Bronze/Silver pack method thread

Knowlesdinho
13444 posts Has That Special Something
Introduction

I use a variety of trading methods, but 3 years ago, I started using the bronze pack method. I started doing it accidentally to be honest. Whilst searching for Movember items, I decided to list all the items in the packs and then when my trade pile was full I would stop opening packs. I noticed that not only did many of the items sell, but most of the time I was making profit or at least breaking even.

I then got a bit addicted to it and found that it was a great and easy way to make coins when I couldn't trade using more lucrative methods, like when I was at work or spending time with my wife. I was able to re-stock and re-list every hour whilst at work and the same whilst out with the wife or watching a movie.

I'm being conservative with my estimate here, but I reckon I made around 4 million coins just from this method last year, but it was more than likely a lot more. If any of you followed my Bronze pack RTG, you will have seen how easy I was making coins using BPM.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is the best trading method out there, and I don't know if it will be as successful as last year, but it's an easy low risk way of making steady coins which you can use alongside other methods. I recommend that you don't just rely on this method.

I'll explain the method I used last year and if you want to ask questions I'll try to answer...

Edit to introduction from last year Things changed slightly last year due to silver items no longer being in bronze packs. This made SPM (silver pack method) very lucrative at certain points. Kits and badges from SPM were selling on average for 2k...some 5k. League SBC players, some were 20k+ and that's being conservative. This also led to GPM (gold pack method) being lucrative at certain points, which I streamed and proved.

Method

1) Packs: Open 400 coin packs for BPM (as you get more confident you could try 750 packs but there is more risk). Most of the items that you discard in these packs will return you on average between 30-100+ coins (quite often you get discard silvers or multiple balls), so automatically your pack is costing 300-350 coins. You only need 3 items to sell at the minimum and you have profit. If you get coins in the pack, then you need less cards to sell for profit.

Open 2500 coin packs for SPM (I wouldn't recommend the next level up). Check everything, and work on the basis that you will make at least 2500 coins back from the pack. Your discard will average at 100-200 coins meaning that you have to make 2300-2400 back on the pack. More risk but potentially more reward.

2) Players: Check squad building challenges every time you try the method and have in mind what could potentially instantly sell as a result of said challenges. List these players as the lowest on the market e.g. the player you've pulled is selling at it's lowest buy it now for say 3000 coins, list yours for under that and it should sell instantly, especially if you knock it down by 300-500 coins.

Look out for rare players from the top leagues, they usually sell instantly using the same method listed above. Check potentially popular cards out too, cards that have an attractive stats like pace and dribbling, or 5* skills/WF.

45 - 47 rated players sold well last year because of bronze benching, it's yet to be seen whether people will try this in 19.

With the rest of the players you can either list them all on open bid and then re-list at 200 min bin, you will be surprised at what sells, or you can send them all to your club for future SBC's. I do the latter because they almost always became useful for making profit last year.

SPM - Similar principles as above, but you have more coins to make back to break even. You get 3 "worthless" players, list them for 500 coins each and keep relisting, they will eventually sell meaning you only need to make 1k back to break even. If they don't sell, send them to the club, they will be valuable at some point, or will save you coins on completing SBCs.

3) Consumables: Initially save all non rare contracts because you can use them on your players and it will save you coins buying non rare gold or rare gold contracts in the long run (coin saving tip ;) ). You will accumulate a lot of these by doing this method so at some point you may just want to discard with other things in the pack that are of no use.

Rare contracts sometimes sell, but I just keep them like the non rare ones.

Non rare fitness will sell, but they take time, be patient and just keep relisting. 150-200 bin but you will find they mainly go for 150 coins. I just keep them because it saves me having to buy squad fitness cards.

Squad fitness, these were selling for between 800-1200 coins last year depending on the day of the week or FUT event (TOTY etc).

Most healing cards were worthless last year.

SPM - Again similar to above, but last year contracts always sold, especially early on. All attribute cards sold, some more than others. Check the prices.

4) Miscellaneous: Kits, badges, stadiums and balls. Some sell but I just discard most of them.

Most attribute cards for players didn't sell apart from the +3 all attributes for about 150-300 coins and pace cards sold eventually for 150-200. Attribute cards for keepers never sold in my experience.

Free packs happen quite often as you do this method. I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain free packs, if you want further information read points 1-4 again, but please don't get stuck in a loop when you get back to this sentence.

Lastly on miscellaneous, you can get lucky with coin drops in packs.

SPM - Always, and I mean always check your kits and badges. Some were extinct last year. New Zealand home and away almost always sold for 5k...there were others too. Some kits/badges would regularly sell for over 2k. These would often bring me a lot of profit.

I think that's it, but if you have any questions just ask. I think that it can make you a lot of coins again this year, but it's not going to make you instantly rich. What it does allow you to do is play more games, spend less time trading and you can do this easily on your breaks at work (or school if you're not old like me) using the mobile app. Please share your successes and tips.

We have a discord which also shares other methods...some that will not be shared on here and may be time specific. https://discord.gg/4STpBmJ

Discord allowed by Andy.

Thanks

Comments

• Come join our Discord to get live tips from our community, there's random times where 'useless' players are selling for stupid coins for no reason. If you see any players similar let us know we might have him collecting dust somewhere!
  • selb
    7317 posts League Winner
    Might as well follow this one too, no such thing as following too many trading threads
  • LFC Simon 98
    20017 posts Club Captain
    might try take a rough count of how many bronze packs I open this year. Genuinely think it’ll be thousands
  • Scutch
    15410 posts World Class
    Think I’ll use this method this year. Good guide again mate.
  • Ulook92
    20357 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2019
    Hi <3

Back after a nice break. Ready to BPM my way to glory :D

BPM should be gold to begin with especially if we get the usual SBCs.
  • Knowlesdinho
    Scutch wrote: »
    Think I’ll use this method this year. Good guide again mate.

Thanks
  • Knowlesdinho
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    Hi <3

Nice to have you back bro.
  • Ulook92
    20357 posts Club Captain
    Hi <3

How you been keeping?
  • might try take a rough count of how many bronze packs I open this year. Genuinely think it’ll be thousands

Divide your bronze contracts by 3 might give you a clue..
  • Knowlesdinho
    Hi <3

How you been keeping?

Not bad, had my op to remove the tumour and I'm a new man. First time I've been pain free for 5 years.
  • Ulook92
    20357 posts Club Captain
    Hi <3

How you been keeping?

Not bad, had my op to remove the tumour and I'm a new man. First time I've been pain free for 5 years.

Good to hear. Dont ever wanna play you on fifa again :lol:

As usual i havnt even played this fifa yet so will be god awful.
  • Knowlesdinho
    Hi <3

How you been keeping?

Good to hear. Dont ever wanna play you on fifa again :lol:

As usual i havnt even played this fifa yet so will be god awful.

Lol, still beat you with a bandaged hand. :joy:
  • CeeQue
    13025 posts Has That Special Something
    Welcome back lads get in ahh4.png
  • Knowlesdinho
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Welcome back lads get in ahh4.png

You on the discord mate? That's where all the good tips come.
  • CeeQue
    I think i was for a few months. Can i check on mobile?
  • Knowlesdinho

Yeah of course. If you have the app, just clicking on the link should take you straight in.
  • CeeQue

Yeah of course. If you have the app, just clicking on the link should take you straight in.

ohhh.png
  • PelzyWelzy
    10343 posts Has That Special Something
    Keep eyes open for the Salford City badge lads... Just sold one for 1.5k!

Already at 9k with 84 items listed, barely been at it 40 mins :joy:
  • Ugri
    9956 posts Has That Special Something
    @Knowlesdinho Hypes on for bpm!
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 2019
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

I'm on 0 coins. Help
  • PelzyWelzy

I'm on 0 coins. Help

0 coins at 7.36pm, on webapp launch?

That's beyond my power I'm afraid.

• Adrian095

I'm on 0 coins. Help

Lol. Is it worth keeping or selling my Hummels
  • PelzyWelzy

I'm on 0 coins. Help

Hmm, it's one of those where you can probably make more from selling him now if you use it wisely... What's his rating this year?
  • LFC Simon 98
    20017 posts Club Captain

All from BPM? Might have to try
  • Ulook92
    20357 posts Club Captain
    I have 200 coins. How are people having all the coins to buy players and open packs :lol:
  • CeeQue

All from BPM dwill.png been knocking out SBC's.
  • PelzyWelzy

All from BPM? Might have to try

Yep... Just listing pretty much everything that's sellable so TP is filling up quick - had a few cards go for 800 coins, that Salford badge helped out.

Usual BPM stuff really.
  • Adrian095

I'm on 0 coins. Help

Hmm, it's one of those where you can probably make more from selling him now if you use it wisely... What's his rating this year?

• Vinny1979
    5294 posts Big Money Move
    87 items on my tp. They just sell min 200 lol.
  • Knowlesdinho
    I’m at 97.