Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• RayS
    25318 posts Player of the Year
    anyone know where you can watch the preseason games starting with Perth on Saturday? (in the US)
  • forearms
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    RayS wrote: »
    anyone know where you can watch the preseason games starting with Perth on Saturday? (in the US)

ESPN has the rights to it, so I think they should be on one of the ESPN2/NEWS channels. Unless it is on ESPN+

Are you going to any of the ICC matches here in the states? I am driving 1150 miles to see Real Madrid/Bayern Munich in Houston next week. Its kicking off a southern vacation trip for myself and the wife.
  • Apollo
    14272 posts Has That Special Something
    forearms wrote: »

ESPN has the rights to it, so I think they should be on one of the ESPN2/NEWS channels. Unless it is on ESPN+

Are you going to any of the ICC matches here in the states? I am driving 1150 miles to see Real Madrid/Bayern Munich in Houston next week. Its kicking off a southern vacation trip for myself and the wife.

:o

That's a great effort
  • RayS

cool cool. may have to load up a free ESPN+ trial lol

not this year. I saw United a couple years back though when they played the Galaxy in the ICC.
  • forearms
    Apollo wrote: »

That's a great effort

Unfortunately most of the matches are played on the coasts or in the south. So, unless it's in Chicago, Minneapolis, or Detroit, it's going to be a long drive for me. It's always part of our vacation, so it's worth the drive.
  • RayS

That's a great effort

Unfortunately most of the matches are played on the coasts or in the south. So, unless it's in Chicago, Minneapolis, or Detroit, it's going to be a long drive for me. It's always part of our vacation, so it's worth the drive.

I cheated and flew :p
  • RayS
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Tremendous attitude. <3

"playback has been disabled by the video owner" :(
  • RayS
    oh nvm... just had to go direclty to YouTube instead of wathcing here. some weird work filter
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class
    Is ESPN really covering all the United matches? :open_mouth:

I just bought a year of MUTV to see them :lol:
  • RayS
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

just keep a couple email addresses to use for free trials for ESPN+ lol
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class

I have ESPN+ :lol:

I just checked though and Perth atleast is not on ESPN or ESPN+.

It seems to me like it’s either MUTV or stream.
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Tremendous attitude. <3

"playback has been disabled by the video owner" :(

If you look just above that, on my laptop atleast, there is a hyperlink which says "Watch this video on youtube". Click that and it should open a new window.
  • Apollo
    Another day with no news :disappointed:
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class

4 signings needed, 28 days left.

The only consolation is that basically the same is true of Arsenal and Chelsea are banned.
  • Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class
    It’s actually incredible how our expectations have skyrocketed over the past three months. Most people here expected 2-3 signings, regardless of the futures of our midfielders. It was only after we started being linked with names that had previously been thrown around over here (Sancho, AWB, Rice, not to mention the de Ligt drama) that our confidence started to grow.
  • Apollo
    It’s actually incredible how our expectations have skyrocketed over the past three months. Most people here expected 2-3 signings, regardless of the futures of our midfielders. It was only after we started being linked with names that had previously been thrown around over here (Sancho, AWB, Rice, not to mention the de Ligt drama) that our confidence started to grow.

Well the situation changed over time tbf, a few months ago Herrera wasn't expected to be going, so we wouldn't have needed an extra midfielder, and Pogba wasn't thought to be going so we wouldn't have needed a replacement for him either. Our expectations changed as the situation evolved

If both stayed we'd only have needed a CB, RB, DM and RW.
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class

I disagree quite strongly with this.

I have always expected 5+ signings since Ole got the job. The club were leaking for weeks that the usual "3 in, 3 out" policy did not apply this summer and that there would be an overhaul.
  • Apollo

The only consolation is that basically the same is true of Arsenal and Chelsea are banned.

The possibility that if we sign 1-2 of them right at the last minute, they won't be included in the first week or two of the league until they get used to the team concerns me. All four of the positions we're hoping for are intended to be starters
  • Apollo

I have always expected 5+ signings since Ole got the job. The club were leaking for weeks that the usual "3 in, 3 out" policy did not apply this summer and that there would be an overhaul.

This as well.
  • Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class

Well the situation changed over time tbf, a few months ago Herrera wasn't expected to be going, so we wouldn't have needed an extra midfielder, and Pogba wasn't thought to be going so we wouldn't have needed a replacement for him either. Our expectations changed as the situation evolved

If both stayed we'd only have needed a CB, RB, DM and RW.

Fair enough.

That’s true. I forgot about that last bit.
  • RayS

How much is MUTV?
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class

The possibility that if we sign 1-2 of them right at the last minute, they won't be included in the first week or two of the league until they get used to the team concerns me. All four of the positions we're hoping for are intended to be starters
    de Gea
    AWB---Lindelof---Maguire---Shaw
    SMS---Longstaff---Bruno
    James---Rashford---Martial

That's the current realistic dream for VS Chelsea but I recognize that Matic and Lingard are likely to get in over Longstaff and James. Can somewhat understand if the club misses out on one of the four signings I've included too at this point (If we're waiting on one, my choice would be Longstaff)

Failing to sign atleast 3 more players would be a disgrace though. We can't be starting the season with more van Gaal leftovers than Solskjaer signings after a season like that.
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class

How much is MUTV?

$8 for the month, $25 for 6 months, or $30 for the year.
  • Keano
    12778 posts Has That Special Something

Same problem was last season though... we almost got into top 4... but then we kept slipping up, the only consulation was Chelsea & Arsenal kept slipping up too.. we have to take control of our own situations & we just don't have the people be it, in the team, backroom or boardroom to do that.

• Apollo

de Gea
    SMS---Longstaff---Bruno

That's the current realistic dream for VS Chelsea but I recognize that Matic and Lingard are likely to get in over Longstaff and James. Can somewhat understand if the club misses out on one of the four signings I've included too at this point (If we're waiting on one, my choice would be Longstaff)

Failing to sign atleast 3 more players would be a disgrace though. We can't be starting the season with more van Gaal leftovers than Solskjaer signings after a season like that.

Really hope that we're able to play that team against Chelsea, or at least as close as possible to it. If we sign Longstaff right at the last minute I could understand not wanting to play him immediately until he's had a little time with the team, but I think it's crucial that that doesn't happen to more than 1 of the 4 because they're all intended to be starters.

If we do only sign 3 full stop though we need them all in for Chelsea imo, so hopefully they'd all be done at least a week before the season to give them a chance to gel (even slightly) before the season begins.
  • Wyojasond
    11226 posts Has That Special Something
    Any worries about the Bruno talks going so quiet. Seems like since he’s started training with Sporting again the rumors have really died down.

Guy is another Eriksen. Constantly linked, but never moves 😂
  • Apollo
    Any worries about the Bruno talks going so quiet. Seems like since he’s started training with Sporting again the rumors have really died down.

The talks with everyone have gone quiet, we haven't heard any news of genuine progress from a concrete source for a while.
  • Keano
    12778 posts Has That Special Something

Not sure what to make of it, it's been going on & off for so long that I'm not even sure it's started.

Absolute joke really, but that's what our guys dealing with it all are.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect

de Gea
    SMS---Longstaff---Bruno

Failing to sign at least 3 more players would be a disgrace though. We can't be starting the season with more van Gaal leftovers than Solskjaer signings after a season like that.

5 has to be the minimum to be classed as a very good window and should be realistic for the club to achieve with it having been leaked none stop since the start that they were after 5 (RB CB CDM CM RW) If Pogba goes no replacement I can forgive if we get the 5 and it includes an attacking CM but players are seemingly available we are just not moving on them such as Tielemans and talk of SMS being available the board will be letting the fans and Ole down. 5 in and your talking of 1/2 down the line, less than 5 and you face a similar job in the following windows potentially in a worse position.

You could argue the order of attempted targets has been right in terms of need. AWB was the most needed and James completes our attacking group. Club technically has loads of CBs and CMs even if they necessary don't fit the roles and the impact of Longstaff depends on his use and plans for Matic. Pogba going defines the need for more creativity than it does if he stays.
  • forearms

Well said