Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Apollo
    11694 posts Has That Special Something

ASHLEY YOUNG IS NOT IN THE SQUAD. I REPEAT, ASHLEY YOUNG IS NOT IN THE SQUAD
  • Keano
    11719 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »

Its time to push him into that back up lb role and if he cant accept it,get rid.
  • Ahmer50x
    14772 posts Has That Special Something

He’ll still be in the starting XI somehow :lol:
  • Apollo
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Probably :D
  • Keano

Tbf with the players reprredly injured or with illness theyd go to the Lowry hotel without them, then the player would either sneak in late at night/early morning or have a driver take them to meet the squad. Very unlikely for Young, but just incase they’re trolling us 😂
  • Gervonta
    3591 posts National Call-Up
    Scenes when the camera goes live in the tunnel and young is standing there with the arm band on ready for another start after deceiving everyone by making his own way to the game.
  • Sellish
    8353 posts League Winner
    Either he is injuried or involved.
  • Keano
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Scenes when the camera goes live in the tunnel and young is standing there with the arm band on ready for another start after deceiving everyone by making his own way to the game.

Went to the megastore and bought his own kit, then turned up to the dressing room with a foney captains armband just to hope nobody would call him out to play 😂
  • Apollo
    Sellish wrote: »

Yeah no manager drops a player from an entire squad due to playing poorly, it just doesn't happen. They'll be benched or still part of the squad at least. For him to not be involved full stop, like you say he's either injured or just arriving late and will be involved.

• Keano

Yeah no manager drops a player from an entire squad due to playing poorly, it just doesn't happen. They'll be benched or still part of the squad at least. For him to not be involved full stop, like you say he's either injured or just arriving late and will be involved.

Unless he’s one of the players ole has spoke to and knows he’s out, highly doubt it but yeah, leaving a player out down to a bad performance in this day and age is pretty much like saying you’re done here.
  • Keano
    Couchy wrote: »

That means saying bye to players who are nice guys but not good enough as well though. You’re not paying someone 100k a week to be a nice guy so hopefully he clears them out too.
  • Sellish
    8353 posts League Winner
    edited April 20
    Couchy wrote: »

I get the feeling that other people in the club have convinced him to play the likes of Mata, Young, Alexis and so on and now he have decided to stop caring about contracts, money and likeable people and now only focusing on what you bring to the table.
    If that means take youth and form them after your system, perfect.

Did hope to see Greenwood instead of Alexis after that quote tho.
  • Ahmer50x
    Words are meaningless if Darmian, Young, Matic and Alexis start tomorrow :lol:
  • Keano

Only way i would take alexis is if he isRW sowe can play martial and rashford... darmian could play if hes playing rb/lb so dalot can play fullback as their isnt another.
  • Apollo

We need Darmian to start at LB tomorrow so Young doesn't, don't think he should be in a category with the other 3 imo
  • ViVaWhom
    7223 posts Big Money Move
    i still wanna see alexis tbh, we are stuck with him and if he magically does reproduce arsenal perf it would be incredible boost
  • Keano
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    i still wanna see alexis tbh, we are stuck with him and if he magically does reproduce arsenal perf it would be incredible boost

More so if he got it till the end of the season. Would recoup the money by getting CL
  • Teh Zombz
    3553 posts National Call-Up
    are greenwoods numbers normal for a talented youngster? GP:44 GS:48 A:13

i don't watch youth football but that seems insane even if it is just against other youngsters
  • Sellish
    8353 posts League Winner
    edited April 20
    Teh Zombz wrote: »

i don't watch youth football but that seems insane even if it is just against other youngsters

Can't remember Rashfords numbers but Greenwood seems to be slightly better then him when he burst onto the scene.

Rashford got talent but he also have elite mentality, have no idea how Greenwood is.
  • Keano
    edited April 21

Can't remember Rashfords numbers but Greenwood seems to be slightly better then him when he burst onto the scene.

Rashford got talent but he also have elite mentality, have no idea how Greenwood is.

From what I remember Greenwood tramples Rashfords numbers, the thing will be more can he hack it mentally, he needs a strong minded player alongside him to keep him on the grind rather than on and off like the rest of the squad. He didnt feature much for the youth team bedore being picked, it was he performed well in one of the games Giggsy went to check and then got called up.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    30872 posts National Team Captain

So Darmian is alive then.
  • Ahmer50x
    Keano wrote: »

From what I remember Greenwood tramples Rashfords numbers, the thing will be more can he hack it mentally, he needs a strong minded player alongside him to keep him on the grind rather than on and off like the rest of the squad. He didnt feature much for the youth team bedore being picked, it was he performed well in one of the games Giggsy went to check and then got called up.

I know Rashford and Lingard are more senior, but every academy player needs to be looking up to Scott McTominay IMO
  • Ahmer50x

Woodward’s leaking was that we’re signing more than the usual 3 and Ole’s said he wants less than 6.

Atleast we know for sure now, it’s gonna be 4 or 5 signings.
  • Keano
    Keano wrote: »

I know Rashford and Lingard are more senior, but every academy player needs to be looking up to Scott McTominay IMO

That attitude yeah. Lingard as much as i like him isnt a leader or someone to motivate, much to focused on having a laugh or fun regardless of if things are going right. Rashford doesnt seem as straight and narrow for that mentality either.

Woodward’s leaking was that we’re signing more than the usual 3 and Ole’s said he wants less than 6.

Atleast we know for sure now, it’s gonna be 4 or 5 signings.

Need 5, will take 4 though, but they better be good signings not just money signings or cheap alternatives.
  • Gervonta
    KK , zaha/Lozano/Sancho , Rice

I’d be happy with 3 tbh. Eventhough we could use 6+ and a massive dead wood clear out it won’t happen in one window so those three would be a good start.

• Low Ki
    11556 posts Has That Special Something
    Lozano :lol:

This season must've shaved a few tens of millions off his value. It's like a switch is randomly thrown in his head and he tunes out. Bergwijn has outshined him this year at PSV from what I've seen.
  • Gervonta
    Low Ki wrote: »

This season must've shaved a few tens of millions off his value. It's like a switch is randomly thrown in his head and he tunes out. Bergwijn has outshined him this year at PSV from what I've seen.

21 goals 11 assists in all comps why would he have millions shaved off his value this season?
  • Low Ki
    11556 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 21
    Gervonta wrote: »

21 goals 11 assists in all comps why would he have millions shaved off his value this season?

Because hes become very selfish compared to last season. Feels like the hype of a move gone to his head and hes playing like Depay 2.0 to raise his stock as much as possible to the detriment of team performance.

Right now I'd say hes got all the makings of a midtable team star but nowhere near what Man Utd should be aiming for.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19224 posts World Class
    Lozano is a better choice than Sancho