The ICON SWAP info thread!

Comments

• ILevis
    1287 posts Professional
    @nt009 @0113MB

Icon swaps lasts more than 1 season. There will be 6 tokens this season. When the new season starts, you can still use those 6 tokens in icon swaps. Throughout that season and maybe the season after that, you will be able to earn the rest of the tokens.

Was similar for the first icon swaps aswell. You could earn 12 tokens in season 1. When season 2 came, Icon swaps didnt end. You kept your tokens and could earn 12 more in season 2
  • nt009
    1865 posts Fans' Favourite
    ILevis wrote: »
    @nt009 @0113MB

Icon swaps lasts more than 1 season. There will be 6 tokens this season. When the new season starts, you can still use those 6 tokens in icon swaps. Throughout that season and maybe the season after that, you will be able to earn the rest of the tokens.

Was similar for the first icon swaps aswell. You could earn 12 tokens in season 1. When season 2 came, Icon swaps didnt end. You kept your tokens and could earn 12 more in season 2

not sure why I'm tagged in this?
  • Lackosweat
    7159 posts Big Money Move
    Zambrotta will be mental !
  • Bapinho
    2523 posts Fans' Favourite
    So far it looks kinda disappointing tbh. If the leaks are true. Jeej another great RB; i have rttf mbabu who isnt gonna replaced so no thank you
  • Safehands84
    4047 posts National Call-Up
    I'm playing pack only all year, there only 2 players I've wantss to try zidane and Koeman so will be happy to see Koeman. Reason I didnt take Keane first time is I've embarked my cdm spot for koeman
  • lippyone
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    Less than 24 hours to go (hopefully) although with the EA people on xmas holiday will it happen?
  • Kellnerr
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    Do we expect them on 6 GMT?
  • Sampaa
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Not related to swaps, so hope you don't mind, but could anyone give me advice on if I should sell the 90 Zola I packed? On FUTBin it shows his price going down, should I sell now?
  • TW1103
    2794 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think next year they should do one single batch of swaps. You should have maybe 60 tokens to work towards, dropping in monthly batches from September to March. You'd get some of the lower icons such as Nakata, Lehmann, etc for maybe 10 tokens, gradually building up where you could get Pele, R9, etc for the full 60
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    edited December 2019
    TW1103 wrote: »
    I think next year they should do one single batch of swaps. You should have maybe 60 tokens to work towards, dropping in monthly batches from September to March. You'd get some of the lower icons such as Nakata, Lehmann, etc for maybe 10 tokens, gradually building up where you could get Pele, R9, etc for the full 60

Good idea
  • TW1103
    2794 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes I'll be taking Ronaldinho, thank you very much EA. The only other I'd have taken would have been Bobby Moore, and sold the one I had... But I imagine this will make his prime drop a bit in price. I'll save up, sell this one and buy prime. Lovely.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13214 posts Has That Special Something
    TW1103 wrote: »
    Yes I'll be taking Ronaldinho, thank you very much EA. The only other I'd have taken would have been Bobby Moore, and sold the one I had... But I imagine this will make his prime drop a bit in price. I'll save up, sell this one and buy prime. Lovely.

1d1650310986bc337e8a0e6a52f9442b.png
  • BlackFridayRule
    1353 posts Professional
    So do we know how many swap tokens we will get? 24 again or 30 this time?
  • 0113MB
    915 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2019
    Super disappointed with the new icon swaps options there is no German players
    Dont even see the point of bothering with the objectives now
    Really terrible minimum expected Lehman but nope
  • DannySTFC
    4198 posts National Call-Up

I’d like to know this too if someone could help out 😊
  • CarpeDiem
    2479 posts Fans' Favourite
    DannySTFC wrote: »

24 tokens.

• Matyix
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2019
    Hi guys i have a question.
    I collected all the 24 Icon swaps token in the first round, but i didn't find any interesting player, because i would like to play with Henry. So i spared my tokens to the second round.

But now i realized, in the second icon swap round i am not allowed to use my tokens from to first round…
    I am very disappointed..
    I made all the 24 quests, it wasn't easy.. And now i can't used them….. :(:(:(

So my question is : What can i do now with my tokens from first round?
    Post edited by Matyix on
  • Matyix wrote: »
    I collected all the 24 Icon swaps token in the first round, but i didn't find any interesting player, because i would like to play with Henry. So i spared my tokens to the second round.

But now i realized, in the second icon swap round i am not allowed to use my tokens from to first round…
    I am very disappointed..
    What can i do now with my tokens from first round.
    I made all the 24 quests, i wasn't easy.. And now i can't used them….. :(:(:(

F
  • Mogga
    1346 posts Professional
    Matyix wrote: »

I am very disappointed..

Durrr they are now useless. It was quite clear.
  • Great, really wanted to play with Ronaldinho this year. Oh wait, it’s the worst version, which means as a free to play player, my only realistic way to get the best version of said player is to load hundreds of pounds into the game to build up my coin total since he’s completely out of reach to a standard player like myself?

Removing Icon SBCs was the most anti consumer, money hungry move EA have pulled with Icons. I would happily spend months ploughing in FUT Champ and division Rival rewards with the goal of achieving the best possible version of one of my favourite players of all time. But no, we get this nonsense version of playing game modes not suited to everyone, with play styles not suited to everyone by forcing certain teams in the same game mode where not everyone is vying for the same outcome, i.e. people going for swaps and people just playing to win.

Would love a quick reminder from EA as to how this version of obtaining icons is more player friendly as opposed to a simple SBC? Any answer other than a way to push players towards buying FIFA points, will suffice. That ones a given.
  • yosef167
    1432 posts Play-Off Hero
    the only option which would get into our teams is Essien in 70 days we will be in feb.
    anyway was looking for a CDM and there is one.
  • FGseixas
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Quillips wrote: »
    Great, really wanted to play with Ronaldinho this year. Oh wait, it’s the worst version, which means as a free to play player, my only realistic way to get the best version of said player is to load hundreds of pounds into the game to build up my coin total since he’s completely out of reach to a standard player like myself?

Removing Icon SBCs was the most anti consumer, money hungry move EA have pulled with Icons. I would happily spend months ploughing in FUT Champ and division Rival rewards with the goal of achieving the best possible version of one of my favourite players of all time. But no, we get this nonsense version of playing game modes not suited to everyone, with play styles not suited to everyone by forcing certain teams in the same game mode where not everyone is vying for the same outcome, i.e. people going for swaps and people just playing to win.

Would love a quick reminder from EA as to how this version of obtaining icons is more player friendly as opposed to a simple SBC? Any answer other than a way to push players towards buying FIFA points, will suffice. That ones a given.

For me and my friends, all free players, it has been easier with Icon Swaps.
    All my friends now have one Icon and most of them never had one before, they can just grind 5 or 6 tokens and get one and its way easier, because sometimes they dont have time to play WL.
    I wish we could have Icon Swaps AND Icon SBC, that would be better, but the Icom Swaps are far more accesible.
  • Struggstarr
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wow. Finding this considerably easy. thought it was going to be a real grind but I have completed the Bundesliga and English players online Fut Swaps today. Usually struggle in division 3 but where everyone is going for the challenges and has a weakened team I'm finding it very easy and a couple of games away from Div1 while grinding objectives. Only lost 1 and drew a couple so kind of fun to actually play rather than the usual sweaty teams.

Not really excited for any of the rewards as Essien is the only player that would get in my Fut champs team but by the time I get him I'm not even sure how meta he will be compared to now.
  • Safehands84
    4047 posts National Call-Up
    100% taking Koeman, stick engine on and perfect box to box cm. I'm pack only all year and only 2 players I've wanted to try him and zidane so now I get my wish. Other I'm not sure,

either vds and heirro,
    figo,
    Socrates
    Zambroota
    Campbell

My pack lucky over Christmas has been insane, packed mbappe,ramos and prime dalglish untradable and did 1 base icon sbc and got blanc. I took Drogba first set so trying work out best formation to fit everyone in. Not worked out that yet. When I do will make 2nd choice easier
  • DannySTFC
    4198 posts National Call-Up
    I wanted a new CB to replace Nesta, so it’s between Hierro, Koeman and Campbell. My keeper is de Gea and other CB is scream Pique, so with Hierro only being 6 tokens it makes sense to go for him.

I’ve bought base Hierro to use for this weekend league and see what he’s like, if he seems decent I’ll do the 6 tokens and take him. Not sure whether I’ll grind more tokens to get someone else on top of that yet.
  • munchie63
    3451 posts National Call-Up
    Matyix wrote: »

I am very disappointed..

contact support and ask really nicely and they just may let you redeem one of the 1st batch.
  • Wanted to go for Socrates - but his balance stat is shocking.
  • Yermawfc
    2205 posts Fans' Favourite
    How many tokens will be available? 24 or 30?
  • Yermawfc
    2205 posts Fans' Favourite
    CarpeDiem wrote: »
    DannySTFC wrote: »

24 tokens.

Sorry just saw this