Web App - Transfer Market Access

EA_Andy
3267 posts EA Community Manager
edited September 18
Hello!

With the Web App launching today I know everyone will be eager to get into the FUT Transfer Market.

For details around transfer market access we do have this article which I'd recommend reading.

The key points are this:
  • Not everyone will have access when the Web/Companion App launches
  • You should get a message telling you whether you can access in-game when the game launches, or whether you are banned completely (images are in the article above)
  • No-one on the forum team, or in the support team via EA Help can grant access. You will need to do whatever is mentioned in the message you receive.

Again, I fully understand that everyone is eager and awaiting transfer market access, but I wanted to set expectations around not only the fact that some players won't get in, but also that there isn't anything that can be done in terms of getting you in early, before the game is out.

Comments

• RealM
    5665 posts Big Money Move
    Don't tease me like that, I saw an announcement and thought it was live!
  • Vaporduff777
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RealM wrote: »

I think they need to release it, I’ve never felt so much hype in my life
  • chongger1990
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    but the transfer ban doesnt carry over to the console right ?only web app ?
  • Knowlesdinho
    10574 posts Has That Special Something
    giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a028a143b332d4aaa429b50571d89d037f1d78bdd&rid=giphy.gif
  • EA_Andy
    but the transfer ban doesnt carry over to the console right ?only web app ?

Usually a transfer ban won't carry across games, but as I mentioned in the post - you should get a clear message advising you whether you can access in-game, or if you are banned completely once the web app comes out.
  • alex1987
    5535 posts Big Money Move
    This is bait
  • Moiizer
    6761 posts Big Money Move
    Flip the switch @EA_Andy we are ready
  • Knowlesdinho
    I’ve never had a problem getting access, do you know why some don’t get access @EA_Andy ? It seems distinctly unfair.
  • Futfanatic
    12939 posts Has That Special Something
    Will cry, happened to me 2 years ago had to wait a month
  • EA_Andy
    I’ve never had a problem getting access, do you know why some don’t get access @EA_Andy ? It seems distinctly unfair.

It's really not something we can get into for many reasons.

All I will say is, in terms of what needs to happen for access to be given - it's the same for everyone.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move

• RTG20
    394 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »

All I will say is, in terms of what needs to happen for access to be given - it's the same for everyone.

@EA_Andy

If you had web access every FIFA you played for ~5 FIFA's straight, then swapped console a few months ago, and played maybe 50 hours of FIFA 19 on the new console (but no FUT games, just Pro Clubs and Online Seasons) is it likely you'll get Transfer Market Web Access for 20 when the app launches today?
  • Futfanatic
    12939 posts Has That Special Something
    RTG20 wrote: »

@EA_Andy

If you had web access every FIFA you played for ~5 FIFA's straight, then swapped console a few months ago, and played maybe 50 hours of FIFA 19 on the new console (but no FUT games, just Pro Clubs and Online Seasons) is it likely you'll get Transfer Market Web Access for 20 when the app launches today?

Can't you just wait a few hours and find out? What's the point, there's nobody here that can give you the answer.
  • Kaspani
    369 posts Sunday League Hero

This. Aargh
  • Tommygunn
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Will cry, happened to me 2 years ago had to wait a month

#Andy’llFixIt

He fixed me 👍
  • CharlieC
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    I didn't get access last year when I switched from Xbox to PS4.
  • Imo it’s ridiculous that we always have to wait this long for a webapp. It’s almost 4 pm in the Netherlands and still nothing. In other countries worldwide it it already the 19th. Makes no sense, just throw the webapp online.
  • EA_Andy
    MrMagicNL wrote: »
    Imo it’s ridiculous that we always have to wait this long for a webapp. It’s almost 4 pm in the Netherlands and still nothing. In other countries worldwide it it already the 19th. Makes no sense, just throw the webapp online.

If it was a case of just "throwing it online" whenever, we'd probably do that.

Appreciate everyone wants it as soon as possible but you're going to have to wait a little longer.
  • BristolMDF
    720 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Imo it’s ridiculous that we always have to wait this long for a webapp. It’s almost 4 pm in the Netherlands and still nothing. In other countries worldwide it it already the 19th. Makes no sense, just throw the webapp online.

You realise that even having a web app in the first place isn’t a right, it’s a privilege? If they announced a set time they’d be making a rod for their own back as there’s all sorts of issues that could affect it, and then that’d be wrong.

There’s plenty that I could criticise EA for but with this its a case of damned if they do and damned if they don’t as people are so entitled.
  • EA_Andy wrote: »

Appreciate everyone wants it as soon as possible but you're going to have to wait a little longer.

I can wait 5 more minutes but that’s all! :D
  • Gingerbread
    238 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 18

It hardly a wise decision to frustrate your fanbase. Everyone be trying to log in at the same time now..
  • EA_Andy
    edited September 18

It hardly a wise decision to frustrate your fanbase. Everyone be trying to log in at the same time now..

What would be the difference if it was released earlier? You'd still have everyone logging on but at an earlier time.

If you're concerned about everyone trying at the same time and getting frustrated would you prefer your account to be delayed longer?
  • Knowlesdinho

Releasing it as early as they do is the opposite of trying to frustrate their fanbase.
  • Ashy
    9750 posts League Winner
    Pretty sure they dont allow everyone on same time anyway, people allowed to log on the web app in batches
  • CharlieC
    6738 posts Big Money Move

Releasing it as early as they do is the opposite of trying to frustrate their fanbase.

Exactly. Never happy some people.
  • DannySTFC
    1316 posts Professional
    You have to wait for things in life, it’s just the way it is, I’m terrible at being patient but you have to deal with it, the web app will come when it comes, no point getting wound up by it.
  • Seems like it was released at around 21:30 UK time last year on the scheduled date. I think we're in for a long wait, boys.
  • Gingerbread
    238 posts Sunday League Hero

What would be the difference if it was released earlier? You'd still have everyone logging on but at an earlier time.

If you're concerned about everyone trying at the same time and getting frustrated would you prefer your account to be delayed longer?

Kids are at school. When they are out they are home and all be trying signing in. Just wait for all the complaints, just because you guys decided to not do a soft launch last night or early in the morning.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3356 posts National Call-Up

Absolutely ruthless I’m dead :lol:
This discussion has been closed.