Tottenham - Season 2 | Sept 2020

Comments

• Stlducks
    2180 posts Fans' Favourite
    With what’s going on in real life, I’d say this is what Spurs should have been doing, only more gradually than you are. Havertz should be a gun.

I think this type of rebuild is what the club wanted but nobody bid on the players that wanted out so they were stuck.
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    You made Some nice additions to the team!

Thank you. Trying to get younger but better.
  • Stlducks
    PB98e52.png

A quick start for Harry Kane and Spurs was enough to get the three points against recently promoted Aston Villa. Tottenham missed key chances to improve the lead but Villa never threatened the result.
  • Stlducks
    sy9eOlF.png
  • Stlducks
    edited October 2019
    Big Match Preview

The second match of the season features two title hopefuls. Manchester City have won the league the past two seasons and hope to make it three straight. Tottenham have continued to finish top four but still have not claimed a major trophy in 67 years.

Both sides won their first match, City winning at West Ham and Spurs beating Aston Villa at home.

Last season Man City won both league matches but were eliminated by Spurs in the Champions League.

Pochettino has elected to play five at the back with pacey fullbacks Ryan Sessegnon and Kyle Walker-Peters. Both young defenders will have their hands full with the Manchester City wingers.

Pep is going with his usual 4-3-3 but with a few defensive surprises. Jerome Boateng is making his City debut and John Stones is starting at LB.

OsB3Edg.jpg
    img]
  • Stlducks
    pXsUIYa.png
    City edge out Spurs in defensive battle

Two teams full of firing power in attack ended up mixed in a defensive match. Hugo Lloris and Ederson combined for 14 saves with Lloris saving nine. Manchester City enjoyed 66% of the possession but only found one goal through Kun Aguero.

Tottenham had a chance to draw level when Hueng-min Son chipped Ederson but Joao Cancelo was there to clear his shot away just before it crossed the line (pictured above.)

Mauricio Pochettino was pleased with the effort from his side. "We fought well. I thought the moment would be too big for some of our young players but they showed me they could handle these situations. We just got beat by a better side today."
  • Stlducks
    edited October 2019
    BEgo0ow.png
  • Ashy
    11090 posts Has That Special Something
    Some massive sales there, Havertz instantly replaces Eriksen and Mukiele is a brilliant defender that slots in well at RCB. Investment wise brilliant. Seems you do struggle to score so far, strong at the back as expected and losing to City away it's too bad, you can bounce back, Arsenal game coming up after the next one I believe!
  • Stlducks
    Ashy wrote: »
    Some massive sales there, Havertz instantly replaces Eriksen and Mukiele is a brilliant defender that slots in well at RCB. Investment wise brilliant. Seems you do struggle to score so far, strong at the back as expected and losing to City away it's too bad, you can bounce back, Arsenal game coming up after the next one I believe!

I don't know much about Mukiele but I hope you're right. Vertoghen will be gone after this season so I'll need to sign another CB or promote one in a year.

Havertz is someone I really enjoy watching in real life so I knew he was a top target when I started playing.

I believe Arsenal is the next league match after Newcastle but there is a league cup match squeezed in before it too. Arsenal are flying right now so it should be a good match.
  • Stlducks
    5AX6fnl.png

Spurs bounce back from the Manchester City defeat with a win over Newcastle. Newcastle scored the first goal off a horrible mistake by Hugo Lloris who came out of his box but then decided to retreat and watched the ball lob over his head into the empty net.

Dele Alli asked to start this match and came up big with the first goal and helped set up Giovani Lo Celso's first Tottenham goal.

67hboWv.png
  • Stlducks
    NO5BKKH.png

Tottenham played a weak side with the short rest before the North London derby. Troy Parrott scored in his senior team debut and also hit the post twice. Lucas Moura had a penalty saved in one of the many chances Spurs failed to put the match away.
  • Ashy
    Good to come back from a goal down and Alli proving why he should be in the starting XI. Arsenal lost to Liverpool so momentum is shifting in Spurs favour right now

Nice to hear some of the youth got a chance against Spurs with Arsenal ahead. Parrott getting the winner too brilliant.
  • Danimal5981
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's all not very convincing yet. The Man City loss I can understand, but against Villa, Magpies and the Roths it should've been bigger margins.
  • Stlducks
    Good to come back from a goal down and Alli proving why he should be in the starting XI. Arsenal lost to Liverpool so momentum is shifting in Spurs favour right now

Nice to hear some of the youth got a chance against Spurs with Arsenal ahead. Parrott getting the winner too brilliant.

Winning at Arsenal would be a big result this early in the season. I would take a draw of course.
    It's all not very convincing yet. The Man City loss I can understand, but against Villa, Magpies and the Roths it should've been bigger margins.

You're right, we haven't started clicking in attack yet. I like how the defense looks but the attack is lacking.
  • Stlducks
    aNDmCuR.png

Spurs Transfer Summary
    IScSrZO.png

Top Transfers
    9m3CvZc.png
  • Stlducks
    CRUd6X0.png
  • Ashy
    Smart business again with Aarons especially since you need a RB and he will provide good competition with Walker- Peters, whoever preforms the best gets the spot it looks like.
  • exercisebike
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Quite nice to see such a realistic table in FIFA, but Spurs would hope to start climbing soon.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    Big game coming up against Arsenal what are your targets this season do you think you can win the title?
  • Stlducks
    Smart business again with Aarons especially since you need a RB and he will provide good competition with Walker- Peters, whoever preforms the best gets the spot it looks like.

Aarons and KWP need to improve on one on one defense but they both provide the pace and attacking ability I prefer in fullbacks. I'm hoping the potential feature works as planned so I can improve them both.

Quite nice to see such a realistic table in FIFA, but Spurs would hope to start climbing soon.

I agree! First time a FIFA table has looked so accurate for me.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Big game coming up against Arsenal what are your targets this season do you think you can win the title?

I don't think we can win the league this season. City and Liverpool are too good. I would love any cup win and at least final 8 of UCL.
  • Stlducks
    xEMIFS1.png
  • Stlducks
    6dRkU4g.png
  • exercisebike
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Interesting UCL draw - did you randomise some of the groups? I’d say your version looks harder than real life.
  • Stlducks
    Interesting UCL draw - did you randomise some of the groups? I’d say your version looks harder than real life.

Yea I randomly moved a few teams around just to make the season a little different than real life.
  • Wiggie44
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Some big changes in the transfer window but just what spurs needed. Top 4 and a trophy would be a great season, always good to see saints bottom of the table too ;)
  • Ashy
    Nice preview of the games ahead, I'm looking forward to the North London Derby and the UCL group is exciting indeed, Atletico are a strong European team as always, RB Salzburg can be deadly and Lille will cause problems, should finish in the top 2 though
  • Stlducks
    Wiggie44 wrote: »
    Some big changes in the transfer window but just what spurs needed. Top 4 and a trophy would be a great season, always good to see saints bottom of the table too ;)

I agree about Saints! Something about them I've never liked.
    Nice preview of the games ahead, I'm looking forward to the North London Derby and the UCL group is exciting indeed, Atletico are a strong European team as always, RB Salzburg can be deadly and Lille will cause problems, should finish in the top 2 though

Thank you, I'm going with the monthly updates now copying your career. A monthly preview, results then summary and table.

Atletico made a lot of improvements so they will be a fun challenge.
  • Stlducks
    September
    Results
    mdzVqXP.png
    EGXL8Y0.png
    YqCM1U4.png
    PZyw6pn.png
    tw5BNZ8.png
    GMEKnb7.png

Review and table
    Obl1Y7Y.png
    HuyJVSL.png
  • Stlducks
    4rhvvuP.png
  • ElMarcos
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2019
    September looks to have been a pretty decent month
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    The team are where we would expect at this point ok not in the top four but very close and as the season progresses I feel the team will get used to the new signings and start to push up and away from the other contenders I think third is a realistic aim