Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Cyodine
    963 posts Semi-Pro
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Rabiot is available on a free. Yes we'd have to deal with his mum, but she's fickle enough that all he needs to do is win over the fans and generate some chants. Then she'd be proud that they love her boy.

He's free, if you can get him, then I don't see much of an issue. If he doesn't pan out, then you can sell him and get back most of your wages if not all that you would have paid him. As long as his wages are reasonable but from what I've seen at a PSG wage list, he was getting about 60k a week. So he was on the low end of that wage list of PSG.
  • Kman
    2567 posts Fans' Favourite
    I do imo.

Martial has a very questionable attitude, worth ethic, mentality. Has largely been inconsistent with us. Ultimately not a reliable choice.

Rashford id say has the right attitude and work ethic, but ultimately inconsistent and questionable finishing.

Greenwood is still 17 and ultimately a gamble as to whether he’s truly ready and if called upon whether he’s ready to start most games at ST.

I think overall the risk is too great to rely on those three next season as options. We’ve seen this last season what it’s like to have Martial and Rashford both clicking and on form, for it to both disappear at the same exact time and neither able to find that form again for the remainder of a season.

From OGS point of view, there’s going to be a lot of pressure for him to deliver, obviously it’s not expected of him to win the title or whatever, but it’s definitely going to be expected to get results and finish with UCL, the man needs some assurances that we can get goals for his own job security. We can’t afford another 9+ hours without goals from open play. That has literally cost us UCL. I don’t see how anyone can argue that we shouldn’t address it. Imo, he’s got to do so by bringing in another ST with Lukaku going out. I think we can all agree that OGS will likely get sacked if we don’t get UCL next season.

Rather have 2 true 9 options, than 2 wingers that can play ST (but will hang out on the wing all game) and 1 9 that’s got a lack of first team experience as a back up option.

Who do you buy?

• Gervonta
    3526 posts National Call-Up
    Kman wrote: »
    I do imo.

Martial has a very questionable attitude, worth ethic, mentality. Has largely been inconsistent with us. Ultimately not a reliable choice.

Rashford id say has the right attitude and work ethic, but ultimately inconsistent and questionable finishing.

Greenwood is still 17 and ultimately a gamble as to whether he’s truly ready and if called upon whether he’s ready to start most games at ST.

I think overall the risk is too great to rely on those three next season as options. We’ve seen this last season what it’s like to have Martial and Rashford both clicking and on form, for it to both disappear at the same exact time and neither able to find that form again for the remainder of a season.

From OGS point of view, there’s going to be a lot of pressure for him to deliver, obviously it’s not expected of him to win the title or whatever, but it’s definitely going to be expected to get results and finish with UCL, the man needs some assurances that we can get goals for his own job security. We can’t afford another 9+ hours without goals from open play. That has literally cost us UCL. I don’t see how anyone can argue that we shouldn’t address it. Imo, he’s got to do so by bringing in another ST with Lukaku going out. I think we can all agree that OGS will likely get sacked if we don’t get UCL next season.

Rather have 2 true 9 options, than 2 wingers that can play ST (but will hang out on the wing all game) and 1 9 that’s got a lack of first team experience as a back up option.

Who do you buy?

Honestly , I’d love icardi , he has his problems yes but he knows where the back of the net is and that’s what we need.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    30562 posts National Team Captain
    edited May 25
    I do imo.

Who do you buy?

I mean the whole point of what I was saying is that we SHOULD be looking to bring in a ST if Lukaku leaves.

I’d love Jovic, Griezmann, or an Icardi swap if I had the choice of anyone.

But Dembele is a good young cheap alternative. Doesn’t necessarily have to be a big name, just someone that can step in when Rashford isn’t firing them in (assuming he’s still playing ST)
  • Gervonta
    I do imo.

Who do you buy?

I mean the whole point of what I was saying is that we SHOULD be looking to bring in a ST if Lukaku leaves.

I’d love Jovic, Griezmann, or an Icardi swap if I had the choice of anyone.

But Dembele is a good young cheap alternative. Doesn’t necessarily have to be a big name, just someone that can step in when Rashford isn’t firing them in (assuming he’s still playing ST)

What are your thoughts on timo werner ? Seemingly available this summer and knows where the back of the net is.
  • Apollo
    10708 posts Has That Special Something

Good stuff :blush: Seems like all parties think this is the best option
  • ViVaWhom
    7117 posts Big Money Move
    and we get to play against their 2nd keeper, so even a bigger win
  • Low Ki
    11469 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 25
    Memphis is leaving Lyon. Chances he's returning to us? :lol:

• Keano
    11352 posts Has That Special Something
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Memphis is leaving Lyon. Chances he's returning to us? :lol:

He's a LW/St isn't he (Lyon moved him into the st role this year), so not sure how i'd feel about it unless he was playing ST & interchanging with Rashford, knowing Lukaku would be off.

We don't need a LW if the Daniel James stories are right & he's coming, & we don't need a striker if Lukaku is staying... add in a good RW & a competent attacking RB & we'll have a lot more service & not have teams defending our left side because they know it's only Young on the right.
  • Ahmer50x
    13980 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 25
    Judging by the obscene amount of red in that picture, my guess is either Milan, Bayern, or Liverpool.

No links to us and don’t see where he’d fit here tbh

Could be Atletico too? They need to replace Griezmann
  • Apollo
    Hope hes not coming back to us, we need a first choice RW, which isn't his position, or a backup striker, which he wouldn't be happy being.
  • Tornado31619
    14937 posts World Class
    I do imo.

Who do you buy?

Griezmann. He's experienced enough for Greenwood to learn from and just the right age for allowing Greenwood to start for us when he is ready. Jovic is too expensive (the 90m, not the 60m) and Icardi is too troublesome (besides, he wants Real, and we know how that usually goes for us).
  • Gervonta
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Judging by the obscene amount of red in that picture, my guess is either Milan, Bayern, or Liverpool.

Judging by the race flag in his story after that he could easily just be going to the Monaco Grand Prix if I’m honest.
  • Gervonta
    edited May 25
    Gervonta wrote: »

Judging by the race flag in his story after that he could easily just be going to the Monaco Grand Prix if I’m honest.

Seems like he’s only gone to Rotterdam , someone got to excited and decided to track his plane , no need to guess who he supports :joy:

• Ahmer50x
    PSG extend Tuchel.

Mourinho is actually gonna be unemployed next season :lol:
  • Apollo
    Purely from a football perspective, the weekend is frustrating during the transfer window. :sweat_smile: Very little is ever announced over the weekend, just waiting for Monday to see Tuanzebe play again and hopefully get something confirmed next week
  • Retro_G
    26974 posts Player of the Year

• forearms
    4219 posts National Call-Up
    I dont see de Ligt signing with us over Barcelona. It would be an enormous surprise to me. No matter what the latest tweets say.
  • Ahmer50x
    forearms wrote: »
    I dont see de Ligt signing with us over Barcelona. It would be an enormous surprise to me. No matter what the latest tweets say.

Agreed, but it would be the greatest surprise of the window.
  • Tornado31619
    14937 posts World Class

And certainly the greatest post-Fergie signing.
  • Ahmer50x

Eh idk about that

There are different ways to judge greatness of signings.

Zlatan for free was great, Blind was super cheap, Lindelof and Shaw are starting to pan out, and Martial may still prove to be a bargain.

It’s hard to judge greatest signings until you have hindsight.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    PSG extend Tuchel.

Mourinho is actually gonna be unemployed next season :lol:

I'm not going to lie... I kind of want to see how everyone's theory pan's out with Mourinho at City, should the rumors of Pep to Juve are true.
  • Apollo
    edited May 25
    R.e. De Ligt

tenor.gif?itemid=14046382
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Apollo wrote: »
    R.e. De Ligt

:lol:
  • Alex02
    2613 posts Fans' Favourite

Eh idk about that

There are different ways to judge greatness of signings.

Zlatan for free was great, Blind was super cheap, Lindelof and Shaw are starting to pan out, and Martial may still prove to be a bargain.

It’s hard to judge greatest signings until you have hindsight.
  • Apollo
    edited May 25
    Apollo wrote: »
    R.e. De Ligt

I'm not getting my hopes up in the slightest. Never once thought he wasn't going to Barca. There's a Thanos gif/quote for every occasion :D
  • Ahmer50x
    It’s RAC1 reporting he’s close to United.

They’re a garbage source. No value to it.
  • Apollo
    It’s RAC1 reporting he’s close to United.

They’re a garbage source. No value to it.

Exactly. Thanos knows what he's talking about. Reality is often disappointing :D
  • Pxul_
    7131 posts Big Money Move
    I am inevitable
  • Ahmer50x

Not perfect but a pretty damn good guide for the summer as far as I know.

Not familiar with some of the foreign sources but generally seems right direction