Career Mode Wishlist Thread

TeamExtreme17
2829 posts Fans' Favourite
First off, let me start by welcoming Mihai Adamescu & Alex Constantinescu who are the dedicated Career Mode Dev Team from Fifa 20 onwards. I hope they listen to our provided feedback to fix current issues and further improve Career Mode in Fifa 21.

Let's get this thread stickied so it can be the only place to suggest new features / bug fixes that will improve Manager / Player Career Mode in Fifa 21 onwards.

Here are a few things i want to see:

* I would firstly like a working game mode, with no bugs, before adding new features..

* Live Cup Draws - Whether it be like the 2010 World Cup draws we had or cut-scene style ones that used to be in LMA Manager. You already have a GIF of the guy holding the name of the team up, why not make it an interactive draw?

* Visual SIM - Improve the Visual SIM match engine. Or just port back the one you removed?

* Loan To Buy - Include more realistic contract clauses.

* Stadium Creator - It was in Fifa Manager 12 and only needs porting..

P.S. This is a list of Career Mode fixes in every Fifa 20 Title Update so far:

List of Career Mode fixes/changes in Fifa 20's Title Updates:

TU#1: 0
TU#2: 1
TU#3: 0
TU#4: 16
TU#5: 3
TU#6: 3
TU#7: 1
TU#8: 8
TU#9: ???
TU#10: 5
TU#11: 3
TU#12: 0
TU#13: 2
TU#14: 0
TU#15: 0
TU#16: 0
TU#17: 1

There are still a lot of issues to be fixed for which feedback has regularly been posted on these forums, like Edit Player reverting to the Austrian League etc, can you please keep putting the same amount of focus in to Title Updates for Fifa 20 Career Mode that you did for TU#4?

This is absolutely not good enough! If Career Mode was playable then i wouldn't mind if having such little attention to bug fixes, but there are still so many things that need fixing! I hope now we have a dedicated Career Mode Dev Team this lack of attention in Title Updates will improve in Fifa 21..

@EA_Roger @EA_Rtas @EA_Lanna @EA_DarDar @EA_Cian @EA_GZaro
Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on

Comments

• flcinusa
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2019
    Player career

Give us more time to get back into position (especially if you are a LM/LW or RM/RW taking an opposite side corner), right now it's a dumb handicapping mechanism that doesn't matter or care about how play is developing.

Example below

I cleared a corner, saw there was one attacker with the ball, made a run, got dinged for being out of position, received a through ball, and scored
  • TeamExtreme17
    * Realistic Transfer Offers - My first 3 offers for my Man Utd Career were Liverpool wanting Lindelof, then Liverpool wanting Sanchez on loan, then Man City wanted Lingard!? Can you please disable rivals making offers for our players! Its unrealistic! Or at least make it 1-100 chance..

* SIM Friendly Substitutions - When i SIM pre-season games the A.I. dont use all available subs, instead only making 1 or 2 changes when 7 subs are named (which needs correcting to 12). This is unrealistic and needs addressing. All subs get on during pre-season games to improve their match fitness.

* Random Fixtures - When i play with Man Utd i dont want to play the Real Fixtures EVERY Career, its gets boring playing Chelsea first and every other real fixture, please add an option to play with Random Fixtures.

* Commentary Names - Created players have commentary names, why not managers? It would be nice being referrred too in commentary as "Mr/Mrs Smith".
  • Wyojasond
    13773 posts Has That Special Something
    Would love to see a owner mode added. Ability to fire and hire managers. Improvements to stadium or even build a new stadium. Improve the youth system. Spend money on the club or keep it for personal reasons.

One big drawback of the current manager mode is if I take over a bad team and don’t meet goals or god forbid get relegated than I’m fired. With owner mode you’d be able to stay with one club forever, no matter what happens.

Obviously you could still control the teams like you do in manager mode but I would enjoy having to play with a different managers tactics. Adding to this, seeing other teams hire and fire coaches would be great to see as well. Could easily have a list of current managers who could switch teams, retired players could become managers and even a solid list of fake managers. Each with varying tactical ideas that would shape a teams playing style and transfer policy.
  • Altair14
    243 posts Sunday League Hero
    @EA_Andy

OTHER FEEDBACK for FIFA 21 NG:

- Job offer for coach not never arrive, Fix This please
    - there are no technical counterparts and new purchase options such as the recompra - youth League, under 23 youth playable parallel leagues
    -management of season tickets, tickets and merchandising
    - mood of the fans who, depending on the season, will criticize, ask for 'exonerate or deserter the stadium (with graphic feedback in Game on the stands)
    - affinity between players, new purchases will have to get used to playing together the more they do it the more the affinity with others players
    - pre-season pick-up with choice of pick-up location as in Fifa manager. spend the budget for the technical staff, doctors, coaches etc.
    - opportunity to interact with management, ask for budget increase, permission on certain purchases, attend meetings
    - if you get wins and results beyond expectations you will receive offers from major clubs, if you fail you will receive offers from smaller clubs
    - addition of the choice of sponsors and TV rights at the beginning of the season as in any self-respecting managerial
    - Stadium Editor ( but i know that is impossible)

continue next year to improve your career, do not neglect it and follow my feedback.
    if you implement these additions and changes you will make many people who deserve it happy , because the career fans are those who support FiFA since 96/97, don't forget it

MR Zaro And @EA_Andy or dev team I hope you will read,

we fans hope one day to have all the features (a little less obvious obvious) of Fifa manager's career on Fifa, give us this dream please.
  • Make more generic stadiums, make a replica for barca like you did for real madrid in one of the fifa editions, make it possible to exand the generic stadiums through transfer funds in career mode, make it possible to earn money through ticket sales, the small stadium teams with their licensed staddiums like eibar should have a fixed ticket sale income or their tickets should cost more than teams with small generic stadiums, small teams that expand their small generic stadiums should earn more through ticket sales because of attendance expansions
    make this a dlc for fifa 20.
    sick and tired of the same generic stadiums and this feature would be cool.
    I made a thread called generic stadium which i just copy/pasted into a comment here but im pushing for onwards for this feature
    oh and btw, if you loan a player to a foreign league you should be able to see how many matches the player has played
  • Pwalie86
    1444 posts Professional
    *More variety of injuries and very rarely players getting injured in a warm-up before a game. Also goalkeeper injuries..less frequent.

*Fans booing players that they feel made a bad tackle.

*Fix the tables in other leagues so that they're accurate as well as top scorers and assists.

*Certain players wanting to get get more time, or loaned out when international tournaments are coming.

*Not strictly career but tunnel cams please..even a few variety of generic ones is better than nothing.

*Pitchside commentator that interacts with commentators to give their views.

*Towards end of season show the relevant part of league table and if teams are going for title/fighting for Europe or a relegation scrap. Depending on what game, so if you're battling relegation you're not really interested to see how Liverpool and Man City are battling it out for PL title.

*Lap of honour at the last game of the season for home team.

*Stop showing confirmed transfers from another league. If I'm in EFL Championship, I'm not bothered about Lukaku signing for Bayern, for example.

*Way more variations of trophy celebrations with your entire squad as well as medals. And a nice cutscene a few days later of a trophy parade on a rooftop bus would be a neat addition.

*Managers or assistants talking to players just as they're about to come on.

*And finally some manager characteristics. Some may go crazy after a goal and some may remain calm. Some show frustration after a desicion has gone against them. Nothing major, but you just know they're annoyed.

• Would love to see a owner mode added. Ability to fire and hire managers. Improvements to stadium or even build a new stadium. Improve the youth system. Spend money on the club or keep it for personal reasons.

One big drawback of the current manager mode is if I take over a bad team and don’t meet goals or god forbid get relegated than I’m fired. With owner mode you’d be able to stay with one club forever, no matter what happens.

Obviously you could still control the teams like you do in manager mode but I would enjoy having to play with a different managers tactics. Adding to this, seeing other teams hire and fire coaches would be great to see as well. Could easily have a list of current managers who could switch teams, retired players could become managers and even a solid list of fake managers. Each with varying tactical ideas that would shape a teams playing style and transfer policy.

Yes, also maybe even create your own team and use free agents from free agent lists or players from transfer lists. Start with small generic stadium and with prize money, ticket sales, or other income be able to build up and customize, add seats when promoted or if regulated have to down size team, budget, staff, a la Sunderland. Have free agent/fired coaches list to hire from for head coach, asst. coach, trainers, etc. Be able to sign with different sponsors and get extra funds for completing objectives like winning “x” amount of games per season, league titles, cups competitions, etc. Owner mode would be awesome.
  • TeamExtreme17
    * Add tattoos for created players? This was literally in The Journey for the past THREE years...
    Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on
  • MOES98
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No point in having a wishlist thread, to a gamemode that its unplayable because of several bugs.

But many good ideas.
  • TeamExtreme17
    MOES98 wrote: »
    No point in having a wishlist thread, to a gamemode that its unplayable because of several bugs.

But many good ideas.

Its for Fifa 21 and onwards :)
  • Darthdowty
    82 posts Park Captain
    Just one that works as intended, get the basics right EA then add to the mode. No point trying to polish a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • Pwalie86
    1444 posts Professional
    I know they've just sorted out player conversations somewhat but in Fifa 21 it would be good if it was a cutscene instead. Not everytime, but when it's something really important.

Also commentators mentioning a returning player after he's been out through injury/suspension.

• TeamExtreme17
    Darthdowty wrote: »
    Just one that works as intended, get the basics right EA then add to the mode. No point trying to polish a ****.

Yeah i do agree they need a fully working mode first.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Any other things you guys want fixing / adding for Fifa 21?
  • Stringman04
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited November 2019
    Be A Pro Career Mode:

- the ability to be subbed ON during games, not just being subbed OFF. Like in The Journey, it'd be great to be used as a late sub by the AI manager .. maybe you watch/sim games up until the time you get called up?

- you should be able to add a secondary position. Maybe not at the very start of your career .. but as you develop on the pitch, perhaps you can 'earn' a 2nd position.

- if your Pro is a midfielder, have the ability to simply be a CENTRE-MID. Why can you only choose CDM or CAM? What's wrong with being a CM, and the AI manager putting you in the mid position that suits your skills.

- when the AI manager changes formation in-game (based on the score etc), stop sending your Pro in to an odd position. My 6'3" CDM almost always gets shoved to LEFT-MID late in a tight game .. what the?!!?

- get the weights correct for you Pro. In real life I'm just over 6'3", and about 190 pounds .. but to get my Pro to look like me, I have to make him 152 pounds to get the slim body type.

- or how about you just let people select their body type, regardless of weight? Just make a few different body types to choose from (slim, athletic, muscular, heavy etc), and don't link it to Pro skills/abilities

- and, last one for now .. a genuine Player Story Mode .. it doesn't have to be fully story-line based like The Journey .. but perhaps there can be more conversations between you and the manager etc

Pro Clubs:

- let us play with people and for clubs outside of our own region. If I can play a game like COD or Destiny online with people from all over the world, why can't I do it on FIFA Pro Clubs?!!?
    Post edited by Stringman04 on
  • mutsdog
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Anyone else have the commentators talking about a team not doing well when it has no effect on the two teams playing. On my Leicester career they keep telling me and highlighting Arsenal's position in the league. Is this down to them being my supported club or is this random?
  • flcinusa
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    mutsdog wrote: »
    Anyone else have the commentators talking about a team not doing well when it has no effect on the two teams playing. On my Leicester career they keep telling me and highlighting Arsenal's position in the league. Is this down to them being my supported club or is this random?

Is random, my player career is now with Norwich and the commentators like to drone on about Newcastle, they're not close to me either 1) in the league b) geographically
  • Stringman04
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    flcinusa wrote: »
    mutsdog wrote: »

Is random, my player career is now with Norwich and the commentators like to drone on about Newcastle, they're not close to me either 1) in the league b) geographically

Apparently they’ve tried to fix it in the last patch or two .. shouldn’t happen now I think
  • Webdizzle
    83 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Has this thread already started this year....

i'm sure this year Fifa will listen......
  • Steffolovitch
    252 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2019
    I think the most important thing would be to fix existing features first. I hate the fact that they have added press conferences and interviews, that are not working properly by the way, when they should have created a bugfree game in stead. Make the core great, such as transfers, league tables etc., and then add new features.

But you have some great ideas for the game, I like them all. Personally I find the ability to use young players in a U19 or U23 team would be great. Then they would have regular game time at this level, and you could pick some out to play with the senior squad on occasion. And you could have some running dialogue with the youth coach about whom to play, and when. Now you can have some 16 - or 17 year olds being unhappy about playtime, when they're not even close to being good enough to play for you. And of course your youth coach, training ground, scouting etc. could be upgraded using your hard-earned money.

Another thing:

There is a major difference from playing a game in "professional" difficulty and in "ultimate". But there really isn't the greatest difference in playing a league match against a Danish team (if you play in Denmark) or playing Real Madrid in the Champions League, for instance. Sometimes it even feels easier, as the top team will go all out attacking, and you can hit them hard on counters, winning the game 3 or 4-0. Why not make the differences in the stats of the teams decide how hard the game should be / feel? So line up with an average OVR of 65 against Real Madrid and expect to have a very hard time, perhaps just doing damage control to avoid a 6-0 defeat? And if you decide to field your youth team for a cup match, it will also reflect the difficulty of the game. Perhaps there could still be some kind of different difficulties, but I believe the difference in yours and your opponents' quality should be much more significant in how the game should feel.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited December 2019
    Global Transfer Network improvements:

* Add the option to search for Right or Left footed players (So i can search for a Left footed CB for example)

* Add the option to search for Weakest Areas (So it will show results for weakest positions in my starting 11)

* Add option to only return players within my budget
  • TeamExtreme17
    P.S. If you are serious about improving Career Mode can you please sticky this thread? This way we keep all Career Mode improvement ideas in 1 place..

@EA_Roger
  • henryclay1844
    960 posts Professional
    Try to divide it to two equally important aspects, improving things and adding features

Improve:
    Presentation please add team names for gameplay commentary it is terrible to have so many pronouns used, code those names in like all other sports games
    Add variable fan attendance, dynamic lighting and weather, massively improve stadium sounds including a complete revamp of the stadium announcers, please add the option to use any commentary language no matter where you live
    Team building logic and team differentiation, need logic coded in to fill positions and improve weaker areas.
    Manager rating and team specific goals, please rework the way managers are rated and make non-wins loss goals more realistic. A manager is not responsible for shirt sales.
    Improve press conferences and player conversations, just very weak effort on these.
    Complete revamp of the youth system. Improve the tracking of loan players

Feature adds
    Completely redo the youth system. Each team needs a B team and a youth team with existing players or at least editable generated players. Every country should produce players from 15-30 that you can sign. So even if there is no Slovenian League I can choose to got there and look for players for a cost and might find gems or might waste money. This needs actual work and depth to be good. We need to be able to edit name and appearances because a computer can't do this properly. It needs to be hard to find great youth players for lower level teams and somewhat easier for big teams. You also need to have them play games against other youth teams. If Football Manager can get this right so can EA.

Much better stat system. You should be able to open a player card and see their career stats. We need to be able to chart more stats season to season and see how many shots how far they run, tackle success ect. FIFA is the weakest game for stat tracking.

Create teams and leagues. Bring this back embarrassing that we've missed this the entire generation and it's one of the only reasons I still buy PES.

Media presentations and clip storage. I want some sort of proper highlight post game system like NBA 2k does and a much better job of tracking league news. If I am doing a Portsmouth career I don't want to hear about Ronaldo I want to hear about the Football League.
  • CPU VS CPU WHY CALL IT MANAGER MODE WHEN YOU HAVE TO PLAY EVERY DAME GAME!!!
  • CPU VS CPU is the only way to get a REAL feel of a real manager mode and if this was in place it would be the better than football manager 2019 for me.

Because of the realism of watching the players develop and grow plus the animations it would be so great to watch my strategies work in front of me.

Playing a 'Manager Mode' aint exactly a manger mode isit? Plus Simming a whole campaign is soo boring and repetitive
    We really need this update its been missing for a long time and many people miss this feature please bring it back for us die hard real manager fans.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Flipzflipz wrote: »
    CPU VS CPU WHY CALL IT MANAGER MODE WHEN YOU HAVE TO PLAY EVERY DAME GAME!!!

That's why a revamped SIM game is needed.
  • Rdubuisson
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm curious - how many of our fifa 20 wish list items from last year actually made it into Fifa 20? and actually works?
  • fortizb
    59 posts Park Captain
    Goo
    Rdubuisson wrote: »
    I'm curious - how many of our fifa 20 wish list items from last year actually made it into Fifa 20? and actually works?

Good question. I know one that didn't…
    An unbroken and playable game.
  • Jetwhitespurs
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rdubuisson wrote: »

None...I'd say