Built: 1882
Capacity: 31,367

MANAGER INFORMATION
PHSq0ui.png
Full Name: Tugay Kerimoğlu
Date Of Birth: 24 August 1970
Nationality: Turkey
Played For: Galatasaray, Rangers, Blackburn Rovers
Previous Clubs Managed: Şanlıurfaspor (2015-16)

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    Squad Information

*Coming Soon*
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    s1Tlqhy.png
    qCxp3Ly.png
    It has been a summer of change at Blackburn Rovers as the club’s fans finally got what they wanted: the Venky’s era has drawn to a close. Turkey’s Dogus Group, chaired by former Fenerbahce board member Ferit Sahenk, has purchased the entirety of the Indian poultry conglomerate’s ownership stake in the club. Sahenk, with a net worth estimated by Forbes at $2 billion, has also become the club’s new chairman.

Within hours of the takeover being announced, Sahenk began reworking the club’s football operations. Christian Nerlinger, Sporting Director of Bayern Munich from 2009-12, was named the club’s new Director of Football. Nerlinger is perhaps best known for bringing Arjen Robben, Manuel Neuer, and Jerome Boateng to the club during the Louis van Gaal and Jupp Heynckes eras.

The change did not stop there, however, as Tony Mowbray, a generally popular figure with the fans who had brought managerial stability to the club after years of turmoil following relegation from the Premier League, was sacked after just over two seasons at the club. Mowbray was replaced by club legend Tugay Kerimoglu. The 49 year old Turk comes to the Championship with relatively little managerial experience, having only been in charge of Şanlıurfaspor for two midtable seasons back in 2015-16. Prior to that, he spent time as assistant manager at Galatasaray under Gheorghe Hagi and Roberto Mancini. He also has academy coaching experience at Manchester City and Galatasaray.

Speaking about the changes, Nerlinger told Sky Sports, “Mr. Sahenk has a big vision for this club. Obviously, with FFP, there are limitations and it will take time, but the goal is to return Blackburn to the Premier League as soon as we can. Ultimately, we’d like to challenge for trophies and make this a leading club again. It is that chance to really build something at such a historic club that brought me back to football and to England. Within the laws of the game, Tugay will have the full backing of the club to make the market. We believe he is a young coach who really understands the culture we want to recreate at this club. We know he is going to be successful.”

With a new owner, sporting director, and manager in place, on the same page, and aiming high, Blackburn fans are finally optimistic again about their football club. Whether that optimism proves warranted or this turns into another false dawn remains to be seen.
  • Ashy
    11090 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2019
    I remember the days Blackburn were in the Premiership, Tugay there as well... Hopefully you can bring them back there. They have a few decent youngsters that can come through too I would be good to see a strong British core take this team to the top again.

Good to hear about the changes in the background, seems the ownership want to invest enough to push the club to the PL at a fast rate. Could we potentially see some Turkish talent come to the club?

Good luck
  • Wyojasond
    14355 posts Has That Special Something
    Good luck man. Did a Blackburn story last year and have had a soft spot for them since then. Fun little squad to build upon.
  • sviraman
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This is an interesting challenge. Good luck.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is similar to one of the ideas I had for a story so looking forward to see how it progresses :) is this going to be similar to Wolves we’re we get an influx of Turkish players making the move to Blackburn?
  • Daviee x
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Good luck with blackburn. Should be an interesting journey
  • ChrisW1991
    1127 posts Professional
    I'm a Blackburn fan, love this thread! Haha Tugay 😍 an absolute football genius that guy
  • Danimal5981
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    They belong in the EPL. Make it happen!
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    Ashy wrote: »
    I remember the days Blackburn were in the Premiership, Tugay there as well... Hopefully you can bring them back there. They have a few decent youngsters that can come through too I would be good to see a strong British core take this team to the top again.

Good to hear about the changes in the background, seems the ownership want to invest enough to push the club to the PL at a fast rate. Could we potentially see some Turkish talent come to the club?

Good luck

I'm honestly not super familiar with the current squad as I don't keep as close of an eye on the Championship as I should. Picked them because I remembered the team with Roque Santa Cruz under Mark Hughes finishing top half of the Prem. It was either them or Portsmouth and I decided League one was too much of a challenge for me atm

Turkish talent is definitely something I'll have my eye on but I'm pretty broad based with my scouting so we'll see players from everywhere tbh
    Good luck man. Did a Blackburn story last year and have had a soft spot for them since then. Fun little squad to build upon.

Thanks! Gonna have to look back and check it out for some inspiration.
    sviraman wrote: »
    This is an interesting challenge. Good luck.

Thanks!
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    This is similar to one of the ideas I had for a story so looking forward to see how it progresses :) is this going to be similar to Wolves we’re we get an influx of Turkish players making the move to Blackburn?

We're certainly gonna see the aggression of Wolves since the ownerships goals for the club are the same but Idk if we'll see as much foreign talent. I do like a good British core personally.
    Daviee x wrote: »
    Good luck with blackburn. Should be an interesting journey

Thanks!
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    I'm a Blackburn fan, love this thread! Haha Tugay 😍 an absolute football genius that guy

Glad to hear it! Hopefully I can give you some highs as a fan even if it is just career mode and sadly not real life.

Tugay is one of my favorite players to ever play in the Prem. Huge fan!
    They belong in the EPL. Make it happen!

Working on it :blush:
  • ChrisW1991
    1127 posts Professional
    Lewis Holtby has just signed in real life so will give you a stronger squad to start with now 😉 https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/september/willkommen-lewis/
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    Lewis Holtby has just signed in real life so will give you a stronger squad to start with now 😉 https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/september/willkommen-lewis/

Yeah, I saw that. Not sure how I feel tbh given Dack already plays there and he's too slow to play wide and defensively incapable to play deep.
  • Stlducks
    2180 posts Fans' Favourite
    Holtby could be a good rotation player but I don't see him starting over Dack often. I also have a soft spot for Holtby from his Tottenham days.
  • ChrisW1991
    1127 posts Professional
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Holtby could be a good rotation player but I don't see him starting over Dack often. I also have a soft spot for Holtby from his Tottenham days.

He came on yesterday and played on the wing, looked really good 🔥
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain

Me too. I liked him then. Curious to see what he's like now but idk if he'll fit with me.

He came on yesterday and played on the wing, looked really good 🔥

Glad to hear it!
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2019
    s1Tlqhy.png
    wSNnslQ.png
    Blackburn Rovers have announced that newly appointed manager Tugay has finished sorting out his backroom staff and fans will be inundated with familiar names. Assistant Manager David Dunn, Goalkeeping Coach Brad Friedel, First Team Coaches Morten Gamst Pedersen and Ryan Nelsen are all past teammates of Tugay's in Mark Hughes' Rovers team more than a decade ago. All served the club for a prolonged period with distinction and will be welcomed back by Rovers fans who remember that pre-Venky's era fondly.

Tugay said, "Very happy to have them all on board. When I came in, I knew I wanted to bring back the culture to this place and these guys all know it. Additionally, they've been managers before so they bring experience. None of us has done this for very long before but between us we are among the most ready in the league. While I'm the manager and I have to make the tough calls, I trust each one of these guys to help me make the best calls. David has been here under Mowbray and knows the club so he's technically the assistant manager but really this is going to be a team effort. I am confident that together we will bring back Blackburn."
  • DB1512
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't know much about Blackburn Rovers and this manager from Turkey, but it looks like he has a promising staff.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    A lot of players at the club who know the team well. Hopefully the team will start pushing towards the top of th eChampionship and will be back in the Premier League soon
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Don't know much about Blackburn Rovers and this manager from Turkey, but it looks like he has a promising staff.

Yeah, its just a bunch of ex players :smile:
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    A lot of players at the club who know the team well. Hopefully the team will start pushing towards the top of th eChampionship and will be back in the Premier League soon

That's the goal. Idk how long it'll be since Idk the budget I'm gonna be working with yet though.
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    s1Tlqhy.png
    KoRLQom.png
    Blackburn Rovers have completed their first signing of the new era as Antalyaspor fullback Nazim Sangare (72 OVR, RB, Age 25) has signed a three year deal with the Lancashire side. Sangare, a German born Turkish international, has taken the number 2 shirt from Nyambe, who moves to the number 4 for the upcoming season. The deal is reported to have cost Rovers 2.6 million pounds and has also seen Bradley Johnson (70 OVR, CDM, 32) go the other way.

Speaking proudly after sealing his new addition, Tugay told the club website, “I am so happy Nazim has chosen to join us here. While it may seem like an obvious connection given our nationality, he had several offers across England and Europe in general. That he has chosen to come here is a testament to the belief he has in our project. Nazim is a flying right back who will contribute at both ends of the pitch. He offers pace, stamina, defensive positioning, and can also hit a good cross. He is the complete modern fullback. I’m sure our fans will take to him in no time at all.”
  • WestardLord
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2019
    Fully endorse the Sangaré signing. Lightning fast full back who will do great for this club!
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    Fully endorse the Sangaré signing. Lightning fast full back who will do great for this club!

I'm surprised anyone knows who he is. I didn't when I started looking for a RB :joy:
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    Ki32M9G.png
  • WestardLord
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

I'm surprised anyone knows who he is. I didn't when I started looking for a RB :joy:

Could have just been the quality of opposition in MLS, but I signed him in an FC Dallas career I've been doing on the side and he was fun to play with.
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain

Could have just been the quality of opposition in MLS, but I signed him in an FC Dallas career I've been doing on the side and he was fun to play with.

Ahh nice. Glad to hear that since I've never used him before signing him :blush:
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    HRDjzQL.png
  • Pwalie86
    1510 posts Play-Off Hero
    With the Smallwood signing it's a little frustrating when teams buy players that are unknown and media say things like 'This signing has sent a message to other teams in the league'.

Sangare deal looks pretty good. Also like the Sky Sports logo with the image too.
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    With the Smallwood signing it's a little frustrating when teams buy players that are unknown and media say things like 'This signing has sent a message to other teams in the league'.

Sangare deal looks pretty good. Also like the Sky Sports logo with the image too.

Thanks!

Agreed about the Smallwood deal. I really hate the way EA presents every signing as being earth shattering.

Just prefer using their template for small sales compared to writing something up for such an insignificant player myself.
  • Ahmer50x wrote: »

On these boards it will be hard finding a quality player nobody has ever heard of. 😂
  • Ahmer50x
    23533 posts Club Captain
    LAboog4 wrote: »

On these boards it will be hard finding a quality player nobody has ever heard of. 😂

True. We may be a small group but our knowledge is deep :joy: