Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • Low Ki
    11743 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 12
    About that Griezmann transfer....not quite going according to plan for Barca :D
    https://www.atleticodemadrid.com/noticias/comunicado-oficial-7

    And Hazard was literally a 2 year project for Real to sign.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    forearms wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I think once Maguire signs he’ll win you guys over.

    Then again I said the same thing about Lukaku :joy:

    Hope he signs just for this fact :D Those against him just make me more determined to back him to the fullest and we haven't even signed him. I don't even think people don't rate him it's just the price but I haven't heard anything good on what else to do with the money that fits a role and could realistically happen.

    I don't dislike Maguire. I do believe hes just above average. Because of that, I think it's better to shell out the cash on someone who is markedly better.

    You know in the future teams will try to rinse us even more considering we were willing to go that high for him. It's no different than what Inter tried to do last year with Perisic. At least then we were smart enough to lay off.

    Who is? and are they available? We are talking small margins. I get that people don't rate him as much as I do and accept that but all the other alternatives have similar negatives even if people think he is just a small improvement on Smalling who again isn't a bad defender and your getting Maguire to improve all the things Smalling is truly bad on, how can that not be seen as a major improvement?

    I think Maguire was in group of CBs behind van Dijk last season and is 2nd best CB in the league in that role based on eye and stats which back it up.

    Way I see it is Maguire who fits the role 100% no argument for 70m, a prospect for 50m who might fail and is not as good imo or leave it and go with Smaling again to end up in same position next summer with no guarantees there is a better player available over the time you could have Maguire.

    Price wise why do you think it's taking this long? because we want a fair price for us and currently we are trying to get fair price for anyone. End of the day any CB worth getting i.e Prospect is 50m from any league. Any player of a similar level would cost us the same. We are United alone so smack an extra 10m+ on.

    Let's all forget the price cause it clouds judgement even if we say it's not it's just the reality.




  • Tornado31619
    16383 posts World Class

    Our last Galactico signing was Alexis Sánchez.

    Developing youth has always been part of our policy, and the same can be said for Barça, at least up until recently. It’s only Real who go out and buy Galacticos. By that logic, Barça have also lacked ambition.

    I know who I’d rather sign between Rodri and Longstaff. But I also know who I’d rather sign for between City and United. Only two of our transfer targets for this summer even remotely resemble Galacticos, and both of them rejected us. So of course we’re going to look for lesser-known, domestic talents. And one of them is already statistically amongst the best RBs in the world, at least defensively.

    We are currently a Europa League side. What do people expect? And our policy isn’t that bad, either. Here’s what I said in a discussion the other day:
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Tof33z wrote: »
    I dont think Maguire is better than Michael Smalling

    It's madness. De Ligt would be much the same price

    World is lacking world class cbs atm only a few out there

    So why not get Dé Ligt?

    I mean we're trying to get Zouma for about 30. No way slabhead is 40m better than him

    Because as far as wages go, the club are done with throwing money at potential new players above and beyond competitive contracts to convince people to come here. De Ligt would not pick us above the other clubs that are in for him for footballing reasons, so the only way that he would be willing to come here is if we offered a stupid amount more than the other teams in for him. Ole is done with people who are only here for the higher wages, he wants people who actually want to be at the club.

    It's Man U. The point of the exercise is to build a top squad that good players want to be at. If Utd have given up on that then sure, get slabhead and Lemina and enjoy your Thursday nights

    :D

    Don't even know why I expected a remotely rational response

    Your argument is they should buy mediocre players. It's perfectly rational to point out the stupidity of that for the richest club in the world. Not all expensive players are a waste of money.

    But 70m for McGuire is rational 😁

    Club is a mess, but I didn't think they'd just given up on having any ambition



    James and Longstaff haven’t played enough at top level football, but are you telling me that Fernandes and AWB are mediocre players? You sound like Woodward with his obsession over (BTEC) Galacticos.

    Nobody buys the Lemina talk, and nobody believes that he would be good enough to start for us. As for CB, the options are Toby, Koulibaly and Maguire. De Ligt rejected us.

    We can’t attract top-class players even if we actually want them. But a few years ago, your neighbours were in a similar position to us. Then they went and spent £83m in total on Salah, Mané and Robertson - now three of the best players in their positions - less than what we signed Pogba for. Pogba didn’t work out, and now he wants Real, whilst the other three are preparing to defend the CL. See what I’m getting at?

    The Galactico policy barely did anything for a Real side with Ronaldo, Beckham and Carlos, and they actually had pull. Our Galactico policy involved being linked with all of their ageing rejects for stupid prices. Are you telling me that the likes of Bale would have helped us in the long run? I’d rather wait for Sancho next year than waste £60m on Bale this summer, only to end up with Lingard playing on the right anyway because Bale has injured himself again.
    We had a perfectly capable LW in Martial last January. But City were linked with arguably the best LW in the league at the time. We tried to get one over on them by signing him on a £400,000/week deal. Now we’re looking to sell him on, too. If the Neymar transfer destroyed the market, then the Alexis signing destroyed our wage structure. No wonder Rashford wants £200,000/week.

    You don’t sign a bunch of players and then try to squeeze them into a system that might accommodate all of them. You build your signings around the system. That’s what Liverpool have done under Klopp, spending when necessary, and now they’re laughing.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ambition isn't measured by spending big on one player or clubs are not ranked on how much money just ask PSG. So much wrong with that tweet.
  • Low Ki
    11743 posts Has That Special Something
    Maguire is mediocre and barely an improvement from our lot. The default fallback argument seems to be his aerial duels, but what did that do for us when we had one of the tallest starting xi's in the league and still needed Fellaini to bail us out?

    We've got a lot of tall players already, what are we going to get out of signing one taller who's on par with Matic in mobility?
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The determination on Maguire is all gone. I will mention him no more till he is lifting the CL :D

    maguire-united.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100
  • Low Ki
    11743 posts Has That Special Something
    I hope the only place I see that image is in nightmares, never IRL.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Maguire is mediocre and barely an improvement from our lot. The default fallback argument seems to be his aerial duels, but what did that do for us when we had one of the tallest starting xi's in the league and still needed Fellaini to bail us out?

    We've got a lot of tall players already, what are we going to get out of signing one taller who's on par with Matic in mobility?

    Last one then.

    Stats say he is no more worse a defender than any other player in the World. He is the best at Aerial duels and ball at feet with van Dijk in the World. Tall players doesn't equal good in the air. Mobility has been no issue for him in the Prem as he has excelled in the channel. The margins are so small at this level but your all want Usain Bolt or something when it hasn't been an issue for him.
  • forearms
    4681 posts National Call-Up
    forearms wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I think once Maguire signs he’ll win you guys over.

    Then again I said the same thing about Lukaku :joy:

    Hope he signs just for this fact :D Those against him just make me more determined to back him to the fullest and we haven't even signed him. I don't even think people don't rate him it's just the price but I haven't heard anything good on what else to do with the money that fits a role and could realistically happen.

    I don't dislike Maguire. I do believe hes just above average. Because of that, I think it's better to shell out the cash on someone who is markedly better.

    You know in the future teams will try to rinse us even more considering we were willing to go that high for him. It's no different than what Inter tried to do last year with Perisic. At least then we were smart enough to lay off.

    Who is? and are they available? We are talking small margins. I get that people don't rate him as much as I do and accept that but all the other alternatives have similar negatives even if people think he is just a small improvement on Smalling who again isn't a bad defender and your getting Maguire to improve all the things Smalling is truly bad on, how can that not be seen as a major improvement?

    I think Maguire was in group of CBs behind van Dijk last season and is 2nd best CB in the league in that role based on eye and stats which back it up.

    Way I see it is Maguire who fits the role 100% no argument for 70m, a prospect for 50m who might fail and is not as good imo or leave it and go with Smaling again to end up in same position next summer with no guarantees there is a better player available over the time you could have Maguire.

    Price wise why do you think it's taking this long? because we want a fair price for us and currently we are trying to get fair price for anyone. End of the day any CB worth getting i.e Prospect is 50m from any league. Any player of a similar level would cost us the same. We are United alone so smack an extra 10m+ on.

    Let's all forget the price cause it clouds judgement even if we say it's not it's just the reality.

    It's impossible to neglect. What if we paid 80mil for AWB? It wouldnt be any different? Wan Bissaka is an obvious improvement in a position of need. Even if OGS badly wanted him, we shouldnt just cave in to ridiculous financial demands just because we want him.

    It becomes a slippery slope. Next time, the sellers then want 60mil for Lemina (or someone of equal stature) because they know you forked out a similarly insane amount in the past.

    It's different with world class players, or players worthy of a bidding war. But right now, it's only us in at anywhere near the asking price.
  • Low Ki
    11743 posts Has That Special Something
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Maguire is mediocre and barely an improvement from our lot. The default fallback argument seems to be his aerial duels, but what did that do for us when we had one of the tallest starting xi's in the league and still needed Fellaini to bail us out?

    We've got a lot of tall players already, what are we going to get out of signing one taller who's on par with Matic in mobility?

    Last one then.

    Stats say he is no more worse a defender than any other player in the World. He is the best at Aerial duels and ball at feet with van Dijk in the World. Tall players doesn't equal good in the air. Mobility has been no issue for him in the Prem as he has excelled in the channel. The margins are so small at this level but your all want Usain Bolt or something when it hasn't been an issue for him.

    Come on now.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 12
    forearms wrote: »
    forearms wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I think once Maguire signs he’ll win you guys over.

    Then again I said the same thing about Lukaku :joy:

    Hope he signs just for this fact :D Those against him just make me more determined to back him to the fullest and we haven't even signed him. I don't even think people don't rate him it's just the price but I haven't heard anything good on what else to do with the money that fits a role and could realistically happen.

    I don't dislike Maguire. I do believe hes just above average. Because of that, I think it's better to shell out the cash on someone who is markedly better.

    You know in the future teams will try to rinse us even more considering we were willing to go that high for him. It's no different than what Inter tried to do last year with Perisic. At least then we were smart enough to lay off.

    Who is? and are they available? We are talking small margins. I get that people don't rate him as much as I do and accept that but all the other alternatives have similar negatives even if people think he is just a small improvement on Smalling who again isn't a bad defender and your getting Maguire to improve all the things Smalling is truly bad on, how can that not be seen as a major improvement?

    I think Maguire was in group of CBs behind van Dijk last season and is 2nd best CB in the league in that role based on eye and stats which back it up.

    Way I see it is Maguire who fits the role 100% no argument for 70m, a prospect for 50m who might fail and is not as good imo or leave it and go with Smaling again to end up in same position next summer with no guarantees there is a better player available over the time you could have Maguire.

    Price wise why do you think it's taking this long? because we want a fair price for us and currently we are trying to get fair price for anyone. End of the day any CB worth getting i.e Prospect is 50m from any league. Any player of a similar level would cost us the same. We are United alone so smack an extra 10m+ on.

    Let's all forget the price cause it clouds judgement even if we say it's not it's just the reality.

    It's impossible to neglect. What if we paid 80mil for AWB? It wouldnt be any different? Wan Bissaka is an obvious improvement in a position of need. Even if OGS badly wanted him, we shouldnt just cave in to ridiculous financial demands just because we want him.

    It becomes a slippery slope. Next time, the sellers then want 60mil for Lemina (or someone of equal stature) because they know you forked out a similarly insane amount in the past.

    It's different with world class players, or players worthy of a bidding war. But right now, it's only us in at anywhere near the asking price.

    1/ Any player of a similar level would cost us the same. Again no suitable alternatives are getting mentioned cause it's a prospect for 50m or 150+ for Koulibaly who isn't available now I'm fine if people want that but a ready made player for the role if Ole wants makes more sense to me. I'm fine if people want to just go with Smalling as well.
    2/We haven't caved in to demands and are hard negotiating and threatening to leave what seems our #1 target
    3/ We are getting quoted 50m for Longstaff as it stands and we haven't signed Maguire the price is the reality of being United and teams try the extremes against us all the time. Teams don't need or want to sell you got to negotiate hard to get them to and it's normally a premium on their perceived market value.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Maguire is mediocre and barely an improvement from our lot. The default fallback argument seems to be his aerial duels, but what did that do for us when we had one of the tallest starting xi's in the league and still needed Fellaini to bail us out?

    We've got a lot of tall players already, what are we going to get out of signing one taller who's on par with Matic in mobility?

    Last one then.

    Stats say he is no more worse a defender than any other player in the World. He is the best at Aerial duels and ball at feet with van Dijk in the World. Tall players doesn't equal good in the air. Mobility has been no issue for him in the Prem as he has excelled in the channel. The margins are so small at this level but your all want Usain Bolt or something when it hasn't been an issue for him.

    Come on now.

    Show that one clip that all CB end up getting done vs the speed demons unless it's consistent it's no impact.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I relent anyway haven't got the energy when it's clear I'm outnumbers so much. :D
  • forearms
    4681 posts National Call-Up
    forearms wrote: »
    forearms wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I think once Maguire signs he’ll win you guys over.

    Then again I said the same thing about Lukaku :joy:

    Hope he signs just for this fact :D Those against him just make me more determined to back him to the fullest and we haven't even signed him. I don't even think people don't rate him it's just the price but I haven't heard anything good on what else to do with the money that fits a role and could realistically happen.

    I don't dislike Maguire. I do believe hes just above average. Because of that, I think it's better to shell out the cash on someone who is markedly better.

    You know in the future teams will try to rinse us even more considering we were willing to go that high for him. It's no different than what Inter tried to do last year with Perisic. At least then we were smart enough to lay off.

    Who is? and are they available? We are talking small margins. I get that people don't rate him as much as I do and accept that but all the other alternatives have similar negatives even if people think he is just a small improvement on Smalling who again isn't a bad defender and your getting Maguire to improve all the things Smalling is truly bad on, how can that not be seen as a major improvement?

    I think Maguire was in group of CBs behind van Dijk last season and is 2nd best CB in the league in that role based on eye and stats which back it up.

    Way I see it is Maguire who fits the role 100% no argument for 70m, a prospect for 50m who might fail and is not as good imo or leave it and go with Smaling again to end up in same position next summer with no guarantees there is a better player available over the time you could have Maguire.

    Price wise why do you think it's taking this long? because we want a fair price for us and currently we are trying to get fair price for anyone. End of the day any CB worth getting i.e Prospect is 50m from any league. Any player of a similar level would cost us the same. We are United alone so smack an extra 10m+ on.

    Let's all forget the price cause it clouds judgement even if we say it's not it's just the reality.

    It's impossible to neglect. What if we paid 80mil for AWB? It wouldnt be any different? Wan Bissaka is an obvious improvement in a position of need. Even if OGS badly wanted him, we shouldnt just cave in to ridiculous financial demands just because we want him.

    It becomes a slippery slope. Next time, the sellers then want 60mil for Lemina (or someone of equal stature) because they know you forked out a similarly insane amount in the past.

    It's different with world class players, or players worthy of a bidding war. But right now, it's only us in at anywhere near the asking price.

    1/ Any player of a similar level would cost us the same. Again no suitable alternatives are getting mentioned cause it's a prospect for 50m or 150+ for Koulibaly who isn't available now I'm fine if people want that but a ready made player for the role if Ole wants makes more sense to me. I'm fine if people want to just go with Smalling as well.
    2/We haven't caved in to demands and are hard negotiating and threatening to leave what seems our #1 target
    3/ We are getting quoted 50m for Longstaff as it stands and we haven't signed Maguire the price is the reality or being United and teams try the extremes against us all the time/ Team don't need or want to sell you got to negotiate hard to get them to and it's normally a premium on their perceived market value.

    So at what price point do you say no for Maguire? There has to be a point that the player isnt worth it.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect

    I bet it's going down a treat on twitter though :(
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 13
    forearms wrote: »
    forearms wrote: »
    forearms wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I think once Maguire signs he’ll win you guys over.

    Then again I said the same thing about Lukaku :joy:

    Hope he signs just for this fact :D Those against him just make me more determined to back him to the fullest and we haven't even signed him. I don't even think people don't rate him it's just the price but I haven't heard anything good on what else to do with the money that fits a role and could realistically happen.

    I don't dislike Maguire. I do believe hes just above average. Because of that, I think it's better to shell out the cash on someone who is markedly better.

    You know in the future teams will try to rinse us even more considering we were willing to go that high for him. It's no different than what Inter tried to do last year with Perisic. At least then we were smart enough to lay off.

    Who is? and are they available? We are talking small margins. I get that people don't rate him as much as I do and accept that but all the other alternatives have similar negatives even if people think he is just a small improvement on Smalling who again isn't a bad defender and your getting Maguire to improve all the things Smalling is truly bad on, how can that not be seen as a major improvement?

    I think Maguire was in group of CBs behind van Dijk last season and is 2nd best CB in the league in that role based on eye and stats which back it up.

    Way I see it is Maguire who fits the role 100% no argument for 70m, a prospect for 50m who might fail and is not as good imo or leave it and go with Smaling again to end up in same position next summer with no guarantees there is a better player available over the time you could have Maguire.

    Price wise why do you think it's taking this long? because we want a fair price for us and currently we are trying to get fair price for anyone. End of the day any CB worth getting i.e Prospect is 50m from any league. Any player of a similar level would cost us the same. We are United alone so smack an extra 10m+ on.

    Let's all forget the price cause it clouds judgement even if we say it's not it's just the reality.

    It's impossible to neglect. What if we paid 80mil for AWB? It wouldnt be any different? Wan Bissaka is an obvious improvement in a position of need. Even if OGS badly wanted him, we shouldnt just cave in to ridiculous financial demands just because we want him.

    It becomes a slippery slope. Next time, the sellers then want 60mil for Lemina (or someone of equal stature) because they know you forked out a similarly insane amount in the past.

    It's different with world class players, or players worthy of a bidding war. But right now, it's only us in at anywhere near the asking price.

    1/ Any player of a similar level would cost us the same. Again no suitable alternatives are getting mentioned cause it's a prospect for 50m or 150+ for Koulibaly who isn't available now I'm fine if people want that but a ready made player for the role if Ole wants makes more sense to me. I'm fine if people want to just go with Smalling as well.
    2/We haven't caved in to demands and are hard negotiating and threatening to leave what seems our #1 target
    3/ We are getting quoted 50m for Longstaff as it stands and we haven't signed Maguire the price is the reality or being United and teams try the extremes against us all the time/ Team don't need or want to sell you got to negotiate hard to get them to and it's normally a premium on their perceived market value.

    So at what price point do you say no for Maguire? There has to be a point that the player isnt worth it.

    I'm just going off what the club is doing or wants. I would of gone long term from the off and got 2 prospect CBs myself.

    For the club it depends what the alternative is. I mean there was talk of 120m on Koulibaly would people be happy with 70m on Maguire if 50m got a prospect as well? or would they be happy with a prospect as the only CB we got in the next 2 seasons? money being spent may not be the issue but long term of getting numbers is another one.

    The club has come to a valuation and they have all the facts on their structure and the target value in the market they have likely accepted that it will be 20m more than that due to all the factors(City desperate, United tax, English tax, Not for Sale). I think 70m is fair as I would happily give 50m.

    They have prove they are stubborn such as the Zaha clause so I expect them to stick to it. But for our club missing out by 5/10m for your target is stupid and petty like a skint Inter there comes a point where you move on but this seems do able.
  • forearms
    4681 posts National Call-Up
    forearms wrote: »
    forearms wrote: »
    forearms wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I think once Maguire signs he’ll win you guys over.

    Then again I said the same thing about Lukaku :joy:

    Hope he signs just for this fact :D Those against him just make me more determined to back him to the fullest and we haven't even signed him. I don't even think people don't rate him it's just the price but I haven't heard anything good on what else to do with the money that fits a role and could realistically happen.

    I don't dislike Maguire. I do believe hes just above average. Because of that, I think it's better to shell out the cash on someone who is markedly better.

    You know in the future teams will try to rinse us even more considering we were willing to go that high for him. It's no different than what Inter tried to do last year with Perisic. At least then we were smart enough to lay off.

    Who is? and are they available? We are talking small margins. I get that people don't rate him as much as I do and accept that but all the other alternatives have similar negatives even if people think he is just a small improvement on Smalling who again isn't a bad defender and your getting Maguire to improve all the things Smalling is truly bad on, how can that not be seen as a major improvement?

    I think Maguire was in group of CBs behind van Dijk last season and is 2nd best CB in the league in that role based on eye and stats which back it up.

    Way I see it is Maguire who fits the role 100% no argument for 70m, a prospect for 50m who might fail and is not as good imo or leave it and go with Smaling again to end up in same position next summer with no guarantees there is a better player available over the time you could have Maguire.

    Price wise why do you think it's taking this long? because we want a fair price for us and currently we are trying to get fair price for anyone. End of the day any CB worth getting i.e Prospect is 50m from any league. Any player of a similar level would cost us the same. We are United alone so smack an extra 10m+ on.

    Let's all forget the price cause it clouds judgement even if we say it's not it's just the reality.

    It's impossible to neglect. What if we paid 80mil for AWB? It wouldnt be any different? Wan Bissaka is an obvious improvement in a position of need. Even if OGS badly wanted him, we shouldnt just cave in to ridiculous financial demands just because we want him.

    It becomes a slippery slope. Next time, the sellers then want 60mil for Lemina (or someone of equal stature) because they know you forked out a similarly insane amount in the past.

    It's different with world class players, or players worthy of a bidding war. But right now, it's only us in at anywhere near the asking price.

    1/ Any player of a similar level would cost us the same. Again no suitable alternatives are getting mentioned cause it's a prospect for 50m or 150+ for Koulibaly who isn't available now I'm fine if people want that but a ready made player for the role if Ole wants makes more sense to me. I'm fine if people want to just go with Smalling as well.
    2/We haven't caved in to demands and are hard negotiating and threatening to leave what seems our #1 target
    3/ We are getting quoted 50m for Longstaff as it stands and we haven't signed Maguire the price is the reality or being United and teams try the extremes against us all the time/ Team don't need or want to sell you got to negotiate hard to get them to and it's normally a premium on their perceived market value.

    So at what price point do you say no for Maguire? There has to be a point that the player isnt worth it.

    I'm just going off what the club is doing or wants. I would of gone long term from the off and got 2 prospect CBs myself.

    For the club it depends what the alternative is. I mean there was talk of 120m on Koulibaly would people be happy with 70m on Maguire if 50m got a prospect as well? or would they be happy with a prospect as the only CB we got in the next 2 seasons? money being spent may not be the issue but long term of getting numbers is another one.

    The club has come to a valuation and they have all the facts on their structure and the target value in the market they have likely accepted that it will be 20m more than that due to all the factors. I think 70m is fair anywhere near 90m you run

    They have prove they are stubborn such as the Zaha clause so I expect them to stick to it. But for our club missing out by 5/10m for your target is stupid and petty like a skint Inter

    All fair points.

    Difference with Koulibaly is that other teams are equally interested. If City decide Maguire is worth 70-80 mil, plus OGS picking him, then maybe I would see it the same way.

    It's currently just us, and I dont believe the club places a value close to what they are being quoted. I think we are going over our valuation by a decent amount just to get the player Ole wants.
  • Low Ki
    11743 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 13
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Maguire is mediocre and barely an improvement from our lot. The default fallback argument seems to be his aerial duels, but what did that do for us when we had one of the tallest starting xi's in the league and still needed Fellaini to bail us out?

    We've got a lot of tall players already, what are we going to get out of signing one taller who's on par with Matic in mobility?

    Last one then.

    Stats say he is no more worse a defender than any other player in the World. He is the best at Aerial duels and ball at feet with van Dijk in the World. Tall players doesn't equal good in the air. Mobility has been no issue for him in the Prem as he has excelled in the channel. The margins are so small at this level but your all want Usain Bolt or something when it hasn't been an issue for him.

    Come on now.

    Show that one clip that all CB end up getting done vs the speed demons unless it's consistent it's no impact.

    In their documentary, Pepe explicitly said City targeted him when they played Leicester because he was slow.

    I'd rather see this window with a short term fix and then go with a better signing next window after proper planning and preparation. Especially if we're in so heavy for so many young prospects.
  • Apollo
    14159 posts Has That Special Something
    Hope the camera view is not as bad as I'm fearing, the game's being played at a cricket ground where the seats are absolutely miles away as shown by the tweet below

  • Apollo
    14159 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 13
    Good to see Tuanzebe, James and Chong starting, Martial at striker is interesting as well
  • Sellish
    8878 posts League Winner
    Would rather see Greenwood as ST then Martial. Weird one.
  • Teh Zombz
    3724 posts National Call-Up
    that 2nd half team is exciting
  • Apollo
    14159 posts Has That Special Something
    Sellish wrote: »
    Would rather see Greenwood as ST then Martial. Weird one.

    Will probably change the whole team second half
  • Sellish
    8878 posts League Winner
    Where is Lindelöf?
  • Apollo
    14159 posts Has That Special Something
    Sellish wrote: »
    Where is Lindelöf?

    I was wondering this as well, strange :/
  • Pxul_
    7700 posts League Winner
    Young still captain😬
  • Apollo
    14159 posts Has That Special Something
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Young still captain😬

    Yep, ****** me off. I get everyone plays in preseason, that's one thing, but I absolutely hate that he's captain.
  • Apollo
    14159 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 13
    Read the comments to the team announcement on twitter - how do so many people not understand what preseason is :joy: Absolute idiots
Sign In or Register to comment.