I’ll go with Sanchez or keane
  • Davvebingan
    3028 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2019
    Carlos, Rivaldo or Kluivert
    Edit: Hagi actually looks very good as well
  • erdhfdsjh
    714 posts An Exciting Prospect
    None. All of these will be cheap to buy in the market anyway, while the good ones will be expensive. Better off either trading to get the better ones or just play for fun without bothering with tedious swap objectives.
  • Numlocked_
    2307 posts Fans' Favourite
    erdhfdsjh wrote: »
    None. All of these will be cheap to buy in the market anyway, while the good ones will be expensive. Better off either trading to get the better ones or just play for fun without bothering with tedious swap objectives.

I actually think useable base and mid icons Will be more expensive this year. If you dont have to grind endlessly it might be a good idea to go for 1 or a few of these icons.
  • [Z]one[ONE]
    1400 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can we only get one?
  • erdhfdsjh
    Numlocked_ wrote: »
    erdhfdsjh wrote: »

I actually think useable base and mid icons Will be more expensive this year. If you dont have to grind endlessly it might be a good idea to go for 1 or a few of these icons.

Agree that most usable icons will be more expensive. That’s kind of my point. These only being available in the market could potentially make prices skyrocket or some players extinct. That’s the problem with only some icons available in swaps and none in sbcs.
  • Waldog94
    3216 posts National Call-Up
    Ill be getting drogba and he will be in one of my teams all year
  • erdhfdsjh
    Waldog94 wrote: »
    Ill be getting drogba and he will be in one of my teams all year

Wouldn’t time be better spent building the coin fortune you’ll need to get prime/pim Drogba instead?
  • BondJame5Collins
    2716 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol at people thinking they'll actually get one. The requirements are going to be ridiculous. It'll probably require you to build various teams, play draining modes like Squad battles, it won't be worth it.
  • Yermawfc
    2223 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ian Wright all day long for me
  • starfox1284
    3342 posts National Call-Up
    Guess I am going to go for Rio, Pirlo, Sanchez, or Gerrard.....depends on how many tokens it takes and what the requirements are (crazy requirements anticipated).
  • Jamiebanksrfc1986
    534 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lol at people thinking they'll actually get one. The requirements are going to be ridiculous. It'll probably require you to build various teams, play draining modes like Squad battles, it won't be worth it.

And thats not a bad thing for casual players who just want to play the game are now geting rewarding in objectives for player tokens to get icons to me this is an amazing idea
  • Gnomenclature
    7684 posts League Winner
    I like it. There is plenty of time to complete them - won't feel too overwhelming if I have 3 months to score 50 goals with a Saudi lol.
  • CharlieC
    7425 posts League Winner
    edited September 2019
    Guess I am going to go for Rio, Pirlo, Sanchez, or Gerrard.....depends on how many tokens it takes and what the requirements are (crazy requirements anticipated).

Score 10 overhead kicks with a Colombian goalkeeper who has long hair
  • YB_11_
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sanchez or Nesta.
  • raul7kiev
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    Zanetti for me
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    Waiting for the meta but likely Zanetti or drogba.

Whoever you pick, you will have for the whole game with no icons sbcs
  • Safehands84
    4121 posts National Call-Up
    Planning pack only all year so one of the strikers I can build around.
  • Ozz
    7573 posts League Winner
    Considering we'll never be able to use them in an SBC I'll probably go for someone I can use for most of the year like Zanetti.
  • Fab
    19656 posts Club Captain
    Wright
  • cdbuck26
    3907 posts National Call-Up
    I'm confused, what's going on?
  • selb
    7393 posts League Winner
    cdbuck26 wrote: »

Read the new pitch notes and then look for an icon batch 1 image
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    cdbuck26 wrote: »

Read the threads
    Read ea pitch notes
  • LahmChops
    1928 posts Fans' Favourite
    So if you pick Drogba now, then you cant get prime or PIM Drogba?
  • Ozz
    7573 posts League Winner
    LahmChops wrote: »
    So if you pick Drogba now, then you cant get prime or PIM Drogba?

You can't get them regardless, only one version of each Icon will be available in the entirely of the Icon Swaps promo
  • Just_Unfair
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    Rio...if he is as good as always...maybe keane or gerrard
  • Gnomenclature
    7684 posts League Winner
    So.... this will be the only drogba available this year without actually packing him or buying him off the market?

Basically, this gives pay 2 win an even bigger advantage? At least with the sbcs you could take your time and eventually complete a eusebio. But now, we will have to save coins? Hmm... untradeables are going to have a lot less value with this system.
  • Ozz
    7573 posts League Winner
    So.... this will be the only drogba available this year without actually packing him or buying him off the market?

Yes, this is the first FIFA since Icons have been around where the only way to get the best version for most of them will be through packs/purchase.
  • Gnomenclature
    7684 posts League Winner
    Ozz wrote: »

Yes, this is the first FIFA since Icons have been around where the only way to get the best version for most of them will be through packs/purchase.

So lame... the most fun I had last year was stacking untradeables, spamming league sbcs, and completing icons... the gameplay just isn't good enough to keep me engaged for a whole season. Will have to see how ea compensate this perceived issue.

Objectives are fun and all, but can be a bit obnoxious at times.
  • Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    Has to be Wright for me. I planned on getting him anyway being an Arsenal fan.