Sc Heerenveen | Diederik Boonstra | Game of the Season: Ajax at home

Comments

• ElMarcos
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Two great victories!
  • Stlducks
    2272 posts Fans' Favourite
    Two very impressive wins in January. I did not see you beating PSV but a great win.
  • Virtual_K
    1906 posts Play-Off Hero
    Buitink paying early dividends with that last second goal! Will need a lot more to catch Ajax, whew.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    Two unexpected victories against tough opponents. I would have thought away to Feyenoord you would have struggled and the team left it late vs Alkmaar to gather six huge points
  • DB1512
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ajax is out of our league and I think they are out of anyones. 20 games played and 60 points, Ajax seems unstoppable but maybe PSV can stop their run.

The transferwindow is over and this are the most interesting developments of my career:
    rhuCdf4.jpg

As you can see, a lot strange transfers and not many Eredivisie ones. I hope the amount of incoming deals will increase for the rest of the career.
  • I do not think Skriniar is worth that much but it is Real Madrid so they are forced to over pay often. No surprise seeing Ajax sell a big star. That 46 million will turn into 3 future stars for them.
  • DB1512
    Like in real life, Ajax did not qualify for the last 16 of the Champions League in my career. Neres didn't get a lot of minutes so a transfer maybe best for both of them. It's quit surprising Huntelaar is Ajax's topscorer, altough Van de Beek, Ziyech and Tadic are also already on plus ten goals.
  • DB1512
    tlypG3x.jpg
    The first matches of February are played. We unbeaten for 9 games in a row, but we lost our streak of 8 consecutive wins. The remaining matches this month will be played at home against Ado and away versus FC Twente, one of our rivals for a EL spot.
  • DB1512
    C0wi7nv.jpg
  • JoshDFC
    What does the table look like at the moment as the team seem to have been in really good form
  • MJD85
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    League table?
  • Botman is on loan from Ajax ? . Planning on resigning him once loan ends ?

You could look into L.Ajorque from Strasbourg if you are searching for a striker.
  • DB1512
    Botman is on loan from Ajax ? . Planning on resigning him once loan ends ?

You could look into L.Ajorque from Strasbourg if you are searching for a striker.

Botman performs very well so I guess he will get a chance at Ajax when he returns, but if the possibility is there I will try to resign him. He is one of our best performing players this season so at least I will try, but the clubs funds aren't that big so his wage could bring some trouble. Our finances are also the reason Ajorque isn't realistic for us, he's valued 10 million and that's almost the double amount of our budget.
  • DB1512
    The last two matches of February are played and I've posted the leaguetable.
    S18eQvS.jpg
    In the FC Twente match Ejuke already received a red card after 2 minutes (I tried to cross but the opponent touched the ball right before I pressed the button so my winger made a crazy slidingtackle and received a red card....). We managed to keep our defensive line shut and scored a strange goal just before the break.

pSFIT3k.jpg
    Thanks to our unbeaten run of already 11 games we climbed up to the 5th place of the table, a place that delivers Europa League football at the end of the season.

BTW, this is our new CB who joins us at the start of season 2.
    2A6t0jh.jpg
  • ElMarcos
    Two fine results, a good place in the table and a nice signing!
  • DB1512 Nice to meet again, nice career mode. I will follow you :)
  • DB1512
    gIq5s45.jpg
  • DB1512
    RHVpw4H.jpg
  • MJD85
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 7
    Bring back Huntelaar in summer!
  • DB1512
    @MJD85 I will try to bring him back! Gertjan Verbeek (my director of football) was his manager at Heerenveen so the connection is still there.

The Ajax game is played
    jB6RDkO.jpg
  • JoshDFC
    Nice victory the team are showing now they can contend with the top teams in the league
  • DB1512
    edited January 11
    61m6V9w.jpg

With these investments I will allow myself to train my YA players on the bronze level. The trainingground should still be improved, but with the current results of the team, the people are returning to the stadium and the sponsors are coming back. In the upcoming seasons, more money will be invested in the trainingground and academy.
  • DB1512
    Isl6ix6.jpg

Again an excellent month for Boonstra and his men. Mitchell van Bergen stepped up and guided Heerenveen with 4 goals in 3 matches to seven points. We are even stronger on the fifth place right now, with 6 games left we have a decent chance to achieve Europa League football next season.
  • DB1512
    The hunt for Huntelaar is opened
    UZAODLO.jpg
  • ElMarcos
    Bringing the Hunter back would be great. Though he is a very static striker in FIFA (and rl for that matter)