shaw is ok.

Overall excited for the season.

Hmmm Greenwood looked a bit more comfortable cutting back in from wide and taking on his man with Rashford making runs through the middle..but honestly they could be pretty interchangeable and do each other’s job.

AWB soooo good, his defensive presence is immense and he knows when he can win the ball.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31317 posts National Team Captain
    Was reminiscing a bit earlier on Ashley Young. I remember playing FIFA 11 (I think it was) and loved using Ashley Young in FUT as well as using Villa in H2H just to abuse with him and Gabby. Young was quality for Villa
  • Ahmer50x
    16110 posts World Class
    Was reminiscing a bit earlier on Ashley Young. I remember playing FIFA 11 (I think it was) and loved using Ashley Young in FUT as well as using Villa in H2H just to abuse with him and Gabby. Young was quality for Villa

For me, the 8-2 win over Arsenal is the enduring image of his early career.
  • Apollo
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 13
    Some thoughts so far.
    • The System - High Pressing, Counter Press all working great. Half spaces we are struggling with and could point to having no creative player.
    • Stopper role - Jones is so bad at stepping up got beat every time, Axel has done better at it but nowhere near comfortable, tackles are weak and vs more aerial threat he will struggle. A signing is still needed or it's Smalling starting. On the cover Axel is fine and should be back-up for Lindelof this season rest can do one.
    • Hope it's just Perth being rubbish and late because their is way too much unneeded aggression
    • Matic looking sharp in high press and tight marking under used on the ball and when we drop he looks out of it completely
    • Need to play through the mid more but been going wide too early and not switching play quick enough. - Creative player in that CM slot again.

More from my notes :D
    • The System part 2 - Similar press and better in half spaces with more creative players, FB engage high
    • Gomes - Keeps showing that Iniesta quality of tempo control and being able to ramp it right up for the team, I want to see more of him and that wide role might work especially as you could 4222 it with another winger playing ST and a CAM like Mata
    • AWB - "The Spider" - Tackle, Tackle, Tackle just a brick wall and stop the transitions unlike Young who just got by past
    • Rashford - Always had great technique but showed instinct with that finish
    • Greenwood - So unlucky and you be more forgiving with inconsistency and rushing where as you demand more from Rashford now. Roles have change and Greenwood is the young ST.
    • Pogba - I really like him in that deeper 8 role whether you get the defensive output required I doubt and he more likely to hold on to the ball too much but the extra creativity from deep would be so usefull
    • McTominay - Cause of Shaw I know but I hate him at CB. Did the Matic role and I'm sorry Matic can be a great person but his time is up. Matic is fine when set but as soon as transition like last season the game just passes him by, This was Perth I'm scared what Prem would look like. No way he starts vs Chelsea I'd rather go with 18yr old Garner at this point. McTominay shows us the dynamism in the role and the type of player we should look to buy, Might even allow us to use 2 attacking types of players like we did with Pogba/Mata.
    • Everyone knows my thoughts on Rojo I just put Axel ahead of him and question do we need that many CBs. Deadwood city at CB.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect

Villa used to be great :D back when matchmaking wasn't so strict and FUT was full of OP bronze and silver those were the days.
  • Apollo
    If we do send Chong out on loan I want him going to an English club. When one of the things we need him to work on is his physicality, English football is the place to do it.