The ICON SWAP info thread!

Comments

• oldboiler
    2870 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just as a question that’s probably been asked a thousand times....which I’ve clearly missed....

...,,putting to one side what everyone’s team looks like, as cards in their own right, what is the best icon swap card available

Baby Zidane
    Prime Garrincha
    PIM Alberto
    PIM Cannavaro
    PIM Petit
    Mid Maradona
    ?
  • NinthFall
    1623 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just spent an hour or two working on the final icon swap token towards Bergkamp and when I finished it, I noticed that I had one token too many. I had worked for it for nothing 😩
  • PiotrLolo
    2117 posts Fans' Favourite
    NinthFall wrote: »
    Just spent an hour or two working on the final icon swap token towards Bergkamp and when I finished it, I noticed that I had one token too many. I had worked for it for nothing 😩

But we all play for fun, right? ;)
  • ILevis
    1282 posts Professional
    oldboiler wrote: »
    Just as a question that’s probably been asked a thousand times....which I’ve clearly missed....

...,,putting to one side what everyone’s team looks like, as cards in their own right, what is the best icon swap card available

Baby Zidane
    Prime Garrincha
    PIM Alberto
    PIM Cannavaro
    PIM Petit
    Mid Maradona
    ?

Garrincha > Petit > Alberto in my opinion
  • oldboiler
    2870 posts Fans' Favourite
    Complete and picked Garrincha
  • Kobayashi
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    quick question can you rollover 1 icon swap from season 2 into season 3, Ive got 4 in total so was just going for litmanen as a link up player. (need 6 total) Cant seem to find a definitive answer?
  • PiotrLolo
    Kobayashi wrote: »
    quick question can you rollover 1 icon swap from season 2 into season 3, Ive got 4 in total so was just going for litmanen as a link up player. (need 6 total) Cant seem to find a definitive answer?

No. You can use only icon swap with number 3 right now.
  • The CONMEBOL task is not accepted. Is there anyone who has experienced the same problem?
  • jaymaguire0
    13 posts Ball Boy
    Gatusso or Prime Pack?
  • Mogga
    1331 posts Professional
    Surprisingly won 4 in a row with my PL team .
    The CONMEBOL task is not accepted. Is there anyone who has experienced the same problem?

You need to make sure you dont have any commebol players on your bench.
  • Mogga
    1331 posts Professional
    oldboiler wrote: »
    Complete and picked Garrincha

I found mine kept getting caught / barged on the wing so I switch him in game up front in a 2 and hes been prolific
  • Yins
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Help me choose how to spend my 23 icon swaps tokens and 7.5(ish) mil on PC

Option #1 (w/ Petit) https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/15827567

Option #2 (w/ Cannavaro) https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/15827629

Option #3 (w/ Capita) https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/15827693

or should I go for something else altogether?
  • vsK17
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don't want to start a new thread, but you guys could help me with a dilemma?

I would like to buy Butragueno, Moments version more than the Prime one. I've looked in futbin to check both versions and saw that the Prime version has some "Specialties" like speedster, dribble, etc while the Moments version doesn't have any.

Moments version have better stats but those specialties are missing and sometimes, traits and specialties actually matter in the game.

Does anyone tried both versions and can tell me if there is a big difference between them?

Cheers!
  • Sykotic
    438 posts Sunday League Hero
    vsK17 wrote: »
    Don't want to start a new thread, but you guys could help me with a dilemma?

I would like to buy Butragueno, Moments version more than the Prime one. I've looked in futbin to check both versions and saw that the Prime version has some "Specialties" like speedster, dribble, etc while the Moments version doesn't have any.

Moments version have better stats but those specialties are missing and sometimes, traits and specialties actually matter in the game.

Does anyone tried both versions and can tell me if there is a big difference between them?

Cheers!

I checked and both versions have Finesse Shot. The other stuff isn't important as it is CPU AI only for that player.
  • Jordi93
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Anyone else decided to just take Litmanen and Trezeguet to throw in the Miltao SBC? Don’t see the point in grinding another 12 tedious squad battles for a Kaka that is average
  • Vidic_15
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Apologies if asked already, but is there normally a final Icon swaps after season 3 finishes that you can use up unwanted tokens from the previous 3 seasons?

I have a few spare from season 1 I didn't use and trying to figure out how to spend my season 3 now - could take Puyol but would mean a few leftover tokens

Thanks
  • PiotrLolo
    Vidic_15 wrote: »
    Apologies if asked already, but is there normally a final Icon swaps after season 3 finishes that you can use up unwanted tokens from the previous 3 seasons?

I have a few spare from season 1 I didn't use and trying to figure out how to spend my season 3 now - could take Puyol but would mean a few leftover tokens

Thanks

Nope, after end of season 3 all tokens will be useless.
  • spy
    1047 posts Professional
    I’ve finally got the 24 tokens. Can anyone advise me on the best option to improve my team?

This is probably my best current lineup:

tosQY99.jpg

With these being probably my best bench players:

fgaKP8N.png

g8yNLIl.png

I feel an icon striker would be the best option to allow me to use Salah without losing chem. I have quite a few decent midfielders including Essien so don’t think it’s worth using the tokens for one of them. Possibly I could get a CB but a striker would probably be more use.

I was thinking maybe Bergkamp or Dalglish + Trezeguet or Maldini + the icon pack

Any advice?
  • PiotrLolo
    spy wrote: »
    I’ve finally got the 24 tokens. Can anyone advise me on the best option to improve my team?

This is probably my best current lineup:

tosQY99.jpg

With these being probably my best bench players:

fgaKP8N.png

g8yNLIl.png

I feel an icon striker would be the best option to allow me to use Salah without losing chem. I have quite a few decent midfielders including Essien so don’t think it’s worth using the tokens for one of them. Possibly I could get a CB but a striker would probably be more use.

I was thinking maybe Bergkamp or Dalglish + Trezeguet or Maldini + the icon pack

Any advice?

Bergkamp is clinical. He is not strong but when he has enough space he can give you a lot of goals. I use him with engine chemistry.
  • spy
    1047 posts Professional
    Bergkamp,is actually very cheap on the market so,not sure he is worth it. Leaning toward Maldini and the icon pack as none of the strikers really grab me. Anyone got any other suggestions?
  • spy
    1047 posts Professional
    Decided to go for Maldini and the prime packs. Got Zola so not best pleased :'(
  • yas93amd
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Sorry if this has been asked before. So we have 3 days left till the end of season 6 and the current SBC icon swaps, will there be an icon swaps refresh? And will I be able to use the tokens I currently have for the next season?
  • Littleland95
    17703 posts Moderator
    yas93amd wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before. So we have 3 days left till the end of season 6 and the current SBC icon swaps, will there be an icon swaps refresh? And will I be able to use the tokens I currently have for the next season?

No new refresh from what we've heard. No new season.

You can use tokens from other seasons on the current season.
  • BC_United
    1124 posts Professional
    got 21 tokens and haven't picked anything so far... need to make up my mind before they expire...

is Carlos Alberto my best choice?
  • JRDeeping
    15 posts Ball Boy
    Does anyone know if I will be able to use my unused icon swaps 3? I only joined FUT at the end of season 5, so didn’t get in to swaps until part way through season 6... I have 11 and didn’t use them before the end of the season... I didn’t realise they became redundant...
    Cheers
  • Littleland95
    17703 posts Moderator
    JRDeeping wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I will be able to use my unused icon swaps 3? I only joined FUT at the end of season 5, so didn’t get in to swaps until part way through season 6... I have 11 and didn’t use them before the end of the season... I didn’t realise they became redundant...
    Cheers

No more Icon swaps this FIFA.
  • JRDeeping
    15 posts Ball Boy
    Erm... damn.... that was a complete waste of time and stress then 🤦‍♂️
    Thanks!