Back again (mid 50s now) ready to go again!

FIFA Dad
247 posts Sunday League Hero
Some of you may remember my post in 2015 about older gamers, well here I am still going and ready for another year of FIFA. Had fun last year in the e-Premier league making the finals at Burnley, not bad for an old man 😂 Ready to start the FUT journey again. Seem to remember it was not just me from the responses so how about this year any other oldies 🤔

Comments

• Knowlesdinho
    13595 posts Has That Special Something
    I’ll be 38 this time. Looking forward to this year after my bad year last year.
  • CeeQue
    13069 posts Has That Special Something
    36 here and i already have arthritis thanks to FUTshaq2.png
  • Hope you have got plenty of WD40 stocked up pal.
  • Smithy78
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    41 going on 18 , my main game is FIFA or call of duty ,not the greatest player seem to stay division 5 all year ,but enjoy the game enough to keep trying ,all the best to the seasoned gamers and hope you Dont get cramp in your hands .
  • 43 here.. I am pretty awful at the game, but still enjoy it even though my 13 year old son beats me all the time..Looking forward to this weekend..
  • Vinny1979
    5391 posts Big Money Move
    39 been on fifa since day 1 on the megadrive
  • George_Cook_Over60
    301 posts Sunday League Hero
    FIFA Dad wrote: »
    Some of you may remember my post in 2015 about older gamers, well here I am still going and ready for another year of FIFA. Had fun last year in the e-Premier league making the finals at Burnley, not bad for an old man 😂 Ready to start the FUT journey again. Seem to remember it was not just me from the responses so how about this year any other oldies 🤔

63, and having fun..
  • FIFA Dad
    FIFA Dad wrote: »

63, and having fun..
    Fantastic gives me something to aim for 😂

• Andy99TradeZ
    16903 posts World Class
    How was the eprem?
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    43 myself. Certainly near the end of my career, just can't keep up with the young guys coming through...lol. I will keep playing, however. Less time these days, especially since my daughter is now 3 and the old "give her a second controller that isn't turned on" trick just won't fly anymore.

:)
  • FIFA Dad
    How was the eprem?
    Qualifying online was ok apart from opponents trying to submit false scores, but to be fair they got dealt with. Close game in the club finals but knocked out first match. My achievement was reaching the club final at Turf Moor. Usually finish gold 2 on WL so I am no world beater 😂
  • I find the forum average age is much higher than you'd expect when threads like these come around. Surprising isn't it based on some of the content :D

31 here but the addition of a second child and job away form home is going to scupper my FIFA year!
  • Danic123
    3242 posts National Call-Up
    Vinny1979 wrote: »
    39 been on fifa since day 1 on the megadrive

Snap! Crazy how far the game has come in that time.... owned most editions of the game at the time, funny to remember some of the daft “innovations” they had in certain editions. Remember one year where they had a pass function that was like the old style John Madden games, basically had 3 different “receivers” you could play a long pass too. That lasted one year and was out!
  • Campino
    29868 posts National Team Captain
    Alright dude, welcome back
  • RBailss
    14189 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm 30 & feel old on these forums :joy:
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4503 posts National Call-Up
    33, feel old this year.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4503 posts National Call-Up
    43 myself. Certainly near the end of my career, just can't keep up with the young guys coming through...lol. I will keep playing, however. Less time these days, especially since my daughter is now 3 and the old "give her a second controller that isn't turned on" trick just won't fly anymore.

Yes that stops working pretty early. I just started letting mine kick about in the arena. She's 4 now and can do more skill moves than me. She good in the arena, but still too young to understand how to play a game with all the passing and rules and whatnot.
  • RebelRob
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Welcome back!

31 here. Life’s busy at the moment so fifa won’t get much of a look this year I feel, but that’s not a bad thing.
  • FIFA Dad
    I blame old age, I deleted some undesirables from my friends list after the ePremier league online stage, you may have been deleted in error 😳 please accept my apologies, if you could re-send a friend request that would be cool sir 😃
    Campino wrote: »
    Alright dude, welcome back

• FIFA Dad
    33, feel old this year.

Ha ha just wait another 20 years, kids older more time 👍
  • hoban95
    56611 posts National Treasure
    I find the forum average age is much higher than you'd expect when threads like these come around. Surprising isn't it based on some of the content :D

31 here but the addition of a second child and job away form home is going to scupper my FIFA year!

I think that's because a lot of people have grown up on this forum now. I joined this place when i was 15. I'm 24 now ffs.
  • 38 here. Will be playing for many more years to come.

MV5-BNTRm-OWMw-Zm-Mt-MDUx-NS00-N2-Ez-LWIw-ZGQt-Mm-Yx-OGUw-YWVh-Yjdm-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde.jpg

• lfcsuiteynwa
    614 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I find the forum average age is much higher than you'd expect when threads like these come around. Surprising isn't it based on some of the content :D

Same here, 31 with 2 children a job the requires 45-50 hours a week, 6 hours of watching the prem on weekends and still some how I am able to find time to play this game.
  • FurthestHorse3
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Im 28 years old, and still playng fifa many time
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    I'm 28 years old and I thought my life was over already. Thanks for making me feel better about myself

giphy.gif
  • Vinny1979
    5391 posts Big Money Move

Yes that stops working pretty early. I just started letting mine kick about in the arena. She's 4 now and can do more skill moves than me. She good in the arena, but still too young to understand how to play a game with all the passing and rules and whatnot.

As I have said last year. 4 kids here, they all have an xbox. easy :D
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4102 posts National Call-Up
    we really should have a oldies comp some time during this fifa o:)
  • George_Cook_Over60
    301 posts Sunday League Hero
    we really should have a oldies comp some time during this fifa o:)

That might be a laugh! How about us oldies getting together in pro clubs ? A whole team of victor Meldrews would be a giggle as well.
  • FIFA Dad
    Well, I am still going and back for more 😂 age is no barrier. Still average at the game but it’s fun at times.
  • Mdh_Rocky74
    44 posts Park Captain
    46 now and been a fifa player since day 1, I mainly play Destiny and Fifa