Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • Danimal5981
    2246 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 19
    kQa8DgT.png
  • Stlducks
    1479 posts Professional
    Always enjoy your stories. Love the detail and using the Ajax academy.
  • Daviee x
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Good luck. look forward to seeing you bring through the next batch of dutch wonderkids
  • Wyojasond
    11614 posts Has That Special Something
    Eager to see how the new kids develop at Ajax. Big shoes to fill after what De Jong and De Ligt did last year.
  • Ahmer50x
    18262 posts World Class
    Good luck!

Only one thing: if you sell Daley Blind, I boycott. Love that guy :blush:
  • Danimal5981
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Always enjoy your stories. Love the detail and using the Ajax academy.

Thanks. Scope will be on the Academy, possibly even more than before

Daviee x wrote: »
    Good luck. look forward to seeing you bring through the next batch of dutch wonderkids

Don't know if they'll be Dutch, but wonderkids indeed!

Eager to see how the new kids develop at Ajax. Big shoes to fill after what De Jong and De Ligt did last year.

I think the current squad is better in how they started the season compared to last year, which implies a hope for them doing even better at the end of the season...

Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Good luck!

Only one thing: if you sell Daley Blind, I boycott. Love that guy :blush:

Deal! I will not sell Daley Blind... not in the 2019/20 season at least....

• Danimal5981
    edited September 18
    So, if you're up to date: last year, I invented the fictional character of Dani Cruijff. He and his brother Jordi (actual son of the late and great Johan Cruijff) had taken over at Ajax and lead the team to a (in hindsight, very realistic!) national double and a semi final in the UEFA Champions League.

Read the FIFA 19 Career Mode Story ---> HERE

In line with last year's FIFA 19 Career Mode Story, this is where I pick up:
    Dani Cruijff, a manager last season, now becomes General Director

• DB1512
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    Interesting sequel to your previous Ajax story! Curious who will fill in the vacant positions, I hear positive things about Christian Poulsen in his current role as Ten Hag's assistant. Maybe he would be the best man for the job. Another option that comes immediatly to my mind is a combination between Wesley Sneijder and Rafael van der Vaart.

• Ahmer50x
    18262 posts World Class
    I’d love to see you give the reigns to Kluivert personally
  • Stlducks
    1479 posts Professional
    Great idea to move Dani up. Give him more decision making power. Have many former players expressed interest in managing Ajax? It seems every player that leaves wants to find a way back at some point in their career.
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 19
    The Ajax - DNA: What is it?

In the midst of 2010, Johan Cruijff tried to save his club. Not from bad results (though Ajax last title at the time dated from 2004 and the last notable European result from 2003), but from the influence of business - the course of a club, which was decided by men with ties in offices, not by people with experience in football on the pitch. Ajax football, for that matter.

When a new Board of Commissioners was about to be appointed via share holders, Cruijff took Ajax to court. He disagreed with the appointment of the would be Louis van Gaal-lead board, which was not according to the mission-statement, philosophy and founding documents of Ajax - not the appointment itself that is, but the process leading to that appointment; though some argue, the animosity between Johan Cruijff and Louis van Gaal was the actual fuel to the fire.

Johan Cruijff was supported by other ex-players such as Marc Overmars, Wim Jonk, Dennis Bergkamp, Bryan Roy, Orlando Trustfull and the De Boer twins, Frank and Ronald. They won. And with that, the Cruijff-revolution took place. The technocrats and politicians were out.

Ajax became less of a business and more of a football club again. Ex-players would now hold key positions in the Ajax organization and staff. Frank de Boer would become manager, Dennis Bergkamp his assistant, Marc Overmars became Director of Football, while Wim Jonk became Head of the Academy. Initially, it was a big success: between 2011 and 2014, Ajax took four consecutive league titles though it failed to impress in the Champions League.

Then, things started to unravel. Overmars and General Director Edwin van der Sar moved the club into a different direction. As if carefully planned, the transformation began right after Johan Cruijff's death in March 2016. Frank de Boer left in June of that year, Wim Jonk was already brushed aside a year before.

For the 2017/18 campaign, Ajax 2-coach Marcel Keizer was appointed manager of the first team only to be ousted five months later. Later, it became apparent that Keizer merely served as the instrument to get rid of assistant-manager Dennis Bergkamp. Now, none of the Cruijffians were left. Erik ten Hag, a longtime friend of Marc Overmars but without a particular Ajax-background, moved in to replace Keizer and Bergkamp but the season ended in disaster, completing a four year string without winning any trophies.

That meant it was time to go for Marc Overmars (now Director of Football at Arsenal) and Erik ten Hag (now Bayern München). General Director Edwin van der Sar saved his chair by welcoming back devotees and family of the now late Johan Cruijff. In came his sons: Jordi and (the fictional) Dani.

The Cruijff brothers restored much of their father's revolution, with themselves in the key positions of Manager and Director of Football. 2018/2019 has put Ajax back on the map, winning the national double and missing the Champions League final by a goal in the final seconds of the semi final.

As Van der Sar now has moved to Manchester United where a similar task awaits of restoring a club and its DNA, former manager Dani Cruijff now moves up to become the new General Director, deepening the Cruijff-revolution which revolves about preserving the Ajax-DNA: but what exactly is it?

kQa8DgT.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 19
    XfkyDCo.png
  • Ashy
    9750 posts League Winner
    The Ajax story last year was great and so close to reality it's crazy, good to see a sequel to that, I'm eager to see who gets the manager job it's going to be a big test with PSV looking decent although selling Lozano. UCL will be tough and I hope fans expectations are not too high, I think a R16/Quarter final finish would be great still.
  • Ahmer50x
    18262 posts World Class
    Kik Pierie is always a favorite of mine in career mode. He'll be great for you!
  • Wyojasond
    Alvarez is the player I’m most eager to see develop. Think Ajax got him for a steal.

Hopefully Dest can make an impact too 🇺🇸
  • Danimal5981
    Alvarez is the player I’m most eager to see develop. Think Ajax got him for a steal.

In real life, Martinez appears to be the best quality for his value. Fits in with Ajax perfectly, whether in defense or on midfield. Pitbull type player with great passing accuracy.
  • Wyojasond

In real life, Martinez appears to be the best quality for his value. Fits in with Ajax perfectly, whether in defense or on midfield. Pitbull type player with great passing accuracy.

Martinez is who I meant, the new CB. Don’t know why I thought that was Alvarez 😂
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    Will be interesting to see how Ajax react after a summer where they lost a number of key players
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 23
    All credits to the in-game editor! You can edit the looks in career, whenever you want.
    So, you can stick at the club while changing the (looks of the) manager...

WpJiGGY.png
  • Ahmer50x
    18262 posts World Class
    Really pleased by that choice of manager.

Always liked him
  • DB1512
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 24
    Great to see Rijkard be Dani's successor. He hasn't been a manager on top level for a while so I wonder if he still has it, but as a Cruijff adept a great man to guide Ajax together with his sons.
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting choice of manager will be interesting to see how he does coming out of retirement. Will the break have helped or hindered him?
  • Danimal5981
    kGDDWDI.png
  • LAboog4
    651 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great hire, the new director is already doing a fine job. Bringing someone in with a history of success and who knows the Ajax way is very smart. Really like the gameday graphic with the faded middle.
  • Ahmer50x
    18262 posts World Class
    Rough score but thankfully only preseason.

Maybe list the scorers?
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 28
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Rough score but thankfully only preseason.

Maybe list the scorers?

Yeah, in competitive games maybe.
    But as mentioned before: compared to last year's CMS, I wanted to go simpler.
    And right now, for obvious reasons, stalling for time before unleashing FIFA 20 CMS.
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 29
    version #2

dUJj6Nz.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 29
    or according to version #1

37XUous.png