The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Comments

• Keano
    15351 posts World Class
    No primes till mid December & No PIMs untill Feb, kills a lot of hype for me & a lot of people tbh, games already over half way through it's cycle by that point.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4437 posts National Call-Up
    What a massive mess.
  • Keano
    15351 posts World Class
    Not released except in a fut swap kind of thing, where you'll have to get 50 rival wins whilst scoring with your 4th toe on your left foot with a right footed player.

Keane's prime is in the set 1, so now I might get him again, middle gigs would be good also for a while, but overall will take some getting used to, a lot of confusion/mess here.
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    :joy:
  • therealmerk33
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    These are now more unattainable than ever for your average player. You’re telling me a casual is gonna log on daily to perform next to impossible challenges to complete these swaps.
  • ITSSPENO
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2019
    These are now more unattainable than ever for your average player. You’re telling me a casual is gonna log on daily to perform next to impossible challenges to complete these swaps.

It's probably about as viable as being able to spend 800k+ on an average icon
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32906 posts National Team Captain
    Truly awful changes
  • Pietu
    5953 posts Big Money Move
    2 changes I like, the lowered discard value and not needing icons for icon sbc's
  • DougInskip
    7019 posts League Winner
    So with the swaps. Am I right in thinking you are randomly given one out of the first batch? Or you can choose which icon you want?
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    Truly awful changes

EA lost the Icon plot a long time ago.
  • Keano
    15351 posts World Class
    DougInskip wrote: »
    So with the swaps. Am I right in thinking you are randomly given one out of the first batch? Or you can choose which icon you want?

@DougInskip OI believe it'll be like futswap this year.. like for Giggs you may need 7 but for Keane you'll need 10 or something, so it'll be individual but not all will be the same amount.
  • therealmerk33
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    ITSSPENO wrote: »

It's probably about as viable as being able to spend 800k+ on an average icon

My biggest gripe that I think will hurt the casuals is the time limit. I think it will be difficult for a casual to log the time needed to complete these challenges and get the needed swap tokens in the necessary time window.

With SBCs, a casual could build their club up and complete them over a longer period of time than the new swaps would run for. Not to mention, you got pack value back from the SBCs.

Maybe these challenges for tokens won’t be ridiculous, but like mentioned in the thread, they likely will be hard and in modes casuals don’t play.

I don’t think it’s an issue for 99% of the forum community. I am just disappointed in EA pushing the “for the community” load of bs when it’s the exact opposite.
  • ccooaattssyy
    9890 posts League Winner
    Shock horror, Yahsir Qureshi involved in bad projects.
  • ccooaattssyy
    9890 posts League Winner
    giphy.gif

I have read it, but I am confused.
  • Grotbags
    83 posts Park Captain
    Ea couldn't possibly make a mistake with Icon releases again they said...…

EA make a mistake with Icon releases
  • ccooaattssyy
    9890 posts League Winner
    If an ICON has already been released in an ICON Swaps Release, it will not have any other versions released in a Future ICON Swaps Release.

Good to know at least, so those currently listed will only appear once. I.e 92 Nesta will never be in the Fut Icon Swap shenanigans.
  • ccooaattssyy
    9890 posts League Winner
    Worth noting that base & mid will GO OUT of packs in March it seems. That's a poor move.
  • NornIron
    12828 posts Has That Special Something
    Make no mistake about even EA confused themselves.
  • BWild
    3700 posts National Call-Up
    I love the idea of icon swap, that's brilliant. But I don't get why they would remove the base and middle icons from packs. Seems unnecessary.
  • ccooaattssyy
    9890 posts League Winner
    Sorry to spam, but they really should have reconsidered base & mid icon stats if they planned to do this. 86 Puyol is a prime example - absolutely pointless. Why not boost em up a bit?

PUYOL.png
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32906 posts National Team Captain
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Truly awful changes

EA lost the Icon plot a long time ago.

oh I stopped playing 19 the day they announced Prime Moments. that was such a massive slap in the face.
  • BWild
    3700 posts National Call-Up
    Sorry to spam, but they really should have reconsidered base & mid icon stats if they planned to do this. 86 Puyol is a prime example - absolutely pointless. Why not boost em up a bit?

Agree with that. With so many icons being added a refresh of icon stats would have been great
  • It would be so easy for them to use the Madden release schedule of Legends for FUT. A handful of primes available at the start plus their SBC. Release 2 primes every weekend(or more since I believe there are more Icons.) Then after TOTY start releasing the moments every weekend plus their SBCs. Then you can do the upgrades like last year and make the baby and mid versions more abundant in packs so you can make them part of the SBC. This way you have content all year and people can still get the version they want to use for most of the game cycle.
  • ccooaattssyy
    9890 posts League Winner
    In general I appreciate the transparency, and the tokens reward those willing to grind/play the game for these cards.

I could tolerate no PIMs until around January, but primes (most of which are not that good, should be in from day 1).

Base, mid & prime in packs day 1.
    PIM's around January (tied into TOTY).

Fut Icon Swaps is a good idea on the face of it.
  • Navraat
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    In general I appreciate the transparency, and the tokens reward those willing to grind/play the game for these cards.

I could tolerate no PIMs until around January, but primes (most of which are not that good, should be in from day 1).

so you still buying fifa 20?
  • ccooaattssyy
    9890 posts League Winner
    From set one of icons, I think Zanetti would be the "best choice"?
  • ccooaattssyy
    9890 posts League Winner
    Navraat wrote: »

I can already predict what your attempted point is here.

BuT YoU StILl BuY tHe GAMe

download.png
  • RebelRob
    5970 posts Big Money Move
    It’s just nonsense that the arguably the best bit of content (top end icons, pim’s etc) isn’t available for the whole of the game if you wanted it.
  • Navraat
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    Navraat wrote: »

I can already predict what your attempted point is here.

BuT YoU StILl BuY tHe GAMe

download.png

no shots or anything
    looking how many actually wont buy it
  • lewspaz
    974 posts Professional
    I think it sounds pretty good, never really been able to afford top icons so looking forward to this