The ICON SWAP info thread!

Comments

• Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    Selgarr wrote: »
    So I understand there will be 3 Icon Swaps released throughout the year and each Icon Swaps release will contain at least 20 individual Icons (Untradeable). So that means at least 60 Icon players will be involved?

But there are 89 Icons? So maybe as many as 29 Icons won't get an Icon swap? Or maybe some will be in the normal monthly Fut Swaps?

Looks like it yes, not all icons will be in icon swap!
  • starfox1284
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2019
    So I understand there will be 3 Icon Swaps released throughout the year and each Icon Swaps release will contain at least 20 individual Icons (Untradeable). So that means at least 60 Icon players will be involved?

But there are 89 Icons? So maybe as many as 29 Icons won't get an Icon swap? Or maybe some will be in the normal monthly Fut Swaps?

Just means Cruyff, Gullit, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, etc. are not going to be given to you in swaps.....market and packs only for the big boys.
  • Ozz
    5340 posts Big Money Move

My guess is we won't be seeing any version of the really top tier guys like R9, Pele, Gullit, Maradona, etc
  • CharlieC
    7386 posts Big Money Move
    Ozz wrote: »

My guess is we won't be seeing any version of the really top tier guys like R9, Pele, Gullit, Maradona, etc

You might get one but it'll be Maradona.
  • IAIK7
    3489 posts National Call-Up
    So am I helping you this year or not @Futfanatic? Because if I don't see my name in the first post then, you're on your own 🤨
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    So am I helping you this year or not @Futfanatic? Because if I don't see my name in the first post then, you're on your own 🤨

Don’t worry bro!😼✌️
  • Gnomenclature
    5694 posts Big Money Move
    I'm wondering if you'll be able to get a few lower rated icons? It would be sweet if you could get that butra and Rio for example. Right now, I'm looking at drogba! But baby butra is very good too....
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    ou9aiq.png.adapt.1456w.png

:cry: i wanna take Wright. But i wanna take Drogba.

Drogba probably be OP. But Wrighty
  • IAIK7
    3489 posts National Call-Up
    IAIK7 wrote: »

Don’t worry bro!😼✌️

Ta
  • I SiR MartY I
    5839 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2019
    Hopefully we can get more than 1 icon.

Would like Hagi and Zanetti to start the year off. Would suck to only be able to pick 1 from each bundle so 3 all year.
  • Gnomenclature
    5694 posts Big Money Move
    ou9aiq.png.adapt.1456w.png

:cry: i wanna take Wright. But i wanna take Drogba.

Drogba probably be OP. But Wrighty

You could take Wright since its his prime and save up for drogba prime when it's in packs? Personally, I'm going for drogba... I'm pretty sure Wright will be one of the cheaper icons to buy later on. Drogba will always be pricey.
  • RTG20
    705 posts Semi-Pro
    Am I the only one thinking Gerrard is the way to go?

Middle so H/H, he could play in a mid 2, deep 2 or a 3, even as a CAM possibly.
  • Retropoe82
    1303 posts Professional
    I dont get why they do futswaps for the three tier of icons then do sbcs for the momment icons but realease them after toty. That would make more sense. Last year they changed it an it was a rite mess
  • Arsence
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Will be so nice to have an early game top Icon - Hopefully.
  • iTaLenTZ
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    LOL saw this today on Nick's channel and haven't been following anything F20 related but this I had to see. They basically removed a lot of windows of opportunity to invest, sell and make coins. Icons will be more expensive than ever and you won't be able to get all the Moments even if they release them at all. So glad I didn't bought this game.
  • Daddy
    5748 posts Big Money Move
    This is good and bad in a way. Good in the sense that you can grind for an icon, bad thing is the higher end ones will not be in swaps most probably. Plus drogba being in batch 1 means the only way to play with prime/pim drogba would be to pack him or buy him off the market which would make it uber expensive.
  • Martythedoc
    2515 posts Fans' Favourite
    Daddy wrote: »
    This is good and bad in a way. Good in the sense that you can grind for an icon, bad thing is the higher end ones will not be in swaps most probably. Plus drogba being in batch 1 means the only way to play with prime/pim drogba would be to pack him or buy him off the market which would make it uber expensive.

Prime Drogba will be sweet. Used to love using Deigo Costa so hoping I can grind for prime.

My other hope is that mid Del Perio is in swaps 2
  • Ozz
    5340 posts Big Money Move

Prime Drogba will be sweet. Used to love using Deigo Costa so hoping I can grind for prime.

You won't be able to grind for the Prime Drogba, they already said that only one version of each Icon will be included in Icon Swaps and Drogba's Mid card is in Batch 1, meaning his Prime will not be available outside of buying him off the market or packing him.
  • purcvl
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm just wondering what the does to icon prices

Like baby Jeanne is 400k now, but if you can grind for the prime in 3 weeks is it dumb to pay that much today?

It feels like a bar move coin value wise
  • Martythedoc
    Ozz wrote: »

You won't be able to grind for the Prime Drogba, they already said that only one version of each Icon will be included in Icon Swaps and Drogba's Mid card is in Batch 1, meaning his Prime will not be available outside of buying him off the market or packing him.

Yeah, it's a shame.

They really should be every icon is grindable. But I think this is a good idea from ea myself

Grind for coins then
  • Selgarr
    1076 posts Professional
    Do we know anything more yet about the Player Token Objectives?

Will it simply be a case of win X amount of matches in Rivals/Squad Battles/Champs? Or will it be more specific like win X amount of matches with players from this league or that nation?

I was going to just play matches, save up my match coins and buy informs, but I might change to just buying lots of random NIF players in case I want to get these Player Tokens and you need specific players to complete them.
  • Jamiebanksrfc1986
    435 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This can either be good thing or a bad thing if its like fut swaps and exactly like swaps it could be a good thing. I would love to have more than one icon from each set so I hope we get a lot of tokens. And hope if tokens are in objectives please make it online/offline.

I also hope fut swaps is also apart of this FIFA this could be the year of goof affordable sbcs .

1 icon swaps
    2 fut swaps
    3 flashback SBCs
    4 icon pack SBCs can we do with players or just toekns ?
    5 future stars SBCs ?
    6 UCL SBC again?
    7 otw SBC?
  • Martythedoc
    This can either be good thing or a bad thing if its like fut swaps and exactly like swaps it could be a good thing. I would love to have more than one icon from each set so I hope we get a lot of tokens. And hope if tokens are in objectives please make it online/offline.

I also hope fut swaps is also apart of this FIFA this could be the year of goof affordable sbcs .

1 icon swaps
    2 fut swaps
    3 flashback SBCs
    4 icon pack SBCs can we do with players or just toekns ?
    5 future stars SBCs ?
    6 UCL SBC again?
    7 otw SBC?

I may not have been around for FUT 19 but there is no way it will all offline if I know EA
  • Moose Factory
    4589 posts National Call-Up
    I'll be the one Weirdo taking Pirlo.

Pirlo-Gif.gif
  • Zeke1216
    1310 posts Play-Off Hero
    I just want crespo !!
  • RTG20
    705 posts Semi-Pro

Pirlo-Gif.gif

@Moose Factory

I was tempted to, but that Gerrard card is insane, I don't get why more people aren't wanting him in this thread, especially with the way the game is atm.
  • Moose Factory
    4589 posts National Call-Up
    RTG20 wrote: »

Pirlo-Gif.gif

@Moose Factory

I was tempted to, but that Gerrard card is insane, I don't get why more people aren't wanting him in this thread, especially with the way the game is atm.

@RTG20 I did a RTG with that Gerrard card last year and absolutely loved it. Used him as CAM in a 4-1-2-1-2 (2). I'm tempted but leaning towards Pirlo atm.

• RTG20
    705 posts Semi-Pro
    RTG20 wrote: »

Pirlo-Gif.gif

@Moose Factory

@RTG20 I did a RTG with that Gerrard card last year and absolutely loved it. Used him as CAM in a 4-1-2-1-2 (2). I'm tempted but leaning towards Pirlo atm.

@Moose Factory

Ohh that would've been fun!

I just love how versatile the card is, literally can be in a 2DM, flat 4/mid 2, mid 3, cam, I love Pirlo but it's just so niche/for the sake of it being Pirlo.
  • y_j_es_i
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Prime Peter Schmeikel ‘86’?? 86???
    And prime Rio Ferdinand ‘85’???
    Thats a joke

Schmeikel was better week in week out than Courtois was at the World Cup and Courtois got rated 88.

Rio was rated 88 in Fifa09, why on earth would he only have an 85 legends rating? That doesn’t make sense
  • Safehands84
    4046 posts National Call-Up
    Who I take will all depend on tokens for each player. I'm planning pack only all year, no fp, no market just sbcs and what I get from rewards. Hopefully can get Rio and a striker, means one of my CB sorted fir the year. Already packed Bale,Handanovic, Suarez so there 3 players who are good enough until tots.

Would like Drogba but think he'll require all the available tokens. So with what I'm planning makes more sense to take a few players.