Blackburn Rovers | Rise Again

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    23728 posts Club Captain
    s1Tlqhy.png
    Yc1pzjX.png
    Blackburn Rovers have moved quickly to replenish their midfield as the club have announced the signing of Hellas Verona midfielder Liam Henderson (70, CM, 23). The Scot has signed a 5 year deal with Rovers and will take the vacant number 6 shirt. The deal is rumored to have cost the club 2.1 million pounds.

Speaking after making Henderson the second signing of his tenure, Tugay said, “I’m very pleased to have Liam joining us for our project. He’s a very capable workhorse of a midfielder with great passing range and will enable us to play better football this season. His experiences playing in Italy for the past 18 months will prove valuable as he brings a great football IQ to the Championship. He will be able to dictate our tempo from deep and also can put in a tackle when necessary. He is one of my top targets and I’m glad Christian was able to conclude the deal to get him here so quickly.”
  • Wiggie44
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good to see the back of the Venky's and the return of some Blackburn legends. Some promising additions to the squad, hopefully you'll be back up the the premiership in no time :)
  • DB1512
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Never heard of that rightback but I think these kind of signings make the game fun. More transferbusiness upcoming or are you finished?
  • Ahmer50x
    23728 posts Club Captain
    Wiggie44 wrote: »
    Good to see the back of the Venky's and the return of some Blackburn legends. Some promising additions to the squad, hopefully you'll be back up the the premiership in no time :)

That's the goal. Aim is to fight for promotion this year.
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Never heard of that rightback but I think these kind of signings make the game fun. More transferbusiness upcoming or are you finished?

I'm just getting started. The squad I inherited doesn't suit my style so we'll see a few more incomings.

Trying to keep it somewhat realistic so I've mentally capped it at 6 signings this window but Idk if my budget will stretch that far and I'd rather sign 4 good players I want than 6 meh players I'm just okay with.

But there will definitely be more!
  • What type of play style and formation are you looking for?
  • Ahmer50x
    23728 posts Club Captain
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    What type of play style and formation are you looking for?

Mostly possession football with a 4-3-3 attacking will be the primary formation but I am flexible.

Can see myself going 3atb or even 5atb occasionally
  • Ahmer50x
    23728 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2019
    s1Tlqhy.png
    f3aYu7d.png
    Blackburn Rovers manager Tugay has drastically reshaped his attack ahead of the upcoming season with Tony Mowbray’s top scorers Danny Graham and Bradley Dack being shown the door in favor of a new trio of young Turks. Headlining the arrivals is Abdulkadir Omur (74 OVR, RM, Age 20) who arrives from Trabzonspor for a fee of 2.5 million pounds and the transfer of Dack the other way. Secondly, Orkun Kokcu (71 OVR, CAM, Age 18) has arrived from Feyenoord in exchange for Danny Graham and a fee of 3.1 million pounds. Finally, Blackburn trigged the 3.95 million pound release clause in Ahmed Kutucu’s (68 OVR, ST, Age 19) Schalke contract to bring him in up front.

The new signings have been given the numbers 7, 10, and 9 respectively, underlining the faith Tugay has in them. Omur, dubbed the “Turkish Messi” in his homeland, has signed a four year contract, while the other two have penned five year deals. Speaking after getting his men, Tugay said, “I know this looks a bit of a gamble to the fans since Danny and Bradley got 30 goals between them last year. I want them to know that this trio are gonna do even better. They’re on the upside of their careers and I truly believe they can become world class with time. I am delighted they have chosen Blackburn Rovers to continue their development. I look forward to working with them this upcoming season.”
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    I thought we might see some Turkish talent join the team. It will be interesting to see how they adapt to the team and the new league
  • Wiggie44
    Exciting changes being made but also a gamble that could backfire, it looks like Tugay is investing for the long term with these young signings
  • Daviee x
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Some interesting signings from Tugay, never heard of any of them but excited to see how the Turkish reveloution plays out
  • Ahmer50x
    23728 posts Club Captain
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    I thought we might see some Turkish talent join the team. It will be interesting to see how they adapt to the team and the new league

Yeah, very curious to see. Only ever used one of them before in FIFA.
    Wiggie44 wrote: »
    Exciting changes being made but also a gamble that could backfire, it looks like Tugay is investing for the long term with these young signings

That's the idea. Want them to grow with the club.
    Daviee x wrote: »
    Some interesting signings from Tugay, never heard of any of them but excited to see how the Turkish reveloution plays out

Interesting. I'd never heard of Kutucu or Kokcu, but Omur was linked to big clubs like Liverpool this past window.
  • Ahmer50x
    23728 posts Club Captain
    s1Tlqhy.png
    mxINvyB.png
    CHAMPIONSHIP: MATCHDAY 1
    r7F2EEx.png
    CHAMPIONSHIP: MATCHDAY 2
    Btvu9kU.png
    CARABAO CUP: FIRST ROUND
    5GrMbqD.png
    CHAMPIONSHIP: MATCHDAY 3
    wgK1LRM.png
    CHAMPIONSHIP: MATCHDAY 4
    ZGLrFuI.png
    CHAMPIONSHIP: MATCHDAY 5
    gUE3JeK.png
    CARABAO CUP: SECOND ROUND
    bxcmIra.png
    CHAMPIONSHIP: MATCHDAY 6
    NXMZJIk.png
    JWRR6Cc.png
    wNpnEQz.png
    WLHs0Mu.png
    WhOFCtM.png
  • LAboog4
    820 posts Semi-Pro
    Nearly perfect start. Beating some of the bigger clubs right away with Fulham, Shef Wed and Middlesbrough.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    A really strong start to the season teams looking very strong and seems to be a cert for Promotion the way they are playing
  • Wiggie44
    What a start to the season, you have plenty of attacking options, surely promotion favourites now
  • Daviee x
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    impressive start to the season. Good to see some of the young turks excelling early on
  • DB1512
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great start and nice signings! Nice twist with the Turkish players.