Sc Heerenveen | Diederik Boonstra | Game of the Season: Ajax at home

Comments

• Danimal5981
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    Typically Dutch, they need to learn how to defend: I can't remember you keeping a clean sheet so far.
  • DB1512
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    @Danimal5981 I didn't keep a clean sheet until the PEC game, but it wasn't the result I hoped for.....
    01RXt3y.jpg
    Hahn: ''Our first clean sheet of the season but I think we should forget this match soon. It was awfull to look at, neither we or PEC created good chances. As a keeper you want to concede zero in a game, but I also want to win. I prefer to concede one and win the game than these boring draws.''
  • ElMarcos
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    I guess your first clean sheet is the positive to take from this game.
  • DB1512
    f2RU99h.jpg
    Boonstra: ''Again Halilovic did it for us, he is fulfilling the expectations we have with him in that central forward role. Sadly we loose points again, but I'm happy with the way we played. AZ is a tough opponent and I think we were the better side. Of course we had trouble with Stengs and Boadu, but they are two of the biggest Dutch talents of this generation. In the second halve we manage to equalize quickly and had the best chances to win, now the focus will shift to the Derby of the North against FC Groningen. We must win that game if we will remain competitive for the Europa League spots.''
  • ElMarcos
    A draw against AZ is a prettig good result by itself, but I understand you need some wins to get to the play-offs.
  • Stlducks
    2180 posts Fans' Favourite
    Results have been mediocre so far but small positives here and there show signs of improvement.

The change in striker has been positive, 4 goals for Halillovic since the change. Just need the defense to step up.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    The defence are letting the side down at the moment and the one time the defence keep a clean sheet and the strikers can't find the goal to get the win
  • DB1512
    edited December 2019
    BwdJAoz.jpg
    Post edited by DB1512 on
  • DB1512
    edited December 2019
    irigOMe.jpg
    Post edited by DB1512 on
  • DB1512
    zuE9SaH.jpg
    Boonstra: ''Another game against Groningen, only two days after our league win over them and a completely different match. A lot of our usual benched players got their chance and it's hard to say they justified the faith we had in them. It's sad that we already lost our quickest path into Europe, but we have to deal with it. It can also be said that my choice to go at full strength during the league match this sunday was wrong, but now all we can do is look forward to our next game where we will face ADO Den Haag.''
  • DB1512
    aoyNgIK.jpg
  • Stlducks
    I don't know if going full strength in the league match was wrong, you got the league win which could put you into a Europa League spot. The squad just isn't big enough for two competitions.
  • ElMarcos
    It’s hard to keep up with a busy schedule when the Squad is small.
  • DB1512
    @Stlducks I agree the squad isn't strong enough for two competitions, especially when we reach the Europa League the squad needs some improvement.

I decided to speed up a bit and present the results of November at once.
    4KumYxl.jpg
  • Ashy
    11090 posts Has That Special Something
    Be cool to see how the table looks every other month or every month, sometimes if you have a small squad it can be seen as a disadvantage and an advantage, the advantage because you can keep everyone happy but also you can look to get players from the youth academy and promote them, throw them in and you may be surprised and the disadvantage is obviously lack of fitness going into the match causing injuries.
  • DB1512
    After the cup defeat we only play one match a week, therefore we don't need to have a sub for every position. I will post the table after December! First we have some contract news.
    k42k8MW.jpg
  • ElMarcos
    Two great wins. PSV is a calculated loss. ADO result might be a little disappointing.
  • Ashy
    Good to see you rewarding a promising youth talent, I think he should be pushing his way into the main team soon though even as a 3rd choice that will play the odd cup game or maybe loan him out for a season. Good to see he is commit to the club anyway
  • DB1512
    The December games are played.
    isePLPD.jpg
    Some beautifull goals were scored this month.

Veerman vs. RKC

Halilvic vs. Willem II

Veerman vs. Heracles

Which goal do guys like most?
  • ElMarcos
    A great month! Some real good results in the bag! The Veerman goal against Heracles is the pretiest one.
  • DB1512
    6ljZKmi.jpg
    zjFe3zz.jpg
  • Stlducks
    A great month. The competition wasn't the best but you still beat them and beat them handely.

I like the Veerman goal best, tough angle and lobbed it perfectly.

Nice addition with the goal videos.
  • DB1512
    First signing of the manager:
    Q7FrFvl.jpg
    XkxuQnH.jpg
  • Danimal5981
    Great signing for a team like Heerenveen. Decent pace and balance, good finishing and growth potential.
  • DB1512
    edited December 2019
    If you have never heard of Thomas Buitink before, here are his ingame stats.
    g5CkRUg.jpg

E9nAa4O.jpg
    Alen Halilovic is rewarded player of the month December of the Eredivisie. Heerenveen won all their three games this month and Halilovic was crucial for the team with five goals and an assist. Halfway the season, the Croatian already scored eleven goals and is second on the topscorertable shortly behind Jens Toornstra (Feyenoord). The Dutch central attacking midfielder is already on fourteen goals and enjoys his most productive season ever.
  • Danimal5981
    Any defensive reinforcements coming in? You need it. You score a lot, but you get a lot against too.
  • Ashy
    The last goal was the best imo, the angle and the lob over the keeper, brilliant. Some fantastic results and you are climbing up the table onwards and upwards
  • DB1512
    With the current financial situation the club has, there is no money to invest in the defence. We don't have a lot of players who can bring in some extra cash to invest and until nobody leaves and delivers a transfersum we are not able to buy someone. Also, it's a bit of a tradeoff from my style of play to concede a lot of goals but also score a lot. We have some contracts expiring which grants us some room in the wagestructure of the club. My focus is on bringing in some players for free for the next season to improve the backline.
  • DB1512
    Only two games in January and tough ones against Feyenoord and AZ.
    doq9YDB.jpg
  • DB1512
    PXNYJXb.jpg