Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • FUTRocky77
    1134 posts Professional
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

    Discussions with Madrid over anyone or anything should not begin until DDG has signed a new contract.

    Feels so weird that we were a fax machine away from selling De gea
  • wth22
    9487 posts League Winner
    Really doubt Real will be in for Dave when they already have a problem of riches in goal.
  • Ahmer50x
    14870 posts Has That Special Something
    Tbh, I think the only reason he hasn’t pushed for a move again so far is the abuse he gets from Spanish media. Has seemingly decided it is better to be loved in Manchester than to be harangued in Madrid.
  • wth22
    9487 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Tbh, I think the only reason he hasn’t pushed for a move again so far is the abuse he gets from Spanish media. Has seemingly decided it is better to be loved in Manchester than to be harangued in Madrid.

    True, he could run over a puppy and he'd still be a demigod here, but one mistake for the NT and everyone hates him. Probably saw what happened to the likes of Ronaldo and Bale.

    Plus Real's interest will have cooled down after buying Courtois.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    30917 posts National Team Captain
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Tbh, I think the only reason he hasn’t pushed for a move again so far is the abuse he gets from Spanish media. Has seemingly decided it is better to be loved in Manchester than to be harangued in Madrid.

    True, he could run over a puppy and he'd still be a demigod here, but one mistake for the NT and everyone hates him. Probably saw what happened to the likes of Ronaldo and Bale.

    Plus Real's interest will have cooled down after buying Courtois.

    Yes but Zidane didn’t want Courtois when he was in charge, and wanted DDG. That’s where all the rumors are coming from since he’s back and has ultimately been promised signings of his choice
  • Ahmer50x
    14870 posts Has That Special Something
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Tbh, I think the only reason he hasn’t pushed for a move again so far is the abuse he gets from Spanish media. Has seemingly decided it is better to be loved in Manchester than to be harangued in Madrid.

    True, he could run over a puppy and he'd still be a demigod here, but one mistake for the NT and everyone hates him. Probably saw what happened to the likes of Ronaldo and Bale.

    Plus Real's interest will have cooled down after buying Courtois.

    Yes but Zidane didn’t want Courtois when he was in charge, and wanted DDG. That’s where all the rumors are coming from since he’s back and has ultimately been promised signings of his choice

    Zidane also loves Navas so let’s see how it shakes out.
  • Wz000
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 19
    So RM would basically have 3 of the best keepers on what I’m assuming would be a large wage bill. Doubt Courtios will want to leave just having got there. Seems unrealistic, but let’s hope the club does its part by tying DDG down with a new contract.
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Tbh, I think the only reason he hasn’t pushed for a move again so far is the abuse he gets from Spanish media. Has seemingly decided it is better to be loved in Manchester than to be harangued in Madrid.

    True, he could run over a puppy and he'd still be a demigod here, but one mistake for the NT and everyone hates him. Probably saw what happened to the likes of Ronaldo and Bale.

    Plus Real's interest will have cooled down after buying Courtois.

    Yes but Zidane didn’t want Courtois when he was in charge, and wanted DDG. That’s where all the rumors are coming from since he’s back and has ultimately been promised signings of his choice

  • Pietu
    904 posts Semi-Pro
    If Varane is available you should go in on that and maybe even throw a Tactical Alexis to the deal
  • Keano
    11722 posts Has That Special Something
    Pietu wrote: »
    If Varane is available you should go in on that and maybe even throw a Tactical Alexis to the deal

    Way Alexis has been since he joined us, Madrid will ask for extra cash.
  • Pietu
    904 posts Semi-Pro
    Keano wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    If Varane is available you should go in on that and maybe even throw a Tactical Alexis to the deal

    Way Alexis has been since he joined us, Madrid will ask for extra cash.

    Worth it if they don't ask for much
  • AEsey
    5888 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 19
  • Keano
    11722 posts Has That Special Something
    AEsey wrote: »

    havent posted the status.
  • Sellish
    8369 posts League Winner
    AEsey wrote: »

    Not really.
    Nobody expected him to go and win the FA cup and the UCL + top 4.

    He should get the job and then it's a project started. He needs time just as much as everyone else.
    Sir Alex wasn't a instant success but look how that turned out.
  • wth22
    9487 posts League Winner
    Sellish wrote: »
    AEsey wrote: »

    Not really.
    Nobody expected him to go and win the FA cup and the UCL + top 4.

    He should get the job and then it's a project started. He needs time just as much as everyone else.
    Sir Alex wasn't a instant success but look how that turned out.

    I don't think that's what the tweet means, rather it means Ole was so successful in his first 15 or so games that now people are considering even 2 losses as a "wobble".
  • Sellish
    8369 posts League Winner
    How many "Believe in me" interviews can Alexis do?
    I think I've read 3 just from the club.

    Give it up, you're trash.
  • Couchy
    9111 posts League Winner
    Varane next to Lindelof 🤤 if only. You know Real would want DDG going the other way.
  • El_Nino
    1945 posts Play-Off Hero
    Absolutely no chance you guys get Varane without losing one of your stars, Madrid will be buying not selling
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    30917 posts National Team Captain
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Absolutely no chance you guys get Varane without losing one of your stars, Madrid will be buying not selling

    They’ll 100% be selling a couple of players this summer
  • Keano
    11722 posts Has That Special Something
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Absolutely no chance you guys get Varane without losing one of your stars, Madrid will be buying not selling

    They’ll 100% be selling a couple of players this summer

    Depends on who Zidane rates I suppose, but it might be a lot different this time round as the first time he didn't have this total control.
  • Retro_G
    27421 posts Player of the Year
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Absolutely no chance you guys get Varane without losing one of your stars, Madrid will be buying not selling

    They can have Sanchez.
  • Retro_G
    27421 posts Player of the Year
    Would you take Varane, if it meant DDG went the other way?
  • Apollo
    11787 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Would you take Varane, if it meant DDG went the other way?

    No. De Gea has been so important to us for so many years now, if he left we're not going to find someone as good to replace him. We could get a different CB to Varane, there are loads of options there.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12646 posts Has That Special Something
    The DDG rumour is just a mask for the likelihood that he was promised hazard more than anybody, let's face it... lol.
  • Retro_G
    27421 posts Player of the Year
    Apollo wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Would you take Varane, if it meant DDG went the other way?

    No. De Gea has been so important to us for so many years now, if he left we're not going to find someone as good to replace him. We could get a different CB to Varane, there are loads of options there.

    I feel the same way mate, it's difficult to find a world class keeper.
  • Pxul_
    7197 posts Big Money Move
    Romero is just as good as DDG
  • ViVaWhom
    7247 posts Big Money Move
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Romero is just as good as DDG

    nah, he will be found out in a long run of games

    like he is pretty weak with low shots near his legs
  • FUTRocky77
    1134 posts Professional
    edited March 19
    Romero was good until the goals, thought he should had saved them.
  • Pxul_
    7197 posts Big Money Move
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Romero is just as good as DDG

    nah, he will be found out in a long run of games

    like he is pretty weak with low shots near his legs

    And DDG is pretty weak with long shots. Each goalkeeper has a weakness🤷‍♂️
  • Couchy
    9111 posts League Winner
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Absolutely no chance you guys get Varane without losing one of your stars, Madrid will be buying not selling

    Yeah, we know. As you can tell by our comments
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Romero is just as good as DDG

    nah, he will be found out in a long run of games

    like he is pretty weak with low shots near his legs

    Not sure about ‘found out’ but he was very poor against Wolves but he had been phenomenal up until then.
  • ViVaWhom
    7247 posts Big Money Move
    yeah this is what i am saying, in small sample size he can look good (not to mention in cups we tend to play weaker teams), and he is a superb backup but playing week in week out i think his weaknesses will start to shine through
Sign In or Register to comment.