The ICON SWAP info thread!

Comments

• Mogga
    1346 posts Professional
    Probs gonna go for Campbell, no more no less
  • Numlocked_
    1977 posts Fans' Favourite
    Icon swaps system should be changed. Get all the icons at launch of the game available via swaps. That way you can choose with one you want. Not this crap. EA wanted to make icons available for Everyone. Well ye but we only get the crappy ones. Base Ronaldinho. Super meh! And like previously stated, if you want any other Version, it Will cost you
  • ViezeDries
    1389 posts Professional
    edited December 2019
    For a casual, not gonna catch them all player, why would I go Hierro over Rijkaard? Rijkaard seems like a great deal.
  • ILevis
    1287 posts Professional
    ViezeDries wrote: »
    For a casual, not gonna catch them all player, why would I go Hierro over Rijkaard? Rijkaard seems like a great deal.

Rijkaard has bad workrates and pretty bad stamina for a CDM. This is stuff that generally makes him unusable in many peoples eyes. Hierro might not be the best card of all time (neither is Rijkaard tbh) but he doesnt have any standout weaknesses. Hes just overall a solid card
  • ViezeDries
    1389 posts Professional
    ILevis wrote: »
    ViezeDries wrote: »

Rijkaard has bad workrates and pretty bad stamina for a CDM. This is stuff that generally makes him unusable in many peoples eyes. Hierro might not be the best card of all time (neither is Rijkaard tbh) but he doesnt have any standout weaknesses. Hes just overall a solid card

Yeah tbf I thought it was the CB Rijkaard.

Now I'm probably going to have to grind for Koeman.
  • BigBadBaloo
    427 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2019
    When is the next batch of these objectives out guys?
  • PiotrLolo
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite
    Big thx to:
    - a guy who quitted in 1st half after 2nd goal,
    - a guy who scored own goal from kick off and quitted.

You saved me a lot of time! Next 3 games were awful but at least I managed to complete one online token (La Liga).
  • GeorgeS2411
    55 posts Park Captain
    What's everyone thinking so far? I've done all 6, I have Gerrard already from IS1 so working out whether to wait for Essien and have a boss midfield or try someone else
  • Littleland95
    17708 posts Moderator
    What's everyone thinking so far? I've done all 6, I have Gerrard already from IS1 so working out whether to wait for Essien and have a boss midfield or try someone else

Have none so far. I might go for Zambrotta and Hierro/VDS or just get Hierro and VDS to save as much pain from grind as possible. Can also go for just Zambrotta as that's a great card anyways.
  • Vaughanster88
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Probably going to so wait until the next lot to pick. I have done 5 of the swaps but can't face anymore squad battles so going to miss the Italy one
  • Safehands84
    4047 posts National Call-Up
    100% taking Koeman as soon as I have 10 tokens. Trying him midfield. If hes decent there then straight shoot out between Zambrotta and campbell. If hes no good there I'll play him CB and then zambrotta or seedorf. I'm very likely to be taking Zambrotta though anyway
  • M7AMD
    8 posts Ball Boy
    guys do Icon Swap Tickets expire after the season is over or does it stay permanently in your club?
  • SweetJesus101
    3072 posts National Call-Up
    M7AMD wrote: »
    guys do Icon Swap Tickets expire after the season is over or does it stay permanently in your club?

stays in the club
  • But you can´t do anything with them once icon swap 2 is over.
  • M7AMD
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Zeusadonis wrote: »
    But you can´t do anything with them once icon swap 2 is over.

how so?
  • Littleland95
    17708 posts Moderator

how so?

Can't be used in future Icon Swap seasons.
  • M7AMD
    8 posts Ball Boy

how so?

Can't be used in future Icon Swap seasons.

so each season has its own tickets and cant be swapped? damn what a bummer
  • Bapinho
    2523 posts Fans' Favourite
    still no idea who to pick come on ea why didnt you put one banger in there
  • kokom87
    51 posts Park Captain
    100% taking Koeman as soon as I have 10 tokens. Trying him midfield. If hes decent there then straight shoot out between Zambrotta and campbell. If hes no good there I'll play him CB and then zambrotta or seedorf. I'm very likely to be taking Zambrotta though anyway

Tried koeman as Midfielder (before this swap) was really disappointed, i have middle matthaus, and swapped them in game (mathaus as CB) , koeman has good stats but not in what we need as CDM hhh
  • Horlj
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Got my 6. Want VDS and Zambrotta, do we know if they're going to release 12 in the next batch?

I want Zambrotta first ideally, because I could see myself using my current 6 on VDS, only for them to then release 6 in the next batch and have to wait even longer for Zam
  • Hi can I use guardiola for the Spanish icon swap challenge which needs 9 first owned la liga players ??
    Thanks in advance
  • Edward220967
    1579 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pottsy007 wrote: »
    Hi can I use guardiola for the Spanish icon swap challenge which needs 9 first owned la liga players ??
    Thanks in advance

You can use him but he's not laliga so won't count as one of the 9 first owner laliga players
  • PiotrLolo
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 3
    Wtf just happened? I did english token in 6 games :lol: Even got promoted to Div 5 somehow. Last game my opponent had 11 shot, I had 2. I won 2:1 :lol:

BTW: Futmas Cavani is the best card I ever had!
    Post edited by PiotrLolo on
  • Chris2032
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 3
    Looking at the Pires card stats. I don't understand how he is 91 overall. Comparing him with Figo 90. Figo has same workrates, same 4 star weakfoot, same 4 star skills and better stats almost everywhere.
    Also on the chart for positions on FUTBIN Pires is 89 at LM. I feel like he's actually 89 rated.
  • Gstitt10
    1056 posts Professional
    I am late to the party and I only started the icon swaps 2 nights ago. Completed the squad battles. I pray now there are decent people in the game that will let me win the online games
  • Rusty2times
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why can’t I use my icon players from the 1st one ?
  • SharpEnds
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Is Pires that bad? I need him to get Mbappe and Sissoko on full chem.
  • SStubbs88
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    Had 86 Alli central CAM for the three lions objective but he was just trash for me. Thought sod it and bought baby Owen. He's amazing! 5 goals in his first game. Tempted to keep him now. Even though i fully expect him to go awful after a few more games.

Could also be useful for the 2 other online ones i have left as he obv links to everyone.
  • Mr.Romanista
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    guys is van der sar that bad for every one or is it only my high expectations ? I feel that he is the worst GK I have used this year .
  • spy
    1076 posts Professional
    Finding the squad battles so dull and still have 7 games to go. I don’t seem to be getting any of the easy bronze squads this week which I really need for the legendary requirement 😟