Comments

• Stlducks
    2180 posts Fans' Favourite
    GCEDZQ9.png
  • Stlducks
    uuDp3D3.png
    RVdA18v.png

Spurs are put in a group with Atletico Madrid for the second straight year, splitting the results last season. Atletico would go on to lose in the final to Barcelona, the side that eventually eliminated Tottenham.

Chelsea, the Europa league winners for the last two seasons are matched with Juventus and RB Leipzig.

One of the more entertaining groups, group B. Liverpool, OL and Ajax all playing attacking, high speed football.
  • ElMarcos
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Spurs aren’t known to be big spenders these last years. Which might have put them in the position where they currently find themselves. If you want to compete for the PL title and look good in all competitions you either have to raise good players from the academy or give yourself some room to breath and make a manageable loss. You will make up for it with prize money.

Maybe you can combine the two and take a little loss until the academy comes up with players to improve your squad.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    I actually think that group could be tricky with Porto and Atletico even Zagreb may cause problems but the team should get through.
  • DB1512
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hard draw, I think it will be a very open group where everyone can win from everyone.
  • Stlducks
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Spurs aren’t known to be big spenders these last years. Which might have put them in the position where they currently find themselves. If you want to compete for the PL title and look good in all competitions you either have to raise good players from the academy or give yourself some room to breath and make a manageable loss. You will make up for it with prize money.

Maybe you can combine the two and take a little loss until the academy comes up with players to improve your squad.

I'm thinking a manageable loss is the way to go. With these long injuries in defense we need to bring someone in.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    I actually think that group could be tricky with Porto and Atletico even Zagreb may cause problems but the team should get through.

I don't really know Zagreb but I agree with the other two. It will be a difficult group but we still should advance.
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Hard draw, I think it will be a very open group where everyone can win from everyone.

Should be a fun group.
  • dannyboy
    12893 posts Has That Special Something
    Going to disagree and say that Atlético will be the only challenging team. :sunglasses:
  • Stlducks
    3YB36Cf.png
    r4tT4hv.jpg
  • JoshDFC
    Dominant performance away to Newcastle seemed by those stats it could have been even more
  • Stlducks
    Dominant performance away to Newcastle seemed by those stats it could have been even more

Should have been more but the finishing was awful.
  • Stlducks
    avYrCgq.png
  • Stlducks
    avYrCgq.png
  • Stlducks
    aZkDkg8.png
  • Stlducks
    h2ZvHs4.png

Transfer lists
    7aG1Sn0.png
    ullI24K.png
  • ElMarcos
    Eze is a great unknown to me, but Upamecano is a great solid signing!
  • JoshDFC
    Nice signings two for the future although Upamecano could make an impact this season for sure
  • Stlducks
    Eze is a great unknown to me, but Upamecano is a great solid signing!

I like Eze in real life so I'm hoping it translates to the game.
    Nice signings two for the future although Upamecano could make an impact this season for sure

With our injuries at CB, he will be asked to step in right away.
  • Stlducks
    m5Zzolc.png
    JUzZfjY.jpg
  • ElMarcos
    The second half must have been an awful one. Being two goals up and losing is hard.
  • JoshDFC
    Team collapsing like that is a shame seemed to be on curse for a huge three points but thats the quality they possess
  • Stlducks
    The second half must have been an awful one. Being two goals up and losing is hard.

It slipped away quickly. City were able to sub on Sterling and Zaha against a tired defense. They ran all over us then.
    Team collapsing like that is a shame seemed to be on curse for a huge three points but thats the quality they possess

That's three times in the last two years we have collapsed against City or Liverpool in the second half. It is frustrating.
  • Stlducks
    xu2o4tQ.png
  • ElMarcos
    Good win against Porto!
  • DB1512
    Already the second time you lose after a two goal lead facing a title rival, not a great start for Nagelsmann in the topmatches. Very important to win the first match in the UCL group versus Porto with the tough Atletico game coming up.
  • Nice graphics mate, I will follow you ;)
  • Stlducks
    Already the second time you lose after a two goal lead facing a title rival, not a great start for Nagelsmann in the topmatches. Very important to win the first match in the UCL group versus Porto with the tough Atletico game coming up.

Not a great look for the new manager competing against the top teams if he can't find a way to finish them off..
    JochemLFC wrote: »
    Nice graphics mate, I will follow you ;)

Thank you!
  • Stlducks
    Since the transfer window of season 2 is complete, here is a look at some of Europe's top teams.
    CInkDge.png
    rZumVf0.png
    cVACJ2K.png
    5Mbf1Uk.png
    Gjsri4a.png
  • DB1512
    Always nice to see an overview of the most important teams of Europe. Some heavy signings for the Dutch teams with Wan-Bissaka to PSV and Alex Telles to Ajax.
  • Stlducks
    Always nice to see an overview of the most important teams of Europe. Some heavy signings for the Dutch teams with Wan-Bissaka to PSV and Alex Telles to Ajax.

I wish there was a better way to view other clubs and leagues but this method will have to do for now.
  • Stlducks
    v99BwmW.png
    dY784Z6.jpg