When is the next squad update expected?

Verdi42
260 posts Sunday League Hero
Premier Access says I’ll be able to play the game in three hours, but the last squads on sofifa are from August 2. More than one month and a half ago. My team is missing some players and others need an update real bad. I don’t want to start my career with these squads...

Comments

• My guess: Next week when the Game is officially released
  • Darthdowty
    82 posts Park Captain
    Agreed, not just the squads the champions and europa leagues are last years, and a lot of the third kits not yet in game. Rubbish early start if your a career mode fan. Dissappinting.
  • Verdi42
    Thanks for the info, Andy. Any idea when we might expect an update? If it’s soon I’ll hold of on starting a career.
  • If you're a career mode fan like be, prepare to be disappointed once more. The outdated squads are the smallest issue, it will probably get patched pretty soon anyway. The real issues are that big teams STILL play kids with 60 OVR in league matches even though EA said they fixed that in the pitch notes. I simulated a season in the PL and City were 20th in mid december, finished the season 16th, Liverpool finished it 13th and Chelsea won the title. I was really hoping for more this year, but they really do not care about Career mode. At all.
  • Druski5150
    346 posts Sunday League Hero
    Also they are using last season’s UCL draw. Hope that gets fixed along with the squads when the full game comes out
  • Ashy
    11220 posts Has That Special Something
    Verdi42 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who feels cheated? I paid extra money to play the game early, yet something as basic, easy and very necessary as squads isn’t ready yet. I can fix the UCL groups myself, so why can’t EA? @EA_Andy.

It is annoying I mean UT is perfectly up to date all the latest transfers, all the 3rd kits while the rest of the game is not bearing in mind the transfer window shut 3 weeks ago and PES have theirs up to date and that game came out a week ago.

Not to mention the horror show on career mode with teams playing u18 players in PL games and the likes of City and Liverpool ending mid table while Brighton win the league this was supposedly a featured fix in the pitch notes.
  • Verdi42
    Still nothing? Come on EA! @EA_Andy
  • Ashy
    11220 posts Has That Special Something
    We are 2.5 hours away from UK release and the rest of Europe and the squads are not up to date
  • KezzaJ
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why has career mode not got the updated teams? Smalling, Sanchez and darmian are all at Man Utd still when they shouldn’t be. Not playing career until it updates
  • SimonR7
    53 posts Park Captain
    At least you’ll be able to sell them to make money
  • Darthdowty
    82 posts Park Captain
    I don't think we will see a patch until Friday for the standard release. If we do.
  • KezzaJ
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    SimonR7 wrote: »
    At least you’ll be able to sell them to make money

I’m just gunna wait till updates
  • @EA_Andy, when comes a squad update and the update for Champions League and Europa League? Both are unfortunately not up to date. Many customers have paid more money to start a career three days in advance. This target group is not considered. Please let me/us know the respective updates will be released. Thank you!
  • @EA_Andy we know you're aware of this issue - can the community just get any sort of ETA on when the squads will be updated?

EA have taken customer's money through Access subs and premium versions but Career mode users have zero value.

To top this off I have 8 dms to the twitter help desk - all the same query about squad updates and all unanswered, meanwhile queries about UT seem to be getting hourly responses.
  • TeamExtreme17
    3023 posts National Call-Up
    I would like the difference i paid between Standard and Champions edition to get the game 3 days early refunded.
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

I've merged all the posts about squad updates into this one thread.

I've spoken to the team and we're working on getting a database update done to rectify these issues. I can't confirm at the moment exactly when this will be done but it's something we want to get in soon.

After that we will be looking to carry on with the more regular updates you would have seen in previous FIFA games.
  • @EA_Andy Will you also add young players as Camavinga, Ansu Fati, Bellingham and Harvey Elliot in this update? These players are all first team players and most of them starters. These are players I think people are looking for when they play career mode
  • EA_Andy
    @EA_Andy Will you also add young players as Camavinga, Ansu Fati, Bellingham and Harvey Elliot in this update? These players are all first team players and most of them starters. These are players I think people are looking for when they play career mode

Don't have a list of what will be updated but as always - we'll try and include as many players as possible.
  • @EA_Andy thanks for the fast reply I know you are very wanted man :) And now for a question I know isn't easy to answer, but do U think the squard update will be done in this week, because I don't want to use much time on a career if the update is soon to come :)
  • TeamExtreme17
    3023 posts National Call-Up
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've spoken to the team and we're working on getting a database update done to rectify these issues. I can't confirm at the moment exactly when this will be done but it's something we want to get in soon.

After that we will be looking to carry on with the more regular updates you would have seen in previous FIFA games.

So should we get a refund on our Champions / Ultimate Editions? As the whole point was to play the game 3 days early, alot of people have payed the extra money just for that! May aswell just buy the standard edition on Friday now...
  • EA_Andy
    Hi all,

So should we get a refund on our Champions / Ultimate Editions? As the whole point was to play the game 3 days early, alot of people have payed the extra money just for that! May aswell just buy the standard edition on Friday now...

Please don't keep spamming this across the forum.

There shouldn't be any issues accessing the game during your early access so it is very unlikely a refund would be given under these circumstances. Ultimately you would need to speak with whoever you purchased the game from.
  • I feel cheated paid extra money to play a revamped fifa 19 career mode so many broken bugs. Ea havent even got the squads correct if they cant even get the squads correct we stand no hope. Always seems UT gets the love because its the money maker. Ea forgets fifa was originally based on career mode before UT even came to be. Dreadful
  • Verdi42
    Hi all,

Please don't keep spamming this across the forum.

There shouldn't be any issues accessing the game during your early access so it is very unlikely a refund would be given under these circumstances. Ultimately you would need to speak with whoever you purchased the game from.

Well, we all bought it from EA, so here we are. EA advertised this option to play the game early, but failed to mention that said game would not be complete. I don’t care for the money I spent, I just want an explanation on how this was possible. Modders on pc all ready fixed the ucl groups, so why can’t EA’s employees do this? It’s not that difficult. But maybe I’m wrong, maybe I’m missing things, bu in that case please enlighten us. @EA_Andy.
  • Kenneth8500
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    @EA_Andy What about the “Edit bug” when you edit etc boots on cm they change positon to cam.
    And what about the problem with ai don’t use there best start 11. When will there be a fix for these 2 bugs?
    @EA_Andy Will you also add young players as Camavinga, Ansu Fati, Bellingham and Harvey Elliot in this update? These players are all first team players and most of them starters. These are players I think people are looking for when they play career mode

Don't have a list of what will be updated but as always - we'll try and include as many players as possible.

• saturator
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's the first time there is a delay between FIFA squad update and release date.
    We paid 80 or 80€ for having the game 3 days early with all things ok
    So we can expected to have all the transfer on launch.
    Thanks in advance