Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    22990 posts Club Captain

Okay so thats that. Very much a cheap backup option to Maguire as expected.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32997 posts National Team Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    So i'd agree... problem is we supposedly have 200m before sales, having the cash isn't our issue... it's somehow finding targets & getting the deals done.

Do we really have 200m before sales? I've my doubts, surely we wouldn't be haggling over prices for so long, if that was true. The longer this window goes on, the more I think the board has lost faith in Ole, they're only going to give him the bare minimum with regards to transfers. Ed is setting Ole up to fail, much the same as what he done with Mourinho last summer.

Genuinely may the most pessimistic person in this thread.

Six years without a title challenge, two renowned managers who failed, a current manager who has only had one starting 11 player brought in. The window closes August 8th, you expect us to be positive?

The Glazers are dragging this clubs great name through the gutter, we will not get back to where we belong while they're in control.

Lmao... I'm not even saying you should necessarily be positive. It's just the fact that you're head and theories are running wild just because the window isn't going that well. You seem to think that the answer is to just throw money away... we've got a host of rejections, and one successful one that's turned out to be a massive flop that are proof that that's not the answer. We are just simply not an attractive club at the moment due to the failures of previous managers. We've now taken a gamble on an ultimately unproven one. This window was always going to be painful. And then ultimately we've got Judge who's proven to be frustratingly slow when it comes to getting deals done. It's legitimately been the same thing in every window since he took over negotiations in 2016.

But instead of taking into consideration all of those factors, you immediately go to "the board is losing faith in OGS (before he's even had a proper chance to prove himself :lol: ). Guarantee the money is available as been widely reported by reputable sources...but when you have someone like Judge doing the negotiating, he's not going to just throw it away... he's proven over the last 3 years that he's willing to spend the time negotiating to get the target for the best value possible, rather than bend over immediately to demands to get deals done quickly. That seems to be the unfortunate truth.

It's frustrating which we can all agree. But my pessimistic comment was in regards to how wild you get with your assumptions lmao.

Host of rejections because we're not paying the clubs their asking price, yet we won't budge on our asking price for players. You can't guarantee the money is available, If we end this window with only one more signing. I'm blaming the board on not coughing up the cash and having second thoughts about Ole's appointment.

No, there are a host of rejections that are down to simply the player not wanting to come to the club because of the circumstances such as not being in the CL. We offered De Ligt more money than what Juve are supposedly offering and he rejected us. lmao. And as for the cash, we've just spend 65m already, we've submitted a 70m bid for Maguire, and supposedly after at the very least 1-2 more midfielder being reported by reputable sources... it's pretty obvious that he's got around 200m to spend. Again, you're running a bit too wild with your theories and tossing aside the circumstances and reputable sources. lol.

Idk how their not coughing up the cash when they just submitted a bid of 70m for a CB that's 100000% with at the very least 10m less, and yes even in this current market and me being generous. lmao. Basically all this is stemming from you being upset that they aren't just going out and doing zero negotiating and bending over immediately to other clubs demands. I'm so happy you don't handle our transfers.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    So i'd agree... problem is we supposedly have 200m before sales, having the cash isn't our issue... it's somehow finding targets & getting the deals done.

Do we really have 200m before sales? I've my doubts, surely we wouldn't be haggling over prices for so long, if that was true. The longer this window goes on, the more I think the board has lost faith in Ole, they're only going to give him the bare minimum with regards to transfers. Ed is setting Ole up to fail, much the same as what he done with Mourinho last summer.

Six years without a title challenge, two renowned managers who failed, a current manager who has only had one starting 11 player brought in. The window closes August 8th, you expect us to be positive?

The Glazers are dragging this clubs great name through the gutter, we will not get back to where we belong while they're in control.

Lmao... I'm not even saying you should necessarily be positive. It's just the fact that you're head and theories are running wild just because the window isn't going that well. You seem to think that the answer is to just throw money away... we've got a host of rejections, and one successful one that's turned out to be a massive flop that are proof that that's not the answer. We are just simply not an attractive club at the moment due to the failures of previous managers. We've now taken a gamble on an ultimately unproven one. This window was always going to be painful. And then ultimately we've got Judge who's proven to be frustratingly slow when it comes to getting deals done. It's legitimately been the same thing in every window since he took over negotiations in 2016.

But instead of taking into consideration all of those factors, you immediately go to "the board is losing faith in OGS (before he's even had a proper chance to prove himself :lol: ). Guarantee the money is available as been widely reported by reputable sources...but when you have someone like Judge doing the negotiating, he's not going to just throw it away... he's proven over the last 3 years that he's willing to spend the time negotiating to get the target for the best value possible, rather than bend over immediately to demands to get deals done quickly. That seems to be the unfortunate truth.

It's frustrating which we can all agree. But my pessimistic comment was in regards to how wild you get with your assumptions lmao.

Host of rejections because we're not paying the clubs their asking price, yet we won't budge on our asking price for players. You can't guarantee the money is available, If we end this window with only one more signing. I'm blaming the board on not coughing up the cash and having second thoughts about Ole's appointment.

I don't think its second thoughts as much as it is incompetence from the administrators above Ole.

Regardless of the reason though, I do think you're right that we need to massively blame the board if Ole doesn't get atleast a few more in.

Oh I'm not necessarily denying that. I'm calling out the nonsense is claiming we don't really have the cash and that the board are apparently losing faith in OGS... that's nonsense.

I agree the board would be to blame if we don't bring in at the very least 2 signings. I don't really care that they are trying to negotiate the best deal they can...but it should definitely not take as long as it does.
  • Ahmer50x
    22990 posts Club Captain

I don't think its second thoughts as much as it is incompetence from the administrators above Ole.

Regardless of the reason though, I do think you're right that we need to massively blame the board if Ole doesn't get atleast a few more in.

Oh I'm not necessarily denying that. I'm calling out the nonsense is claiming we don't really have the cash and that the board are apparently losing faith in OGS... that's nonsense.

I agree the board would be to blame if we don't bring in at the very least 2 signings. I don't really care that they are trying to negotiate the best deal they can...but it should definitely not take as long as it does.

I think we need 6 or 7 with the likely sales but I recognize that’s not realistic. Anything 5+ and I’m reasonably satisfied with the window.

That way atleast 20% or so of the squad will be Ole’s own signings.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

I think we need 6 or 7 with the likely sales but I recognize that’s not realistic. Anything 5+ and I’m reasonably satisfied with the window.

I genuinely can't see more than 2 coming in, not without some panic buys. And honestly, I'm ok with that to an extent. I'd rather bring in 2 meaningful impact players (ideally a CB and a CM), then get top 4, and then fill the rest of the holes next summer where quality players will hopefully not avoid us or turn us down because we don't have UCL.
  • Ahmer50x
    22990 posts Club Captain

I genuinely can't see more than 2 coming in, not without some panic buys. And honestly, I'm ok with that to an extent. I'd rather bring in 2 meaningful impact players (ideally a CB and a CM), then get top 4, and then fill the rest of the holes next summer where quality players will hopefully not avoid us or turn us down because we don't have UCL.

I worry what a team with only one midfield signing would look like, which is why I say 5 (total including AWB and James just to be clear)

I just don't see anyone who's gonna consistently play defense splitting passes once Pogba is gone from the current crop. Hence why I think at least 2 is a must.

Agree that quality and fit is more important than quantity though.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain

No, there are a host of rejections that are down to simply the player not wanting to come to the club because of the circumstances such as not being in the CL. We offered De Ligt more money than what Juve are supposedly offering and he rejected us. lmao. And as for the cash, we've just spend 65m already, we've submitted a 70m bid for Maguire, and supposedly after at the very least 1-2 more midfielder being reported by reputable sources... it's pretty obvious that he's got around 200m to spend. Again, you're running a bit too wild with your theories and tossing aside the circumstances and reputable sources. lol.

Idk how their not coughing up the cash when they just submitted a bid of 70m for a CB that's 100000% with at the very least 10m less, and yes even in this current market and me being generous. lmao. Basically all this is stemming from you being upset that they aren't just going out and doing zero negotiating and bending over immediately to other clubs demands. I'm so happy you don't handle our transfers.

Wrong, there isn't a host of rejections due to the player. De Ligt is the only player we know that has turned us down. We got rejected by Palace, Swansea, Leicester, Napoli, more with low ball offers. We will see how much Ole got to spend after this window. Reputable sources were also saying Jose had 200m to spend last summer, look at how that turned out.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited July 2019

Wrong, there isn't a host of rejections due to the player. De Ligt is the only player we know that has turned us down. We got rejected by Palace, Swansea, Leicester, Napoli, more with low ball offers. We will see how much Ole got to spend after this window. Reputable sources were also saying Jose had 200m to spend last summer, look at how that turned out.

I'm not talking about this season alone. Look at how many CB's rejected us over the last couple of seasons. Boateng, Godin, Varane, etc...Mourinho even supposedly called Kante when he was at LCFC in an attempt to get him to chose United and it didn't work. Those are just the ones off the top of my head, but there's definitely plenty of examples over the last 3 years. So no it's not always come down to the offers, there are several examples of the players themselves saying they don't want to come to United or choosing other destinations. We just aren't an appealing club so the top players right now. We need a successful season playing good football to really get back on track. Some of the players reportedly didn't want to come in previous season because of the style we played.

The only real Low ball offer was with Palace. James we bid 10m and signed him for 15m, 70m+ bids for 2 CB's are lowball offers? LOLOLOL stop.

Like I said... glad you don't run transfers... we'd be getting rinsed left and right with you wanting to just come out the gates and not negotiate and pay whatever is asked. Just threw up in my mouth at the idea of you going to LCFC and going “name your price for slab head” and then responding “100m” and you immediately agreeing.
    Post edited by XxRichiexRichxX on
  • Sellish
    10054 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone know if you can watch a replay of the pre season games on the app?
    Won't be able to watch it live because of work.
  • Gervonta
    4111 posts National Call-Up
    Really wouldn’t mind SMS to replace pogba, hope there’s some truth in the rumours.
  • Sellish
    10054 posts Has That Special Something
    A month left on the transfer window.

Lets say we manage 2 (max 3) signings. Who would you like?

I think Bruno is vital. Its a must for us.
    Second I think Longstaff if we get his 50m price down atleast 50%.
  • TakeItSlow
    9208 posts League Winner
    Sellish wrote: »

4 weeks left, a signing a week? ;)
  • Apollo
    19565 posts World Class

I'm still hoping for the four signings - 3 midfielders and a CB. Just hoping that we're able to get our targets

Bruno, Longstaff, (looking like) SMS and Maguire
  • Apollo
    19565 posts World Class
    edited July 2019
    Wrong thread :D
  • Kman
    3188 posts National Call-Up
    So do we think Bruno deal is dependent on Pogba? Seems to have gone very quiet on that front..
  • TakeItSlow
    9208 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »

I'm still hoping for the four signings - 3 midfielders and a CB. Just hoping that we're able to get our targets

I think you're in cloud cuckoo land if you think you'll be spending another £240M on those 4 players in the next 4 weeks.
  • Apollo
    19565 posts World Class
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

I think you're in cloud cuckoo land if you think you'll be spending another £240M on those 4 players in the next 4 weeks.

You do realise we'll likely be selling Pogba and Lukaku? SMS is only if Pogba goes, if he doesn't then you can remove him from that list.
  • TakeItSlow
    9208 posts League Winner

You do realise we'll likely be selling Pogba and Lukaku? SMS is only if Pogba goes, if he doesn't then you can remove him from that list.

I don't care, the length of time you took to complete the AWB deal you aren't getting 240m worth of players done in the next 4 weeks :joy:

Bruno Fernandes would've been done by now.

You'll end up getting someone like Lemina, Longstaff and maybe Maguire if you stump up £80M.
  • Apollo
    19565 posts World Class

I don't care, the length of time you took to complete the AWB deal you aren't getting 240m worth of players done in the next 4 weeks :joy:

Bruno Fernandes would've been done by now.

You'll end up getting someone like Lemina, Longstaff and maybe Maguire if you stump up £80M.

I at no point said it was likely. I said "just hoping that we're able to get our targets". Regardless of who the midfielders are, no way we get only 2 midfielders if Pogba goes. Two if he doesn't, three if he does.
  • Apollo
    19565 posts World Class
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Bruno/SMS and a CB

Don't want Longstaff for 50m. Price is a bit absurd for someone that's barely step foot in the PL.
  • ViVaWhom
    8781 posts League Winner
    £60m first instalment :joy:

Who do you think you’re trying to sell here? Lukaku is only worth around £50m in my eyes anyway. I think you’d do well to actually recoup that for him.

Inter just signed Barella for 45m so doubt they can offer that much up front.

pure nonsense, Lukakus goal scoring record is up there, if Morata is going for 60m, lukaku is worth over 70m

why would we be desperate to sell lukaku, he is like the least of our problems right now, if inter want him cough up the money or go away
  • Kman
    3188 posts National Call-Up
    I’d pay £15m max for Longstaff.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain

I'm not talking about this season alone. Look at how many CB's rejected us over the last couple of seasons. Boateng, Godin, Varane, etc...Mourinho even supposedly called Kante when he was at LCFC in an attempt to get him to chose United and it didn't work. Those are just the ones off the top of my head, but there's definitely plenty of examples over the last 3 years. So no it's not always come down to the offers, there are several examples of the players themselves saying they don't want to come to United or choosing other destinations. We just aren't an appealing club so the top players right now. We need a successful season playing good football to really get back on track. Some of the players reportedly didn't want to come in previous season because of the style we played.

The only real Low ball offer was with Palace. James we bid 10m and signed him for 15m, 70m+ bids for 2 CB's are lowball offers? LOLOLOL stop.

Like I said... glad you don't run transfers... we'd be getting rinsed left and right with you wanting to just come out the gates and not negotiate and pay whatever is asked. Just threw up in my mouth at the idea of you going to LCFC and going “name your price for slab head” and then responding “100m” and you immediately agreeing.

Typical Richard, trying to twist the story. Take the loss on the chin like a man. Rambling on about previous seasons, when it's was obvious you were referring to this season, got it wrong! :joy: Low ball offers or not, the fact remains that we were rejected by multiple clubs, have drawn out transfers, when it wasn't needed. I wouldn't go near Maguire for 100m, never said I would. You could get the likes of Kouilbally for another 20m, but if Ole is dead set on Maguire and he should be backed. Even if the worst came to the worst, Maguire flopped at 100m, it shouldn't matter to a club the size of United.
  • TakeItSlow
    9208 posts League Winner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

Who do you think you’re trying to sell here? Lukaku is only worth around £50m in my eyes anyway. I think you’d do well to actually recoup that for him.

pure nonsense, Lukakus goal scoring record is up there, if Morata is going for 60m, lukaku is worth over 70m

why would we be desperate to sell lukaku, he is like the least of our problems right now, if inter want him cough up the money or go away

Up there with Rondon and Ayoze Perez yeah.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited July 2019

Typical Richard, trying to twist the story. Take the loss on the chin like a man. Rambling on about previous seasons, when it's was obvious you were referring to this season, got it wrong! :joy: Low ball offers or not, the fact remains that we were rejected by multiple clubs, have drawn out transfers, when it wasn't needed. I wouldn't go near Maguire for 100m, never said I would. You could get the likes of Kouilbally for another 20m, but if Ole is dead set on Maguire and he should be backed. Even if the worst came to the worst, Maguire flopped at 100m, it shouldn't matter to a club the size of United.

Lmao... what are you talking about? I said "host of rejections" and you took it to assume I meant this season alone, you assumed wrong...it's been an on going issue for years now, that's actual fact. LOL... of course we were rejected by a host of clubs... again that's part of negotiations. No one goes in and get's their first bid accepted everytime. :lol::lol:

De Ligt was brought up specifically because you seem to think the answer is to toss more money at players, and I mentioned him because he rejected our money and is likely taking less at Juve assuming that signing happens.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

Up there with Rondon and Ayoze Perez yeah.

Lukaku is not as terrible a ST as you're making him out to be. Sure his touch is awful, but the guy is a goal scorer and has proved that with every team he's played for and at the NT level. And he'd be perfect for a Serie A team.