Multiplayer (play Volta online with your friends) function is missing

Really EA If it's like the House Rules mode from this year it will be terrible. Hopefully they will give us the ability to play online with friends like in Pro Clubs where everyone controls one player, but knowing EA they probably won't do that

Give us the choice to buy Volta separately. I don't even want FIFA 20 but I do want Volta. Kind of sucks to shell out full price for it

how to kill possible hype only minutes after the announcement?

" At launch, team play will not be supported, meaning that you won't be able to play online with your friends,... "

Whoever decided to not support team play at launch ( and tbh with EA I highly doubt it perhaps will be supported during the evolution of the mode) must be the stupidest person that ever lived. I mean might be needed to be stupid to work for EA but everyone involved in that decision should get a proper Theon Greyjoy treatment.

I really was hyped. After playing 19 for 1 1/2 month and not wanting to buy FIFA 20 that mode and team play would have made me buy it instantly. I mean what do they think over there? Even Pro Club is better then that because I can play with my friends. God EA, you dudes suck.

Sorry, short rant be a dissapointent player. Have a good one everyone.

Comments

• Dawud
    16131 posts World Class
    This mode will die really quickly
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    I would play this more than I would with career and season mode to be honest, it looks good.

I kind of agree with the fact it should have been separate to UT and Career, but they wouldn't charge any less for the rest mode than they do with it, its all about them making money and themselves happy, not about us
  • Kasuyo
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ah well, no matter. EA will be happy because people buy the game, plus they expect fifa points profit to be higher than 19.
  • JazzIsName
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2019
    Dawud wrote: »
    This mode will die really quickly

I think you're correct. I'm not remotely interested in it. Stylised pish with annoying commentary from people that make my teeth itch. I really wish they had spent the development dollar on significant career mode improvements and/or keeping Juventus and various stadiums in the game. I think VOLTA should have been its own game, to be honest, and yes, it should have online play.

I suspect this mode will be used to shoehorn in more microtransactions at some point. I think that is really what it is a vehicle for.

• Sh4h_-_7
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pooter wrote: »
    I would play this more than I would with career and season mode to be honest, it looks good.

I kind of agree with the fact it should have been separate to UT and Career, but they wouldn't charge any less for the rest mode than they do with it, its all about them making money and themselves happy, not about us

I’m bashing this mode a lot what I love about this volta is FUTSAL 7 a side
    Volta is great and good fun & grind butyeah I agree team play or volta pro clubs is one flaw missing
  • How can there be no online play with friends 2019 can ea ruin the franchise anymore it's literally ridiculous
  • I seriously bought this game because I thought I was able to play Volta with my friend 3v3. Just like how we played back in the day with FIFA Street. Seriously EA just hire someone that thinks of these things its so stupid that you guys dont even have a play with friends online option in today's game. Same as house rules, why no online play? This is so dumb guys.
  • Ap619 wrote: »
    I seriously bought this game because I thought I was able to play Volta with my friend 3v3. Just like how we played back in the day with FIFA Street. Seriously EA just hire someone that thinks of these things its so stupid that you guys dont even have a play with friends online option in today's game. Same as house rules, why no online play? This is so dumb guys.

100% Agree. Volta is the ONLY reason I bought Fifa 20..only to find out I can't play with friends online... I want my money back. This will be the LAST year EA gets my money for any sports game.. I'm tired of them CRIPPLING games in order to shoehorn in UT and other money making modes over pure fun. God I hate this company
  • Jimtheyid
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I think it will be added as an online against friends mode, certainly hope so. After a few hours sat,it did break the monotony of constantly watching players fall over and concede fouls
  • Dahj876
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2019
    Was hoping there would be an online Volta as well but I guess EA didnt want to risk people investing playing time into that rather than their cash cow FUT.
  • I would really like to see Coop mode in Volta !!! That was my understanding from the confrence at E3.
  • They really need to add Multiplayer to Volta. It would really get more people to play it and I guarantee it would spawn Volta tournaments.