The ICON SWAP info thread!

Comments

• gorillabear
    1018 posts Professional
    Done. Ballack and Nesta complete. Now I can finally start playing with my first team and not all these random squads
  • cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    [img][/img]8-B0-EA78-C-47-A5-4-B8-B-BBBD-E030712-ED6-CF.png

Packed the big dog in my swaps pack.

Although they were incredibly frustrating to win at times I got there. I have to say it was worth the effort.
  • Dolph
    1198 posts Professional
    djvkool43 wrote: »
    TW1103 wrote: »
    jacobdtr wrote: »
    Having already taken Carlos, I can get a maximum of 9 tokens. Who would you guys take?

I took Okocha, who is fun, but doesn't dominate as he can be a little slow.

My question for everyone is; What do you think the objectives for batch 2 will be? Will they keep to first owner objectives for leagues? Maybe nations? Or do you think they will get more complicated like scoring (x) amount of headers, etc?

I'm wondering whether to clear out some players whilst their prices are up... But I don't want to sell some of my more decent first owner players if I think I will need them again

I'm hoping they will give us some sort of upgrade path - for example 11 tokens + baby Carlos, swap with prime Carlos, etc etc...

They won’t, the original info said each icon would only be offered once through the swaps so only 1 version of each will be up.
  • Ballist1x
    3826 posts National Call-Up

Although they were incredibly frustrating to win at times I got there. I have to say it was worth the effort.

Well played!!

I have 20 tokens undecided what to do. I like hagi but the gamble option is real!
  • Peewee916
    1103 posts Professional
    djvkool43 wrote: »
    jacobdtr wrote: »
    Having already taken Carlos, I can get a maximum of 9 tokens. Who would you guys take?

Took both Pep and Carlos - 19 tokens total out of 24

Many, many sweaty sessions, shushed, dabbed, prancing-birded...

@djvkool43 Nice I basically did the same but instead of Carlos to Rio
  • cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    Ballist1x wrote: »

Well played!!

I have 20 tokens undecided what to do. I like hagi but the gamble option is real!

Jagi was going to be my safe bet if I jibbed out (no offence). Looks very good my only concern was the workrates. But I play scream Payet at cm and he has the same and he is good enough for the next month or so. Seen some good reviews on him as well.
  • Khangaskhan17
    3953 posts National Call-Up
    Just came back from a few weeks off. We’re still on the same wave of icon swaps, right?
  • SweetJesus101
    3048 posts National Call-Up
    Just came back from a few weeks off. We’re still on the same wave of icon swaps, right?

yea
  • spy
    1040 posts Professional
    Still can’t decide what to use mine for, will probably wait until the end.
  • Ballist1x
    3826 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    20191207-190347.jpg
    Post edited by Ballist1x on
  • OlgaKurylenko
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    got 23 tokens. Undecided either to take Drogba or Combination of Klose and Carlos. Opinions? 2 Icons look promising, but drogba with physis / shooting / Speed is a weapon...

I already bought on the transfer market for fun okocha 87 as well... because I grabbed him last year in a pack :)
  • TW1103
    2744 posts Fans' Favourite
    got 23 tokens. Undecided either to take Drogba or Combination of Klose and Carlos. Opinions? 2 Icons look promising, but drogba with physis / shooting / Speed is a weapon...

I already bought on the transfer market for fun okocha 87 as well... because I grabbed him last year in a pack :)

If those are the only two options you are considering, go with the pair. Carlos is a very good player for his position, and any time I've come up against Drogba, he's not done a great deal to bother me
  • Hi!
    Can I get Roy Kean in time??
    I have finished 1/2 of Roy Kean in icon swap. I got 3/7 tokens and there is only 3 objectives left. It is 11 Days until Roy Kean card expires. Can I make it and IF, how?
  • Safehands84
    4046 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019

Your post is a little confusing, do you only have 3 tokens now out of this set of 12? If yes you cant get Keane as he needs 15. There was objectives for 12 tokens which have expired , and 12 up and running now. So if you dont have any from the first set then max you can get is 12.
  • Guys,
    I have accumulated 21 Icon Swaps, as I missed a few in the first round of Objectives.
    I'm not really interested in any of the current choices, Can I save the Icon Swaps for the next round of Icons, or will they expire with the current wave of Icons and I will lose them?
  • Safehands84
    cahuerta wrote: »
    Guys,
    I have accumulated 21 Icon Swaps, as I missed a few in the first round of Objectives.
    I'm not really interested in any of the current choices, Can I save the Icon Swaps for the next round of Icons, or will they expire with the current wave of Icons and I will lose them?

Use them or lose them. If noone you want gamble on the pack
  • Selgarr
    1076 posts Professional
    Does anyone know when Icon Swaps 2 will be released? Has a date been announced? I'm hoping that it's in December and not January.

With Base Icons going out of packs from mid December does that mean that Base Icons cannot be in Icon Swaps 2? It will just be Mid and Prime Icons?

There are 89 Icons in the game in total and I think I read that for the 3 Icon Swaps that there will be at least 20 in each and the Icon Swaps 1 had 23, so there must be a minimum of 63 out of 89 Icons from Swaps?
  • Safehands84
    Selgarr wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Icon Swaps 2 will be released? Has a date been announced? I'm hoping that it's in December and not January.

With Base Icons going out of packs from mid December does that mean that Base Icons cannot be in Icon Swaps 2? It will just be Mid and Prime Icons?

There are 89 Icons in the game in total and I think I read that for the 3 Icon Swaps that there will be at least 20 in each and the Icon Swaps 1 had 23, so there must be a minimum of 63 out of 89 Icons from Swaps?

I think new set will be out week Friday. I think they're will be base icons in set 2, also pack option base ,middle or maybe both. Also think theyll be a mid icon sbc at some point and later in the year an sbc for all icons.

Also ea have said theyll be at least 20 in each set. I can't see the likes of R9, zidane pele etc ever being in swaps.
  • burken
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Selgarr wrote: »

I think new set will be out week Friday. I think they're will be base icons in set 2, also pack option base ,middle or maybe both. Also think theyll be a mid icon sbc at some point and later in the year an sbc for all icons.

Also ea have said theyll be at least 20 in each set. I can't see the likes of R9, zidane pele etc ever being in swaps.

If they are nice, they will put R9 etc in the last Icon Swap batch, when the game almost is ending.
    So they will show the new batch this friday, or next?
  • PiotrLolo
    2116 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2019
    Because during playing Rivals I unintentionally did Premier League Token I'm gonna try to get Schmeichel. I already have 2 SB tokens, gonna do 2 more during the week. Hopefully I will somehow win 3 games with homegrown team (Rivals sux atm).
  • OlgaKurylenko
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park

If those are the only two options you are considering, go with the pair. Carlos is a very good player for his position, and any time I've come up against Drogba, he's not done a great deal to bother me

Thank you. I chose now for Klose and Carlos. Will inform you if wanted how I will proceed with them. As I remember I had also last year not that much problems with Drogba-Squads against me...
  • ItsWideRight
    972 posts Professional
    edited December 2019
    I still don't know whether to go for Butra or the Pep/Rio combo.

Had all the cards for ages just can't decide.

I wish i knew what was in the next set as for example if i knew someone like Sol Campbell was in the next set i would take Butra 100% as i don't think the next set of attackers will be great as they already had 8 strikers in set 1.
  • TW1103

I wish i knew what was in the next set as for example if i knew someone like Sol Campbell was in the next set i would take Butra 100% as i don't think the next set of attackers will be great as they already had 8 strikers in set 1.

I'd reccomend you take Okocha rather than Pep. Pep's a boring icon. Okocha may not be the best RM in the game, but he is so fun to use
  • Wooly1203
    3021 posts National Call-Up

I'd reccomend you take Okocha rather than Pep. Pep's a boring icon. Okocha may not be the best RM in the game, but he is so fun to use

I took Carlos and Pep and I’m very happy with them. Carlos is fantastic for his position, and Pep is a solid CDM who makes it super easy for me to link my team together. I figure strikers and midfielders get the majority of the upgrades during Totw and promos, so I didn’t want to lock myself in to an attacker unless it is someone I’m going to use for awhile. I had 85 Okocha last year and he was really fun(especially since I use a fair number of skill moves), but I wanted to go a different path this year.
  • TW1103
    Wooly1203 wrote: »

I took Carlos and Pep and I’m very happy with them. Carlos is fantastic for his position, and Pep is a solid CDM who makes it super easy for me to link my team together. I figure strikers and midfielders get the majority of the upgrades during Totw and promos, so I didn’t want to lock myself in to an attacker unless it is someone I’m going to use for awhile. I had 85 Okocha last year and he was really fun(especially since I use a fair number of skill moves), but I wanted to go a different path this year.

Fair play mate! Hope you have fun with them both
  • BigRichh
    163 posts Sunday League Hero
    When are icon swap 2 beginning?
  • thkvl
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2019
    After swap 1 ends. They're not gonna put out another swap when we have less than 2 weeks left for season 2 objectives.
  • Any info on icon swaps 2?
  • Littleland95
    17703 posts Moderator
    ghost102 wrote: »
    Any info on icon swaps 2?

Not yet.
  • TW1103
    ghost102 wrote: »
    Any info on icon swaps 2?

My guess will be a week after season 3 starts. Keeps with the pattern