tK5qYxv.jpg
Post edited by Stlducks on

Comments

• Stlducks
    2180 posts Fans' Favourite
    8TLgCmj.png
  • Wyojasond
    14355 posts Has That Special Something
    Whoa.....didn’t see you taking this route. Very interesting. I’ve always liked Steve Nash, but do get a little annoyed with him during the B/R coverage of the Champions League. Still, the passion he showed last year on the set when Tottenham went through was pretty cool. Good luck man.
  • Stlducks
    Whoa.....didn’t see you taking this route. Very interesting. I’ve always liked Steve Nash, but do get a little annoyed with him during the B/R coverage of the Champions League. Still, the passion he showed last year on the set when Tottenham went through was pretty cool. Good luck man.

I thought I would go completely different then my previous stories. Nash was my favorite NBA player(back when I watched). He has expressed interest in being involved with Spurs management one day and currently co-owns a few teams so I thought he would be a good option.

For Billy Bean, he has talked about using his "moneyball" approach in the PL and that fits Spurs philosophy so I added that in.
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    Very curious to see how this works since Spurs are kind of moneyball already tbh
  • Stlducks
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Very curious to see how this works since Spurs are kind of moneyball already tbh

They are in a lot of ways so major changes will not be needed in that regard. Like I mentioned above, Bean's ideas match Spurs philosophy pretty well. Just needs some tweaking to get over the hump and win something.
  • DB1512
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Interesting concept with Billy Bean's Moneyball principle. I'm not sure if Fifa is very suitable for it due the lack of data it provides (no stats from other leagues for example) so I wonder which parameters you will use for the scouting of potential signings.
  • Stlducks
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Interesting concept with Billy Bean's Moneyball principle. I'm not sure if Fifa is very suitable for it due the lack of data it provides (no stats from other leagues for example) so I wonder which parameters you will use for the scouting of potential signings.

That is the negative with FIFA but I will focus of attributes that fit my need for certain positions and try buying players cheap before the price goes up. Last year I would accept jobs in other leagues to look at their stats then go back to my main save. Quick workaround for the leagues you have offers in.
  • Stlducks
    edited September 2019
    FzOnI4j.png

Suggestions or ideas on the manager position?
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    I think keep Poch. He already fits the model.

If you change, maybe Ledley King? Club legend with a strong DOF like bean could be interesting
  • Wyojasond
    14355 posts Has That Special Something
    I think Poch is bored. Sometimes you need a new manager to get you over that hump. Crazy to think this group of Spurs players may never win a trophy. New owners, need a new coach.
  • Ashy
    11090 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2019
    Good luck with this, interesting approach as far as Poch I'd say if he wants to stay keep him on but any doubt about the project or him even thinking about a move then get should go you want a manager fully committed and focused on the club.

Howe or Rodgers are good options but if you want a trophy winner then I'd maybe look at Benitez, Allegri or Ancelotti, even someone like Deschamps is a wild card pick for me. That is someone interesting I'd like to see in the PL.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'd say it would be harsh to replace Poch considering what he he has done with limited resources. With a budget he might have them contending for trophies
  • WestardLord
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero
    Really like this idea of the overhaul spearheaded by Beane.

Maybe I don't have the most unbiased perspective, but I do think Poch has value and can do a lot if he's given a lot. Stability is required, but there needs to be investment in key areas.
  • Wiggie44
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    For what he has achieved Poch deserves the right to choose and should be untouchable, but his attitude recently suggest he is bored and maybe a fresh start will be good for him and the club
  • Stlducks
    The people have spoken and Poch will stay for at least year one. Depending how the season unfolds we will revisit the manager position at the end of the season. Thanks for the comments.
  • Stlducks
    eZ3g6p3.png
  • Stlducks
    k8AdzU0.png

Audi Cup ends in penalty shoot-out defeat
    Even though Spurs lost the final, the Audi Cup can be looked at as a win. No injures to the squad and a formation was settled on with the starters picked for the opening game.

Each match had different players and styles to see what worked best. Finally Pochettino settled on a 4-1-4-1.

Hugo Lloris will be the starting keeper with Kyler Walker-Peters edging Serge Aurier for the RB position. Jan Vertoghen and Toby Alderweireld will start at CB with Danny Rose at LB.

Harry Winks is the starting CDM with Tanguy Ndombele and Christian Eriksen in midfield with Son and Erik Lamela on the wings. Of course, Harry Kane will be starting up top.

The only questionable position left is Christian Eriksen who really struggled in preseason and has competiton with Dele Alli and Gio Lo Celso behind him.
  • Stlducks
    4TnpxOe.png
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    No changes eh? Interesting call.
  • Stlducks
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    No changes eh? Interesting call.

Not yet, turned off the transfer window to start. Needed time to put scouts out and find replacements for players that will be leaving.
  • Wiggie44
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Poch has showed his commitment to the club now but the pressure is on to deliver
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    Poch deserves a chance to spend some money the work he has done is phenomenal considering he hasn't spent that much
  • DB1512
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think Poch is still the best man for Spurs, but I a revolution is coming for the team. Some expiring contracts in 2020 and I don't think Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Eriksen are going to extend.
  • Stlducks
    I haven't played a match in the season yet so I'm going to restart with the update. Will pick up right after preseason and with the transfer window open this time to change it up.
  • Stlducks
    HskWSyo.png
  • Stlducks
    OasBEDl.png
  • Stlducks
    DDgRbYV.png
  • Stlducks
    3AwDWDB.png
  • exercisebike
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    With what’s going on in real life, I’d say this is what Spurs should have been doing, only more gradually than you are. Havertz should be a gun.
  • ElMarcos
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    You made Some nice additions to the team!