Road to 1000 Goals with the Goat - Part III

Comments

• James Libby
    7043 posts Big Money Move
    Sold Ribery.

Will buy him back after TOTS drops his price.

Bergkamp to come from swaps.

Thinking PIM Blanc, Roberto, and Lehmann next. Any thoughts?

Fill in some of the Ligue One TOTS but otherwise not that horned. Will be playing WL again once the semester ends in thee weeks.

Closing in on 700 Goat Goals overall and 300+ with the PIM.

All in all, my third year of Goat Gunning is proceeding quite nice-layyyyyyy.

Idgaf

Hope this helps, Jim.

Stay safe and best of luck finishing out the semester.

Sincerely,
    Oranje

To think the sensation that came over you hitting enter on this post.
  • CornishLad
    24290 posts Club Captain
    Don’t think I’ve played FIFA properly since the UK went into lockdown. (Been working nonstop) but can’t wait to get on and have a game with Henry, night pick up Zaha to partner him
  • ORANGEeffect05
    25510 posts Player of the Year
    Sold Ribery.

Will buy him back after TOTS drops his price.

Bergkamp to come from swaps.

Thinking PIM Blanc, Roberto, and Lehmann next. Any thoughts?

Fill in some of the Ligue One TOTS but otherwise not that horned. Will be playing WL again once the semester ends in thee weeks.

Closing in on 700 Goat Goals overall and 300+ with the PIM.

All in all, my third year of Goat Gunning is proceeding quite nice-layyyyyyy.

Idgaf

Hope this helps, Jim.

Stay safe and best of luck finishing out the semester.

Sincerely,
    Oranje

To think the sensation that came over you hitting enter on this post.

In the nether region, James.
  • James Libby
    GOAT banging a spectacular free kick:

SelfishViciousJellyfish.gif
  • James Libby
    Another banger from the GOAT:

SentimentalSimpleHarrierhawk.gif
  • Wonderfulwest
    5126 posts Big Money Move
    Henry making FIFA fun again
  • James Libby
    Just bought PIM Roberto and this happens first game:

https://gameclips.io/Father Wack/c5f692f3-1a0c-42af-a784-29ca18b19b84
  • Nicku32
    2269 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 3
    Obviously an extremely biased thread but I am tempted to buy PIM Henry. I currently have 3.3mil on PS4.

I switch to 4231 in game and currently Belotti is doing a great job for me 142 Goals and games with 60 odd assists. Should I just go for him and then look to upgrade LM/LB? I would love PIM Roberto Carlos! That was a banging goal. IF I bought Henry I would have to get another 500k or so for Carlos.

P.S. Spurs fan.....

qnCyCVH.png
  • James Libby
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    Obviously an extremely biased thread but I am tempted to buy PIM Henry. I currently have 3.3mil on PS4.

I switch to 4231 in game and currently Belotti is doing a great job for me 142 Goals and games with 60 odd assists. Should I just go for him and then look to upgrade LM/LB? I would love PIM Roberto Carlos! That was a banging goal. IF I bought Henry I would have to get another 500k or so for Carlos.

P.S. Spurs fan.....

qnCyCVH.png

Sick team, man! Glad to have you post (even though you're a dirty Spurs fan).

I definitely think Henry would be worth it for this team. He's also dropped a ton recently, so he's good value for coins. The next upgrade is a tougher question: how does that Hernandez play for you? PIM Roberto Carlos is a bit of a luxury, truth be told. You can get more effective LBs for less coin, but my gawd is he horned.

Let us know how you get on, mate.
  • James Libby
    Roberto with an UNCANNY strike to WIN the game in his FIRST game!

LegalSpryAmericanwigeon.gif
  • James Libby
    Roberto with an UNCANNY strike to WIN the game in his FIRST game!

LegalSpryAmericanwigeon.gif

Reverse angle:
    BountifulFelineHapuku.gif
  • Nicku32

P.S. Spurs fan.....

qnCyCVH.png

I definitely think Henry would be worth it for this team. He's also dropped a ton recently, so he's good value for coins. The next upgrade is a tougher question: how does that Hernandez play for you? PIM Roberto Carlos is a bit of a luxury, truth be told. You can get more effective LBs for less coin, but my gawd is he horned.

I've had that LB for for 615 games now, and he's been really solid for me but this weekend I have noticed that's an area I need improving for sure. I quite want to get the FB version, but also kinda wanna do the Sandro SBC, but I need to decide on Henry (or another super expensive attacker) beforehand.

On FIFA 18 I done the Henry SBC when it came out and he was absolutely amazing for me but haven't used him subsequently as the next 2 FIFA's i've hated M/M work rates, but this PIM version changed that.

In regards to Carlos, yeah I think Sandro might actually perform better but I just feel like I want that luxury card, i've always wanted to get Carlos, but I feel as though I should maybe look to improve my LM first.

Now i'm kinda heavily leaning towards Henry his price has gone up, could have got him earlier on for 2.55mil but now the cheapest is almost 100k more now! (Doesn't sound like much but I will need all the coins I can if I decide to get Carlos.

Do you have a mini review on Carlos?
  • ccooaattssyy
    11580 posts Has That Special Something
    How do you get the best out of Thierry Henry, talk to me.
  • Nicku32
    Ended up buying Henry last night on PS4 for 2.45mil. He's good but something feels a little off, like for example i've been in the same situation where he can just blast through with his pace with no CB around him and other times literally felt like a force field was holding him back not letting him get through. Still need time to adjust to his play style however.
  • Nicku32
    edited May 6
    4 Weekend league games (Win 18-20 lost the following) and the rest div 3 rivals. Up to div 2 now for the first time in months.

ZqJi2wb.jpg
  • James Libby

P.S. Spurs fan.....

qnCyCVH.png

I've had that LB for for 615 games now, and he's been really solid for me but this weekend I have noticed that's an area I need improving for sure. I quite want to get the FB version, but also kinda wanna do the Sandro SBC, but I need to decide on Henry (or another super expensive attacker) beforehand.

On FIFA 18 I done the Henry SBC when it came out and he was absolutely amazing for me but haven't used him subsequently as the next 2 FIFA's i've hated M/M work rates, but this PIM version changed that.

In regards to Carlos, yeah I think Sandro might actually perform better but I just feel like I want that luxury card, i've always wanted to get Carlos, but I feel as though I should maybe look to improve my LM first.

Now i'm kinda heavily leaning towards Henry his price has gone up, could have got him earlier on for 2.55mil but now the cheapest is almost 100k more now! (Doesn't sound like much but I will need all the coins I can if I decide to get Carlos.

Roberto Carlos is the dream at LB. A bit of a luxury, and certainly not meta (too short), but otherwise one of the most fun cards to play with in the game. He's fast as could be and incredibly strong. He tears up wingers on his side bodying them and laying fierce tackles - what's incredible though is even if he gets smoked, he almost always runs the man down and his LT bodying is extraordinary.

Then there's his offense. I absolutely love - maybe once a half - holding the ball up and activating his run down the left side. With the ball his turbo dribbling is uncanny - he gets a head of steam going and can change direction sooooo quickly - even when he gets tackled he gets the ball back somehow most of the time - and this his outside the box shooting is just sublime.

I haven't mastered free kicks yet this year, but in FUT18 I hit over 30 FK goals with his Prime. Stay tuned and I will be posting his highlights as I dominate!
  • James Libby
    How do you get the best out of Thierry Henry, talk to me.

Hey Coats,

Sorry for the delay in response. I would need to see your team and formation to make a proper diagnosis, but PIM Henry is a true all around striker. He can play in single striker and double striker. If he has a partner, I usually go with someone big and strong for hold up play (think Benz early on in the game cycle and FFS Haaland types). They key is to get him the ball in scoring positions because his shooting and finishing is top-notch. At the same time, I've had a lot of success taking players on with the ball - his dribbling is great, he's fast, and he's relatively strong - though he does get pushed off balance more than he should (the man's balance was insane IRL). He also scores a fair bit of headers for me, which is surprising, but overall I would treat him like a classic finisher and you'll thrive.

Let us know how you get on, mate!

Regards,

JRL
  • James Libby
    4 Weekend league games (Win 18-20 lost the following) and the rest div 3 rivals. Up to div 2 now for the first time in months.

ZqJi2wb.jpg

Very nice record, mate. I'm telling you, I'm telling EVERYONE, Henry is finally elite in this game!!!!!!!
  • James Libby
    Look at this old man smoking and toe-poking!

NaughtySingleAnemonecrab.gif
  • James Libby
    And a bonus Goat finish for the ages and the pages:

WigglyNeighboringGalapagoshawk.gif
  • James Libby
    Goat Gunners FC:

b71e2200bed7283c4f9160b6d940b772.gyf
  • iSptmnky
    7380 posts League Winner
    Goat Gunners FC:

Glad to see you're rocking Konaté, my favourite CB :)
  • James Libby
    iSptmnky wrote: »
    Goat Gunners FC:

Glad to see you're rocking Konaté, my favourite CB :)

I've tried so many other CBs, but keep coming back to him. 300+ games at this point!
  • Nicku32

P.S. Spurs fan.....

qnCyCVH.png

Roberto Carlos is the dream at LB. A bit of a luxury, and certainly not meta (too short), but otherwise one of the most fun cards to play with in the game. He's fast as could be and incredibly strong. He tears up wingers on his side bodying them and laying fierce tackles - what's incredible though is even if he gets smoked, he almost always runs the man down and his LT bodying is extraordinary.

Then there's his offense. I absolutely love - maybe once a half - holding the ball up and activating his run down the left side. With the ball his turbo dribbling is uncanny - he gets a head of steam going and can change direction sooooo quickly - even when he gets tackled he gets the ball back somehow most of the time - and this his outside the box shooting is just sublime.

I haven't mastered free kicks yet this year, but in FUT18 I hit over 30 FK goals with his Prime. Stay tuned and I will be posting his highlights as I dominate!

I want him really badly but I feel like I should upgrade Politano before considering it....
  • SF9
    9117 posts League Winner
    You guys are way too horned.
  • James Libby
    SF9 wrote: »
    You guys are way too horned.

Quite the opposite, lad.

We aren't horned ENOUGH.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    James,

I hope my HORN finds you well.

My Alessandro walked out on the monitor just below the Ode to Del Piero yesterday morning. Ciao Bello!
    IRjhfhG.jpg

HORN on, brother!
  • CovLee_Candice
    4530 posts National Call-Up
    James,

My Alessandro walked out on the monitor just below the Ode to Del Piero yesterday morning. Ciao Bello!
    IRjhfhG.jpg

HORN on, brother!

Nice pull but what is that record :trollface:
  • ORANGEeffect05
    James,

IRjhfhG.jpg

HORN on, brother!

Nice pull but what is that record :trollface:

Haha rivals is wild out here with objectives, hardly play a full game anymore :sweat_smile: WL should turn it around :naughty:
  • James Libby
    James,

IRjhfhG.jpg

HORN on, brother!

Unsurprisingly, your record suits you.