433(x) / non-meta formations discussion thread - various formation CTs in first post

Comments

• FCBlunt
    3122 posts National Call-Up
    madwullie wrote: »
    Played my first two games. Wife phoned in the middle of the first 🤬 so had to quit. Second I won 2-0 against another (5) user (?!), casemiro got sent off for two very soft bookings so I had to close it down and move to 4231 for the second half. Relatively comfortable in the end. Just playing everything on default atm but with possession set. Will try @FCBlunt 's setup at some point soon though. 4 players on free roam is exactly the kind of **** that gets my juices flowing

I use “Come short” on my RW and balanced on my LW.. You can use it on whatever wing or not use it at all.

Also, the overall tactics might need some fine tuning, but I bet you’ll figure that out. GL :smiley:
  • EisenErmin
    9046 posts League Winner
    Just took my first loss with the 433(5) agains a very good 433(4) player.

So far i had 8 wins, 2 draws and now 1 loss with the 433(5). Really enjoying the formation again. The loss was deserved for sure and i lost by a big margain (6-2).
  • madwullie
    6439 posts Big Money Move
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Just took my first loss with the 433(5) agains a very good 433(4) player.

So far i had 8 wins, 2 draws and now 1 loss with the 433(5). Really enjoying the formation again. The loss was deserved for sure and i lost by a big margain (6-2).

Yeah 433(4) with lukaku up top just gave me a fantastic game. I ended up winning 2-1 but a draw would have been far fairer. Too big a space between my players for my liking meaning I have to go for medium range low percentage passes all too often. Will play my placement matches then have a look at the tactics I think.
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    @FCBlunt

How are you finding high line??

I was concerned it wasn't going t be viable with pace being king, and only starter CBs out.
  • Gnomenclature
    5694 posts Big Money Move
    Played a few games with the 5 using instructions from last year's thread. I'm having issues with my midfielders getting forward. The whole team is refusing get forward lol. Will have to continue tweaking and check work rates.
  • reidabalda
    488 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’ve been using the 4-3-3 (4) so far and it’s been going reasonably well (5-1-1). However, I am still struggling to defend properly and sometimes when attacking I feel my wingers are too wide so I’ll most likely reduce attacking depth
  • EisenErmin
    9046 posts League Winner
    reidabalda wrote: »
    I’ve been using the 4-3-3 (4) so far and it’s been going reasonably well (5-1-1). However, I am still struggling to defend properly and sometimes when attacking I feel my wingers are too wide so I’ll most likely reduce attacking depth

attacking width :smile:
  • reidabalda
    488 posts An Exciting Prospect
    reidabalda wrote: »

attacking width :smile:

Yes haha
  • Notformeclive
    2492 posts Fans' Favourite
    For those who like playing 433(5) with overlapping fullbacks try 343 with the striker on 'false nine' instruction.

The right and left midfielders play basically how Alves did at Barcelona which pushes the RW and LW inside into those half spaces rather than just sitting on the touchline, I know there is a lot of frustration about the wingers movement over the last year, I should stress I haven't played this years yet.
    It's also really effective against 4231 and 41212 as the fullbacks are forced to mark the LM and RM leaving the RW and LW free to move inside untracked, you basically have an overload every time you get the ball wide.
    Defensively the wide midfielders automatically drop back into a five (even on balanced) or if you want to press high it's obviously perfect for that as well.

An attacking centre back who is good on the ball as the middle centre back (a Ramos or a Luiz type) preferably H/M will still give you that diamond like when Busquets drops between the two centre backs to get possession.
    It's a really fun formation to use and importantly about as non 'meta' as it gets, I have literally never played against it.
  • Knytmare_1707
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2019
    So Iv been experimenting with a couple formations and different players.

Ultimately I want to try and play a mixture of Liverpool and City with regards to the on field positioning of the players. I’m still trying to get the press correct but don’t want to expose the team too much.

I’m finding that having the correct work rates for certain roles helps.
    H/M for both CMs has been important as they support the attack.

FUT

CT

433(2)

Balanced
    Balanced

LB/RB - Inverted
    CDM - Stay back, cover center
    Both CM - Cover center
    LW/RW - Cut inside, GiB
    ST - False 9

F3-DB06-BB-D059-4318-826-B-B6-EDF9-B5-E03-E.png

• EisenErmin
    9046 posts League Winner
    For those who like playing 433(5) with overlapping fullbacks try 343 with the striker on 'false nine' instruction.

The right and left midfielders play basically how Alves did at Barcelona which pushes the RW and LW inside into those half spaces rather than just sitting on the touchline, I know there is a lot of frustration about the wingers movement over the last year, I should stress I haven't played this years yet.
    It's also really effective against 4231 and 41212 as the fullbacks are forced to mark the LM and RM leaving the RW and LW free to move inside untracked, you basically have an overload every time you get the ball wide.
    Defensively the wide midfielders automatically drop back into a five (even on balanced) or if you want to press high it's obviously perfect for that as well.

An attacking centre back who is good on the ball as the middle centre back (a Ramos or a Luiz type) preferably H/M will still give you that diamond like when Busquets drops between the two centre backs to get possession.
    It's a really fun formation to use and importantly about as non 'meta' as it gets, I have literally never played against it.

I will give it a try at release. On paper it looks good and your thoughts make sense.

Marcello will be my LM which should be perfect, not sure about my RM though.
    Backline will be Kimpembe, Marquinos and Meunier
  • Delboy13710
    7486 posts League Winner
    Well my girl only went and ordered the game for me even though I said I didnt want it 😫

Thinking of going RTG or just full silver for some fun. What's everyone's impressions so far ?
  • Renamed123456

This was literally my discovery last year.

It holds posession really well, gives beautiful attackin options and triangles up front.

The only issue i see 433(5) users having is little empty in midfield.

It always seems to have an option to pass tho, and when you break the opponents press, it really breaks it.

For me the benefit over the 4335 is...
    - wingers attack more than cm
    - wingbacks get forward better than fullbacks
  • mihain247
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    What do you think about 4-3-3 flat?

• Notformeclive
    2492 posts Fans' Favourite

I

This is literally my only issue with it, the left and right midfielders drop too far too fast making it 523 and as you say it's sometimes spacious in midfield , options include upping the depth more or playing high pressure, I might try putting them on stay forward.
    Have you tried that?

• Craftydevil
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What instructions do you guys use for 433-5 really want to give this formation a go this year, and what type of player is best for CF posisition?

Thank for help
  • EisenErmin
    9046 posts League Winner
    What instructions do you guys use for 433-5 really want to give this formation a go this year, and what type of player is best for CF posisition?

Thank for help

(Small) agile guy as CF is best. 4/4 skills or better. Someone like Ben Yedder (i have him) is perfect
  • Craftydevil
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Thank for help

(Small) agile guy as CF is best. 4/4 skills or better. Someone like Ben Yedder (i have him) is perfect

Thank you
  • madwullie
    This is my team so far. Got lucky with packs pulling suarez casemiro and alba so the squad kinda built itself.

Priority is a replacement for Vaas altho he has scored a couple in the few games I've played

Screenshot-20190921-185247-Companion.jpg
  • sjncomic
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    My pack luck has been god awful. But, I made a Serie A team and Josip Ilicic has been great at CF. 6 goals 2 assists in 4 games. He has been my best player by far. I am still trying to sort out the midfield and wingers. I have Rabiot, Pjanic, and Bonaventura but none of them are the right CDM. Wingers are Kluivert and Politano.
  • EisenErmin
    9046 posts League Winner
    edited September 2019
    sjncomic wrote: »
    My pack luck has been god awful. But, I made a Serie A team and Josip Ilicic has been great at CF. 6 goals 2 assists in 4 games. He has been my best player by far. I am still trying to sort out the midfield and wingers. I have Rabiot, Pjanic, and Bonaventura but none of them are the right CDM. Wingers are Kluivert and Politano.

Rabiot is a great CDM in my squad, he really is! And he scored some aswell in crucial moments.

This is my team : https://www.futbin.com//20/squad/8217596

Starting in 451(2) for chemistry reasons and switching to 433(5) ingame. Everyone other than Marcello (8chem) on full chemistry.
  • sjncomic
    edited September 2019
    @EisenErmin what are your instructions and tactics you are using?
  • fussydutchman
    1270 posts Professional
    edited September 2019
    I’ve always used either the 4231 wide or 4411, but I struggled with both during my first 10 games, going 5-5.

I just tried the 433(5) for my next five games and won them all, wow, such a dynamic formation in midfield. I used FC Blunts tactics (thank you!).

I was lucky enough to pack Reus early on from one of the hybrid SBCs and sold him for 250k to upgrade my team.

I’m currently using Rashford at CF with Deadeye to boost his passing. I wasn’t sure how he’d do as a CF given his passing and vision stats, but he scored 9 goals in the five games I’ve run the 433(5).

My midfield is Wijnaldum at LCM, Fabinho at CDM and Sissoko at RCM.

Looking forward to using this formation more!
    Post edited by fussydutchman on
  • madwullie
    edited September 2019
    Tried the 4 on free roam in the (5) and comfortably saw off my final two opponents to get placed in div 5. Only loss came in the game I had to quit because of IRL stuff. Really enjoyed their movement.

Replaced Vaas with isco who seems more usable so far than he's been in previous years for me anyway. Pulled ter stegen too so my "starter" team in pretty much complete.

Going to try @FCBlunt 's tactics tomorrow or the next time I get a decent amount of time to fiddle.

Still need to play a bloody squad battles match 😡 to unlock the rest of the objectives.

Cautiously optimistic about the possibilities with the (5) this year. Let's hope the YouTube lot don't ruin the game too much once they've had some time trying to break it 🤬
  • EisenErmin
    9046 posts League Winner

pressure after posession loss
    5 width
    6 depth

posession
    5 width

LB+RB : join attack
    both CM: free roam, get foreward
    CDM: cover center (notice: NOT "stay back")
    LW+RW: free roam

works good so far, barely lost a game. Unfortunately my 10 hours are almost over now, so thats it for now.:
  • sjncomic
    I’ve always used either the 4231 wide or 4411, but I struggled with both during my first 10 games, going 5-5.

I just tried the 433(5) for my next five games and won them all, wow, such a dynamic formation in midfield. I used FC Blunts tactics (thank you!).

I was lucky enough to pack Reus early on from one of the hybrid SBCs and sold him for 250k to upgrade my team.

I’m currently using Rashford at CF with Deadeye to boost his passing. I wasn’t sure how he’d do as a CF given his passing and vision stats, but he scored 9 goals in the five games I’ve run the 433(5). I’m using a Deadeye to boost his passing.

My midfield is Wijnaldum at LCM, Fabinho at CDM and Sissoko at RCM.

Looking forward to using this formation more!

You should try Pukki at CF he has 90 passing I believe
  • madwullie
    Thinking Frenkie might be a decent cdm with a sentinel slapped on him. Joao Felix could also fit well in my team. Sadly both are extinct so will have to wait till full release I imagine to try them.
  • sjncomic

pressure after posession loss
    5 width
    6 depth

posession
    5 width

LB+RB : join attack
    both CM: free roam, get foreward
    CDM: cover center (notice: NOT "stay back")
    LW+RW: free roam

works good so far, barely lost a game. Unfortunately my 10 hours are almost over now, so thats it for now.:

Thanks! I am using almost the same tactics but I will try your instructions. I can’t wait until Tuesday to be able to play and test out a lot.
  • Rpmarsh_2706
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @madwullie you doing another guide?

Good to see the thread start again.

433 5 is the way forward.
  • Renamed123456

I

This is literally my only issue with it, the left and right midfielders drop too far too fast making it 523 and as you say it's sometimes spacious in midfield , options include upping the depth more or playing high pressure, I might try putting them on stay forward.
    Have you tried that?

This used to bug me too - hated it playing as a back 5 with 2 sat in front. Here's a fix;

Not sure if will work in 20, but in 19 i reaaally played with the instructions.

Try this and let me know...
    LM/RM defensive instructions "balanced"
    LW/RW "come back on defense"

I found the LMRM would come back when needed. And the LWRW would drop to midfield to help.

Lemme know if that's working. Haven't got 20 yet, and not sure how works with starter players. But it worked really well for me end of 19 and you'd have that empty mid/ 5-2 defense less often.