Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class
    I honestly don't even think you can blame the Glazers for us not getting signings done faster. I just think Woodward is grossly incompetent at his job.
  • Cyodine
    1464 posts Professional

Real Madrid has more pulling power than United. They also have CL and have been very successful in the CL. I dont know why these articles are even written because United is in a more dire situation than Real Madrid. Their biggest problem is trying to offload Bale.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31868 posts National Team Captain
    Cyodine wrote: »

Real Madrid has more pulling power than United. They also have CL and have been very successful in the CL. I dont know why these articles are even written because United is in a more dire situation than Real Madrid. Their biggest problem is trying to offload Bale.

They also still have a world class squad.
  • Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class

"Last season he made more tackles (129) and interceptions (84) than any defender in the Premier League – nobody can shut down an entire flank as effectively as Wan-Bissaka."

Fun little read for anyone who hasn't come across it yet!
  • Low Ki
    11784 posts Has That Special Something
    Going to be strange if we buy AWB and not get a RW. Hes definitely a more pragmatic player in style.

Plus we're being linked with a fair few central mids. Could we be transitioning to a midfield diamond?
  • Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Going to be strange if we buy AWB and not get a RW. Hes definitely a more pragmatic player in style.

Plus we're being linked with a fair few central mids. Could we be transitioning to a midfield diamond?

Reporting has been pretty clear that we're going 4-3-3.

Most credible reports say James is our RW signing, but there are a handful that suggest we may also go in for a more experienced RW player.

Personally, I don't see us signing anyone else at winger. I think Ole wants Jadon Sancho and is willing to wait for him next year.
  • Low Ki
    Thought James was a natural LW.
  • Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class
    Thought James was a natural LW.

"It’s important you can play different positions, this year I’ve played left, right and I’ve played up top and I have enjoyed all three." -Daniel James

Having said that, you're right that he's played mostly on the left.

I think we probably start with him on the right and then if Ole gets frustrated with Martial, we'll see Lingard come in on the right and James moved to the left.
  • Low Ki
    The midfield diamond is where Ole got the most out of our team though, when he was playing Pogba and Herrera together. It's only weakness was being anchored by Matic, but it still managed to save us from Young being constantly exposed like the 433 did.
  • Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class
    The midfield diamond is where Ole got the most out of our team though, when he was playing Pogba and Herrera together. It's only weakness was being anchored by Matic, but it still managed to save us from Young being constantly exposed like the 433 did.

"nobody can shut down an entire flank as effectively as Wan-Bissaka"

So no need to worry about that anymore :blush:
  • Gervonta
    3817 posts National Call-Up
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7145835/Man-United-pay-Rashford-350K-scare-Madrid-Barcelona.html

Just paper talk but , if he even dare asks for stupid money I’d sell him.

150k max with goal + assist bonus incentives
  • ViVaWhom
    8103 posts League Winner
    The midfield diamond is where Ole got the most out of our team though, .

no it really was not...
  • Low Ki
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

no it really was not...

Tottenham would disagree.
  • Gervonta
    The diamond was awful 90% of the time tbh , 4-3-3 was our best option.
  • Apollo
    14861 posts Has That Special Something
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

no it really was not...

Tottenham would disagree.

That game was a one off designed to exploit a tactical weakness that Ole/Phelan saw in Tottenham's system. On a consistent basis though our best football was in the 433. By far imo.
  • Gervonta
    Tbh we wouldn’t of brought James if we weren’t going to play a formation with wingers.

I’ve got the feeling OGS see’s James as the right winger and the AWB signing is because he’s great defensively so James Could stay higher up the pitch ready for counter attacks , just my theory I could be wrong.
  • Low Ki
    edited June 16
    He played the diamond with Dabgard as a false nine flanked by wingers. Even Lukaku was working the wings.
  • Gervonta
    I think it’s funny he’s likely to choose PSG over Barcelona :joy:

• Tornado31619
    16911 posts World Class
    I find it sad TBH.
  • Sellish
    9167 posts League Winner
    Imagine the scenes if we are the ones to sign him B)
  • Gervonta
    Sellish wrote: »
    Imagine the scenes if we are the ones to sign him B)

I’d rather not tbh.

Reports today say us and Barcelona are unwilling to match PSG’s 17m a year offer.

Completely stupid money tbh.
  • Gervonta
  • Tornado31619
    16911 posts World Class
    If PSG want Pogba, can they give us de Ligt? :trollface:

Surprised they haven’t been linked with him TBH.
  • wth22
    10002 posts Has That Special Something
    Ideally didn't want him gone with so many players to buy already but if that's his thoughts good riddance.

Virus indeed.
  • Keano
    13411 posts Has That Special Something
    Off you pop the Paul, Tielemens and fernandes, we will survive. Had better players with less ego leave and still been fine.
  • Tornado31619
    16911 posts World Class
    Wouldn’t go so far as to call him a virus, but if he wants to leave then it’s best that he does before he actually becomes one.
  • Apollo
    14861 posts Has That Special Something
    Keano wrote: »
    Off you pop the Paul, Tielemens and fernandes, we will survive. Had better players with less ego leave and still been fine.

Yep. As much as I wanted him to stay, he's now actually saying he wants to go somewhere else now. Can't have him here if he doesn't want to be here. Get a sensible bid for him and let him go. Like you say, Tielemans and Fernandes please Ed.
  • Tornado31619
    16911 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »

Go on now, go. Walk out the door
    Just turn around now, 'cause you're not welcome anymore
    Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye?
    Did you think I'd crumble?
    Did you think I'd lay down and die?

Oh, no, not I
    I will survive
    Oh, as long as I know who to sign I know I'll stay alive
    I've got all my life to live
    I've got all my wages to give
    And I'll survive
    I will survive, hey, hey