Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• HysxteriA
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    Keano wrote: »
    Toby is fantastic, but i'm not sure he compliments Lindelof in the best way (that's the issue imo), plus Ole wants a cb that'll be around for 4-5 years, instead of having to get another in a year or twos time... not saying I agree with it but that's what I think he's seeing.
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Happy to skip out on Toby but we need to get a move on for Maguire

We have Thursday and Friday this week and nothing these 3 days not even any bids made. Again all rumours and heresay. Needs to be movement.
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    4 signings needed, 29 days.

Probably will begin to panic when we get to under 2 weeks but for now still hopeful
  • HysxteriA

Probably will begin to panic when we get to under 2 weeks but for now still hopeful

Look how long it took to do the AWB deal. Can't say as I'm sharing spirits with you on this one but I hope you're right. Very surprised to see no movement this week.
  • Ahmer50x
  • Tornado31619
    35017 posts World Cup Winner
    It is nearly four months since Manchester United lost 4-0 at Everton through a performance Ole Gunnar Solskjær could only describe as “so bad I can’t describe it” and which Paul Pogba, a man well placed to judge, condemned as “disrespectful” of the club. Both agreed the best thing about the experience was that it gave United an excellent opportunity to prove their enduring class by bouncing back in style. They have not gone so far as to win a match since then, but they did hold Huddersfield to a draw in May and, after Cardiff inflicted another setback on the last day of the season, they went unbeaten throughout the Women’s World Cup, the Epsom Derby, the Canadian Grand Prix and a good chunk of Wimbledon. If that doesn’t keep the club’s official ornamental hatstand suppliers happy, then Ed Woodward needs to have a serious word about reasonable expectations!

This can’t be real :lol:
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Toby is fantastic, but i'm not sure he compliments Lindelof in the best way (that's the issue imo), plus Ole wants a cb that'll be around for 4-5 years, instead of having to get another in a year or twos time... not saying I agree with it but that's what I think he's seeing.

This the main reason we won't move on him. We have a team full of players who do his role at Spurs. Lindelof regarded as our best CB and Axel who could break through are just two. Lindelof would get exposed so much. It's not the extremes of some signings we made but we got to stick to the profile that fits the role regardless if there may be a player considered better but who doesn't fit the profile.
  • Sellish
    10206 posts Has That Special Something

We do love a good nickname!
  • WelshWizard
    Unless we get suitable quality to replace Matic I'd much rather keep him. The group will hold more value than individuals and you can down play the importance of experience he has but in a transition period it is very useful especially if we sign new young Mids and with the likes of Garner coming through.

Money and we have suitable targets then he can go. I don't want random player swaps even if they would be useful on Fifa. :D The team has been told the plans as we have seen with what Herrera said and the wanting out from Pogba and Lukaku, Matic may want to go if his role is lessen so I have no issue with him going. I bet Ole and Mick have returned to the old squad depth cards and there are plans in place on how to manage potential outcomes it's then solely lies with Ed and Judge.
  • WelshWizard
    edited July 2019

Surprised Jones hasn't injured himself or even worse someone else yet.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Apollo wrote: »

Looks like that deal is happening, can't see us replacing Lukaku.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2019
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »

Looks like that deal is happening, can't see us replacing Lukaku.

Agreed, I don't think we will either. Rightly or wrongly, depending on your opinion, it looks like Rashford and Greenwood will be our two strikers this season imo with Martial filling in in case of an injury crisis.

I'm very happy that Rashford is being given the chance to continue being our number 1 striker going forward, and I want Greenwood to be given chances as well but it is a slight worry that he'd be our second choice purely because of his tendency to get injured. Will have to hope he can stay fit, he definitely has the quality to make the step up if he can imo.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2019

@Ahmer50x You wondered if that was why the Lemina reports started
  • Ahmer50x
    It’s Ashley. That just means they want more money.

As to Lukaku, spend that money on a new midfielder. We are fine at striker.
  • Keano
    20627 posts Club Captain

Midfield we have...

Matic, Mctominay, Fred & Pogba. Garner & Gomes potentially.

Not including Mata/Lingard as they're used on the right.

Strikers we have... (not including Lukaku); Rashford, Martial can play there & if the more clinical, just better on the wing due to space to dribble, Sanchez & Greenwood.

So i'd agree... problem is we supposedly have 200m before sales, having the cash isn't our issue... it's somehow finding targets & getting the deals done.
  • HysxteriA
    edited July 2019

Midfield we have...

Strikers we have... (not including Lukaku); Rashford, Martial can play there & if the more clinical, just better on the wing due to space to dribble, Sanchez & Greenwood.

So i'd agree... problem is we supposedly have 200m before sales, having the cash isn't our issue... it's somehow finding targets & getting the deals done.

Fernandez, Milinkovic Savic and Saul to name but 3, tielemans could have possibly been one, the options are there it's just the board are incompetent at doing anything other than sat on their ❤️❤️❤️❤️ most likely debating it but not actually doing it. Bunch of chimps honestly. I wouldn't be against the idea of Isco in a part deal for pogba as well as we'de still receive a slab of cash for him regardless and everytime I've watched isco he has been very impressive. The players are out there, just two useless ❤️❤️❤️❤️ trying to run it.
  • Keano
    20627 posts Club Captain
    HysxteriA wrote: »

Midfield we have...

Fernandez, Milinkovic Savic and Saul to name but 3, tielemans could have possibly been one, the options are there it's just the board are incompetent at doing anything other than sat on their **** most likely debating it but not actually doing it. Bunch of chimps honestly. I wouldn't be against the idea of Isco in a part deal for pogba as well as we'de still receive a slab of cash for him regardless and everytime I've watched isco he has been very impressive. The players are out there, just two useless **** trying to run it.

oh 100% I'm not saying the targets arn't there, but that we either somehow can't seem to nail on a target & if we have them, we somehow don't even bid or try to sign them before they go elsewhere.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    36173 posts World Cup Winner

We aren’t signing 4 players. Not until Pogba and/or Lukaku are actually gone. And even then I don’t see us signing in 4 more players this window.
    HysxteriA wrote: »

Look how long it took to do the AWB deal. Can't say as I'm sharing spirits with you on this one but I hope you're right. Very surprised to see no movement this week.

It wS already confirmed the biggest hold up in the AWB deal was CPFC with them fighting to get Zaha’s sell on clause removed. Glad the club didn’t bend over to those demands.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    edited July 2019

Do we really have 200m before sales? I've my doubts, surely we wouldn't be haggling over prices for so long, if that was true. The longer this window goes on, the more I think the board has lost faith in Ole, they're only going to give him the bare minimum with regards to transfers. Ed is setting Ole up to fail, much the same as what he done with Mourinho last summer.
  • Ahmer50x
    edited July 2019

“#Lazio direct line to the Man Utd for #MilinkovicSavic . Not yet an official proposal but Manchester has made itself available to shell out 80 million. Lotito asks for at least 100. ”

Winterburn retweeting.
  • Tornado31619
    Here’s hoping.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    36173 posts World Cup Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »

Do we really have 200m before sales? I've my doubts, surely we wouldn't be haggling over prices for so long, if that was true. The longer this window goes on, the more I think the board has lost faith in Ole, they're only going to give him the bare minimum with regards to transfers. Ed is setting Ole up to fail, much the same as what he done with Mourinho last summer.

Genuinely may the most pessimistic person in this thread.
  • Inter cannot afford Lukaku even if the club was open to selling. If Lukaku is sold, it would be against Ole's wishes.

Madrid can also not afford Pogba without breaking some rules.

Every player we go in for, clubs spike the transfer fee by 200%. So its only right that United do the same.
  • Mike
    10550 posts Has That Special Something
    Wasn’t SMS really average this year?
  • Ahmer50x
    edited July 2019
    Mike wrote: »
    Wasn’t SMS really average this year?

From what I've heard, he was played deeper and became a more rounded player than he was before. As part of that, his goals fell off somewhat.
  • Tornado31619
    He could work as our 3rd midfielder. Heck, if we sign Bruno, they could interchange due to their versatility.
  • Wyojasond
    19234 posts World Class
    SMS was the hot name last season, but seems like he’s everyone’s 2nd or 3rd option this year.

Can’t say I’ve seen him play much, but will be interesting to follow. Lazio might want to cash in for sure, worried they might see another subpar season from him.
  • Ahmer50x
    He could work as our 3rd midfielder. Heck, if we sign Bruno, they could interchange due to their versatility.

Assuming the initial plan was Longstaff most defensive, Pogba box to box, and Bruno a little further forward, if we signed him, he'd be a pretty like for like replacement for Pogba in that middle midfielder spot.

SMS obviously won't contribute as much as Pogba moving forward but is better defensively. I'd be very very happy to send the virus to Madrid and grab him instead.