The Didier Drogba Appreciation Society RTG ***ON HOLD UNTIL PRIMES!***

BristolMDF
1718 posts Play-Off Hero
edited September 2019
Took me a while to decide what to aim for in this year’s title, but have finally settled on aiming to score 1,000 goals with one of the most prolific strikers of my formative football-watching years, the one and only Mr Didier Drogba.

drogba_quiz.jpg

I was but 18 tender years of age when Didier Yves Drogba Tébily arrived on these shores as a relative unknown.

8 years later, he left as a legend, having helped Chelsea to 3 Premier League Titles, 4 FA Cup wins, 2 League Cup wins, 2 Community Shield wins, and in a moment of poetic majesty that can only occur in football, Drogba single handedly dragged Chelsea into Champions League history with what would be his last kick of the football for the club (for now), to deliver that most coveted prize, the UEFA Champions League trophy.

That night in Munich secured iconic status for Didier, with Chelsea fans naming him their greatest ever player in a club poll.

23-drogba-(Read-Only).jpg

Born in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, Drogba made a growing name for himself in French football, first with Le Mans, and then later with Guignamp and Marseille.

It was here that Drogba attracted the attention of Jose Mourinho, who later said:

When I took him to ​Chelsea I remember clearly Abramovich was asking me, ‘Who? Who do you want as a striker?’

With all the big names in Europe at that time I said Drogba. ‘Who is he? Where’s he playing?’

(I said) 'Mr Abramovich – pay.

Pay, and don’t speak.
’”

1058785-18936186-2560-1440.jpg

RULES

Not many.

First of all, I don’t take FIFA very seriously at all these days. I play very casually for a laugh, when I get time.

Games will be a mix of division rivals - whatever division I naturally fall into (won’t be very high) and World Class squad battles. Maybe some FUT Champs if I’m miraculously any good at the game, but unlikely.

I’m starting off with 6,000 FP. I’ll be opening these in early access and will post the results in the thread. I’ll be using whatever capital I get from this to try and trade my way to getting Drogba as soon as possible.

Ideally I’ll start off with the baby icon and then be in a position to trade up to the mid or prime but all depends on pack luck or how well I get on trading.

I’ll try and make this as interactive as possible if anyone is interested in following it, so if I get player picks or reward choices etc I’ll try and involve people in making decisions - with the sole target being getting on the Drog Train ASAP.

I’ve never bought a player and kept them the whole game (even if I trade up versions, I’m counting it as one player) so really looking forward to this!
Post edited by BristolMDF on

Comments

• BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2019
    CURRENT TEAM AND COIN BALANCE

ECE08-EF7-7-B7-D-4-A0-D-A130-BF3-F5212-F92-A.png
    Post edited by BristolMDF on
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2019
    DROGBAE’S BEST BITS

Wow, such empty.
  • Edu
    7528 posts League Winner
    Great. GL
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks guys. I find the grind at the start of a new FIFA the most fun part, but rapidly lose interest without anything to aim for, so am looking forward to having something concrete to work my way up to.

Assuming nothing spectacular from 6k FP I’m guessing it’s going to take a while, can see him being over 1m within a few weeks.

It’ll be fun to see if I can incorporate anything from the Chelsea days into a team. A few options with Lampard, Essien, Schevchenko and Ballack all having icon cards, as well as some high rated players like Hazard and Courtois.
  • Vinny1979
    6105 posts Big Money Move
    Great idea.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2748 posts Fans' Favourite
    Love it. All the best mate, I’ll be watching with interest.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    So despite pre ordering the game I'm now getting a message saying that trial users aren't allowed to use the web app or companion app. So looks like this isn't getting off the ground until Tuesday unless I want to waste time in the trial doing packs and stuff....
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    The loan player pick was an obvious choice. Barely worth bothering with but I’ll save this for when Drogbae arrives

2160248-D-3492-4-D30-82-C4-80-B647288-EB4.jpg

The best pull after 3k points

7-E9-DD5-BC-FE6-F-4807-8323-EC8-E39843350.jpg

Sule and Casemiro other notable pulls (both sold to finance my starter team), with an untradeable Paulinho from the first SBC.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Making a Premier League team with IF Tammy to be my main starter team. What league for a second/fitness team?
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2019
    Ok so here’s how the starter team is looking after 3k points.

Tammy is going to be leading the line for now, seems somewhat fitting considering who we’re building towards.

25-A57945-927-B-4407-A26-E-C03-C4-D9-C3774.jpg

Current coin balance is c. 50k, planning to open the remaining 3k points tonight and then put those coins into upgrading this team and making a second team which will rise or hold value.

Who should we be looking at to bolster this team? Defence is obviously the worst part.

What are we thinking for a second team? Untradeable Paulinho makes Brazil a solid shout, with probably decent cheap-ish players in all positions.

Incredibly annoying having no web app access until Tuesday, my 10 hours are going to be up in no time and then won’t be able to trade at all.
  • Gabbalala
    10345 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2019
    Good luck with this and I will be reading! Haven't seen many Drogba's on the market but can already tell he's going to priced ridiculously high! Nice starter team you have, Tammy can be Drogba's understudy for now! :smiley:

CBs would be one improvement I'd look at if I was you. Full backs won't be as much of a problem I don't think.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gabbalala wrote: »
    Good luck with this and I will be reading! Haven't seen many Drogba's on the market but can already tell he's going to priced ridiculously high! Nice starter team you have, Tammy can be Drogba's understudy for now! :smiley:

CBs would be one improvement I'd look at if I was you. Full backs won't be as much of a problem I don't think.

Yeah new icon hype, plus striker, plus decent skills is gonna push him high. To be honest I’ll probably have to chuck some more points at it if I want to get him any time soon, but we’ll see what my remaining 3k brings and go from there.

Tammy is the perfect understudy, and being a Bristol City fan, which is where he made his first impact is a big plus (not often I get to say that!!). Shame about 3* WF and skills though.

Having no web app access is massively prohibitive. Have made ~100k a day in previous early access periods but can’t do any of that this year.

Regards the team, gonna get through the remaining 3k tonight and do some SBCs and see what that brings us!
  • Gabbalala
    10345 posts Has That Special Something
    Good luck. Make sure to do the SBCs for sure. There's close to 500K in packs sitting around in the SBCs. :)
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gabbalala wrote: »
    Good luck. Make sure to do the SBCs for sure. There's close to 500K in packs sitting around in the SBCs. :)

Not sure if I’ll be able to do them til Tuesday, not sure I can face trying to get through them on the console, takes so long and already down to 6hrs left!
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Decent little pull! Might finance Didier’s big toe

D2942-B3-F-C2-E2-4851-8-F8-F-EBFDE84224-B2.jpg
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2019
    And another decent value player

675457-A2-3-D22-44-DE-8-DB5-6615-B3-ED7508.jpg
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    When your luck’s in! Another 40k in the Drogbank!

5-A967-C5-D-A7-F2-4-DFD-8-FB3-0-BEFBD47-E1-FC.jpg
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Oh. My. Days.

2590163-E-B26-F-4-FF9-AABA-60968-E05-F6-C1.jpg

Time to make this interactive. Been keeping all my BPL high rated pulls but this is a fork in the road. Sell now for 370k or hold until full release/weekend league?
  • Shshj
    14946 posts Has That Special Something
    Nice pulls!

I've also been following the Drogba market very closely but it's not looking great at the moment. His 87 is completely extinct at 750k while his 89 is refusing to drop below 1.5m. It's going to be a long grind.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Shshj wrote: »
    Nice pulls!

I've also been following the Drogba market very closely but it's not looking great at the moment. His 87 is completely extinct at 750k while his 89 is refusing to drop below 1.5m. It's going to be a long grind.

Ha I haven't even looked at prices yet, I'm happy for it to be a bit of a journey to be honest! We're off to a cracking start and I'm seriously tempted to put another 12k on.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    50k for 83 Lucas, insanity. Cheers clowns, I’ll have Drogba’s teeth for that.

A73727-F8-556-B-4115-AF8-B-800948-C10139.jpg
  • Disgruntledmole
    1424 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wtf is going on, wanna open some packs for me?
  • BleedBlue
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    Out of this World Luck in these packs!
  • Sean2On
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have enough in assets to get his 87 card, but haven’t seen one on the market.

I’m dying to try him out.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Should have quit while ahead. 1 walkout in almost 12k since!!
  • TMaher7
    1124 posts Professional
    Now this is the type of content I can get behind...
  • Ulook92
    23333 posts Club Captain
    Nice pulls!
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2019
    So here’s how we’re looking after 24 hours. Not planning on this being full BPL forever but want to use Tammy for a bit so makes it a bit easier for now, especially with the midfield pulls I’ve had.

Need to work out what to do with Pogba.

CDBB0-F99-4-C71-4618-8-EA6-7-CCFADCFB0-D8.jpg
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    TMaher7 wrote: »
    Now this is the type of content I can get behind...

Thanks man! Hope you enjoy. I’m having fun updating it, lends a bit of interest to proceedings.